My friend automatically adds customers to their mailing list after purchase using JVZoo's automatic integration, whereas for years in other niches and the IM niche, I tend to use a squeeze page offering a compelling free gift, free product upgrades etc in exchange for my (new) customer's email address. For those who don't wish to optin there is a clickable link at the bottom that takes them to a OTO or a download page.
NOTE : I did use JVZoo's automatic subscribers integration for a launch last weekend as a test but noticed only half of my customers have subscribed!?
I want people to "want" to be on my list. My friend thinks people "accept" they're going on a vendor's list after purchasing a product.
So here's a few questions for y'all :
1. Would you prefer to be given the choice of opting into a marketers mailing list after purchase or are you happy being automatically added?
2. If you are automatically added do you look to unsubscribe straight away or give the marketer the benefit of the doubt?
3. If you willingly optin to a list to get a free gift after purchase, do you then have a tendancy to opt out straight away once you have downloaded the gift or give the marketer the benefit of the doubt?
4. In both cases do you have more respect, and likely look out for future emails, for the marketer who automatically added you to their list or the marketer that "compelled" you to optin to their list?
5. Do you not give a damn either way?
Looking forward to your feedback.