If at all possible, could you take a look at my site? I'd love to hear your opinion on what you think can be improved...thanks!
mirrorpunch . com
Here's what I've accomplished so far:
1. I'm on page 2 for one of my keywords (de-ranked from page 1), and my keywords have just gone off the radar for the other two variations (de-ranked from page 6 and page something, I don't recall).
2. I've done some link building, but I'm covering quite a wide range of keywords - I have one campaign for my main keywords (3), one campaign for long tail (4), and one for "gold star" keywords (3) as denoted in a software. I've also included link variation to include general, non anchor text optimized links in response to penguin.
3. Here are some of the traffic methods/software tools I've used:
a. Article submission software
b. Blog network
c. Video submissions
d. Web 2.0 (squidoo and hubpages)
e. Social bookmarking
g. Blog commenting
h. Press release
4. I used a store called SaleHoo, but it really hasn't been doing so well for me.
5. For traffic, I'm getting a low visitor count even when I was ranking on page 1 (on position #8 or something), and these visitors weren't converting into sales. Bounce rate is close to 80% and average time on site is horrible...something like 8 seconds.
6. Is it purely coincidencial that the day I installed Analytics and Webmaster tools, my rankings took a hit two days later? I thought I should do a bit of tracking, and the platform only allows Analytics...
I'd love to hear your feedback, thanks!