It really irks me to see countless, one-word responses to these topics. They often look like this:
1. Facebook |
4. Web 2.0
Enjoy and click my signature as thanks for this awesome contribution!
In an effort to combat this, I challenge you to post one, detailed technique to generate some free traffic.
And, of course, I'll start us off.
- To start, find 5-10 high traffic blogs in niches related to your site.
- Signup for a free RSS reader (www.google.com/reader/)
- Subscribe to the RSS feed of the blogs in your list.
- Monitor your RSS feed daily.
Eventually, you'll start to notice posting patterns. Many high traffic blogs have posts scheduled out, far in advance. Even those that don't, often publish posts along some type of schedule. People are creatures of habit, so this is a natural occurrence.
What we're looking for, is to try and figure out when new posts are being published on these blogs. You can track this using pen/paper or an excel spreadsheet.
Once you have this information....
- Be one of the firsts to leave a comment on new posts. You must make high quality comments that further the discussion or add information that compliments the original post.
I find that the quality of the comment you leave directly affects the amount of traffic you'll receive. So make sure they are good.
Can't wait to hear what you guys and girls contribute.
Looking forward to a great thread!