Product launches are the best way to online success, do you agree?

40 replies
Hi,

I've been doing a little reading, and have read in a few places that there are obviously many ways of making a successful living from internet marketing and online.

eCommerce sites, affiliate marketing sites, adsense sites, selling services, ebay, list building and targeting to your list....

However what came across as the most successful way of making money, and a lot of it, is by launching your own well researched and unique info products or software that serve a need in the IM community.

Do you guys agree that although all the methods above can bring equal success to product launches, over time, there is no other method that can give you the scale of wealth as quickly than product launches.?

Id really like to hear some opinions on this.


Looking forward to your replies.
#agree #launches #online #product #success
  • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
    Banned
    No such thing as a one-size-fits-all answer, even with online business. You have to factor in different niches, physical vs. digital product launches, audiences, and much more.

    Yes, the conventional wisdom (at least back in the day and largely in the IM niche) is that product launches brought in the most money. Everyone's not playing in the IM niche though, and a lot of newbies who are flounder because they put out less than stellar products (see: the WSO, Warriors for Hire, and Classifieds sections).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6894654].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JasonParker
    I think it certainly CAN be.

    But then again I know of a guy who makes up to $50k per day with CPA offers and PPC.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6894657].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author grwalsh
      Jason do you have a go to product to help somebody create a quality product, coaching program, etc, would be very interested, have your listbuilding course and will be getting your launch course as well, thanks for your time

      Originally Posted by JasonParker View Post

      I think it certainly CAN be.

      But then again I know of a guy who makes up to $50k per day with CPA offers and PPC.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6958651].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lewey Lu
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6894670].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author theory expert
      Banned
      Originally Posted by JasonParker View Post

      I think it certainly CAN be.

      But then again I know of a guy who makes up to $50k per day with CPA offers and PPC.
      I am guessing his profit margin is 30%???

      Originally Posted by Lewey Lu View Post

      Yes, I know 1 affiliate made $90M in Ads4dough in 1 year time. Those are affiliates sales.
      salivating

      That's making it rain realm there.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6896611].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Lewey Lu
        Banned
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6896965].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author theory expert
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Lewey Lu View Post

          He's buying $500k (thousands) worth of media everyday (email, banner and search traffic).

          Any questions? Let me know.

          Lewey
          According to my handy dandy calculator if he was spending 500k a day is cost would be $182,500,000 per year. Something isn't adding up. :confused:


          Originally Posted by Lewey Lu View Post

          Yes, I know 1 affiliate made $90M in Ads4dough in 1 year time. Those are affiliates sales.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6899559].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Lewey Lu
            Banned
            [DELETED]
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6899718].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author theory expert
              Banned
              Originally Posted by Lewey Lu View Post

              Hey, it's not consistent. 500k a day is his biggest spend! Sometimes he buy media for 100k a day, sometimes 50k, sometimes 250k. It varies, depends on volume of your traffic source per day.

              Do you get it?
              If you more questions, please let me know.

              Cheers,

              Lewey
              Pardon me I can comprehend rudimentary english. Don't you get it?

              Condescending don't you think? Thanks
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6899744].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JasonParker
        Originally Posted by theory expert View Post

        I am guessing his profit margin is 30%???
        I don't know. His name is Greg Davis. You'll probably find him in Google with a search of "Greg Davis Super Affiliate." He's even done up to $100k in a single day (his claim).

        He's an interesting guy to follow. I don't do what he does and I dont study his stuff, but I like to keep an eye on guys like him.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6897834].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Justin Spencer
    You can make money selling ice to eskimos.

    The "best" way to do it, depends on what your preference is. Entirely.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6894678].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sonny Am
    I completely take those above points into consideration, and you are right in saying that there are people making millions in any area of IM, and each area will suit one person more than another, but generally speaking. If you launch a unique, compelling product that adds some real value, it is a tried and tested and more straight forward way of making money in some respects. Especially when there is a ready made traffic source, such as the Warrior Forum, this is all assuming the product is brilliant though.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6894703].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JasonParker
      Originally Posted by Sonny Am View Post

      I completely take those above points into consideration, and you are right in saying that there are people making millions in any area of IM, and each area will suit one person more than another, but generally speaking. If you launch a unique, compelling product that adds some real value, it is a tried and tested and more straight forward way of making money in some respects. Especially when there is a ready made traffic source, such as the Warrior Forum, this is all assuming the product is brilliant though.
      Well if you go here WSO Pro - The all-in-one WSO sale, delivery and management system | WarriorPlus and look to the right of the screen, you'll see 43 million dollars have been made from it in the past few years just from that platform, so there's your answer. Of course launching products works, but you can be really bad at it too. You need a great product, great copy, and JV partnerships.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6894730].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
        Banned
        Originally Posted by JasonParker View Post

        You need a great product, great copy, and JV partnerships.
        It's really as simple as this (notice I didn't say easy ).
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6894738].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Sonny Am
        Originally Posted by JasonParker View Post

        Well if you go here WSO Pro - The all-in-one WSO sale, delivery and management system | WarriorPlus and look to the right of the screen, you'll see 43 million dollars have been made from it in the past few years just from that platform, so there's your answer. Of course launching products works, but you can be really bad at it too. You need a great product, great copy, and JV partnerships.
        Thanks for the tip. Judging by the countless products launched on the warriorforum every day, I thought the figure would have been a lot higher than 43 million, if im honest. Im assuming then, that so many of the WF launches must be small scale launches that earn sub $10,000 or something?....Im also assuming that the number of million dollar launches on the warrior forum is a lot fewer than I assumed, judging by the figure of 43 million in total sales amount, over a number of years.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6894923].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JasonParker
          Originally Posted by Sonny Am View Post

          Thanks for the tip. Judging by the countless products launched on the warriorforum every day, I thought the figure would have been a lot higher than 43 million, if im honest. Im assuming then, that so many of the WF launches must be small scale launches that earn sub $10,000 or something?....Im also assuming that the number of million dollar launches on the warrior forum is a lot fewer than I assumed, judging by the figure of 43 million in total sales amount, over a number of years.
          43 million from JUST ONE PLATFORM
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6894973].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kal Sallam
    Yup you gotta have skin in the game.

    However,I wouldn't say its the its the only best/fastest because that would sound a bit naive.
    There are other business models that have a huge potential like for example:

    This guy from Canada shared with me recently how he earns 10k-20k commission checks
    Selling high ticket items(Jets,boats& coaching programs)
    It's a process to qualify for these type of programs, but It's worth the trouble.
    One sale and you hit the 10k mark
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6894839].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Lance K
      Find a hungry market and offer them what they want.
      Signature
      "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
      ~ Zig Ziglar
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6894873].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Sonny Am
      Originally Posted by Kal Sallam View Post

      Yup you gotta have skin in the game.

      However,I wouldn't say its the its the only best/fastest because that would sound a bit naive.
      There are other business models that have a huge potential like for example:

      This guy from Canada shared with me recently how he earns 10k-20k commission checks
      Selling high ticket items(Jets,boats& coaching programs)
      It's a process to qualify for these type of programs, but It's worth the trouble.
      One sale and you hit the 10k mark
      That is incredible. But the barriers to entry and ease of entry for launching products online makes it more attractive in my opinion, as well as needing to invest a lot less money up front, as im assuming the high ticket items has to buy them first in order to sell them to make that attractive profit.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6894901].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author shane_k
        Originally Posted by Sonny Am View Post

        That is incredible. But the barriers to entry and ease of entry for launching products online makes it more attractive in my opinion, as well as needing to invest a lot less money up front, as im assuming the high ticket items has to buy them first in order to sell them to make that attractive profit.....

        No you don't have to buy them first in order to sell them.

        When you mention barriers to entry when selling high ticket items the companies that you are an affiliate with are more descriminating about who they let sell their products. They want to make sure that you aren't just another spammer, because if you are then the chances of you driving away their customers is very high and that is too risky for them as they will lost alot of money.

        As for doing product launches I think it is a good strategy and one of many to have in your tool chest.

        if you only do product launches then you will have peaks and valleys in the revenue you generate.

        The month that you launch a product you will have high revenue for your business, then each month after it will tail off, until you have to do another launch before the popularity of that first product dies, and the revenue stream from that product dies with it

        and I think that is a part of the reason you see why the big IM marketers do launches and promote other products. The promoting other products is when they are not launching their own and thus filling in those valleys.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6896952].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kal Sallam
        Originally Posted by Sonny Am View Post

        That is incredible. But the barriers to entry and ease of entry for launching products online makes it more attractive in my opinion, as well as needing to invest a lot less money up front, as im assuming the high ticket items has to buy them first in order to sell them to make that attractive profit.....
        No need to invest or buy anything, you're just the middle man,
        You're job is to connect the seller with buyer and get a handsome cut.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6899127].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author grwalsh
          Very interesting Kal, so does your friend offer any training or do you know of anything out that that can shorten the learning curve, thanks alot



          Originally Posted by Kal Sallam View Post

          No need to invest or buy anything, you're just the middle man,
          You're job is to connect the seller with buyer and get a handsome cut.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6958524].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David James
    It can take a long time to create a quality product, so not necessarily that quick.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6894929].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    Well, not necessarily just info products. There are a lot of other types of products that also do well and serve the Internet marketing community.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6895281].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Davidstarz
    It may not work for everyone. Besides creating a product that will convert very well is hard work and its success will depend on many factors.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6895449].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fedor50
    Product launches can be a very lucrative avenue to making lots of money. But like plenty of other people said, there are other ways to make money online also. Selling services, Offline consulting, Building authority sites, etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6895474].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author everydayreviews
    That is true in a sense. I have made most of my money from a software I created. My product sells itself. But affiliate marketing does well for me too along with Adsense. You have to have a good product in order for it to work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6895498].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanmilligan
    Banned
    Originally Posted by Sonny Am View Post

    Hi,

    I've been doing a little reading, and have read in a few places that there are obviously many ways of making a successful living from internet marketing and online.

    eCommerce sites, affiliate marketing sites, adsense sites, selling services, ebay, list building and targeting to your list....

    However what came across as the most successful way of making money, and a lot of it, is by launching your own well researched and unique info products or software that serve a need in the IM community.

    Do you guys agree that although all the methods above can bring equal success to product launches, over time, there is no other method that can give you the scale of wealth as quickly than product launches.?

    Id really like to hear some opinions on this.


    Looking forward to your replies.
    Quickest way to online success (I would rather refer to it as happiness - it doesn't matter how successful you are - if you're not happy, is it worth it?) in my eyes is, whatever you're the best at and enjoy doing the most.

    Work is no longer work when you love what you're doing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6897903].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author headmaster211
    Banned
    There is money everywhere, you just have to find it. Not just in the MMO niche. People outside MMO niche maybe not even know what does a JV means, therefore you can pick up any market and make lots of money applying the methods there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6897919].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DustonMcGroarty
    Here's the thing with launches and I think someone else touched on it already... launches are good for a burst in revenue but what happens during the rest of the year? Product launches each month? That's A LOT of work.

    You need to have a funnel to push those customers through that buy your original offer. This can run on autopilot making you money when you're not launching.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6899684].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nick8820
    Not all methods are equal for everyone, obviously people can achieve better results doing different things, so there's not best method for everyone
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6899955].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GAldane
      I think product launches are fine but keep in mind that consistency is the key. That's why some folks have continuity programs...to balance out the highs and lows of product launches. The bottom line is that whatever you do in IM for success, in order to have steady, consistent income, you must have good reliable traffic sources.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6900166].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jbsmith
    Want to know the best part of product launches?

    The product!

    Seriously...when it comes to looking at alternative methods of monetization into a given market, selling infoproducts is the one I would pick hands-down everytime because it gives you leverage.

    What I mean is that you go through the work of identifying a hot market, develop the proudct and marketing campaign ONCE and leverage that system over and over again to earn profit.

    I've had a couple of ebook packages that have earned me $47-$97 front-end for 8+ years with nothing but a couple of days work each year to update the material, add some new tips/techniques, and update the sales page...that's IT!

    Since then I just keep duplicating by adding new products each year - all with subscription back-ends now which is really making things rock. Works in pretty much any market too.

    Whether you choose to go with a Big Bang product launch or a slow and steady launch - doesn't really matter as much as the fact that you want to create and market your own products in my experience.

    Jeff
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6900635].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author grwalsh
      Jeff do you have any resources to help somebody create a quality product, I have the info, just need some structure, thanks


      Originally Posted by jbsmith View Post

      Want to know the best part of product launches?

      The product!

      Seriously...when it comes to looking at alternative methods of monetization into a given market, selling infoproducts is the one I would pick hands-down everytime because it gives you leverage.

      What I mean is that you go through the work of identifying a hot market, develop the proudct and marketing campaign ONCE and leverage that system over and over again to earn profit.

      I've had a couple of ebook packages that have earned me $47-$97 front-end for 8+ years with nothing but a couple of days work each year to update the material, add some new tips/techniques, and update the sales page...that's IT!

      Since then I just keep duplicating by adding new products each year - all with subscription back-ends now which is really making things rock. Works in pretty much any market too.

      Whether you choose to go with a Big Bang product launch or a slow and steady launch - doesn't really matter as much as the fact that you want to create and market your own products in my experience.

      Jeff
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6958634].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aroth
    Product launches are just a tool. Product launches themselves aren't a business. It's a way to get a quick jolt of cash to reinvest in your business, but it's not a business. If you do an evergreen product launch(continuous) and pair with a great front-end and powerful back-end, and scale it up and out into other areas then it's a business.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6900678].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mark healy
    i think that launches are the iceing on the cake not the cake itself. Bolt on launches to your business but don't rely on that, you need consistent lead flow and continuity income when you are not doing launches.
    Signature

    Build a Real Online Business from scratch today!
    Get Your FREE Webinar Training Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6900966].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thinkoutthebox
    Not necessarilly

    just the market of
    any product to sell
    is the way to success


    product launches have
    so much hype and most
    people will not take heed
    to what they even buy

    I would rather sell a product
    behind the scenes that on
    a big product launch
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6900986].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Product launches is just one more way to have a big payday. I wouldn't go as far to say that it's the best way to online success.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6902095].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dahlgren_m
    When talking about a hungry market I think this podcast is something you should consider listening too.

    SPI 046 : Building a Lucrative Business with No Ideas, No Expertise & No Money with Dane Maxwell

    I found it incredible valuable, because the idea can be transferred to any niche in any market.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6959416].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author grwalsh
      Thanks Jeff and Dahl, very much appreciated
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6959964].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SJJPFTW
    Product launches only work if the product is worth launching. If its a great product and provides good value then you are onto something, otherwise the bad smell spreads quickly.
    Signature

    If you want to learn more about making money with small business owners for FREE click here to be notified when review copies of my new offline course are available.

    Please remember if something I do helps you, the thanks button helps me :-) ------------------>

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6960052].message }}

Trending Topics