by Fadiz
25 replies
Update- Flippa reached out here on WF and helped me make my listing better so my answer to Flippa sucks? is diffidently not, they have pretty awesome support

Ok so I put one site I got on flippa for few days and I got 3 bids so far, very low bids but that's ok, I can't complain about that cause not everyone might find what I have to offer useful BUT what i'm upset about is the listing got 64 views in other words you pay 29$ so 64 people can see your listing.

BTW this is my first time selling anything on flippa... any tips? or maybe bidders wait for last few hours to bid?
#flippa #sucks
  • Profile picture of the author DotComBum
    Your copywriting is very important too, if your sale copy is not good enough then people will not bid on it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6932270].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Fadiz
      Like I said earlier I don't have problem with not having bidders, it's that the listing only got 64 views

      Originally Posted by DotComBum View Post

      Your copywriting is very important too, if your sale copy is not good enough then people will not bid on it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6932301].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Adie
      Originally Posted by DotComBum View Post

      Your copywriting is very important too, if your sale copy is not good enough then people will not bid on it.
      Visitors does not dig whatever sites listed at the back of the features listings. Most people browse only the most active auctions, features listings, and latest listings. Once your site reaches the second pages of newest listing, the number of views will eventually dropped.
      Signature



      Moderator's Note: You're only allowed to put your own products or sites in your signature.

      Signature edited.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6932423].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Thomas Smale
        Originally Posted by Adie View Post

        Visitors does not dig whatever sites listed at the back of the features listings. Most people browse only the most active auctions, features listings, and latest listings. Once your site reaches the second pages of newest listing, the number of views will eventually dropped.
        What backing can you provide for this claim?

        While I'm not arguing that upgrades massively increase the visibility of an auction (and I'm applying several to each of my listings), I wouldn't be quite sure that "most people only browse the most active, featured and latest listings". Flippa provide a pretty sophisticated search feature, and any buyer who is serious enough will use search, rather than click on all listings on the front page to go through the listings that aren't even close to what they are after.

        As for OP - having gone through your auction just quickly I can see two obvious reasons why your listing has had so few views:

        1) No offence but the headline (3k installs on chrome webstore) is absolutely horrible. I can't think of a single person who would click this listing open as it doesn't provide even a tiny bit of useful information about the site.

        2) The website is simply something that most buyers aren't interested in (there's no revenue, very little traffic and no BIN price) and as such, it won't appear in the search results for most buyers.
        Signature
        I specialize in selling websites over $10,000 in value. No obligation, confidential valuation here.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6933518].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Fadiz
          Non-taken and it looks like Andrew from flippa already flippatized my title and I must admit it is much better than my original title
          Originally Posted by Thomas Smale View Post

          What backing can you provide for this claim?

          While I'm not arguing that upgrades massively increase the visibility of an auction (and I'm applying several to each of my listings), I wouldn't be quite sure that "most people only browse the most active, featured and latest listings". Flippa provide a pretty sophisticated search feature, and any buyer who is serious enough will use search, rather than click on all listings on the front page to go through the listings that aren't even close to what they are after.

          As for OP - having gone through your auction just quickly I can see two obvious reasons why your listing has had so few views:

          1) No offence but the headline (3k installs on chrome webstore) is absolutely horrible. I can't think of a single person who would click this listing open as it doesn't provide even a tiny bit of useful information about the site.

          2) The website is simply something that most buyers aren't interested in (there's no revenue, very little traffic and no BIN price) and as such, it won't appear in the search results for most buyers.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6937443].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kalednet
    Yes, bidders will wait, but if they are interested they will be watching your listing. You can see how many bidders are watching your auction now from Flippa's dashboard.

    Also, your subject line will affect how many people click to see your listing.

    I listed a website and got 2 bids, and around 70 views or so.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6932336].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gengis
    It's not as easy as people make it out to be on flippa. I try to get steals on there myself so I can relate to the bidders
    Signature
    My Craigslist Arbitrage Method Of Making Money On Demand -->

    http://www.warriorplus.com/w/v/f2fwlp
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6932347].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Fadiz
      Thanks, I guess i should upgrade to front page listing on the last day
      Originally Posted by Kalednet View Post

      Yes, bidders will wait, but if they are interested they will be watching your listing. You can see how many bidders are watching your auction now from Flippa's dashboard.

      Also, your subject line will affect how many people click to see your listing.

      I listed a website and got 2 bids, and around 70 views or so.
      Yes I can see that now
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6932371].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kalednet
    If you want more exposure, why don't you try their upgrade? I remember they offer something like announcing your site to their Twitter followers, highlight your listing... etc.

    This defiantly will get you more bidders.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6932350].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MSC
    If you want more bids, you can always use adwords to drive additional traffic to your listing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6932391].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Fadiz
      interesting, did you try that yourself? what keywords to bid on?

      PS. You got so samples of your videos ? I might need a video for project i'm working on
      Originally Posted by MSC View Post

      If you want more bids, you can always use adwords to drive additional traffic to your listing.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6932426].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author seobro
      Originally Posted by MSC View Post

      If you want more bids, you can always use adwords to drive additional traffic to your listing.
      This is true, but it is very expensive. Adwords traffic tends to convert well, so you might want to consider it if you have a high dollar site that is bringing in some money. For you regular run of the mill site, exercise some care. I try to use adwords traffic in some cases.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7325408].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kalednet
    Personally i don't recommend using adwords in your case.
    Flippa has a list of potential buyers. Try them first.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6932898].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chri5123
    Originally Posted by Fadiz View Post

    Ok so I put one site I got on flippa for few days and I got 3 bids so far, very low bids but that's ok, I can't complain about that cause not everyone might find what I have to offer useful BUT what i'm upset about is the listing got 64 views in other words you pay 29$ so 64 people can see your listing.

    BTW this is my first time selling anything on flippa... any tips? or maybe bidders wait for last few hours to bid?
    Flippa works well but it depends on whether the site you have is desirable.

    I have found that no reserve auctions work very well - but of course that is a gamble as well.

    If you site is making money, without very much work or has high rankings in the search engines and in a popular niche you will get a lot of views.

    Also bear in mind that if you list it for 30 days you will get way more views as the auction comes near the end as you will move up the page.

    As other's have said - your sales copy for the listing is very important as well. If it is a high end site you might be better off with a broker.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6932971].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author StraightupSEO
    I have noticed Flippa listings get very low visibility too. That is probably why they suggest having it run 30 days or longer.

    Are there any other good alternatives?
    Signature
    Straight Up SEO - Serious about rankings higher?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6932987].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PioneerPhil
    Your site may not be that appealing to buyers, does it has a good rank in google and Alexa? Maybe you have not worded your description to sell.

    All these things are factors when selling a site. People could potentially be shelling out a lot of money, they want to know everything about the site before they buy.

    Have you filled out all of the information Flippa says you should, stats etc?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6933101].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tony Humble
    Banned
    You don't have to sell your sites on flippa, you can also try internet forums.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6933307].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author centurion81
    Flippa use to be awesome...all the recent price increases are not awesome though.

    I think they need a competitor.
    Signature

    Watch Free Internet Marketing Videos

    ******************************************

    Start Making High Converting Sales Videos Even If You Have ZERO Experience. Step by Step System!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6933368].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author birdie28a
    I use to sell my sites on Flippa but as time went on I started seeing more and more junk sites for way cheaper than mine. Sales copy does matter and adding some really good bonuses always helps.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6933461].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AndrewAU
    Hi Fadiz.

    Andrew here from Flippa.

    As others have already mentioned, this is not about Flippa as much as it is that your auction title sucks!

    Your auction title is what follows your listing around the marketplace and is displayed in search results. You have done a great job in your listing of describing your site and verifying your traffic stats but there is nothing to give buyers a reason to click to read it.

    I've taken the liberty of changing it to "Popular Text-to-Image Social App - over 3,000 pageviews/month". By all means contact our support team if you want it changed back.

    While things like it being a recent site, no real SEO and a bespoke technology may limit buyer interest - as Thomas has mentioned - you can be confident that the title now works a lot harder for you.

    Also be sure to read some of our support materials to avoid these sorts of basic mistakes. Check out https://flippa.com/guides

    Happy selling!
    Signature

    Flippa Marketplace: Buy a website | Sell a website

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6937416].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Fadiz
      Thanks Andrew, i'm very impressed now with flippa support

      Originally Posted by AndrewAU View Post

      Hi Fadiz.

      Andrew here from Flippa.

      As others have already mentioned, this is not about Flippa as much as it is that your auction title sucks!

      Your auction title is what follows your listing around the marketplace and is displayed in search results. You have done a great job in your listing of describing your site and verifying your traffic stats but there is nothing to give buyers a reason to click to read it.

      I've taken the liberty of changing it to "Popular Text-to-Image Social App - over 3,000 pageviews/month". By all means contact our support team if you want it changed back.

      While things like it being a recent site, no real SEO and a bespoke technology may limit buyer interest - as Thomas has mentioned - you can be confident that the title now works a lot harder for you.

      Also be sure to read some of our support materials to avoid these sorts of basic mistakes. Check out https://flippa.com/guides

      Happy selling!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6937424].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author imchillin
    I also suggest, if not done already, to study the most recent sold sites on flippa that are close to what you want to sell for. See what their sales copy looks like, what type of features/benefits the site is offering and etc. People are enticed by a good title, they like revenue, traffic, not a lot of hassle, bonuses, etc. No reserve (and stating that in your title) may get a few more views, but as stated that can be a little risky and all depends on how much risk you want to take. Good luck!!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6937466].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    I would promote the listing like anything else for sale online. Get traffic from flippa, drive traffic using free methods, and use cheap paid advertising.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6937578].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cx2
    Just thought I would like to share my recent experience with flippa and explain in my opinion why it is such a crap website. I developed a website and put it up for sale on flippa.com I was getting lots of bids. Over 60 bids. The auction ended and the winning bidder never paid for the site. So I emailed flippa support team and they allowed me to relist the website. Fair enough.
    So I relisted the website for sale and started getting a lot of bids again. For the second time, the listing ended with a winning bid.
    As I was awaiting for the winner of the auction to pay (he never did pay by the way), I noticed some punk from India completely copied my website, cloned it and put it on another domain name and put it up for sale on flippa.

    Naturally I was very pissed off so I sent a mean message to this thief. Obviously it was just a message in the moment, and I am sure anyone in my shoes would of done the same when they see all there hard work blatantly stolen.

    So while waiting for a payment from the second auction sale of which the buyer actually never did pay, I got banned! Can you believe that?

    What flippa.com should of done was look at the thiefs posting which I reported, and ban him instantly, yet I got banned for my bad message. I do agree I should of not sent that message, but under the circumstances it was justified. I put a lot of work into developing such a website and to only find that it got copied and stolen and flippa doesnt give a damn it is up for sale on their website.

    So some grunt gets to sell my website on flippa, then I get banned. I am out $200 in listing fees and 2 weeks wasted time.

    All flippa cares about is the almighty dollar. For this reason, they will eventually fall. They can still succeed while providing good customer service.

    Screw you flippa.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7323669].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OLechat
      Hi cx2. I noticed your postings at a few different places on the web, but since I'm active on Warrior Forum, I wanted to chime in here.

      There's obviously much more to specific cases than can be made public in a forum post. We take security and civility on our marketplace very seriously, and threatening/insulting emails are a quick way to have an account suspended.

      We're open to working with users to resolve this kind of issue. If you'd like to message me directly over private messages, I can look into the problem and resolve this with you privately.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7325005].message }}

Trending Topics