Weird thing i've noticed the gurus starting to do

19 replies
Years ago when someone created a product, they just set up a one page website with a salesletter on it like T Dub did here: magicofmakingup.com

But i noticed on his new product girl gets ring, he set up a mini article website here girlgetsring.com . Even on the salespage there, there are links at the top of the page where viewers and potential customers can leak off to.

I noticed michael fiore of texttheromanceback.com also has one of these blog type saleswebsites but then doesn't use one for his other product textyourexback.com.

Why have these top gurus changed from having a single page website where visitors could just view the salesletter or video and not leak off anywhere to having this odd set up?

Is there some reason for it?

Is it the result of the panda updates and they want to make their websites more legit rather than being just a salesletter/video and nothing else?
#gurus #noticed #starting #thing #weurd
  • Profile picture of the author JabMonkey
    If they are doing that, you can bet they would prefer visitors coming to the page to visit the other sites. In other words, the "leaks" are purposeful.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6940218].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WebPen
    He could just be split-testing.

    But I can definitely understand why he's doing that. Anytime my wife sees a "typical" salespage for just about anything- she's like "wow, that looks like a scam."

    Meanwhile, GirlGetsRing looks more like a legit site that is trying to provide good information to the visitor- not just sell something.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6940231].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jsjohn96
      Originally Posted by Justin Stowe View Post

      He could just be split-testing.

      But I can definitely understand why he's doing that. Anytime my wife sees a "typical" salespage for just about anything- she's like "wow, that looks like a scam."

      Meanwhile, GirlGetsRing looks more like a legit site that is trying to provide good information to the visitor- not just sell something.
      I think you are right. And if many people are doing this then it might be working. Bulls eye on "wow, that looks like a scam". Things are changing and you need to evolve to keep up with it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6941309].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bill Hugall
    Ranking. Auth sites with good content can make more money and drive free Google traffic to your sales page.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6940232].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    These type of sites are more PPC friendly I would imagine. A lot of networks won't allow you to just send traffic over to a long form salesletter anymore.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6940324].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Linkology
    It's much better from an SEO standpoint.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6940347].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
    Has there been recent testing of one page letters? I know a lot of people that just hit the back button when they see one
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6940405].message }}
  • I agree with Will, one of the reason maybe for PPC.. also maybe a way to maximize the value of visitors by leaking them to another site where they will feel a lot safer so that they could have a great chance to turn them into buyers later when they are conditioned.

    ~Al
    Signature
    >>>>> [FREE!!] -Sales Page Design for your WSO or Product - PM me to know more <<<<<
    >>>>> Increase conversions on your offers with my stunning graphics design. [Starts with $67] <<<<<
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6940445].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Marcus Rockey
    A lot of paid advertising doesn't allow traffic being sent to a squeeze page.

    The other reason is value. The page gives more to the reader and although it does distract from the primary objective (email opt in) it increased prospect return value. If you have enough faith in your product (and believe that the prospect would be insane not to work with you) then drip off's are ok.

    Marcus Rockey
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6941287].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bruce NewMedia
    The standard 'sales page look' is losing appeal.

    I have clients who were very successful with it 4 years ago, and are seeing a weakening of results now. Travis ( girlgetsring) is a big tester from what I understand. He also seems to enter markets he's thoroughly studied. So, he probably has current evidence that using this 'different' look is better. Following what Travis is doing and studying him is an education in itself. Remember he built his early list and reputation with "Bum Marketing".
    _____
    Bruce
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6941402].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bigballin6161
    I think they do it for PPC purposes. The big G dont allow adwords to sales pages!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6941933].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bigballin6161
    I just looked at that page and it looks like a sales page straight up. Would that pass for Adwords PPC?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6941944].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LondonPaladin
    Originally Posted by Zac The Man View Post

    Years ago when someone created a product, they just set up a one page website with a salesletter on it like T Dub did here: magicofmakingup.com

    But i noticed on his new product girl gets ring, he set up a mini article website here girlgetsring.com . Even on the salespage there, there are links at the top of the page where viewers and potential customers can leak off to.

    I noticed michael fiore of texttheromanceback.com also has one of these blog type saleswebsites but then doesn't use one for his other product textyourexback.com.

    Why have these top gurus changed from having a single page website where visitors could just view the salesletter or video and not leak off anywhere to having this odd set up?

    Is there some reason for it?

    Is it the result of the panda updates and they want to make their websites more legit rather than being just a salesletter/video and nothing else?
    Hey bro. I'm T Dubs partner on Girl Gets Ring. The reason we switched to the new style is to increase how long people stay on the site and to increase our Google rating. You can't send paid traffic to a sqeeze/sales page anymore.

    We use the site format to warm up cold traffic. If you go through the affiliate link, it sends you straight to the sales page. The larger site design is also CRUCIAL for SEO purposes. If you don't have any content, you can't rank. So we are able to draw in visitors organically through the articles and then funnel them into the sales video.

    You were also asking about Chris' different texting offers. He IS split testing like a maniac on those. You also have to notice if a product is targeting men or women. Different types of customers respond in different ways. Text the Romance back is purely for women but text your ex back is for both men and women.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6941992].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bigballin6161
      Originally Posted by LondonPaladin View Post

      Hey bro. I'm T Dubs partner on Girl Gets Ring. The reason we switched to the new style is to increase how long people stay on the site and to increase our Google rating. You can't send paid traffic to a sqeeze/sales page anymore.

      We use the site format to warm up cold traffic. If you go through the affiliate link, it sends you straight to the sales page. The larger site design is also CRUCIAL for SEO purposes. If you don't have any content, you can't rank. So we are able to draw in visitors organically through the articles and then funnel them into the sales video.

      You were also asking about Chris' different texting offers. He IS split testing like a maniac on those. You also have to notice if a product is targeting men or women. Different types of customers respond in different ways. Text the Romance back is purely for women but text your ex back is for both men and women.
      Nice site and this is kinda off topic but besides the header was there any custom work done with Optimize Press? For both the sales page and blog?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6942091].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zac The Man
      Originally Posted by LondonPaladin View Post

      Hey bro. I'm T Dubs partner on Girl Gets Ring. The reason we switched to the new style is to increase how long people stay on the site and to increase our Google rating. You can't send paid traffic to a sqeeze/sales page anymore.
      But i see you have an exit pop up on the salespage. Aren't pop ups of any kind kinda against google adwords rules?

      Originally Posted by LondonPaladin View Post

      We use the site format to warm up cold traffic.
      Good point. So what do you think, should this be the way we all do salespages in the future or does the old way (ie of just having a one page salesletter/video) work better now that you've tested it? Both for affiliates and for the vendor.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6943572].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LondonPaladin
    Custom graphics work. I'm not sure if we did custom php stuff. T Dub handled that part. I can ask our programmer.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6942122].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    I dont know. But i still think you should stick to the basics. You can make alot of money this way too... no wonders or mysteries about it too.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6943928].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KyleG1461
    Personally, as a consumer, when I go to a site and see an endless wall of text telling me why I should buy product X, I either get bored and close the window or my ''why are they trying so hard?'' alert starts beeping.

    I'd much rather read a brief description of why I should buy product X and then have seperate page to buy it, a seperate page to read reviews and testimonials, a seperate page to watch videos about it, a seperate page to get in touch with the seller, etc etc etc.

    It just feels more user friendly than having to scroll through a single page with a massive vertical scrollbar of doom, skimming through to find the content I want.

    Just my opinion of course, other people with far more experience than myself may be able to give plenty of reasons why I'm wrong.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7044179].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mr. Ken Russell
    Sales pages look the way they do and sound like the way they do because they have been tested and proven to get the best results. They don't look a certain way because it looks pretty. There's a lot of factors to consider.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7044190].message }}

Trending Topics