Best Alternative for .com or .net for a large site?

15 replies
Hey Warriors,
The site is targeting mainly Facebook and Instagram Users, which are almost all teenagers, so I think .com or .net would be the best choices, however they are both taken. Everything else is available. I don't care about SEO, as it will be so stupidly easy for my keyword (It's not a keyword people would think to look for, it's my brand). I've been thinking maybe .me?

Thanks.
#alternative #large #net #site
  • Profile picture of the author whland
    I like .me I think it'd make an excellent domain since .com and .net aren't available.

    Chad
    Signature
    WebMasterBabble.com Webmaster Forum
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7079596].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author goguy
    Since you said you don't care about SEO. Yea, the .me will be better.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7079655].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author darkblue
    Have you thought of a .co ? that's another good alternative
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7079720].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ShutupAndEarn
    A different domain name or an offer to buy the .com or .net.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7079743].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Shook
      Unless your name is your brand, then .me is not going to make a lot of sense.

      Try the .org or something with one hyphen. Or depending on what the name is maybe you could add "my" onto the front or a word like zone, or HQ or something on the end.
      Signature


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7080061].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author flx89
    If .com, and .net are taken. I would go for .org , .co.uk, com.uk.....even .tv is cool
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7080156].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author goldclubmember
    I would go for .org , .co.uk, com.uk.....even .tv is cool
    I'll go for .org and never go for .info as seems like 99% of the .info websites are scams or spams.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7080193].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Blinking
      Originally Posted by goguy View Post

      Since you said you don't care about SEO. Yea, the .me will be better.
      Ok thanks.
      Originally Posted by darkblue View Post

      Have you thought of a .co ? that's another good alternative
      I don't really like .co, as no one really knows it, and I believe my audience will think it is strange.
      Originally Posted by ShutupAndEarn View Post

      A different domain name or an offer to buy the .com or .net.
      What?
      Originally Posted by JMichaelZ View Post

      Unless your name is your brand, then .me is not going to make a lot of sense.

      Try the .org or something with one hyphen. Or depending on what the name is maybe you could add "my" onto the front or a word like zone, or HQ or something on the end.
      Hq or My wouldn't make sense in the situation, but thanks! As for .org, I don't really think that works very well in this situation, as the name is the brand.
      Originally Posted by flx89 View Post

      If .com, and .net are taken. I would go for .org , .co.uk, com.uk.....even .tv is cool
      Going with .me, but thanks for the reply!

      Originally Posted by goldclubmember View Post

      I'll go for .org and never go for .info as seems like 99% of the .info websites are scams or spams.
      I agree with this, however I'm still going with .me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7080292].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sheila Ross
    You better go for .com or .net. Any of these 2 are good. Good means it sounds easy. Not that you will have some extra SEO benefit. .me and .co can be other best alternatives too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7080399].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Blinking
      Originally Posted by RoseJBell84 View Post

      I would go for .com or .co
      As I said above, .Com is taken, and .co is not something I'm interested in.

      Originally Posted by Sheila Ross View Post

      You better go for .com or .net. Any of these 2 are good. Good means it sounds easy. Not that you will have some extra SEO benefit. .me and .co can be other best alternatives too.

      The parts that I Bold Italicized, and Underlined I don't quite understand, however yes I am going with the .me domain.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7080495].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ShutupAndEarn
    Send an offer to the owner of the .com..... Why must it be the name you trying to get? Do you have an up and running businesses with this name?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7080949].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hatcheck
    It makes absolutely no difference: .com, .net, or .whatever. What matters is the quality of the content on the site, not the dot.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7080958].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Blinking
      Originally Posted by ShutupAndEarn View Post

      Send an offer to the owner of the .com..... Why must it be the name you trying to get? Do you have an up and running businesses with this name?
      The owner wants Over $8,500 for it.. Plus .me is just as good. And no the business is not up and running yet, It's simply something that you couldn't change because it is based upon something that already exists. For example, lets say My site was WarriorForumDeals, it's based off Warriorforum and I can't really change that name. Anyways, my site isn't based off WF, or Deals, but it's just the same. Can't change it.

      Originally Posted by hatcheck View Post

      It makes absolutely no difference: .com, .net, or .whatever. What matters is the quality of the content on the site, not the dot.
      I understand the value of the content, however are you more likely to visit a .com / .net site, or a .biz or .info site? That is the value of the type of domain extension.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7080997].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JuliusT
    Buy them both, it helps keep your branding
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7087614].message }}

Trending Topics