Can I.M. help me pay for college in full?

84 replies
Hey Warriors,

Everyday kids who are in high school always question the fact of how can they make money to get to college? I am asking for your guys help. I can't answer this question. I dont want to take out of student loans because most people do and never be able to pay them back. I know military is an option, but I will make it my last resort. Only one way I can think of is internet marketing is my solution am I correct or wrong? I would love to hear your ideas and collabrate with them.
#college #full #pay
  • Profile picture of the author rendell
    Why not?
    Signature

    .
    Ever notice that people who spend money on WSO, memberships and courses, are always complaining about being broke and not making any money ?

    They should have bought ASSETS instead.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7049436].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Roslyn Agosta
    Yes, most certainly you could, as long as you concentrate, get a solid plan and take action!
    Signature
    Limited availability, Review's required! Get your free copy: http://www.warriorforum.com/wanted-m...ion-world.html
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7049445].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RedShifted
    No. Not with adense earnings of $0.68.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7049454].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
      Originally Posted by RedShifted View Post

      No. Not with adense earnings of $0.68.
      That months ago, bro.
      Signature

      Sincerely,
      Zack Sprague

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7049462].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MakeMoneyKid
      Originally Posted by RedShifted View Post

      No. Not with adense earnings of $0.68.
      lol obviously. Mine is only $0.7 for past six months
      Signature
      Money! Money! Money!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7054433].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
    I will literally work for it! I want to go to University of North Texas!
    Signature

    Sincerely,
    Zack Sprague

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7049458].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author E. Brian Rose
    This is impossible to answer, because we don't know anything about your work habits or your IQ, for that matter. I am sure you are a smart guy and consider yourself a hard worker, but do you have the entrepreneurial bug that is needed?

    Asking if IM is able to pay for college is like asking if being a real estate agent will make you a million dollars. Some realtors make millions, while others need to get part time jobs just to eat.

    With that being said, you know the Internet provides a way to make more than enough to pay for tuition. The question is, will you make it?

    Only you can answer this.
    Signature
    My New Video Series is Free (for now)
    Crazy good marketing tips from the founder of JVZoo.
    Get EBR 365 Now!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7049478].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
      Originally Posted by E. Brian Rose View Post

      This is impossible to answer, because we don't know anything about your work habbits or your I!, for that matter. I am sure you are a smart guy and consider yourself a hard worker, but do you have the entrepreneurial bug that is needed?

      Asking if IM is able to pay for college is like asking if being a real estate agent will make you a million dollars. Some realtors make millions, while others need to get part time jobs just to eat.

      With that being said, you know the Internet provides a way to make more than enough to pay for tuition. The question is, will you make it?

      Only you can answer this.
      You, Sir, are correct I even agree to your question!
      Signature

      Sincerely,
      Zack Sprague

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7049497].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GaurabBorah
    If you really willing to work and keep your focus. Learn from your mistakes instead of getting beaten down. Take up 3 simple money making methods. There are many and perfect that you enjoy most and makes your good money. Expand it and you'll be doing good.

    Mark your targets and chose your chose those methods that can help you get to your targets.
    Signature
    [WSOTD] Easy STEP-BY-STEP $50-$100/Day Posting Lame FB Ads!*WARRIORS MAKING MONEY*(New Social PROOF)...Click here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7049483].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GMD
    Banned
    Originally Posted by flatbro94 View Post

    Hey Warriors,

    Everyday kids who are in high school always question the fact of how can they make money to get to college? I am asking for your guys help. I can't answer this question. I dont want to take out of student loans because most people do and never be able to pay them back. I know military is an option, but I will make it my last resort. Only one way I can think of is internet marketing is my solution am I correct or wrong? I would love to hear your ideas and collabrate with them.
    Online marketing could easily pay for a college education -- the question you have to ask yourself is this: can you make enough from it to pay for your education?

    I hate to say it, but unless you're the exception to the rule, you're not going to be able to pay for college (while you're still young that is) by getting into this business now and excepting significant returns now.

    You might think the military is a waste of time but doing a three or four year term would not only pay for your college (and put money in your pocket), that discharge paper (DD-214) that you get when your service is completed is the gift that will keep giving throughout your life. The benefits are enormous.

    Like I said, unless you're going to be making huge bucks in the near future, I wouldn't bet that IM will pay for your college. Worse case scenario you're going to be 21, 22, 23 or older still sitting at home trying to make that work when had you say, for example, joined the military, you'd be all done and eons ahead by the time you were 23 or so.

    Otherwise, consider getting a Pell Grant that would pay most (if not all) of a community college tour. While you're there, get a job and do IM on the side as well.

    Build something up.

    Then after two years of community college you MIGHT have enough money from your normal job and IM (or just from IM) to transfer to a good four year school and get a degree from that school.

    The key is being REALISTIC.

    Don't bet your future on a pipe dream. Hedge your bets!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7049485].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AntonioSeegars1
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7049487].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GMD
      Banned
      Originally Posted by AntonioSeegars1 View Post

      Yes. The fact that you earned money already proves that it is profitable. All you have to do it build it up.
      I don't think the OP has revealed what money he has earned? Unless you count the 68 cents he's claimed in his signature space?

      While the 68 cents is technically "earned" money, Google hasn't paid that out yet and don't until the OP earns another $99.32 -- which might be a long, long way off.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7049503].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
        Originally Posted by GMD View Post

        I don't think the OP has revealed what money he has earned? Unless you count the 68 cents he's claimed in his signature space?

        While the 68 cents is technically "earned" money, Google hasn't paid that out yet and don't until the OP earns another $99.32 -- which might be a long, long way off.
        I have made .68 cents, but no google hasn't paid out so techinically no I haven't made money yet.
        Signature

        Sincerely,
        Zack Sprague

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7049523].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AntonioSeegars1
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7049529].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author GMD
          Banned
          Originally Posted by AntonioSeegars1 View Post

          Yes, I was referring to the 68 cents in his signature. It would be foolish to think that he cannot earn more money after he has already proven that he can earn money.
          I agree, it would be foolish to think he cannot earn more money after he has proven he can earn the 68 cents...

          But it would also be foolish to think anybody could guarantee their way to earning enough money for college, too.

          Personally, and that's just me, I wouldn't bet my future on the assumption that any particular business venture is going to pay for something that I need. At least not at the life stage where the OP is right now...
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7049610].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author logocows
    Just know what your passion is.

    The question you have to ask is what should I offer to be profitable.

    Love what you do, stand out of it, make your way to the top.

    Money will follow.

    Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7049514].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
    Well I have consider doing army for computers, just not infantry like going out to war.
    Signature

    Sincerely,
    Zack Sprague

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7049519].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GMD
      Banned
      Originally Posted by flatbro94 View Post

      Well I have consider doing army for computers, just not infantry like going out to war.
      Sure you can check out:

      Information Technology (IT) Jobs | GoArmy.com

      Many of these jobs are directly transferable to civilian jobs later on when you would get out.

      Plus a lot of these jobs (if you qualify) have $15,000 to $30,000 sign on bonuses that's paid out to you as soon as you finish training - plus your salary which could be anywhere from $2,500 to $3,000 per month starting out with no rent to worry about, paid meals, free medical plus of course college paid for (think the limit now is $65,000 - more than enough for a state university considering there's Pell Grants and other veterans' programs for this).

      But that's just an idea - you'll have to find your own path. Like when do you want to start school? Will you delay school for a few years to earn money in the IM world? Stuff like this makes a difference to your overall plan.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7049592].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Caleb Spilchen
    Yes... If your willing to work your ass off, you can do it... If you think this is an "easy way out", then your not gonna succeed...

    I know lots of people that have made easy money, and lots that have worked HARD and harder for their money... Trust me, easy money may come, but it also goes... quickly. If you work hard for your money, you gain a respect for hard work, and ultimately will be able to continue to be successful.

    Caleb
    Signature

    Caleb Spilchen

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7049872].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John NMC
    Hi,

    Yes and No...is it possible? Absolutely. Internet Marketing put me through college at one of the most expensive schools in the country. But it's like ANY business. There are no guarantees.

    But the real answer is....TRY IT AND SEE!

    There's nothing stopping you from starting an online business tonight. Work on it for the rest of the week...over the weekend. Can you make any money at it?

    You will know very quickly if you have what it takes...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7049903].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rockong
    Of course you can..you just have to actually take action asap. It doesn't happen overnight..it's building a business. So as you learn IM, you have to start taking action and eventually, you'll strike IM gold and be able to pay for college

    Or if you make enough..who needs college
    Signature

    Are you a SEO company? Make extra money by becoming a white label backlink audits and removals service reseller.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7049984].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KaplanT4
    The internet is just another medium that allows you to serve people. So its not IM in and of itself that will pay for your fees. If you can align yourself with what what a specific group of people (your target prospects) want, then sure it can pay for what you want.

    It's knowing your target and empathizing (the best weapon you can have), then selling what they want to them that will bring you money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050001].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
    Im not saying that it will guarantee college for me, but I was just saying if it was a possibility if I worked at it could it take me to college!
    Signature

    Sincerely,
    Zack Sprague

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050008].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
    Banned
    You've been gone for awhile; but I still remember you and your situation. Unless you've changed your mindset/work habits immensely, you aren't paying for college with earnings from this industry.

    A look back at flatbro94

    So IDK, if you learned focus, stopped chasing dreams, and dropped the self-defeatist attitude you might be able to make something out of this eventually. I wouldn't hedge my bets on you.

    Use that as advice or motivation, your call.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050030].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
      Originally Posted by Joseph Robinson View Post

      You've been gone for awhile; but I still remember you and your situation. Unless you've changed your mindset/work habits immensely, you aren't paying for college with earnings from this industry.

      A look back at flatbro94

      So IDK, if you learned focus, stopped chasing dreams, and dropped the self-defeatist attitude you might be able to make something out of this eventually. I wouldn't hedge my bets on you.

      Use that as advice or motivation, your call.
      I think I will joesph. Funny thing is I have saved up over 552 dollars for a car xD still have no luck finding a car, but eh still have to save more right and work for something that you want. Like me I want a car so bad so I am working my butt of to get one. I guess that could be the same scenario towards internet marketing. ( P.S. I would mind showing you my bank account for the car savings ) I use to spend alot of money, but until one day something just hit me. I want a car and I wanted it bad so I started to save up money and just bring lunch to school. I was never giving up on what I wanted. I want a car and I will get it!
      Signature

      Sincerely,
      Zack Sprague

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050060].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GMD
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Joseph Robinson View Post

      You've been gone for awhile; but I still remember you and your situation. Unless you've changed your mindset/work habits immensely, you aren't paying for college with earnings from this industry.

      A look back at flatbro94

      So IDK, if you learned focus, stopped chasing dreams, and dropped the self-defeatist attitude you might be able to make something out of this eventually. I wouldn't hedge my bets on you.

      Use that as advice or motivation, your call.
      Oh flatbro94, I've changed my mind!

      I suggest an immediate enlistment into either the Air Force or U.S. Army (Marines might be a bit too extreme for you and as for the Navy? Who wants to be called "seaman" for a year until you're promoted?).

      This WILL give you the triple virtue traits of commitment, follow-through, and focus that might be lacking now...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050099].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
        Originally Posted by GMD View Post

        Oh flatbro94, I've changed my mind!

        I suggest an immediate enlistment into either the Air Force or U.S. Army (Marines might be a bit too extreme for you and as for the Navy? Who wants to be called "seaman" for a year until you're promoted?).

        This WILL give you the triple virtue traits of commitment, follow-through, and focus that might be lacking now...
        Haha hers the thing, Back then I was lazy! I am being honest here because I don't like to lie. I yes was very lazy, but after a few months past into my job. I started to gain focus, because I have to be focused or ill mess up and possibly get fired from my job. its like right now I have a poster hanging saying Car savings I right now what I have and what I want reach! Right now I have $552 and I want to reach $2500 to $3000! I know it will be forever, but if you actually think about it. It will be good in the long run because I know I got what I wanted
        Signature

        Sincerely,
        Zack Sprague

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050123].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
          Banned
          Originally Posted by flatbro94 View Post

          Funny thing is I have saved up over 1000 dollars for a car xD
          Originally Posted by flatbro94 View Post

          Right now I have $552 and I want to reach $2500 to $3000!
          Lying within the span of 4 posts won't get you very far either :rolleyes:. So which is it: $552 or over a $1000?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050149].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
            Originally Posted by Joseph Robinson View Post

            Lying within the span of 4 posts won't get you very far either :rolleyes:. So which is it: $552 or over a $1000?
            552 I use to I had to spend it on stuff ><!
            Signature

            Sincerely,
            Zack Sprague

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050154].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
              Banned
              Originally Posted by flatbro94 View Post

              552 I use to I had to spend it on stuff ><!
              I'm going to go with GMD's amended advice here and recommend that you bump enlistment way up on your list. Your current mindset isn't built for this kind of thing. The military can help instill the values that you need if you buy in.

              If you choose to stick with internet business I don't forsee a favorable outcome, unfortunately.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050167].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author GMD
                Banned
                Originally Posted by Joseph Robinson View Post

                I'm going to go with GMD's amended advice here and recommend that you bump enlistment way up on your list. Your current mindset isn't built for this kind of thing. The military can help instill the values that you need if you buy in.

                If you choose to stick with internet business I don't forsee a favorable outcome, unfortunately.
                I have to agree with this. People are willing to dish out advice to a point, then must step back and let that person act. Or not act.

                I've been pretty vocal around here writing that IM is NOT for everyone. Everybody can't be a good car salesman or a good doctor or a good policeman. There is NO profession that's for "everybody".

                So why should IM be the same? It's NOT for everybody. A good IMer has both the mindset and the ideas to be a self-starter. Above all discipline is required.

                Discipline to: start what you finish, seek answers and solutions independently, keep a schedule even if you're working from home, sticking with a plan and adjusting that plan for success as circumstances change, etc.

                Kid, if you've been doing this since AT LEAST June and you're still nowhere with it, then where will you be in 6 more months? Or 1 more year? Still dreaming and posting here getting yourself hyped up and then putting off your success for yet another day.

                Give the Air Force a shot

                Give the Army a shot if you've got the stones
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050205].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
                  Banned
                  Originally Posted by GMD View Post

                  Give the Air Force a shot

                  Give the Army a shot if you've got the stones
                  Come on now, let's give him good advice: Marine Corps all the way :p.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050232].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author GMD
                    Banned
                    Originally Posted by Joseph Robinson View Post

                    Come on now, let's give him good advice: Marine Corps all the way :p.
                    I thought the Marines would be too extreme for him. :p

                    True story:

                    When I was living in Vegas (and a very young man) I ended up at the recruiting station on E. Sahara Ave.

                    Walked in.

                    Peeked in the Air Force office and is was packed full. Well I wanted results now, so I went to the next room.

                    It was the Navy. And yeah, didn't want to wear bell bottoms or be seaman, so I went to the next office.

                    It was the Marines. I sh*t you not, this GIANT man with a vein bulging out of his forehead screamed at me, "Are you man enough to be a Marine?" (I don't think the OP is man enough either for them LOL)

                    I told him no... and went to the Army part where there were three recruiters there with their feet up on the desk ready to service their next client! So I ended up with that fine organization!
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050246].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
                      Banned
                      Originally Posted by GMD View Post

                      It was the Marines. I sh*t you not, this GIANT man with a vein bulging out of his forehead screamed at me, "Are you man enough to be a Marine?" (I don't think the OP is man enough either for them LOL)
                      I wasn't man enough either lol. I remember respecting the hell out of them as a kid, did Marine Corps ROTC my freshman year of school, and realized then that I couldn't make a life out of this.

                      Props to the people that do, they're either really smart/mentally tough or really dumb/mentally tough. I never could figure out which.
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050254].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author GMD
          Banned
          Originally Posted by flatbro94 View Post

          Haha hers the thing, Back then I was lazy! I am being honest here because I don't like to lie. I yes was very lazy, but after a few months past into my job. I started to gain focus, because I have to be focused or ill mess up and possibly get fired from my job. its like right now I have a poster hanging saying Car savings I right now what I have and what I want reach! Right now I have $552 and I want to reach $2500 to $3000! I know it will be forever, but if you actually think about it. It will be good in the long run because I know I got what I wanted
          Listen, you're posting. You're participating and you're trying. So that goes a long way. Nobody is trying to take that away from you.

          But education is important. Let's take the car situation for example, okay?

          If you had a real job at this point guess what? You'd have your car right now. You could have put the $552 you have in cash down and financed the rest of the car purchase (probably at a higher rate but who cares about that right now)...you'd have the car.

          OR...

          Let's say you you got a d.b.a. certificate and organized all of your IM activities into a sole proprietorship type of organization. Then you did that for a year -- keeping all proof of income -- and guess what? You might still qualify to buy a car without having to save the full (cash option) amount.

          OR...

          If you find it difficult to finish your own projects at this point, why not try to get paid to design sites / pages/ etc. for clients? Maybe having to do the work for somebody else might motivate you to finish what you start...and you'd get paid?

          I read you have one or two official computing certifications? Why not post on Craigslist and try to get some local repair jobs? That could easily turn into a business right there.

          FOR ME, the key to making money was NOT doing one niche, I have my fingers in a lot of pies. I make a good amount from each niche / idea I get involved in. I call in my "brick wall of income":

          Build income brick-by-brick:

          1. make a few hundred in adsense each month.

          2. make a few hundred fixing computers each month.

          3. make a few hundred with a gaming website or two...

          Eventually, you put all your income bricks together and find that you have one big income.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050163].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
            Originally Posted by GMD View Post

            Listen, you're posting. You're participating and you're trying. So that goes a long way. Nobody is trying to take that away from you.

            But education is important. Let's take the car situation for example, okay?

            If you had a real job at this point guess what? You'd have your car right now. You could have put the $552 you have in cash down and financed the rest of the car purchase (probably at a higher rate but who cares about that right now)...you'd have the car.

            OR...

            Let's say you you got a d.b.a. certificate and organized all of your IM activities into a sole proprietorship type of organization. Then you did that for a year -- keeping all proof of income -- and guess what? You might still qualify to buy a car without having to save the full (cash option) amount.

            OR...

            If you find it difficult to finish your own projects at this point, why not try to get paid to design sites / pages/ etc. for clients? Maybe having to do the work for somebody else might motivate you to finish what you start...and you'd get paid?

            I read you have one or two official computing certifications? Why not post on Craigslist and try to get some local repair jobs? That could easily turn into a business right there.

            FOR ME, the key to making money was NOT doing one niche, I have my fingers in a lot of pies. I make a good amount from each niche / idea I get involved in. I call in my "brick wall of income":

            Build income brick-by-brick:

            1. make a few hundred in adsense each month.

            2. make a few hundred fixing computers each month.

            3. make a few hundred with a gaming website or two...

            Eventually, you put all your income bricks together and find that you have one big income.
            Thanks GMD
            Signature

            Sincerely,
            Zack Sprague

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050188].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
    After reading that forum, I do have a domain I still have that I could use. I do love computer parts xP. I love computers! I found my niche. I'll reread "fin"'s messages. He had a good thing if I remember!
    Signature

    Sincerely,
    Zack Sprague

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050090].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
      Banned
      Originally Posted by flatbro94 View Post

      After reading that forum, I do have a domain I still have that I could use. I do love computer parts xP. I love computers! I found my niche. I'll reread "fin"'s messages. He had a good thing if I remember!
      I'll believe it when I see it. Don't take this the wrong way, but you're kind of just repeating what you were saying in June: "I'm ready to put in the work required to make this successful!"

      In case you haven't noticed, you're still standing on the starting line. You might not have the maturity/mindset for this line of work.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050103].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
        Originally Posted by Joseph Robinson View Post

        I'll believe it when I see it. Don't take this the wrong way, but you're kind of just repeating what you were saying in June: "I'm ready to put in the work required to make this successful!"

        In case you haven't noticed, you're still standing on the starting line. You might not have the maturity/mindset for this line of work.
        I didn't cause you know its actually true. An I know it to and I am not denying it either.
        Signature

        Sincerely,
        Zack Sprague

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050152].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rose Anderson
    I will echo what Joe has already said. I remember your posts from when you were here before. You had several good ideas but you quickly abandoned them. If you pick one thing and stick with it then you can pay for a car or college or whatever you choose to buy. But if you keep jumping from one thing to another you'll be stuck with your .68.

    Rose
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050109].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
      Originally Posted by Rose Anderson View Post

      I will echo what Joe has already said. I remember your posts from when you were here before. You had several good ideas but you quickly abandoned them. If you pick one thing and stick with it then you can pay for a car or college or whatever you choose to buy. But if you keep jumping from one thing to another you'll be stuck with your .68.

      Rose
      I know, im not abandoning, the car idea, however im doing in a different approach by working. Making very little an hour, plus tips.
      Signature

      Sincerely,
      Zack Sprague

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050132].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
    I may not have focus in this business, but can I still be friends with yall anyway D:?
    Signature

    Sincerely,
    Zack Sprague

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050182].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
      Banned
      Originally Posted by flatbro94 View Post

      I may not have focus in this business, but can I still be friends with yall anyway D:?
      The other problem immediately resurfaces:

      http://www.warriorforum.com/off-topi...-warriors.html

      Nobody is hating on you or saying you can't hang around. We're giving you advice. Sure it's not the "rah-rah, you can do it" stuff you were hoping for; but that doesn't make it bad advice.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050200].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
        Originally Posted by Joseph Robinson View Post

        The other problem immediately resurfaces:

        http://www.warriorforum.com/off-topi...-warriors.html

        Nobody is hating on you or saying you can't hang around. We're giving you advice. Sure it's not the "rah-rah, you can do it" stuff you were hoping for; but that doesn't make it bad advice.
        Im being self-defeatist again ain't I :O? Only thing I really am best at joe is ill be honest is im booksmart and really good with computers and thats about it honestly. I lack commonsense
        Signature

        Sincerely,
        Zack Sprague

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050215].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author GMD
          Banned
          Originally Posted by flatbro94 View Post

          Im being self-defeatist again ain't I :O? Only thing I really am best at joe is ill be honest is im booksmart and really good with computers and thats about it honestly. I lack commonsense
          LOL

          Yes, you are.

          I think the thunder is going to rain down upon you shortly unless you show a little something!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050235].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kal Sallam
    OP you're going to get a lot of naysayers but don't let that discourage you.
    Anything is possible it all depends on how bad you want it!

    If someone tells you sorry I don't think you will make it, you're response should be:

    You're wrong and I will do all within my power to become successful.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050223].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
      Originally Posted by Kal Sallam View Post

      OP you're going to get a lot of naysayers but don't let that discourage you.
      Anything is possible it all depends on how bad you want it!

      If someone tells you sorry I don't think you will make it, you're response should be:

      You're wrong and I will do all within my power to become successful.
      Thanks bro it means alot!
      Signature

      Sincerely,
      Zack Sprague

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050234].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Putt
    What these people say is right, but at the end of the day it is down to your own beliefs, If you believe you can, you can, and if you believe you cannot, then you cannot
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050274].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Caleb Spilchen
    I just wanted to put this out there.. Just in case anyone throws a Debbie Downer across the thread... I'm in college for Business, I could have easily paid for my program with online earnings.. (no problem).... I spent 3 years perfecting the systems that I use to profit...

    That's all I'm gonna say...

    Caleb
    Signature

    Caleb Spilchen

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050281].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Caleb Spilchen View Post

      I just wanted to put this out there.. Just in case anyone throws a Debbie Downer across the thread... I'm in college for Business, I could have easily paid for my program with online earnings.. (no problem).... I spent 3 years perfecting the systems that I use to profit...

      That's all I'm gonna say...

      Caleb
      Plenty of us can (and do) pay for our education with our IM earnings. Doesn't mean that the OP can, and given what he has provided to us in terms of work ethic, personality, etc. he is currently not in the position or of the mindset required to run a business.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050299].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kal Sallam
        Originally Posted by Joseph Robinson View Post

        Plenty of us can (and do) pay for our education with our IM earnings. Doesn't mean that the OP can, and given what he has provided to us in terms of work ethic, personality, etc. he is currently not in the position or of the mindset required to run a business.
        You do not know the OP nor what's going on in his life.
        Just because you read a few posts explaining his situation
        Does not qualify you to make that conclusion.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050349].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Kal Sallam View Post

          You do not know the OP nor what's going on in his life.
          Just because you read a few posts explaining his situation
          Does not qualify you to make that conclusion.
          The OP has provided more than enough to make a very educated inference, which you are more than welcome to disagree with. Your opinion (as always) will continue to be ignored though, so if you came hoping to reignite last night's fun you will unfortunately be left wanting :rolleyes:.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050376].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Kal Sallam
            Originally Posted by Joseph Robinson View Post

            The OP has provided more than enough to make a very educated inference, which you are more than welcome to disagree with. Your opinion (as always) will continue to be ignored though, so if you came hoping to reignite last night's fun you will unfortunately be left wanting :rolleyes:.
            Yes sir any time I notice wrong info being inflicted on others,
            It's my duty to interfere and clear any misconceptions.
            You're post just happened to be one of those.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050536].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author GMD
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Kal Sallam View Post

          You do not know the OP nor what's going on in his life.
          Just because you read a few posts explaining his situation
          Does not qualify you to make that conclusion.
          Then, by your logic, nobody can make a conclusion regarding his imminent success either.

          Now, I've take the time to read not only this thread but all of the other threads to which the OP was involved. I've read the lines as well as between-the-lines regarding what the OP has written -- regardless of the logic of it, I would NOT bet he will be successful in this business...not just yet or perhaps anywhere in the near future.

          The fact remains:

          Success is possible FOR ALL PEOPLE.

          Success within a certain profession IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR ALL PEOPLE.

          So, the question remains, can the OP find success with internet marketing? Since joining in June 2011 the OP has shown that he, indeed, cannot be successful.

          It's taking what you've done and multiplying the time you've been doing it. And 12 months x zero still equals ZERO.



          Simply put, the OP CAN succeed (at what is the debate). However, at this point, it's up to him to do it on his own because there's only so much advice that can be given and the OP has shown in the past that he is unwilling or unable to translate good advice into something actionable.

          He's got to log off the forums -- or at least just stick to reading posts and learning -- and show himself the work and the money.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050586].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author cashp0wer
        Of course you can use IM to help pay off your college debt. You just need to make out a plan, stick with it, and work at it until you start making money. Good luck and that's a great idea.
        Signature
        My Internet Marketing Blog - Warts And All!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050352].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Pole
        I'm actually a young entrepreneur myself - Just go out there and start building your reputation to start. Connect with people, build up trust, and slowly start building a team in a well-established network marketing company! FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7071122].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author salegurus
      Originally Posted by Caleb Spilchen View Post

      I just wanted to put this out there.. Just in case anyone throws a Debbie Downer across the thread...
      Caleb
      Stupid question but what's a Debbie Downer?
      PS! Great headline for your next WSO:
      How The WSO Forum Paid My College Fees...
      PS. Royalties if you use it
      Signature
      Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

      ― George Carlin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050325].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
        Banned
        Originally Posted by salegurus View Post

        Stupid question but what's a Debbie Downer?
        PS! Great headline for your next WSO:
        How The WSO Forum Paid My College Fees...
        PS. Royalties if you use it
        Here ya go.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050331].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Caleb Spilchen
          Originally Posted by Joseph Robinson View Post

          It's very rare that the literary phrases that I use, are not understood by anyone... I guess my grade 12 university english, finally helped me with something...

          Caleb
          Signature

          Caleb Spilchen

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050548].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
            Banned
            Well, this sentence seems to be a contradiction:

            Originally Posted by Caleb Spilchen View Post

            I guess my grade 12 university English,<Comma not needed> finally helped me with something...(Proper use of the ellipsis)

            Caleb
            Just sayin' :p.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050698].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Caleb Spilchen
              Originally Posted by Joseph Robinson View Post

              Well, this sentence seems to be a contradiction:



              Just sayin' :p.
              Why don't you ask anyone thats ever edited or read any product I've ever created.... about my usage of commas.

              They will whine and complain until the cows come home... because I honestly have no understanding of the proper way to use Commas...



              Caleb
              Signature

              Caleb Spilchen

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050703].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Caleb Spilchen
        Originally Posted by salegurus View Post

        Stupid question but what's a Debbie Downer?
        PS! Great headline for your next WSO:
        How The WSO Forum Paid My College Fees...
        PS. Royalties if you use it
        I wouldn't use that headline, because then it sounds like you need to go to college after reading the WSO :p.

        And to the OP:

        I don't know what your situation is... and honestly, I'm not gonna read the whole thread to find out. I've spent months sitting on my butt doing nothing (ask many people on this forum who know me), and I've spent many months being the most active vocal person I can be... pounding out quality (Ask anyone again)...

        If you make the decision to GO for it, to do everything for success... You'll succeed.. but if you act like most teens who hear the make money online bug, you won't make a dime.

        It's your decision..

        Caleb
        Signature

        Caleb Spilchen

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050540].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ceenote100
    It depends if one is willing to dedicate their time and efforts into IM and studies.
    Signature
    ► ► ► FREE REPORT!!◄ ◄ ◄


    ★ ★ ★ Introducing THE BRUTAL TRUTH About Internet Marketing! ★ ★ ★
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050326].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cbader
    You don't need college to learn. College is in a bubble due to government meddling. I would recommend to any kid, to stay away from college right now UNLESS they know exactly what they want to be.

    There is a shift happening in education, and those that recognize it will do much better. Start learning for free: taoeconomics.com - View topic - GGGRAWW! MY BRAIN IS HUGE!!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050368].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RedShifted
    And I'm deeply suspecting at this point that he does not have a plan.

    He's been here for xxx however many months, but still seems to be stuck in dreams of striking it rich.

    That tells me he's more a dreamer than an action taker. Life is about balance flatbro. Do you even have a plan yet to pay off your college intuition?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050390].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vadimarket
    It can, if you establish your IN business at least a year before you got to college. I started to get into IM when I was 16, and it took me 3 years before I made anything. There are some exceptions though.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050553].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Caleb Spilchen
      Originally Posted by Vadimarket View Post

      It can, if you establish your IN business at least a year before you got to college. I started to get into IM when I was 16, and it took me 3 years before I made anything. There are some exceptions though.
      Did you start with analysis paralysis? The bad thing is that most people start their businesses (when there young) by investing in a domain or web hosting...

      None of which are needed.... if you start by spending an hour writing an article for a client, you'll make money the first week...

      Caleb
      Signature

      Caleb Spilchen

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050561].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
    You, like many of us, lack discipline, courage, action, clear thinking, confidence, responsibility, maturity, planning, etc. This is based on your many posts and threads that many of us tried to help give you a helping hand.

    I think you can pay for anything you want with an online business but unless you start to develop character traits like those above I think you will continue to have a hard time.

    Being in the service will help you develop some of those traits to some degree.

    Maybe something you should consider is to join the service, earn an income, get college paid for, ingrain these traits and habits, and build an online business on the side.

    Mark
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050633].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050702].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ecoverartist
    Hey OP,

    I started my internet business at the age of 16, back in 1996 when very few people even had a computer, let alone access to the web. I'm now 32. Things have obviously changed dramatically during that time, but yet one thing has remained the same: The need for good, reliable service.

    Did my business pay for college entirely? It certainly helped. But the big thing was staying committed. It's so easy to be tempted to put stuff off when you're cramming for finals, or it's Friday night and you want to go hang out with friends. I'm not saying you should be a recluse, but remember your obligations to your business, your customers and yourself. The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7050991].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fenomeno
    To OP, since you are here that means that you are ready to learn and earn online. So yes, you can earn from IM. Many members of this forum make really nice money from IM and they prooved its possible. I do know only basics of IM, but do know everything needed for making good money from trading with domain names and my incomes are great. I finished college but my monthly earnings from domaining would be enough to pay the whole year of college and I would still have for bills and entertainment. You should find your niche and stick to it. Be good in it and you will be able to pay your college and buy a car. There is money online.
    Signature

    Contact me on PM if you are interested in extra affordable instructions about how to trade with domain names for serious profit. You could also just visit and check my website at http://www.honorarniposao.net/#!english/ctqd

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7051045].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      They will whine and complain until the cows come home... because I honestly have no understanding of the proper way to use Commas...
      I was always that way with commas - and a college prof said "just use one when you need to take a breath in the sentence." Made sense to me.
      Signature
      Every child needs a pet because every family needs an optimist

      Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7051873].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
    I am going to log off the forums and stay off the warriorforum for awhile ill see ya later . I am just lacking the focus and common sense. But I am book smart and really good at computers.
    Signature

    Sincerely,
    Zack Sprague

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7054334].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author GMD
      Banned
      Originally Posted by flatbro94 View Post

      I am going to log off the forums and stay off the warriorforum for awhile ill see ya later . I am just lacking the focus and common sense. But I am book smart and really good at computers.
      I knnnnowww you've been back to the forums!

      So how about an update?

      What's the latest anyway?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7070794].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
        Originally Posted by GMD View Post

        I knnnnowww you've been back to the forums!

        So how about an update?

        What's the latest anyway?
        Well I figured why not use one of my old domains that I have and use Techg33k that I have and start a business with that domain. I do love computers so why not you know?. I looked at chris duckers 7 day free training for business. I am going to provide helpful information first, then try to sell something at the end. Maybe even start a list if possible, if it suits the website I am going to create.
        Signature

        Sincerely,
        Zack Sprague

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7073038].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author LeonLion
          Originally Posted by flatbro94 View Post

          Well I figured why not use one of my old domains that I have and use Techg33k that I have and start a business with that domain. I do love computers so why not you know?. I looked at chris duckers 7 day free training for business. I am going to provide helpful information first, then try to sell something at the end. Maybe even start a list if possible, if it suits the website I am going to create.
          Am I seeing things or is this thread going the same route as your previous ones?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7075733].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MilkerFocus
    There are so many useful replies.
    Come here to cheer you up!

    Marcus
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7071149].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HeatherH
    It absolutely can, but I'd recommend working on your IM before starting in school, because it can take a lot of time to build enough of an income to save up for something like that. If you're in school and wanting to pay for it as well, you'll end up working a lot of 18 hour days.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7071191].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author goguy
    Yes it can help but you will need a solid plan and good strategies for executing those plans.

    Best of luck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7071900].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author letsmakeit
    If I could go back to school I would not think twice. I believe that you should spent all your time in school and just focus on that. IM will take a few years to get started and need 10 to 15 hours days over many years to see an income. Having a real education is much more important.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7072096].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TeamBringIt
    Originally Posted by flatbro94 View Post

    Hey Warriors,

    Everyday kids who are in high school always question the fact of how can they make money to get to college? I am asking for your guys help. I can't answer this question. I dont want to take out of student loans because most people do and never be able to pay them back. I know military is an option, but I will make it my last resort. Only one way I can think of is internet marketing is my solution am I correct or wrong? I would love to hear your ideas and collabrate with them.
    Anything is possible. Find a group of like minded, people like yourself on skype or find a mentor. Some people work full-time jobs and still devote time to their IM/business and do well...I see no difference for your situation.

    The 2 things that can hold you back:
    Time - Will you have enough time, with your studies to-- do a side business/IM?
    Money - do you have money to invest, into your business?

    Both of these can make or break your success. You must devote 2-4 hours at least for your business to work. Dreaming and thinking that IM will make you money with little - or- no effort is pure dreaming.

    You must invest some money. Now -- you might now have some money right now, ask you folks for $100-$200 to invest into your business.

    If you cannot get $100-$200, from mom-n-dad, then go to Ebay and sell some stuff. You can also write articles, for others and brush-up those english skills for college as well

    If you do choose to write articles: Go to Sites like Fiverr: Graphics, marketing, fun and more online services for $5 or www.Elance.com and write articles for people and make some money-- to invest into your ***Long-Term*** business!

    Investments:
    A: Domain name ===> Godaddy/Namecheap
    B: Autoresponder ====> Aweber/Getresponse
    C: Warrior Forum ====> War Room

    I highly suggest that you make those investment.
    I highly suggest you join a skype group and have others help you. If you can afford it, find a mentor or invest into a WSO that offers mentoring.

    You can make this work, it all depends on how bad you want it -- and what steps - or- directions you take, to run your business...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7072308].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
      Originally Posted by TeamBringIt View Post

      Anything is possible. Find a group of like minded, people like yourself on skype or find a mentor. Some people work full-time jobs and still devote time to their IM/business and do well...I see no difference for your situation.

      The 2 things that can hold you back:
      Time - Will you have enough time, with your studies to-- do a side business/IM?
      Money - do you have money to invest, into your business?

      Both of these can make or break your success. You must devote 2-4 hours at least for your business to work. Dreaming and thinking that IM will make you money with little - or- no effort is pure dreaming.

      You must invest some money. Now -- you might now have some money right now, ask you folks for $100-$200 to invest into your business.

      If you cannot get $100-$200, from mom-n-dad, then go to Ebay and sell some stuff. You can also write articles, for others and brush-up those english skills for college as well

      If you do choose to write articles: Go to Sites like Fiverr: Graphics, marketing, fun and more online services for $5 or www.Elance.com and write articles for people and make some money-- to invest into your ***Long-Term*** business!

      Investments:
      A: Domain name ===> Godaddy/Namecheap
      B: Autoresponder ====> Aweber/Getresponse
      C: Warrior Forum ====> War Room

      I highly suggest that you make those investment.
      I highly suggest you join a skype group and have others help you. If you can afford it, find a mentor or invest into a WSO that offers mentoring.

      You can make this work, it all depends on how bad you want it -- and what steps - or- directions you take, to run your business...
      I got money to invest
      Signature

      Sincerely,
      Zack Sprague

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7073049].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ExquisiteMedia
    Look, I'm not going to be like some people and say that this is impossible to provide an answer for. If you have a little bit of money to invest (or a great service to provide so that you can generate some funds) it can be done. You just have to look into what interests you and think about how you could monetize it. I started out with a rented laptop (I'm on one now just to get back into the game) and ended up providing food for my kids for over 3 years. This was all done online by providing writing services and venturing into other arenas.

    If you have any questions or just need a little bit of honest guidance, please get in touch.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7075759].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author samjaynz
    Yep, it sure can!

    Finishing my last year of university in 2013, and I won't have a red cent of student debt to my name.
    Signature
    Sick of over-hyped, dishonest product and course reviews? Check out Reviews Boss for detailed, ethical reviews of leading IM courses, SEO software, web marketing SaaS and more.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7075776].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Xtronikz
    Banned
    I know a kid who makes $75,000 per year while in college doing part time IM. He knows what hes doing but wont ever take it up full time. why? well because hes going to be making more money when hes out of college.

    It is definitely possible.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7075819].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Avalonesa
    Yes its possible. I dropped out of college when I started making $20,000 a month with affiliate and CPA marketing and I don't plan on returning.

    Take a look at Vito Glazers, he started Affiliate Network | CPAtank and didnt spend 1 dime on college tuition (he didnt even go to college). All the resources you need to learn about how to make your first, $10,000 or even $1million are here online. We all make choices, we all are a victim of chance but you can change things for yourself if you work SMART. All you need to do to make it in this IM game is:

    1) Find traffic
    2) Find the highest Earning Per Click offer you can to drive said traffic to
    3) Repeat

    And for the super-affiliates that are very smart, (I call them the lazy middlemen lol), they outsource all the above and take a commission from all the affiliates working under them. NOW THAT IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF WORKING SMART AND NOT HARD!

    Some people get lucky, some people make their own luck. You have to take risks, you will make mistakes. Your success is only measured by how you deal with those mistakes. I suggest you get into a CPA company and ask your affiliate manager what offer has the highest earnings per click, and what traffic source.

    WORK SMART NOT HARD.
    Signature

    Read the rules -- no affiliate links allowed in posts or sigs.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7089106].message }}

Trending Topics