My First Website help needed..

31 replies
Hi there,
I had built a website Get Set Lean, I got started with it thinking of earning through affiliate marketing in health and fitness niche. But now as I built it, I am confused should I promote Clickbank's digital products or Supplements. And if promoting both should I have to create a backlinks of product page or the main site.And please critique my website, and sorry for my poor English thank you.
#needed #website
  • Profile picture of the author DotComBum
    I suggest you try both and see which is more profitable for your site, but most important is to get traffic to your site first.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7134128].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nichecloner
    Nice Site.

    I would focus on driving traffic to the site while trying to build you're list.
    Offer a free report or newsletter of some kind to gain opt-in's.

    Once you start building your list you can sell them any clickbank product or supplements or both. But I think the key is to drive the traffic to you're lead capture page first.

    This is what has worked best for me.

    Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7134141].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author amabaie
      Originally Posted by nichecloner View Post

      Nice Site.

      I would focus on driving traffic to the site while trying to build you're list.
      Offer a free report or newsletter of some kind to gain opt-in's.
      And to build on what Nichecloner said, spread the word hard about it. Use Twitter and FaceBook and MySpace and social bookmarking sites to spread the word. If the free report is good enough - and you can make it good - see if you can get some related, non-competing bloggers to review it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7134254].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Socialbakers
      Originally Posted by nichecloner View Post

      Nice Site.

      I would focus on driving traffic to the site while trying to build you're list.
      Offer a free report or newsletter of some kind to gain opt-in's.

      Once you start building your list you can sell them any clickbank product or supplements or both. But I think the key is to drive the traffic to you're lead capture page first.

      This is what has worked best for me.

      Good luck!
      Agreed! Drive traffic to your site! Get them there first! Good luck!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7184275].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jcarterim
    Thank you so much for replying. Yes I will definitely work for the traffic now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7134175].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jcarterim
    Thank you so much amabaie I'll take that advice.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7134302].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author techotalk
    Originally Posted by jcarterim View Post

    Hi there,
    I had built a website getsetlean.com, I got started with it thinking of earning through affiliate marketing in health and fitness niche. But now as I built it, I am confused should I promote Clickbank's digital products or Supplements. And if promoting both should I have to create a backlinks of product page or the main site.And please critique my website, and sorry for my poor English thank you.
    nice work on site.
    well i would say first start with one market either clickbank or supplements once you get success on any one of them try to work on other (this help you to understand every product personally and give more quality and then quantity ) and them merge both.
    regarding backlink try to focus on your long keyword and main keyword bring traffic from those keyword. Buy fiverr gig for backlink like link pyramid, tweetes, wiki links try every method till you want see result.
    Signature
    ***Fight with Google Like a Boss****

    Be on Top of the Google at just $5

    Google animal fighting Link pyramid GIG
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7134561].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jcarterim
      Originally Posted by techotalk View Post

      nice work on site.
      well i would say first start with one market either clickbank or supplements once you get success on any one of them try to work on other (this help you to understand every product personally and give more quality and then quantity ) and them merge both.
      regarding backlink try to focus on your long keyword and main keyword bring traffic from those keyword. Buy fiverr gig for backlink like link pyramid, tweetes, wiki links try every method till you want see result.
      thank you techotalk, Ok i will start with clickbank.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7134618].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jcarterim
      Originally Posted by Nio93 View Post

      You shouldn't share your website publicly.. unless you want more competition.

      (talking from experience)
      Didn't get you brother..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7134627].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author techotalk
        Originally Posted by jcarterim View Post

        Hi there,
        I had built a website getsetlean.com, I got started with it thinking of earning through affiliate marketing in health and fitness niche. But now as I built it, I am confused should I promote Clickbank's digital products or Supplements. And if promoting both should I have to create a backlinks of product page or the main site.And please critique my website, and sorry for my poor English thank you.
        Originally Posted by jcarterim View Post

        Didn't get you brother..
        he means dont show your website publicly if website having good caliber to earn tons people will steal your idea and can do many other trick to give you negative links
        Signature
        ***Fight with Google Like a Boss****

        Be on Top of the Google at just $5

        Google animal fighting Link pyramid GIG
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7134676].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Build Discipline
    Drive paid for (adwords) traffic directly to your sales page.
    Build backlinks to your homepage and category sites.
    A % of the traffic coming from your backlinks will eventually end up on your sales page if they're interested anyway.
    Signature
    "It was a business doing pleasure with you!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7134634].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author abyssofseo
    Try to increase traffic to your website to make it popular, get some interesting content. After a while add sale pages or advertisements. From what I know, Google doesn't like new websites with many ads from the very begnning.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7134680].message }}
  • You can make big cash from both. I would highly recommend that you do both. It all boils down to how well you convert the traffic.

    Do you know how to convince people to buy supplements or CB products? You cannot just create a page showcasing banner ads of CB products. Either way, as long as you know how to monetize the traffic and actually make your visitors buy, I am sure your site is going to be a success.

    Don't forget to build a list.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7134718].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jcarterim
      Originally Posted by internetmarketer1 View Post

      You can make big cash from both. I would highly recommend that you do both. It all boils down to how well you convert the traffic.

      Do you know how to convince people to buy supplements or CB products? You cannot just create a page showcasing banner ads of CB products. Either way, as long as you know how to monetize the traffic and actually make your visitors buy, I am sure your site is going to be a success.

      Don't forget to build a list.
      Plz review my Sales page,i just created it.
      getsetlean.com/products/anabolic-cooking-review
      what changes do i need?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7137023].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jacob Pionke
        Your sales page looks good, there is info, there is pictures it makes me want to go and check it out so its good
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7137361].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author celente
      Originally Posted by internetmarketer1 View Post

      You can make big cash from both. I would highly recommend that you do both. It all boils down to how well you convert the traffic.

      Do you know how to convince people to buy supplements or CB products? You cannot just create a page showcasing banner ads of CB products. Either way, as long as you know how to monetize the traffic and actually make your visitors buy, I am sure your site is going to be a success.

      Don't forget to build a list.
      yes listbuilding is key, then second comes down to traffic adn coverting that traffic.

      When you have your first website it is easy to give up. 90% of users online do, maybe the numbers are actually higher than that.

      Test, tweak, and then test and tweak and you will get to know what works and what doesnt. By the time you build your second and third site you will have a good handle on things.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7137803].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jcarterim
    Thank you everyone, Learning a lot here and also feeling motivated thank you all.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7134763].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author andy mac
    Hey get over to facebook, you have over 25 likes and get your vanity url under:

    Edit Page

    Update Info

    Under username, get your name GetSetLean registered

    Do it now, before someone else does
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7137498].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jcarterim
      Originally Posted by andy mac View Post

      Hey get over to facebook, you have over 25 likes and get your vanity url under:

      Edit Page

      Update Info

      Under username, get your name GetSetLean registered

      Do it now, before someone else does
      Thank you so much andy mac,Just did it phew.thank you again.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7137549].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author andy mac
        Originally Posted by jcarterim View Post

        Thank you so much andy mac,Just did it phew.thank you again.
        Now you have facebook.com/GetSetLean cool!!

        Now do the same at twitter, pinterest, and YouTube. They are all great ways to drive traffic as you progress.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7137600].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author andy mac
          Hi again, another point, take the Like Us Now off the cover photo on Facebook as you should not have calls to action on the cover photo, its one of Facebook rules else they may penalise you.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7137635].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author heman1320
      Loving all the support... great site by the way, keep it up and get those backlinks out there!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7181156].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jcarterim
    thank you celente,Yes I will focus on traffic and list building. No I wont give up on this,i will test & tweak until it works.
    Could you review my Sales page,
    getsetlean.com/products/anabolic-cooking-review
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7139898].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Anthony171
    Get some traffic first and then you can use both if you want.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7181234].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MLMBrander
    PROS:
    -the site is sleek and is very light to look at
    -the slideshow connects to the audience
    -neatly placed capture form
    -nice inclusion of social media

    CONS:
    -add more about yourself and what you can do for visitors
    -your capture form needs some tweaks -learn more about adding sales funnels
    -content is king (add more pages -the more pages you add the more related products you can pitch with your viewers)
    -a chat support will be a huge++ (once you start getting more traffic)

    Cheers!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7181237].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Anthony171
    Great site, keep up the good work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7181244].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MLMBrander
    -If you need a more detailed discussion about Traffic Building and Optimizing your Squeeze/Sales Pages just pm me.

    Goodluck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7181251].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve L
    You may even want to offer weight loss coaching as a way to monetize your blog
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7181538].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author murtuza
    you really have to test what is converting better, either CB products or supplements. However the first thing you must do is drive traffic, build a list and ask them their problems. When you get 50 responses from your subscribers telling u their problems you will get to know what they need and then give them based on their needs.

    Secondly you must focus in creating a content site. Get all your links to your content pages and then promote your products in the resource box of your articles on your website or in the navigation areas. However, focus all your efforts in building your list and then building relationship with them...

    Here's the formula to internet success...

    Traffic -> Leads -> Relationship -> Sales
    Signature

    Want to know my true story & how I got started with my internet business? What kind of problems I faced to get started & how I finally cracked the internet code? I have also prepared a 30 day blueprint for you to get started. No signup is required, just rush in to check out pure content ==> how to start an online business - And yeah, if you like what you read don't forget to 'like' & 'tweet' it. All the best :0)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7182024].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steve L
      Originally Posted by murtuza View Post

      you really have to test what is converting better, either CB products or supplements. However the first thing you must do is drive traffic, build a list and ask them their problems. When you get 50 responses from your subscribers telling u their problems you will get to know what they need and then give them based on their needs.

      Secondly you must focus in creating a content site. Get all your links to your content pages and then promote your products in the resource box of your articles on your website or in the navigation areas. However, focus all your efforts in building your list and then building relationship with them...

      Here's the formula to internet success...

      Traffic -> Leads -> Relationship -> Sales
      I like it! Most leave out the "relationship" part.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7182076].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dengkane
    I suggest you build a squeeze page and begin to build a list for your niche markets.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7184652].message }}

Trending Topics