An Extremely Successful Email Squeeze

14 replies
I have joined several Warrior's email list in the last few weeks and it is starting to look like everyone is getting their squeeze pages from Squeezes Is Us.

They have replaced the old standby e-book with a video, thrown in some bullets that are designed to make you want said "candy" the video holds, and an email only form with a disclaimer stating just how sick you yourself are of spam.

Now apparently these pages are working to a point. The question being is that point the maximum for all users? Is it the pinnacle of success for you and your exact business? Could it be leaving money on the table. Could it even be costing you money?

The considered norm is seldom the most effective anything for everyone. In example: How many signups do you think an extremely long sales letter would get for an ADD clinic?

It is stated over and over here that the money is not in the list but in the relationship.

If that is true then why do so many start this relationship out giving away something of very little to no value? Most of the e-books I have received for my email have been either PLR or some stale tactic that was not very effective when it was fresh.

Followups are not much better. Most of these are designed to get me to the author's blog to either click adsense, affiliate links and banners, or the latest CPA offers. The supplied tactic is just as stale as the original bait was.

The principle of give before you receive seems flawed somewhat lately.

I am a true believer of the more you give the more will come back to you. I find it hard to believe so many think they can give so little and get my hard earned money.

I have conducted several test in the last 6 months or so and will reveal more in future threads but ....

Test other forms of squeeze on your target audience. You might be surprised at just how effective something as old school as a double (content only) squeeze is. Give some real knowledge as bait and as follow up material. Do something that actually helps your readers and what comes back to you will be success.
#email #extremely #squeeze #successful
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Harris
    Interesting read Troy,

    I think as marketers, we are meant to
    be creative and "think outside the box"..

    But from my own experience transitioning from a background
    in construction into the internet marketing arena..

    Is an incredibly steep learning curve..

    I have used products like you mention to get an offer
    "live" to market..

    I think they are good for what they do, but they are also very
    limiting at the same time..

    They gave me the confidence and belief in myself that I
    could put a page online and start driving traffic in my early days..

    And while this was happening I keep on learning more and more,
    and then I was able to take my low value offer and transform it into an original
    product that has REAL value..

    I totally agree with you about giving..

    Giving real value will always come back..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6920973].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Troy_Phillips
      Originally Posted by quantumtiger View Post

      Interesting read Troy,

      I think as marketers, we are meant to
      be creative and "think outside the box"..

      But from my own experience transitioning from a background
      in construction into the internet marketing arena..

      Is an incredibly steep learning curve..

      I have used products like you mention to get an offer
      "live" to market..

      I think they are good for what they do, but they are also very
      limiting at the same time..

      They gave me the confidence and belief in myself that I
      could put a page online and start driving traffic in my early days..

      And while this was happening I keep on learning more and more,
      and then I was able to take my low value offer and transform it into an original
      product that has REAL value..

      I totally agree with you about giving..

      Giving real value will always come back..
      And there is nothing wrong with starting out that way. It could even be that the popular squeeze method could be the best for your business. Most of the list I have signed up to have been marketers that have been into this for a pretty good while. I don't see enough variance in their approaches to even be sure they are not all the same person lol.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6921077].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
        I've said all along that if you play 'monkey see, monkey do', you never know if you're watching the right monkey.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6921113].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Michael Harris
          Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

          I've said all along that if you play 'monkey see, monkey do', you never know if you're watching the right monkey.
          Absolutely John,

          Sometimes by taking a chance and "having a go"

          You end up being the monkey that everyone else is watching..
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6921168].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author philvandermeer
            Originally Posted by quantumtiger View Post

            Absolutely John,

            Sometimes by taking a chance and "having a go"

            You end up being the monkey that everyone else is watching..
            Scary thought...and probably more true then we realize! ~ Best to stay on your toes and deliver quality goods.

            I love it!
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6921247].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Michael Harris
        Originally Posted by Troy_Phillips View Post

        And there is nothing wrong with starting out that way. It could even be that the popular squeeze method could be the best for your business. Most of the list I have signed up to have been marketers that have been into this for a pretty good while. I don't see enough variance in their approaches to even be sure they are not all the same person lol.
        You're right Troy, there is NOT enough variance, and I think it is a bit sad..

        We all got some pretty amazing technology between our ears,
        but I think a lot of us fear using it..

        The opportunity this creates however, is that those that do
        "have a go" automatically give more value..
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6921232].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Palusko
    It's the trickle down economics. You come up with the best squeeze page, as a result of intense testing. I will apply it to my niche, even though it was not designed nor tested for it, hoping, that at least some of its effectiveness will trickle down even in my situation.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6921274].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Troy_Phillips
    I have also noticed very few use their autoresponder to do any of the work anymore. The key seems to be to either send me directly to their blog or to their destination of choice. This is another reason a lot of emails go unopened.

    If you are sending real content why not drip it using the autoresponder?

    Many use throw away email clients and get your ebook and run. If you were delivering that info via email on a drip premise .. they will open the emails if they want the cookie.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6921452].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author svk_hereiam
      Originally Posted by Troy_Phillips View Post

      I have also noticed very few use their autoresponder to do any of the work anymore. The key seems to be to either send me directly to their blog or to their destination of choice. This is another reason a lot of emails go unopened.

      If you are sending real content why not drip it using the autoresponder?

      Many use throw away email clients and get your ebook and run. If you were delivering that info via email on a drip premise .. they will open the emails if they want the cookie.
      this is something which I have noticed... I don't understand why content cannot be delivered over email... I for one like to read a good email... people just don't use it enough...
      Signature
      Get 100,000 Free Website Visitors in A Month
      The Exact Step by Step Which Earned Me My First $1, My First $100 and My First $1000 Online
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6921522].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jim Hughes
    Troy, you raise some good points. The "considered norm" may work in some cases but not others. One of the most important rules in marketing is testing to see what works for your particular situation.
    Signature

    Never Give Up!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6922063].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shaun OReilly
      I like to test three versions of my pre-sales process...

      So, two are typical squeeze pages where I test squeeze
      pages that follow the typical rules.

      Then the third variation is more of a 'left-of-field' idea
      like a quiz, survey or adapting a more unusual squeeze
      page that I've seen in another industry.

      That's how I like to discover what works better and
      continually test my assumptions.

      Dedicated to mutual success,

      Shaun
      Signature

      .

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6922157].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Troy_Phillips
        Originally Posted by Shaun OReilly View Post

        I like to test three versions of my pre-sales process...

        So, two are typical squeeze pages where I test squeeze
        pages that follow the typical rules.

        Then the third variation is more of a 'left-of-field' idea
        like a quiz, survey or adapting a more unusual squeeze
        page that I've seen in another industry.

        That's how I like to discover what works better and
        continually test my assumptions.

        Dedicated to mutual success,

        Shaun
        Shaun,

        We test three different types of squeeze and then usually five leaders to each squeeze. WE then take the winner of each five and send them to each winning squeeze. I don't know if it is because of my comfort zone with two stage content squeezes or my lack of enthusiasm for the typical squeeze but the doubles are working better than ever.... almost always clicking out at 50 to 80%.

        Thank you for your enlightening answers on here. You are one of the people that has inspired me to break away from the average.
        Troy
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6922270].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Frank C
    Thank you all for this conversation (why can't I find a "thank you" button?)

    Anyway, I'm a noobie here and have just started looking into Internet marketing as a way to supplement my retirement income and I must say it has been an eye-opening experience. I have never seen so much highly-touted crap in my life and was really shocked when I looked at some of the "products". It seems the philosophy has become: I can make money, regardless of what I sell, as long as I know how to package and market it. I can't even find a product or service that I would want to promote, in good conscience, as an affiliate!!

    I'm now working toward developing my own unique (and hopefully useful) product that will allow me to make a real contribution to others while creating a decent cash-flow. Maybe I'm being naive, but I just couldn't live with myself if I followed what seems to be the norm these days in Internet marketing!

    I'm thankful I've found this site, where most members seem committed to being truly honest and helpful.... it has renewed my faith in the possibility that the net hasn't become the home of just scammers and pimps... LOL

    looking forward to getting to know you all!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6963403].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author damenchoy
      Yes, I think being focused and get chosen things done first without jumping to other tasks is an important habit to be successful marketer online.

      Good Luck!

      Originally Posted by Frank C View Post

      Thank you all for this conversation (why can't I find a "thank you" button?)

      Anyway, I'm a noobie here and have just started looking into Internet marketing as a way to supplement my retirement income and I must say it has been an eye-opening experience. I have never seen so much highly-touted crap in my life and was really shocked when I looked at some of the "products". It seems the philosophy has become: I can make money, regardless of what I sell, as long as I know how to package and market it. I can't even find a product or service that I would want to promote, in good conscience, as an affiliate!!

      I'm now working toward developing my own unique (and hopefully useful) product that will allow me to make a real contribution to others while creating a decent cash-flow. Maybe I'm being naive, but I just couldn't live with myself if I followed what seems to be the norm these days in Internet marketing!

      I'm thankful I've found this site, where most members seem committed to being truly honest and helpful.... it has renewed my faith in the possibility that the net hasn't become the home of just scammers and pimps... LOL

      looking forward to getting to know you all!!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6963466].message }}

Trending Topics