My main source of income is through running an offline SEO agency, and I'm now looking at diversifying my income stream through creating a niche authority site and monetising it (and then replicating in a different niche).
So this is my plan, please be as brutally honest with it and pick out the holes and add suggestions on what to change:
1. Use Market Samurai and Niche Finder (by Brad Callen) to find a high traffic/mid to low competition keywords in a niche where people are already spend money.
2. Buy a domain, set up a wordpress blog and optimise for the main keyword.
3. Drip feed unique, 500 word articles 2-3 times per week until there is a total of 100+ pages of content on the site, in order to pull a good chunk of traffic through random long tail keywords.
4. Backlink for the main keyword (and maybe some variants) in order get ranked and pull the majority of the traffic for the main phrase.
5. Have a free gift for opt in to build email list.
6. When the traffic is at a decent enough level (no idea what that would be) add some affiliate offers, adwords, and other monetisation methods.
Firstly - does this sound doable to actually earn some cash with this? Or is it one of those where it looks good on paper, but in practice it will bring in a few $$ but nothing substantial?
Secondly, I'm unsure of the following:
1. Are market samurai and niche finder worth purchasing and using? Are they still effective in uncovering some gems?
2. Is there a typical wordpress theme that has shown to be good for the ol' niche authority site? As I haven't got a clue what theme to use...
I've had shiny object syndrome for the last few months and have done a little research on nearly everything, so I've decided to take imperfect action and just get stuck in and jump in at the deep end.
I've figured this will only cost a few hundred $ to set up, continually add articles (outsourced) and build the traffic - and then monetise the site. If successful (which I'm certainly expecting it to be), then I'll do the entire process all over again in a different niche, and continue to build until I reach $10-$15k per month...
Hope that ramble made sense and a few Warriors related with the path I'm about to throw myself down...
Apologies for the life story, but would very much appreciate any thoughts/opinions/suggestions/tips or even a reality check