starting out on fiverr? How to get orders?

by CDawson Banned
46 replies
I've noticed that putting up gigs are extremely easy but getting orders just seems impossible. Is there something I'm not doing to increase sales?
#fiverr #orders #starting
  • Profile picture of the author Cicak
    Originally Posted by CDawson View Post

    I've noticed that putting up gigs are extremely easy but getting orders just seems impossible. Is there something I'm not doing to increase sales?
    Hey buddy, sorry to hear this. This is a common question for new Fiverr users. You need to target keywords, look for gigs which are successful and do that same gig but perhaps improve it somehow. I started a few weeks back and got no sales for 2 weeks, this past week I've had $72 worth of orders.

    Target keywords, look for successful gigs and improve and sell the gigs yourself.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6963305].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ZachLevi
    Market your gig online and offline. You can use promotional products in marketing offline.
    Signature

    Fun Promotional Products - Promotional calendars
    www.funpromotionalproducts.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6963618].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DirkJon
    I did a bit of article writing a while back and started by offering 4 articles for $5 to get noticed and get myself out there. As the sales started coming in I slowly reduced down to 2 articles for $5 and found myself getting a lot of repeat customers. Its just a case of getting yourself started initially and pretty much giving you stuff away
    Signature

    $2k per month (skype: jozvaldo)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6963779].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SocialMediaOwls
    Put your gig up on the top fiverr clones
    Signature

    I am looking for web traffic gurus

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6963964].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CalinDan
    Put your gig up on all the Fiverr clones, and post some on other freelance sites. And prepare a nice portfolio. Sometimes Fiverr might not be the most profitable, being filled with other gig providers offering the same service.

    But if you really want to rank in Fiverr, do extensive research; see what others are using for keywords. Use attractive titles, and compelling descriptions.

    Also, it's a must to upload a video. For some reason Fiverr really likes that.

    Regards,
    Dan
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6964028].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JabMonkey
    Originally Posted by CDawson View Post

    I've noticed that putting up gigs are extremely easy but getting orders just seems impossible. Is there something I'm not doing to increase sales?
    1. Join the Fiverr group on LinkedIn.
    2. Add related gigs, but not the exact same time of gigs, to your Fiverr collections, which appear in search results.
    3. Create a YouTube video about your gig and post it with a link to your gig in the description.
    4. Do good keyword research and if you cannot show up in the first page search results for those keywords on Fiverr, then choose some less competitive keywords. Make certain your keywords are in the title, description, and keyword field.
    5. Take full advantage of the new 1200 word description allowance and use it up with long tail keywords and related keywords to your main keywords.
    6. Join forums where the interest in your gig would be better than average and post your gig link in your signature.
    7. Choose some cool looking photos that relate to your gig, upload them to Fiverr, and pin them on Pinterest (if possible - I haven't tried that one myself yet).

    Just the usual suggestions for most part, but if you do some of them, it should help. Good luck!

    I've been making $300 a month steady on Fiverr with 18 related gigs for the past 8 months. Nothing life changing, but I only have to copy/paste some links to fill all of the orders, so it's easy money for me.

    Edited to add: Also, when you start getting orders, pay close attention over the next 3-6 months to the questions your buyers and potential buyers ask you. I've gained some valuable marketing information from doing this and I'm in the process of redoing all of my gigs.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6964044].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author edusegzy1
      Originally Posted by JabMonkey View Post

      1. Join the Fiverr group on LinkedIn.
      2. Add related gigs, but not the exact same time of gigs, to your Fiverr collections, which appear in search results.
      3. Create a YouTube video about your gig and post it with a link to your gig in the description.
      4. Do good keyword research and if you cannot show up in the first page search results for those keywords on Fiverr, then choose some less competitive keywords. Make certain your keywords are in the title, description, and keyword field.
      5. Take full advantage of the new 1200 word description allowance and use it up with long tail keywords and related keywords to your main keywords.
      6. Join forums where the interest in your gig would be better than average and post your gig link in your signature.
      7. Choose some cool looking photos that relate to your gig, upload them to Fiverr, and pin them on Pinterest (if possible - I haven't tried that one myself yet).

      Just the usual suggestions for most part, but if you do some of them, it should help. Good luck!

      I've been making $300 a month steady on Fiverr with 18 related gigs for the past 8 months. Nothing life changing, but I only have to copy/paste some links to fill all of the orders, so it's easy money for me.

      Edited to add: Also, when you start getting orders, pay close attention over the next 3-6 months to the questions your buyers and potential buyers ask you. I've gained some valuable marketing information from doing this and I'm in the process of redoing all of my gigs.
      this is really useful.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9714836].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author acesites
    I woudn't bother with the Fiverr clones.. I doubt they get 1% of Fiverr's traffic combined.

    I found that the orders come in naturally.. Try just filling out your gig with lots of pictures and a video. Apparently if you have a video that ups your chance of landing sales.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6964078].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JabMonkey
      Originally Posted by acesites View Post

      I woudn't bother with the Fiverr clones.. I doubt they get 1% of Fiverr's traffic combined.

      I found that the orders come in naturally.. Try just filling out your gig with lots of pictures and a video. Apparently if you have a video that ups your chance of landing sales.
      I agree about the Fiverr clones. I wouldn't waste 5 minutes posting to any of them.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6964163].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SocialMediaOwls
      Originally Posted by acesites View Post

      I woudn't bother with the Fiverr clones.. I doubt they get 1% of Fiverr's traffic combined.

      I found that the orders come in naturally.. Try just filling out your gig with lots of pictures and a video. Apparently if you have a video that ups your chance of landing sales.
      Oh, you own one and know all the stats?

      I have people that make full time incomes on my clone....but it's all good, you know all the inside info.

      WTG on providing info of which you know nothing about
      Signature

      I am looking for web traffic gurus

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6964222].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author CDawson
        Banned
        Originally Posted by SocialMediaOwls View Post

        Oh, you own one and know all the stats?

        I have people that make full time incomes on my clone....but it's all good, you know all the inside info.

        WTG on providing info of which you know nothing about
        That's good to hear because I actually planned on joining some of the clones later today.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6964297].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author GobBluthJD
        Originally Posted by SocialMediaOwls View Post

        Oh, you own one and know all the stats?

        I have people that make full time incomes on my clone....but it's all good, you know all the inside info.

        WTG on providing info of which you know nothing about
        I can verify this. I mean, I'm not making a full time income on his clone, but I have made SOME income on his clone, and I'm hoping to scale it up even more...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6964393].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author SocialMediaOwls
          Originally Posted by GobBluthJD View Post

          I can verify this. I mean, I'm not making a full time income on his clone, but I have made SOME income on his clone, and I'm hoping to scale it up even more...
          Thanks for stepping up....I'm just getting tired of reading ALMOST DAILY posts about fiverr and the clones and nearly 90% of the posts are:

          "Yeah, I don't know much about marketing or fiverr or the clones or really much about anything, but don't waste your times on the clones...

          p.s. duhhh"
          Signature

          I am looking for web traffic gurus

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6964437].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mstidham
        Originally Posted by SocialMediaOwls View Post

        Oh, you own one and know all the stats?

        I have people that make full time incomes on my clone....but it's all good, you know all the inside info.

        WTG on providing info of which you know nothing about
        Thanks for your clone link posted some jobs already
        Signature
        STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS
        HOW TO EARN ONLINE INCOME
        IN 30 DAYS FROM NOW!

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7490752].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jhony lewis
    I also just sign up on fiverr, I am still a bit confused as well as to begin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6964159].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SocialMediaOwls
    It's like everything else in IM.

    If you know what you are doing and offer a good product, you can make a full time income on fiverr and the clones.

    If you put a job up on fiverr or any of the top ten clones and didn't make sales, that is your fault.

    Not only do I own a clone and make a HEFTY monthly income for myself, but I have fiverr gigs that make a combined $2 - $4,000 a month.

    Don't listen to idiots that post on these threads that "clones suck, stay away from them".....these people don't own one and couldn't market their way out of a paper bag.
    Signature

    I am looking for web traffic gurus

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6964349].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mysteryleaves
    keywords should help a lot and find other sites to advertise on
    that should work
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6964468].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author proxieyy
    What I'm doing is.. Analyse gigs that have lot of order and try to offer something better. My aim is to get some sales and positive feedback. After I have some good feedback, I found its pretty easy to get more sale.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6964529].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author fritzandre24
      Really helpful thread, it helps us starters on fiverr gain some knowledge from experts like all of you...

      Thanks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6966645].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    You need a unique service, or a service that is high in demand... and examples of your work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6966740].message }}
  • Here's a cool trick.

    Type in the search section on Fiverr the services you hope to offer. Look for the first three or four gigs that all have good ratings. If they are very popular, LOOK AT THEIR TAGS IN THE PHOTO THAT THEY HAVE ON THEIR GIG.

    USE THEIR EXACT TAGS ON YOUR GIGS.

    Good Luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6967282].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bougalo
    Make your title stand out, and keep the description to the point, a related image to your profile, and a short video of your gig. Without any effort on your part, it'll take at least 6 weeks before you see orders coming in. That has been my experience. It took me 3 full months to make it to the first level, an additional pair of weeks to the second. I now have been selling the same gig for a year, and have withdrawn a little over 300 bucks. Not much, but that's only one gig. Do the math. Hope that helps
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6968236].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author fritzandre24
      Originally Posted by bougalo View Post

      Make your title stand out, and keep the description to the point, a related image to your profile, and a short video of your gig. Without any effort on your part, it'll take at least 6 weeks before you see orders coming in. That has been my experience. It took me 3 full months to make it to the first level, an additional pair of weeks to the second. I now have been selling the same gig for a year, and have withdrawn a little over 300 bucks. Not much, but that's only one gig. Do the math. Hope that helps
      Yeah you're so true., but fiverr now wont allow exessive words, I was trying to create a new gig earlier, and it says exessive word in description, so i need to strip some reapeated words, you should be smart on combining words in the description to make it direct to the point..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6980453].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author acesites
    Obviously if a clone differentiates itself enough, or fills in a niche that Fiverr isn't, then they might be worth while, but for the majority of clone sites you'll find they are empty shells with no traffic. Just do your research and see if there's much going on on the site (alexa rank and word of mouth should be good indicators).

    If you can find a good clone site that gets your traffic and orders, then use it as a nice addition to your income stream.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6974026].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SocialMediaOwls
    There is so much more flexibility on clones. I allow anything to be said in the description. I encourage keyword stuffing.

    I also pay out in 7 days after job is complete.

    I also allow up to $35 for jobs unlike fiverr where you have to become a level 2 seller just to be qualified to offer addons
    Signature

    I am looking for web traffic gurus

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6980470].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rightseosteps
    Fiver is a waste of time i find. Links are useless in my opinion, try avoiding the blogroll links, that will just get you banned by google instantly. Do a bit of research before buying is what i'm saying.
    Signature
    Click Here- Guest posting service, per relevant post just 20$. Includes links for safe rankings to push your rankings to the top! Can't get this at a better price.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7124088].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author morg2k2
      Well,

      I do believe FIVERR is the top one in terms of traffic but that can be also quite dangerous because if your competition is high, and in fiverr the competition is HIGH you can become a looser out there.... or worst like me i had generated in a month +1000 USD and after starting to have a nice income, FIVERR editors removed all my gigs from the listing, well fiverr said it was listing but they did not appeared. So they own the rules of the game...

      Then there are the other Clones and many of them have a great traffic and specially they convert like MCJ or Gigbucks. There is also SEOClerks that i like the business model very much but did not earn much since people everything for peanuts but the business model is really good.

      So plan carefully the gigs you want to sell, try to have a gig that does not have to much competition or else you loose your conversions at least that my experience.

      Adding the gig in the top 10 sites will scale it, then creating a blog and promoting it with SEO and social Presence will do the work.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7385010].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rha
    Yes SEO is always on the menu for just about anything you may want to market online. But if like me you prefer make money in silence and keeping fiverr separate from your other business (in my case it could have been a branding conflict selling high priced products elsewhere... I have a fiverr proof strategy to start making money on fiverr that helped me generate a steady income on it with buyers dropping rave reviews for little effort in my part. 100% rating and top customer service. The gigs are products I use for my business that require a monthly subscription. So by selling my gigs for $5 I freed any potential buyer from worry about commitment to the service; almost no competition on fiverr. I only need a few orders to cover my own PRO memberships. Often buyers tell me they bought based only on my 100% rating and 100% good reviews overboard which also help my extra and my new gigs sell as a trickling effect and my seller perceived credibility. If you want to make money right away on Fiver this method may not be for you; this method is proven to help you bypass a lot of other sellers in the long term as you focus on quality over quantity. fiverr admin hand pick top seller based mainly on review and ratings; and you make the most money when you unlock those levels. I hope this helps.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7385732].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wordsuwant
    I will be taking some of these tips as well. I am on Fiverr as well, and have no luck. I just have one guy who continues to come back and get articles from me.
    Signature

    Your go-to writer when you need quality articles, blogs, and more!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7385774].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author fritzandre24
      Originally Posted by wordsuwant View Post

      I will be taking some of these tips as well. I am on Fiverr as well, and have no luck. I just have one guy who continues to come back and get articles from me.
      Same here.. having no luck on fiverr for 1 month now.. :confused:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7387658].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Viramara
    Promote it to your list, put it in your existent blog as your "service". Your audiences have at least enough trust for you than some random passers by.
    Signature
    Those who have time and search for a better time will lose time (Sufi Proverb)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7388481].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Madam X
    Originally Posted by CDawson View Post

    I've noticed that putting up gigs are extremely easy but getting orders just seems impossible. Is there something I'm not doing to increase sales?
    There's tons of information on LinkedIn. There's a group called (you'll need the exact name of it) "Official Fiverr Group for Sellers". It used to be a Closed Group - available by invitation only. They opened it up about a week ago.

    Some of the sellers on there have been complaining about a slowdown for everyone because so many have climbed on the Fiverr Bandwagon. There are a few really successful sellers & they're very generous with their help.

    There's one guy on Fiverr (named Justin), that's making BIG BUCKS there. He's shown his screenshots & he'd have no reason to lie. He's not selling anything (yet) on LI.

    *Also, everyone everywhere says to put up a video on your gig. The reason being is that Fiverr pushes gigs with videos higher in their search rank. It makes sense. Videos make people buy - so push them up.

    Good luck to you ~
    Madam X
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7388517].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author fritzandre24
      Originally Posted by Madam X View Post

      There's tons of information on LinkedIn. There's a group called (you'll need the exact name of it) "Official Fiverr Group for Sellers". It used to be a Closed Group - available by invitation only. They opened it up about a week ago.

      Some of the sellers on there have been complaining about a slowdown for everyone because so many have climbed on the Fiverr Bandwagon. There are a few really successful sellers & they're very generous with their help.

      There's one guy on Fiverr (named Justin), that's making BIG BUCKS there. He's shown his screenshots & he'd have no reason to lie. He's not selling anything (yet) on LI.

      *Also, everyone everywhere says to put up a video on your gig. The reason being is that Fiverr pushes gigs with videos higher in their search rank. It makes sense. Videos make people buy - so push them up.

      Good luck to you ~
      Madam X
      Thanks Madam X, this really make sense.. thanks a lot for sharing this to us :d
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7389033].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eugenedm
    To get orders, I would recommend that you start a blog, advertise on warrior forum or do it off the fiverr.com site. You probably want to promote it on facebook and twitter and tell people what you do. I hope that helps.
    Signature

    WARNING: A 50 Million Dollar Man Taught Me His Secret... Which Resulted 6,000 Sign-ups on My Email List.

    "It's easier than you think..."

    => Watch this video here...
    Build Your List to 6,000 Subscribers

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7392146].message }}
  • But don't just look for gigs that are success, you should actually add more value to it: how can i make this service better? What is lacking?
    Any and every gig can be improved, and that'll make a big difference in the delivery of it.

    Also, make sure you tell the prospect all the features that can be delivered in your gig. If you have 10 individuals doing back-linking services, well then you'll have to step up how you display YOUR backlinking service.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7395541].message }}
  • If you can do gigs on Fiverr, then heck, you can also give forums your service to.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7395687].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kevin Birch
    Use the gigs wanted columns to tout for business!

    I did this with a LOT of success when I first started. It built some decent feedback.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7414445].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    One technique that works for me is you use your gigs to UPSELL each other. I offer many services on Fiverr. When I complete one order, I include links to my other Fiverr gigs in the finished report. I've gotten orders this way. Your clients for one type of service are informed in a clear and effective way about your other services.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7490763].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rowanman28
    I'm a level two seller on Fiverr, I offer a good reliable service, and do many gigs of the same type. Likes, followers, shares, views, likes on a Facebook post, You Tube subscribers, Pinterest followers, Instagram followers, it's not all listed there, but I can do pretty much anything, I'm rowanman28 there. I also put the link to my Fiverr profile on my site. I always say at the end of my gigs, hope you are happy with this order, please leave a positive review and check out my other gigs, or let me know via a direct message if there are any problems. Don't want a bad review, it can hurt your sales, and I have 99% satisfaction from my customers.
    Signature
    Social Media Marketing Services
    Custom Facebook page design, Facebook Ads management, Facebook likes, Twitter followers, Google Plus, Instagram, social sharing, SEO, content production, video production, whatever you want.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7490933].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author designitbuddy
    I am new here but know about Fiverr.com well. Its not enough to create a new gig and wait for order. By doing so you will get no order.
    If you see right side of the fiverr sites i.e. Request Gigs. It is the place where clients post their desired work. You may send message to them which includes some of your introduction and what services you can provide best suit to them. These messages will give you Guaranteed response.
    Another way is to improve your gigs by sharing on face book and twitter.
    By doing so you will get response and will obviously thanks me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7491013].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author successideas
    I joined fiverr some months ago and became Level 1 Seller within one month of creating a gig that is got over 10 orders...am tolly_4u on fiverr and you can search for me there. I use facebook, twitter, linkedin and direct message to promote my service on fiverr (gig) to get BUYERS.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7965247].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Matt79
    My girlfriend joined fiverr a couple of weeks ago, based on what we've figured out it's the thumbnail she used that made her stand out, and constantly editing the gig to keep it fresh on the search results.

    She became level 1 within a couple of days with 3 gigs. She should hit level 2 anytime now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7965257].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author madeye32
    Put some friends of yours to buy some of your gigs to get some good feedbacks...then try to offer your best work in a domain Work Hard..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7965323].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author fritzandre24
      yes it really depends on what your offering.. wish you all the best and luck!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8396493].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seobro
    Creating a video on you tube is great advice if you are a singer. However, I doubt you would be as lucky if you were a computer programmer. People can instantly recognize awesome music. Also, sound cloud is great for voice overs. Social media is full of self promotion and most we ignore. Best advice is this one:

    Find a new niche that is very narrow. That means your competition is near zero. Work on totally dominating that niche and you will become the "king" of that hill in less than one year.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9716838].message }}

Trending Topics