Is it okay to make CRAPPY content if you make a million dollar?

50 replies
Hi fellow warriors, GI, battler, champion, combatant, conscript, enlisted person, fighter, fighting person, hero, serviceperson, soldier, trooper (all synonyms taken from thesaurus)

I've been around for a while now, making a steady stream of income every month from my IM adventures.

Like 15 minutes ago (yes I probably should have spent more time on this post, but I'm curious) this idea
smashed into my head, and I want to know what you think about it.

Listen up........

Like most people around here, I occasionally buy a WSO, just to get a sniff of the latest stuff.
While most of the WSO's I buy are pretty much rehashed content (which is okay if it's
personalized and tweaked, and is awesome ofc) I have come across really shitty stuff over the years!

I'm talking products with shitty costumer service, shitty content, but with a $100k sales letter.
A sales letter that would trick my finger into clicking the buy button (which I got to admit happens
every now and then)

Then a few days, weeks or months later I learn that the product owner earned 7 figure in the first
few weeks, with a product that never should have seen the light of day... it could have been a
PLR for all I care (some PLR's are actually decent)

Is it okay because he has a HUGE list?

Is it okay because he's affiliates worship him?

Is it okay because he climbed "Internet Marketing Success Ladder"?

More Scenarios

Is it okay to make a 1000k a day from spamming youtube with 10 sec videos telling you to click the link
in the description?

Is it okay to sell a product you personally made only a few cents with, and say you made thousands just to
become a millionaire?

Is it okay to make a Membership site/ Facebook Group charging a 100$ without making 100% sure that your students are making money?


I'm sure you got more scenarios, but I'm curious on what you are thinking.

Are you making money on methods providing Minimal Value?

Do you think it's wrong?


Write your thoughts below!
#content #crappy #dollar #make #million
  • Profile picture of the author WraithSarko
    YES

    Caveat Emptor
    Signature
    SuperExpensiveNUKE...SubmitterEnvyNUKE...SENukeXCRaptastic
    I've spent the last 59 months building 412 MFA sites. Each site averages 8 cents per day...I said average, some make up to 17 cents per day, PASSIVE INCOME! This income allows me to live comfortably and buy ANY flavor Jolly Rancher or Skittles I desire. Don't give in to fear, it CAN be done!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6952762].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kotschie
      Hell yeah, because unlike most rich people i'd give alot of that money to charity
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6952776].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DubDubDubDot
      It is incredibly rare for a bad product of any kind to make the seller wealthy.

      Originally Posted by dahlgren_m View Post

      Then a few days, weeks or months later I learn that the product owner earned 7 figure in the first few weeks
      You got marketed to.

      Originally Posted by WraithSarko View Post

      YES

      Caveat Emptor
      With that mindset you'll never see sustained success in anything you do in life. Just last month a handyman was going to fix a leaky roof in my sun room. He talked a big game, but the roof leaked again when it rained. I called him to come back out and finish the job he was paid for, but he didn't return my calls. Caveat emptor I guess. What these kind of idiots don't realize is that when you run off with someone's money, you are flushing a long term client relationship down the toilet. They aren't getting any referrals either. That doesn't apply to just home repair either. It's true with everything.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6954248].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author elperuanito
        Originally Posted by DubDubDubDot View Post

        With that mindset you'll never see sustained success in anything you do in life.
        Agreed. Though to be fair maybe he was just joking as it was just a big YES reply. Benefit of the doubt but will keep it in mind if I ever see a WSO from the poster...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6954271].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author WraithSarko
        Originally Posted by DubDubDubDot View Post

        It is incredibly rare for a bad product of any kind to make the seller wealthy.


        You got marketed to.


        With that mindset you'll never see sustained success in anything you do in life. Just last month a handyman was going to fix a leaky roof in my sun room. He talked a big game, but the roof leaked again when it rained. I called him to come back out and finish the job he was paid for, but he didn't return my calls. Caveat emptor I guess. What these kind of idiots don't realize is that when you run off with someone's money, you are flushing a long term client relationship down the toilet. They aren't getting any referrals either. That doesn't apply to just home repair either. It's true with everything.
        I've already seen sustained success several times with my attitude. in fact it isnt attitude it's actions that count.

        Where I can provide quality, i do! But I'm not leaving money on the table just because I'm not the best writer or web designer or researcher or whatever else.

        You buy fast food? If so you are buying a sh*tty product but everyone is happy in the end
        Signature
        SuperExpensiveNUKE...SubmitterEnvyNUKE...SENukeXCRaptastic
        I've spent the last 59 months building 412 MFA sites. Each site averages 8 cents per day...I said average, some make up to 17 cents per day, PASSIVE INCOME! This income allows me to live comfortably and buy ANY flavor Jolly Rancher or Skittles I desire. Don't give in to fear, it CAN be done!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6954678].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
    Banned
    This is what we want to talk about?

    Turns back to the NFL
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6952779].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Cool Hand Luke
      Originally Posted by Joseph Robinson View Post

      This is what we want to talk about?

      Turns back to the NFL
      This. My Pats just won me some big bucks, and the 49ers/Packers game is getting good. So great to have football back!


      .and no, making money off SPAM or junk is not the way to go. When you don't add value to anyone's life (or you take some away), you haven't really earned any of the money you make.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6952822].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Horny Devil
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Joseph Robinson View Post

      This is what we want to talk about?

      Turns back to the NFL
      Goddam. When did the NFL start. We're miles behind in the quaint old UK.

      Are they just pre-season games Joe?

      ps- my NFL spread tips are legendary in my city. 90% success rate
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6952840].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post

        This. My Pats just won me some big bucks, and the 49ers/Packers game is getting good. So great to have football back!


        .and no, making money off SPAM or junk is not the way to go. When you don't add value to anyone's life (or you take some away), you haven't really earned any of the money you make.
        High Fives fellow Pats Fan. Did you s*** your pants too when Brady took that sack?

        Originally Posted by Horny Devil View Post

        Goddam. When did the NFL start. We're miles behind in the quaint old UK.

        Are they just pre-season games Joe?

        ps- my NFL spread tips are legendary in my city. 90% success rate
        It's week one Devil! First game was Wednesday, and this is the first full Sunday.

        Ahem, I guess we should move this over to the 2012 NFL Thread, even if the thread premise is, well...dumb.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6952875].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Cool Hand Luke
          Originally Posted by Joseph Robinson View Post

          High Fives fellow Pats Fan. Did you s*** your pants too when Brady took that sack?
          It was definitely a moment... still, great game. Ridley was fantastic, I haven't seen the Pats' running game look that great in a long time.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6952886].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author dahlgren_m
          Originally Posted by Joseph Robinson View Post

          High Fives fellow Pats Fan. Did you s*** your pants too when Brady took that sack?



          It's week one Devil! First game was Wednesday, and this is the first full Sunday.

          Ahem, I guess we should move this over to the 2012 NFL Thread, even if the thread premise is, well...dumb.
          NFL is Pretty crappy content......... joke....

          I live in Norway, and I generally don't get to see a lot of NFL, but
          i remember the Superbowl XXXIX, Patriots vs Eagles i think.

          I watched the whole game in the middle of the night, was actually
          pretty awesome.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6952914].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
            Banned
            Originally Posted by dahlgren_m View Post

            NFL is Pretty crappy content......... joke....
            I sure hope you were joking. Their "content" is a $10+ billion per year cash cow. That's just the league's revenue. Imagine all of the outlier industries that benefit from the games that come on every Sunday.

            There's a reason that people were so pissed about the lockout last season.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6953419].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Morten V
      This is a moral thing and it's up to each person to decide. But I believe everyone would like to get the money though.

      Originally Posted by Joseph Robinson View Post

      This is what we want to talk about?

      Turns back to the NFL
      I'm sure you can afford a laptop. That would save you the turn next time
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6958607].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joel Young
    It's never okay to offer crappy anything, nor to be dishonest or deceitful or in any other way untrue.

    It's never okay, but people do it, and that will never change.
    Signature
    Resources, Tools and Strategies for Your Online Presence
    Website Design & Development - Document Management - Marketing Strategies - Personal Development
    CBI Web Services
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6952798].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Martin Lee Jr
    NO - It is never ok to lie, cheat, spam YouTube make crappy WSO's or whatever the case.

    Now if you are making a WSO, and genuinely believe you have something to offer the market - that is fine.

    But if you are intentionally spamming the market for a big payday, than you are wrong, and should be ordered to stop selling products online
    Signature
    How Can I help...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6952823].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pepelino
    Originally Posted by dahlgren_m View Post

    Hi fellow warriors, GI, battler, champion, combatant, conscript, enlisted person, fighter, fighting person, hero, serviceperson, soldier, trooper (all synonyms taken from thesaurus)

    I've been around for a while now, making a steady stream of income every month from my IM adventures.

    Like 15 minutes ago (yes I probably should have spent more time on this post, but I'm curious) this idea
    smashed into my head, and I want to know what you think about it.

    Listen up........

    Like most people around here, I occasionally buy a WSO, just to get a sniff of the latest stuff.
    While most of the WSO's I buy are pretty much rehashed content (which is okay if it's
    personalized and tweaked, and is awesome ofc) I have come across really shitty stuff over the years!

    I'm talking products with shitty costumer service, shitty content, but with a $100k sales letter.
    A sales letter that would trick my finger into clicking the buy button (which I got to admit happens
    every now and then)

    Then a few days, weeks or months later I learn that the product owner earned 7 figure in the first
    few weeks, with a product that never should have seen the light of day... it could have been a
    PLR for all I care (some PLR's are actually decent)

    Is it okay because he has a HUGE list?

    Is it okay because he's affiliates worship him?

    Is it okay because he climbed "Internet Marketing Success Ladder"?

    More Scenarios

    Is it okay to make a 1000k a day from spamming youtube with 10 sec videos telling you to click the link
    in the description?

    Is it okay to sell a product you personally made only a few cents with, and say you made thousands just to
    become a millionaire?

    Is it okay to make a Membership site/ Facebook Group charging a 100$ without making 100% sure that your students are making money?


    I'm sure you got more scenarios, but I'm curious on what you are thinking.

    Are you making money on methods providing Minimal Value?

    Do you think it's wrong?


    Write your thoughts below!
    Everything boils down to your moral values. Moral values are very subjective and relative. YES, i will create shitty websites or spam youtube or google if that would make me $100K in a month. Why should i care if it brings value to the net or not? The only thing i wouldn't do is hurt anyone physically, mentally or emotionally. This is the only reason why i would NOT create an ebook about making $1million in a year with no hard work cos it could damage another man's confidence or hurt another man's pocket. And that, my friends is the only thing i wouldn't do.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6953398].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tpw
    You are confused.

    Crappy content never results in millions in profits...

    But, if you have ever seen a Jim Carrey movie, then you know about a movie that deserved to lose millions of dollars...
    Signature
    Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
    Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6953442].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Corey Geer
      Originally Posted by tpw View Post

      You are confused.

      Crappy content never results in millions in profits...

      But, if you have ever seen a Jim Carrey movie, then you know about a movie that deserved to lose millions of dollars...
      Hey now.. I grew up watching Ace Ventura. Granted, I probably had no idea what I was watching an he's a little over the top in some of his acting roles but I liked all his movies.

      The only movie I think he should apologize to America for is The Cable Guy.
      Signature

      Skype: Coreygeer319

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6953815].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Socialbakers
      Originally Posted by tpw View Post

      You are confused.

      Crappy content never results in millions in profits...

      But, if you have ever seen a Jim Carrey movie, then you know about a movie that deserved to lose millions of dollars...
      I disagree with you. Have you seen the movie "Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind"?

      If not, I don't think that you should write such a thing. If yes, I don't then understand, who will you consider a good actor...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6955456].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Corey Geer
    I'm pretty sure you just described most Gurus. How do you think the most successful internet marketers are making their money? Do you really think it's buy doing the methods they sell you? XD
    Signature

    Skype: Coreygeer319

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6953449].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cee
    Originally Posted by dahlgren_m View Post


    I'm talking products with shitty costumer service, shitty content, but with a $100k sales letter. A sales letter that would trick my finger into clicking the buy button (which I got to admit happensevery now and then)

    Then a few days, weeks or months later I learn that the product owner earned 7 figure in the first few weeks, with a product that never should have seen the light of day... it could have been a PLR for all I care (some PLR's are actually decent)
    That may be true, but how many of those 7 figures did the creator of the crappy product have to give back in refunds? I've heard that even the big guru launches (who presumably are selling at least halfway decent products) can have a 70% return rate.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6953492].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author elperuanito
    I don't think it's ethical to do that. I think the aim should be to add value to the net while making money. If that means I have to forego a 'million dollars' and instead opt for a modest income online then I will do that (not that I've figured out how to make a million!). I don't want to sell junk to people. I don't want to be affiliated with crap products that have a good 'sell' but offer no value to the end user. I don't think it's morally right to do that as you're basically taking money and time from innocent people that don't know any better. It's basically akin to theft.

    Luckily most products have a money back guarantee. It's ridiculous how many WSOs are absolute rubbish. Some of them are very good though and definitely worth the money. I don't mind if the content is repetition of what has come before - it's mostly about how it organises and presents the information in a way that you can digest and take action. There's so much information out there that a decent WSO just summarising SEO methods that work, for instance, can be very useful (I've bought and reviewed a couple).

    In the end, a good product will always make you more money than something that is awful assuming all else is equal (e.g. you can market both kind equally well). So it's always best to do that. Unfortunately I think that many people looking to make money online simply don't have the skills to make or find a good product to sell (and never will), don't care what they sell (ethical considerations), or sell something with good intentions but just don't have the experience to put a good product out there (start selling too soon). That's my current stance anyway, am just starting out...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6953708].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ArcherWylde
    There are so many self-proclaimed gurus out there who only make money by selling "how to make money" to people who want to make money online...I realize that was a bit long and redundant but it's absolutely true.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6953789].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author George Wright
      Originally Posted by ArcherWylde View Post

      There are so many self-proclaimed gurus out there who only make money by selling "how to make money" to people who want to make money online...I realize that was a bit long and redundant but it's absolutely true.
      I've been around IM since the middle of the last century and I don't really recall any "self proclaimed" gurus. I'm sure there might be one or two, I can't think of any.

      George Wright
      Signature
      "The first chapter sells the book; the last chapter sells the next book." Mickey Spillane
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6953998].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Cool Hand Luke
        Originally Posted by George Wright View Post

        I've been around IM since the middle of the last century and I don't really recall any "self proclaimed" gurus. I'm sure there might be one or two, I can't think of any.

        George Wright
        You've been in IM since 1950?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6954287].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author elperuanito
    Yeah I agree with that. However, the 'make money online' niche is so HUGE that you can understand why someone who has found a way of making a decent income (say $2000 per month or less even) will be tempted to try and sell that method to others. If it works, then fine as everyone wins. Sometimes it's difficult to scale a project that makes that much and so it's easier to sell the method instead. What annoys me is when I see threads from newbies trying to get into the niche from the very start.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6953808].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Ten
    I think that "crappy" is subjective more or less.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6953917].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    You should never put out crappy content. Million dollars or not.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6954028].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aira Bongco
    It's not okay to trick people into buying. Even if you make 1 million dollars overnight, all of the people you have tricked will never look back at your products again. It is better to provide something of value and people buy your products because they want to thank you. Sure, some people may get away with putting up crappy products. But it can only go so far. They may want to think twice if they want to really build a stable business online.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6954393].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robert M Gouge
    Originally Posted by dahlgren_m View Post

    I'm talking products with shitty costumer service, shitty content, but with a $100k sales letter.
    A sales letter that would trick my finger into clicking the buy button (which I got to admit happens
    every now and then)

    Then a few days, weeks or months later I learn that the product owner earned 7 figure in the first
    few weeks, with a product that never should have seen the light of day... it could have been a
    PLR for all I care (some PLR's are actually decent)

    I'm not sure what people are getting so upset for.

    I don't agree with doing this, but wasn't this the exact IM product launch model that everyone was huge on over the last 5 years? Cause that's exactly what it sounds like.

    There's a reason the FTC has come crashing down on biz ops over the last 12 months.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6954416].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Black Hat Cat
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Robert M Gouge View Post

      I'm not sure what people are getting so upset for.

      I don't agree with doing this, but wasn't this the exact IM product launch model that everyone was huge on over the last 5 years? Cause that's exactly what it sounds like.

      There's a reason the FTC has come crashing down on biz ops over the last 12 months.
      Where can I find the course that teaches folks to create a crappy product for this IM product launch model you speak of?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6954674].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DotComBum
    Sure it's wrong to provide crappy content/information! You must over-delivery on what you've promised and you will make bigger profits in the long run, that's a golden rule of Internet Marketing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6954435].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ewebmaster
    No,It is not a good idea to give crappy content.
    We should be honest towards our work
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6954504].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
    No. .......................
    Signature

    BS free SEO services, training and advice - SEO Point

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6954845].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve Wells
    Originally Posted by dahlgren_m View Post

    Hi fellow warriors, GI, battler, champion, combatant, conscript, enlisted person, fighter, fighting person, hero, serviceperson, soldier, trooper (all synonyms taken from thesaurus)

    I've been around for a while now, making a steady stream of income every month from my IM adventures.

    Like 15 minutes ago (yes I probably should have spent more time on this post, but I'm curious) this idea
    smashed into my head, and I want to know what you think about it.

    Listen up........

    Like most people around here, I occasionally buy a WSO, just to get a sniff of the latest stuff.
    While most of the WSO's I buy are pretty much rehashed content (which is okay if it's
    personalized and tweaked, and is awesome ofc) I have come across really shitty stuff over the years!

    I'm talking products with shitty costumer service, shitty content, but with a $100k sales letter.
    A sales letter that would trick my finger into clicking the buy button (which I got to admit happens
    every now and then)

    Then a few days, weeks or months later I learn that the product owner earned 7 figure in the first
    few weeks, with a product that never should have seen the light of day... it could have been a
    PLR for all I care (some PLR's are actually decent)

    Is it okay because he has a HUGE list?

    Is it okay because he's affiliates worship him?

    Is it okay because he climbed "Internet Marketing Success Ladder"?

    More Scenarios

    Is it okay to make a 1000k a day from spamming youtube with 10 sec videos telling you to click the link
    in the description?

    Is it okay to sell a product you personally made only a few cents with, and say you made thousands just to
    become a millionaire?

    Is it okay to make a Membership site/ Facebook Group charging a 100$ without making 100% sure that your students are making money?


    I'm sure you got more scenarios, but I'm curious on what you are thinking.

    Are you making money on methods providing Minimal Value?

    Do you think it's wrong?


    Write your thoughts below!
    Wonder what their crappy product return rate was........

    More than likely their idea was that they have a HUGE list, and if they make TONS of sales off of it, with a return rate of 50%, they still made TONS of money.

    Basically they just turn it into a numbers game. If they are greedy, and don't really care, and know they can keep 50% of LOTS of sales, then it's a profitable business plan for them monitarily for a short while until their list just dies. And the rep gets burned. But in the online world, they just morph into the personage, that they probably have been developing as a back up plan.

    Heck, they probably have several back up alias plans.

    I would not doubt that what I have said goes on........

    Of course I have no names, it's just a hypothetical, but one that would work, and probably is working and at work with someone right now...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6954847].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    Yeah ... some marketers lie.

    Next question?

    Are you going to make money or worry about what other people are doing?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6955399].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PaulLester
    If you think long term,you would never like to tarnish your reputation by creating crappy products.

    In internet marketing,most of the money is made in backend promotions and follow ups and if your buyers don't trust you or aren't satisfied with your products,they'll never purchase through your recommendations.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6955477].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author moneymakerway
    No, it's definitely not OK!
    The business is not a product! It's is providing value and helping others!
    It's not a good karma (if you believe in it of course).

    "You can get everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people to get what they want." Zig Ziglar
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6958185].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      Going to answer this on 3 levels because there is no one answer to the question
      since the word "okay" is quite subjective.

      For example, is it okay to sell intoxicating substances such as alcohol even
      though we know that many people will drink, drive drunk, and ultimately kill
      others and maybe even themselves?

      Okay? You're talking a very subjective term and I don't impose my values on
      anybody.

      So, let's get to those 3 levels.

      Level 1 - Legal. As long as what you're selling is not breaking any laws and
      you're not making any claims in your sales letter that are outright lies (such
      as you will make $1 million your first year guaranteed), then yes, it's okay.
      How solid a business you'll actually build for the long term is open for debate,
      but whatever. If you're not breaking any laws, all is good.

      Level 2 - Ethical. Ethics are a fine line. One person's "acceptable"
      ethics are another person's "you should burn in hell for doing this" ethics. I
      don't judge. But as a consumer, if I buy something from you that turns out to
      be utter trash, don't expect any repeat business. On the selling end, you need
      to look at the ethics of it. Only you can be your own conscience.

      Level 3 - Personal. I am now answering for myself personally. No, it
      is NOT okay. I try my very best to make everything I sell worth something
      to the person who buys it. It's the only way I've been able to stay in
      business for 9, going on 10 years and survive. I have turned down selling
      many affiliate products because I thought they were crap. I have also
      refrained from making certain products and services because I knew deep
      down inside that they weren't worth diddly.

      Finally, I firmly believe that eventually, what you do WILL catch up to you.
      There is only so long that you can make products with no value and keep
      a business. Eventually, the word will get around and you'll be eating scraps
      off the table.

      Anyway, that's my 2 cents on the subject. Take them for what they're
      worth to you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6958297].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author matchoo77
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...and so is crap to an extent I guess?

    Most of the WSO's I bought lately have actually met my expectations, not all were *stellar* but I think the "this stuff is just rehashed blah blah blah" is overdone.

    Long live the good WSO's, hopefully the bad ones stay as a small overall portion of the pie.
    Signature

    Join Microcapmillionaires Affiliate Program (new tools!):http://members.microcapmillionaires....273-affiliates

    Attention Stock Investing/Trading, Forex & Binary Options Marketers: PM me or send email to microcapmillionaires [at] gmail if you'd like to join my new Mastermind Group, where you can rub elbows with million dollar marketers and grow your business quickly!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6958334].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kencalhn
    Personally, I only sell and am associated with top quality content I'd be happy to sell to friends and family. Like Steven said, things catch up to you; good and bad -- and since my reputation is more important to me than anything, I refuse to be associated with bad product launches in my industry, even though I'm sure I lose out on short term revenue by declining to participate.

    My long term business success and reputation over 10-20 years is more important to me than anything. So I only produce, and am associated with, best-in-class authentic resources that work well for my customers.

    -k
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6958338].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Knowlij
    What are you asking here Warrior?

    It sounds like you are saying: "Is it OK to tell people you have made a million if you haven't, you are lying through your teeth, however you need them to believe you and buy your products"

    I get it. I've been in this game for a long time, and there is a lot of people who do just this. There number one money making tactic is rehashing content and then making up a big long tale about it so that you buy it.

    Is this OK? - No. It is unethical and makes you a dishonest so and so.

    However, the greatest gift we have been given is freedom, and you are free to use yours however you want - but I promote that you be the change in the game, you be the person you want to see selling products: make yours honest, nicely presented, clearly explained - and you will excel.

    Although all of these con artists are giving honest info warriors and bad name - so long as you focus your efforts on being the one who IS honest, you will succeed. Con artists soon get exposed for being con artists, they don't often gain repeat custom, not without changing their details all the time.

    So my advice, my comments:

    Do NOT copy what those other guys are doing just to earn a quick buck.

    DO be the change you want to see in the game. Create great quality products, clean and simple, easy to read and understand within some beautiful presentation.

    When you establish a reputation for delivering high quality products (which can only truly be achieved by making and selling high quality products), people will be more than willing to come to and listen to you over the next big chappy who appeared out of nowhere with claims of making somebody a millionaire overnight for a tenner.

    Common sense is enough for most people to avoid getting ripped off by the scammers. Sometimes it takes being burnt once for people to learn not to touch the hot oven. But in the end, those scammers are just that: scammers! What's worst is they take advantage of peoples desperation.


    As with the offline world: if you create a high quality, practical products which solves problems or makes life easier for people. A product which people need, where there is a demand for that particular product - you will make sales.

    The main benefit of the online world is the product is information. But the same rules apply - remember you are dealing with real human beings.


    Just my 2 cents, I hope my answer was helpful,

    Peace,

    Knowlij
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6958409].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Green Moon
    Originally Posted by dahlgren_m View Post

    Do you think it's wrong?
    Yes, it is wrong. Some of the previous posts say it is relative, but making untrue claims to sell a product is wrong. In fact, it is fraud. It's not just wrong, it's illegal.

    If you say you made thousands of dollars using your "proven" system and you didn't, that is fraud, pure and simple.

    If you exaggerate the potential with no facts to support it, that is fraud. A statement of fact that you simply make up is a LIE.

    If a sales letter is good enough to get someone to click "BUY" and pay $100 for a crappy product, it is probably making some untrue claims.

    That is wrong.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6958415].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pizzatherapy
    As far as I see it, what goes around comes around...

    We can only be true to ourselves.

    At the end of the day, you have to live with your own choices.

    If people are buying, the product obviously filled a need.

    If you did not get what you paid for, it is up to you to make a judgement to ask for a refund or not.

    I think that people who produce and promote junk will in the end fail.

    that's my take on this...

    As Steven Wagenheim said:
    I try my very best to make everything I sell worth something
    to the person who buys it.

    It's the only way I've been able to stay in
    business for 9, going on 10 years and survive. I have turned down selling
    many affiliate products because I thought they were crap.

    I have also refrained from making certain products and services because I knew deep down inside that they weren't worth diddly.
    This is a great model for anyone selling products...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6958485].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dahlgren_m
      Making money online doesn't have to be hard, it requires one to take action and staying consistent.

      I feel sorry for people sucked into the WSO cash cow, bounced between lists to lists, and introduced
      to new means of making money every day. Introduced to new means of making money every week,
      from the same guy that you bought that FanPage course you suddenly see a SEO Course, and then a
      fiverr course, and then a product creation course, and then a flipping course etc...

      "hey, you just told me I could be making $1382.44 a week with facebook, and now you say I could be
      making $1381.44 a week by creating WSO's?"

      Those product might be awesome, but I think that the equivalent of selling one shitty product, because
      your not seeing genuine results with your costumers, since you are always pitching new ideas!

      In my opinion the biggest mistakes are made on a personal level, and that's where the majority of money
      is made.

      I would rather spend days spamming YouTube with videos to an affiliate offer, pick a good product and
      be happy with that.




      Originally Posted by Joseph Robinson View Post

      I sure hope you were joking. Their "content" is a $10+ billion per year cash cow. That's just the league's revenue. Imagine all of the outlier industries that benefit from the games that come on every Sunday.

      There's a reason that people were so pissed about the lockout last season.
      Yes, I was joking

      Originally Posted by tpw View Post

      You are confused.

      Crappy content never results in millions in profits...

      But, if you have ever seen a Jim Carrey movie, then you know about a movie that deserved to lose millions of dollars...
      Hehe, have you seen Adam Sandler lately?

      Originally Posted by GhostWriting View Post

      I'm pretty sure you just described most Gurus. How do you think the most successful internet marketers are making their money? Do you really think it's buy doing the methods they sell you? XD
      I know that people don't, but I always hope they do.

      However, as mentioned in this thread, people who fake it, don't really make it.


      Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

      Yeah ... some marketers lie.

      Next question?

      Are you going to make money or worry about what other people are doing?
      Make money, by being transparent, helpful and honest.

      Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

      Going to answer this on 3 levels because there is no one answer to the question
      since the word "okay" is quite subjective.

      For example, is it okay to sell intoxicating substances such as alcohol even
      though we know that many people will drink, drive drunk, and ultimately kill
      others and maybe even themselves?

      Okay? You're talking a very subjective term and I don't impose my values on
      anybody.

      So, let's get to those 3 levels.

      Level 1 - Legal. As long as what you're selling is not breaking any laws and
      you're not making any claims in your sales letter that are outright lies (such
      as you will make $1 million your first year guaranteed), then yes, it's okay.
      How solid a business you'll actually build for the long term is open for debate,
      but whatever. If you're not breaking any laws, all is good.

      Level 2 - Ethical. Ethics are a fine line. One person's "acceptable"
      ethics are another person's "you should burn in hell for doing this" ethics. I
      don't judge. But as a consumer, if I buy something from you that turns out to
      be utter trash, don't expect any repeat business. On the selling end, you need
      to look at the ethics of it. Only you can be your own conscience.

      Level 3 - Personal. I am now answering for myself personally. No, it
      is NOT okay. I try my very best to make everything I sell worth something
      to the person who buys it. It's the only way I've been able to stay in
      business for 9, going on 10 years and survive. I have turned down selling
      many affiliate products because I thought they were crap. I have also
      refrained from making certain products and services because I knew deep
      down inside that they weren't worth diddly.

      Finally, I firmly believe that eventually, what you do WILL catch up to you.
      There is only so long that you can make products with no value and keep
      a business. Eventually, the word will get around and you'll be eating scraps
      off the table.

      Anyway, that's my 2 cents on the subject. Take them for what they're
      worth to you.
      As I mentioned above, I think the most important level is on the Personal! I agree with you on this.

      What I would like to see is product creators asking themselves this:

      Are my current costumers making money with the last product I sold them?

      If not, i would damn well make sure they do.

      Originally Posted by WraithSarko View Post

      I've already seen sustained success several times with my attitude. in fact it isnt attitude it's actions that count.

      Where I can provide quality, i do! But I'm not leaving money on the table just because I'm not the best writer or web designer or researcher or whatever else.

      You buy fast food? If so you are buying a sh*tty product but everyone is happy in the end
      The difference is that you know you are buying a shitty product At least to some extent.

      Your happy for ten minutes, but then your blood sugar drops and you become instantly depressed!

      Until next time

      Originally Posted by Knowlij View Post

      What are you asking here Warrior?

      It sounds like you are saying: "Is it OK to tell people you have made a million if you haven't, you are lying through your teeth, however you need them to believe you and buy your products"

      I get it. I've been in this game for a long time, and there is a lot of people who do just this. There number one money making tactic is rehashing content and then making up a big long tale about it so that you buy it.

      Is this OK? - No. It is unethical and makes you a dishonest so and so.

      However, the greatest gift we have been given is freedom, and you are free to use yours however you want - but I promote that you be the change in the game, you be the person you want to see selling products: make yours honest, nicely presented, clearly explained - and you will excel.

      Although all of these con artists are giving honest info warriors and bad name - so long as you focus your efforts on being the one who IS honest, you will succeed. Con artists soon get exposed for being con artists, they don't often gain repeat custom, not without changing their details all the time.

      So my advice, my comments:

      Do NOT copy what those other guys are doing just to earn a quick buck.

      DO be the change you want to see in the game. Create great quality products, clean and simple, easy to read and understand within some beautiful presentation.

      When you establish a reputation for delivering high quality products (which can only truly be achieved by making and selling high quality products), people will be more than willing to come to and listen to you over the next big chappy who appeared out of nowhere with claims of making somebody a millionaire overnight for a tenner.

      Common sense is enough for most people to avoid getting ripped off by the scammers. Sometimes it takes being burnt once for people to learn not to touch the hot oven. But in the end, those scammers are just that: scammers! What's worst is they take advantage of peoples desperation.


      As with the offline world: if you create a high quality, practical products which solves problems or makes life easier for people. A product which people need, where there is a demand for that particular product - you will make sales.

      The main benefit of the online world is the product is information. But the same rules apply - remember you are dealing with real human beings.


      Just my 2 cents, I hope my answer was helpful,

      Peace,

      Knowlij
      I have never been ripped off, well, except from that $300 course I bought from that Indian guy, several
      years back

      I totally agree with you and thank you for your comment!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6959290].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fitnessmaster
    No, it's never OK to offer crappy content in exchange for someone else's hard earned money. If your product or service is not providing value to your customers, then you're not accomplishing anything.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6959374].message }}

Trending Topics