1 Month: 463 visitors, 66 signup, 13 sales! Is that good?

28 replies
I bought a software to create animation video presentation.
The seller gave me an affiliate code automatically.
I used it to create a simple sample, that even not good in my opinion.
Put it on youtube without any SEO in my mind.
I put my cloacked affiliate link there.

Now after about 1 month...
The youtube video didn't make upto 400 views.
Or it did, but I just didn't know it or how!?!

However... when I check in my affiliate page,
I get 463 visitors until today.
66 Signup from it... and turn a 13 sales...
is giving me about $150.

Is that good for I'm not doing nothing?
Just create a video and upload it on YouTube and then forget it?

Is it because of the software is good? Or my simple video title?
Or my simple explanation there? Or what?

I am just surprised with my self.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Owid.-
#463 #affiliate #affiliate link #good #month #sales #signup #visitors #whiteboard animation #youtube
  • Profile picture of the author RedShifted
    If you're saying you made 1 youtube video, had no idea what you're doing, and generated 13 sales, then yes, thats good.

    I would also say its a good time to start promoting that video.

    =]

    ps. Just want to make sure but you're promoting the same software you made the video with? Talk about taking action lol.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7146125].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author superowid
    RedShifted,

    Yes. I promote the software I use to create the video itself.
    I guess I made a stupid thing here... where people tend to get the software,
    rather then hire me to create their video with that software. LOL.

    At this stage, I've made 3 videos in the month. All have link to my affiliate page.
    Today I see the total views on all 3 are about 500 views.
    And I never do anything else, except checking the views every couple days.

    At least I got my money back to pay the software.

    Thanks for comment.
    Signature

    I'm learning to draw again ...
    I want to sell my drawing later on!
    Wish me luck, okay?!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7146142].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RedShifted
    Hey man nothing is stupid about making money. =]
    Especially like this.

    I've made so many videos with good video software but never once considered promoting the software itself. Not sure why, but it never crossed my mind. Same thing with the audio software I use. Its expensive software, I'm an expert at using it, but never once became an affiliate for the software (just starting to realize how ignorant I am).

    I've also been doing well selling videos to small businesses, so I honestly like what you did here. You can sell videos, promote video software, use videos to promote other software, use video to sell your own products. There are so many ways to make money with video. Which is why I love it!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7146174].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author superowid
    Well, I was thinking that I could make more with my service.
    Already created 2 videos with the software for 3 minutes or less.
    Got paid around $250 in just a week.

    That's where I think affiliate should not be my goal.
    But, now... considering doing nothing then upload a simple video to YouTube
    and make money with it... is giving me a new horizon.

    Thanks.
    Signature

    I'm learning to draw again ...
    I want to sell my drawing later on!
    Wish me luck, okay?!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7146245].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marketwarrior06
    Banned
    Without any doubt its cool. You should take it seriously now make the 150$ to 15000$. just by doing some good SEO and More videos.
    thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7146720].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jimmyjackson
    Wow that's a great result, considering the sales were "accidental".

    Are you capturing the emails of the people making the purchase or sending them straight into your affiliated partners sales funnel?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7146792].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GaurabBorah
    You are making this money without trying. Why don't you work more on it and make more. Definitely worth putting some of your efforts into it.
    Signature
    [WSOTD] Easy STEP-BY-STEP $50-$100/Day Posting Lame FB Ads!*WARRIORS MAKING MONEY*(New Social PROOF)...Click here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7146811].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author techbul
    I think it's pretty good for only one video by any standards. Now scale it up and upload 10 more videos. If it's a simple task, get somebody else to do it for you.
    The sky is the limit my friend.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7146821].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnland
    Thats outstanding for just 1 video without any promotions.

    Now Imagine uploading 5 videos everyday and just promoting them a bit so they rank in google aswell and you can earn more than enough for a full time living!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7146866].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author daintyg21
    is that good? did you just see my new post i posted 10 minutes ago? well in my book it is good since am making not even close.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7146898].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SEO Haven
    Cool man, that's very good for doing nothing
    Signature
    All-In-One SEO & Marketing Service
    If you want the upper hand over your competitors, here's your chance.
    SEO, SMM, Google Local Optimization & Professional Internet Marketing done-for-you.
    Never worry about Traffic & Lead Generation again! Click Here for more info.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7147068].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 300SMG
    I love when a plan comes together..even if it's by accident
    Signature

    Don't focus on the money - focus on the plan!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7147208].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author celente
    OMG! That is awesome, hardly anywork for recurring money.

    You are onto a winner there,

    WHy are you not outsourcing and adding more videos to more directories and doing 1 video a day SEO'ed and even more review videos. You would be making probably 20 sales a day, with the right outsourcer.

    Go hard. Once you find something that works like this just upscale and outsource.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7147653].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mickyl
    It's great, and now it's time to try to double your success. It seems like there is a demand for what you are selling and with the right promotion you might make more money and have some more success.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7147758].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PerformanceMan
    Ok, I'll bite. What is the amazing software that did this?
    Signature
    Free Special Report on Mindset - Level Up with Positive Thinking
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7147770].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author misterme
    No it's not good because you haven't any idea why it's working. So you haven't gained any experience or knowledge to apply to anything else with which to grow. And if this stops working you won't know what to do and how to fix it.
    Signature
    "Best book on answering objections I have seen... it's for photographers but it has brilliant techniques you can use in any business." - Claude Whitacre. When They Say That, You Say This (Amazon Kindle)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7147858].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author superowid
      Thank you all for your sharing here. Really appreciate it.



      Originally Posted by jimmyjackson View Post

      Wow that's a great result, considering the sales were "accidental".

      Are you capturing the emails of the people making the purchase or sending them straight into your affiliated partners sales funnel?
      They all went straight away to the software-developer page. I don't even know who buy it and make me commission from. Just a number and nice cash on my PayPal.



      Originally Posted by PerformanceMan View Post

      Ok, I'll bite. What is the amazing software that did this?
      It's a video presentation software where I can render my own drawing into a speed drawing whiteboard animation video (which I think is a trend now in video marketing).
      Search youtube with "whiteboard animation software" and you might find my video.



      Originally Posted by misterme View Post

      No it's not good because you haven't any idea why it's working. So you haven't gained any experience or knowledge to apply to anything else with which to grow. And if this stops working you won't know what to do and how to fix it.
      That's what I want to point about. So, I wonder if the software itself is having that magic keys. As I don't even understand how to put the SEO or keyword tactic on the video.

      I also wonder if I could find other great product like this, that comes new-brand and has good demand in the market trend, to get in just like the previous one.
      That would be wonderful!

      Thanks.
      Signature

      I'm learning to draw again ...
      I want to sell my drawing later on!
      Wish me luck, okay?!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7149203].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author aaaa33030
        Originally Posted by superowid View Post

        Thank you all for your sharing here. Really appreciate it.





        They all went straight away to the software-developer page. I don't even know who buy it and make me commission from. Just a number and nice cash on my PayPal.





        It's a video presentation software where I can render my own drawing into a speed drawing whiteboard animation video (which I think is a trend now in video marketing).
        Search youtube with "whiteboard animation software" and you might find my video.





        That's what I want to point about. So, I wonder if the software itself is having that magic keys. As I don't even understand how to put the SEO or keyword tactic on the video.

        I also wonder if I could find other great product like this, that comes new-brand and has good demand in the market trend, to get in just like the previous one.
        That would be wonderful!

        Thanks.

        Anything dealing with whiteboard animation is a currently popular trend.
        Traffic is being automatically driven to your videos because of the keyword "whiteboard animation".
        The viewers are interested in what the software can do in terms of whiteboard animation therefore they are compelled to buy the software
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8748426].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author juntenx
    animated video is more interesting to watch, it's very good
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8747710].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author IMProductReviews
      What software is it if you dont mind sharing
      Signature

      [B]~Louis Betts~

      Discover: “Here’s How YOU Can Start Making Money Online Today Using a Fool-Proof “Done For You” Digital Franchise System“

      Click Here To Find Out More
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8747769].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author masterqif
    Yes, it is great! you got 13 sales
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8748371].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8748384].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JRJWrites
    Originally Posted by superowid View Post

    I am just surprised with my self.
    I am too!

    Originally Posted by superowid View Post

    What do you think?
    Time to scale - you did it with one video, you can do it with one thousand. You got 13 sales with 400 views - you can get 130 with 4000.

    Since it's YT, consider hitting up the Social Media Marketing section of WF to find answers on how to scale.

    Cheers!
    JR John
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8748728].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ian Jackson
      IMHO, no it isn't good. You have neither a sustainable business or an income - unless you know how to repeat it. What I mean is, if it disappears for some reason, any reason, what will you do? Unless you know and understand how the elements and components work, now can you relt on this strategy?

      Again, and only IMHO, it appears that perhaps you got lucky - what do you think?

      Now, IF you CAN and DO repeat this and get the same (or better) results... that's a different thing entirely, and well done.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8748751].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jgant
    On the one hand you're not sure why it's working, but that's okay because you'll learn soon enough as you're no doubt motivated to continue.

    On the other hand, you've discovered a simple model that works (sell by demonstration).

    If it works for one type of software, do it for another software and more vids for the software you started with.

    If you're serious with this, I'd create a website you own for a longer-term asset. You don't own YouTube. You seem to be in the video marketing niche which could be a big site on its own.
    Signature
    How I hit $10,000+ per month very fast w/ 1 niche blog - Click Here to learn more (no opt-in).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8753530].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DanielCart
    this is actually awesome. Well done. You have a natural talent for doing this - so I would create more videos on other channels selling similar line products.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8753562].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author superowid
      WOW...!!
      I really appreciate you guys who respond my thread after a year passed by.

      Yes. I've learnt a lot since.
      Now, I know about list-building, advertising my aff-link, create back-linking, etc. And still I am learning more & more here.

      Just want to update... that the video I've created still on my youtube.
      It's getting slower on view as it's 1 years old (more) already.
      But... it still sent me commission about $400-$500/monthly consistently.
      And... I never do anything since the first time I upload it.
      Also I don't change anything on it until now.


      Originally Posted by juntenx View Post

      animated video is more interesting to watch, it's very good
      Originally Posted by IMProductReviews View Post

      What software is it if you dont mind sharing
      Whiteboard Animation Software by sparkol.com

      Originally Posted by masterqif View Post

      Yes, it is great! you got 13 sales
      Originally Posted by thelawlessone View Post

      Scale it up!
      Originally Posted by aaaa33030 View Post

      Anything dealing with whiteboard animation is a currently popular trend.
      Traffic is being automatically driven to your videos because of the keyword "whiteboard animation".
      The viewers are interested in what the software can do in terms of whiteboard animation therefore they are compelled to buy the software
      Originally Posted by JRJWrites View Post

      I am too!

      Time to scale - you did it with one video, you can do it with one thousand. You got 13 sales with 400 views - you can get 130 with 4000.

      Since it's YT, consider hitting up the Social Media Marketing section of WF to find answers on how to scale.

      Cheers!
      JR John
      Thanks. BTW... It's a high competition by now.

      Originally Posted by Ian Jackson View Post

      IMHO, no it isn't good. You have neither a sustainable business or an income - unless you know how to repeat it. What I mean is, if it disappears for some reason, any reason, what will you do? Unless you know and understand how the elements and components work, now can you relt on this strategy?

      Again, and only IMHO, it appears that perhaps you got lucky - what do you think?

      Now, IF you CAN and DO repeat this and get the same (or better) results... that's a different thing entirely, and well done.
      Agreed. That's why I got my passion to stay on this forum and learn a lot, especially on traffic (getting visitors).

      Originally Posted by jgant View Post

      On the one hand you're not sure why it's working, but that's okay because you'll learn soon enough as you're no doubt motivated to continue.

      On the other hand, you've discovered a simple model that works (sell by demonstration).

      If it works for one type of software, do it for another software and more vids for the software you started with.

      If you're serious with this, I'd create a website you own for a longer-term asset. You don't own YouTube. You seem to be in the video marketing niche which could be a big site on its own.
      Appreciate your advice.
      However at this moment I just kind like fall in love with youtube.
      I want to go deeper with it.

      Originally Posted by DanielCart View Post

      this is actually awesome. Well done. You have a natural talent for doing this - so I would create more videos on other channels selling similar line products.
      Thanks. That's my plan.
      I wonder to find such great product like sparkol has.
      I think it's easy to promote favorite product like that.

      -----------------
      Signature

      I'm learning to draw again ...
      I want to sell my drawing later on!
      Wish me luck, okay?!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8796899].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Content Commando
    I love stories like this.

    Like another poster pointed out, you really have no idea how it's working.......but that doesn't mean you can't find out. Test the waters a bit by creating more videos. Try other software affiliates and see what happens.
    Signature
    One article received 10,519 social shares! Become a true authority within any niche INSTANTLY by investing in a proven content writer.

    Don't believe me? Click
    HERE
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8796962].message }}

Trending Topics