Do you believe in the easy "push button" more than "hard work"?

by Gerald Arno Banned
26 replies
Think about how many products you recently bought that promised immense results in a short period of time. Then think about how much you actually made from applying the information from these products. You will come to the conclusion that hype owned you and that you didn't really put in enough effort to make it work.

It's actually not your fault, because there are so many marketers who are trying to persuade you that the easy way exists, but it's fake.

The only thing that will ever get you to where you want is the right business model and the right work ethic. You can only succeed by owning both components.

How often did you buy a product that underscored that you can make money fast without developing the proper skills?
#easy #hard work #push button
  • Profile picture of the author nmvt
    There's no such thing as a push button method. Running a IM business is just that..a business! You have to create a following, build relationships, have great & innovative products that will add value to your niche. You want people to buy from your for years to come, not just one-time. The only people who search for push buttons are people who are lazy and are usually the ones who complain and give up after a short period of time. If you treat IM seriously and not just for monetary gain,you will have much success!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7155727].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gpwilson
    I agree with you. I think maximum newbie makes this mistake at the early stage of their journey. They thought that they would be huge within very short period of time. Think about it again bro. There is no place to be huge within very short period of time in this vast field. You need to start your journey with whatever you know. When you would start your journey and if you have desire to get succeed then you better know what should do and what should not do.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7155800].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author john-7665
    One thing is sure : what sounds to good to be true, it is to god to be true. People who are new in the Internet marketing and business usually fall for this promises and spend money on products which will do more harm than good. Every good thing in life can be obtained only by hard work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7155859].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Raydal
    There are two sides to the "push button" (PB) idea of making
    money. I've made money online using the PB method.

    I bought a software that spit out websites that made me a
    lot of money from Adsense. Of course this doesn't work
    as easily as it did back then but the fact is, it was about
    the easiest money I made online.

    There was one marketer, new, fresh and young who was
    smart enough to get some well-known people to create
    a product for him for free and used their fame to make
    a lot of money--that was easy money.

    Saying that there are no easy ways to make money
    is like saying that money cannot make you happy.
    Tell that to the homeless guy and he'll laugh in your
    face. Tell that to the billionaire and he'll agree with
    you.

    So that statement that money cannot make you happy
    can be true or false depending one how much money
    you already have.

    I've sweated blood writing sales letters which made me a lot
    less money than products I created in just a few hours.
    I got paid once (maybe my fault) writing those sales
    letters but I got paid over and over again for the
    products I created.

    The point here is that hard work doesn't always
    translate into success and more money. If you
    are rowing with one oar you'll be doing a lot of
    hard work and keep going in circles.

    I'm all for hard work and the work ethic, but
    to say that there are no easy ways and
    shortcuts is just not true. There are easy ways
    to make money and there are hard ways, and most
    people want to think that there are only easy ways
    hence the sales angle.

    -Ray Edwards
    Signature
    The most powerful and concentrated copywriting training online today bar none! Autoresponder Writing Email SECRETS
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7155900].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gerald Arno
      Banned
      Ray, sounds good what you are writing here.

      The point I'm trying to make is that the easy way doesn't exist when you first start off. Most people simple don't have the capabilities to celebrate 4 figure days on a consistent basis, but that doesn't mean that they are not able to get there.

      The money you make almost always equals your skill level.

      I'm sure that you know very well how easy making money becomes once you developed a certain skill. You work to the point where making money becomes easy, and to get there you need to SWEAT.

      You scale yourself up through TRUE SWEAT, and that sweat is your marketing equity.

      I'm a true believer in real value and hard work. These are the only things that worked for me and these are the only things that I teach.

      Originally Posted by Raydal View Post

      There are two sides to the "push button" (PB) idea of making
      money. I've made money online using the PB method.

      I bought a software that spit out websites that made me a
      lot of money from Adsense. Of course this doesn't work
      as easily as it did back then but the fact is, it was about
      the easiest money I made online.

      There was one marketer, new, fresh and young who was
      smart enough to get some well-known people to create
      a product for him for free and used their fame to make
      a lot of money--that was easy money.

      Saying that there are no easy ways to make money
      is like saying that money cannot make you happy.
      Tell that to the homeless guy and he'll laugh in your
      face. Tell that to the billionaire and he'll agree with
      you.

      So that statement that money cannot make you happy
      can be true or false depending one how much money
      you already have.

      I've sweated blood writing sales letters which made me a lot
      less money than products I created in just a few hours.
      I got paid once (maybe my fault) writing those sales
      letters but I got paid over and over again for the
      products I created.

      The point here is that hard work doesn't always
      translate into success and more money. If you
      are rowing with one oar you'll be doing a lot of
      hard work and keep going in circles.

      I'm all for hard work and the work ethic, but
      to say that there are no easy ways and
      shortcuts is just not true. There are easy ways
      to make money and there are hard ways, and most
      people want to think that there are only easy ways
      hence the sales angle.

      -Ray Edwards
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7156622].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paul nicholls
    Although most people will say that they don`t believe in push button riches it is not actually true

    If it were true then so many push button riches products would of never been released

    These idiots that sell all the push button riches products know there market and they know with the right marketing and a killer sales copy they will sell thousands of dollars worth of products

    Do you remember that product "stripped down profits" i think it`s called?

    Well another forum im part of we were discussing how bad this product looks with all the fake strippers pretending to be successful online marketers that have made millions

    There were quite a few people from the forum that said they actually bought the product

    I was pretty amazed that they bought into it as some of them were not exactly complete newbies either

    All these push button riches products are complete garbage however the sick thing is, is that people still buy them

    Paul
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7156088].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gerald Arno
      Banned
      A screaming product always attracts screaming people. While those people might make the first initial sale quite often, that doesn't mean that the make the most amount in terms of selling future products or coaching programs.

      A screaming product will rarely attract a high level person, because the high level person doesn't believe in this sort of product.

      That's why considering your targeted market is key for your income. You cannot market a high end coaching program to a person who simple doesn't have the money to ever buy it.

      Some people stopped coaching students who are unwilling to work hard because it's bad for the coach and the student. There is no point in coaching someone who is not 100% into it. You are not going to build your brand this way nor is the other person going to make money.


      Originally Posted by paul nicholls View Post

      Although most people will say that they don`t believe in push button riches it is not actually true

      If it were true then so many push button riches products would of never been released

      These idiots that sell all the push button riches products know there market and they know with the right marketing and a killer sales copy they will sell thousands of dollars worth of products

      Do you remember that product "stripped down profits" i think it`s called?

      Well another forum im part of we were discussing how bad this product looks with all the fake strippers pretending to be successful online marketers that have made millions

      There were quite a few people from the forum that said they actually bought the product

      I was pretty amazed that they bought into it as some of them were not exactly complete newbies either

      All these push button riches products are complete garbage however the sick thing is, is that people still buy them

      Paul
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7159083].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author E. Brian Rose
    Do you believe in the easy "push button" more than "hard work"?


    That's like asking if I believe in unicorns more than horses. If I had my way, there would be unicorns everywhere, especially the cool flying kind, but that just isn't the case. The same goes for push button get rich quick programs.
    Signature

    Founder of JVZoo. All around good guy :)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7156634].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cjreynolds
      Originally Posted by E. Brian Rose View Post

      [/B]That's like asking if I believe in unicorns more than horses. If I had my way, there would be unicorns everywhere, especially the cool flying kind, but that just isn't the case. The same goes for push button get rich quick programs.
      No flying unicorns??!!! DAMN!
      Signature

      I just added this sig so I can refer to it in my posts...

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7159383].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gerald Arno
      Banned
      Originally Posted by E. Brian Rose View Post

      [/B]That's like asking if I believe in unicorns more than horses. If I had my way, there would be unicorns everywhere, especially the cool flying kind, but that just isn't the case. The same goes for push button get rich quick programs.
      Anything that you choose to do or get in life is the result of your beliefs.

      If you prefer to live in a big city rather than outside a city, it means that you belief in the big city lifestyle more than the countryside lifestyle.

      The same is true for people who are buying products that promise an immense return in a very short period of time WITHOUT putting in the work that it takes to actually make the idea profitable.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7159400].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Daniel Evans
        There is easy money to be made.

        The key is first knowing this and having the intuition to recognise prospective leads separating the wheat from the chaff, then acting on it with absolute confidence.

        Push button software is only one supposed method of earning money easily and doesn't represent or resemble the thousand other possible ways.

        Daniel
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7159544].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IMDealBox
    There can be push button riches...but it requires a lot of hard work that leads up to that!

    Like if you worked for 5 years on building a list: All you have to do after that is to keep the list happy and email them the best of the best products!
    Signature
    I.M Hound: Intelligent Business Solutions & I.M News
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7156734].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cashp0wer
      Exactly, after years of hard work it can be almost like push button work that is very easy. It takes time to get to that point though.
      Signature
      My Internet Marketing Blog - Warts And All!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7156770].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Eduard
        I do believe in the old "work smarter not harder" adage. And I also believe in passive income. But I definitely don't believe in push button solutions that require no work. not even in the beginning. I think they're just a nice fantasy some marketers exploit to get gullible people to buy their products.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7156786].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Walter Parrish
          I don't know exactly what push button means to my fellow warriors, but to me it means making things work as easy as possible automatically.

          So, I agree with those who said it takes hard work, and I would run in the other direction from those who are not striving to put their business on automatic working smartly and efficiently.

          I mean you really got to think about this, because we could be working hard sending out ads through the mail lolol. Isn't the internet push button? or would you rather be somewhere on your type writer? firing off things the good ole fashion way, planning that weekend horse and buggy ride lol.

          The internet makes my business automatic, wordpress makes my business automatic, plugins make my business automatic, I strive for a business that can run automatically, just like the major corps do.
          Signature
          Use Feeder Sites, Articles, And Social Media Sites To Generate Unstoppable Traffic, FREE! Click Here Now To Get It For FREE
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7159128].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author himanuzo
    I don't believe all "magic button" softwares can make anyone get rich overnight.

    Everyone who want to be rich through the internet marketing, must make a good business plan, implement and evaluate it. This definitely need hark work to complete a goal. Maybe 2 - 5 years. Persistence is the key to success an online business.

    So don't waste your money for any "magic button" softwares.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7159449].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author travlinguy
    Push button courses exist because people, mainly newbies, want to believe they work. Buying that stuff is part of the rites of passage in business, especially online marketing. But after the first few, many people realize they've effectively paid the "stupid tax" and have gone on to work at building legit businesses rather than some drive-by system that never had a chance to begin with.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7159496].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gerald Arno
      Banned
      Originally Posted by travlinguy View Post

      Push button courses exist because people, mainly newbies, want to believe they work. Buying that stuff is part of the rites of passage in business, especially online marketing. But after the first few, many people realize they've effectively paid the "stupid tax" and have gone on to work at building legit businesses rather than some drive-by system that never had a chance to begin with.
      There are so many people who are doing exactly the opposite of what they want.

      They really want to sell high end products, but the language of their sales page is just not attracting and persuading high end people.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7208037].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BrunoA
    One must remember that the people selling 'autopilot' and 'pushbutton' systems are selling a fantasy, not a money making method. It is a different niche altogether, more comparable to selling novels and pornography than practical marketing guides. The main target market are people that on a deep level think they cannot succeed at IM but would like fodder for their fantasies of success. That's why the sales pitch often involves things like sums of money being added together (I made $435 on my first day, $661 on my second, $15444 by the end of the month) - an easy way to fantasize because it feels almost realistic and tangible.

    Truth is, it does take a lot of hard work to succeed in marketing. Not necessarily direct hard work, but a lot of time spent developing the empathy and understanding of your target market required to get real money from them. The people selling autopilot methods (just like the PUAs and many of the weight loss/fitness product sellers) know that many people want a fantasy MORE than they want real results that take time and effort and original thought. That is the secret that gave them success. Arriving at that secret and developing its potential is work, whether you call it that or not - it takes a lot of trial and error and thought - and the same goes for anybody getting consistent success in a niche.

    To expand on that, the only reason to fail at IM is to lack understanding of your target market. If you lack social skills there is a very high chance you will fail at IM, because you will fail to treat your visitors/market as human beings (even if you don't realise that). It's a shame because IM attracts many people who lack social skills (because it's behind the computer), and then they cannot get any real success and don't understand why.

    If you're serious about success on the internet you need to research and come up with unique spins on what you discover, pushbutton methods will never last or make a real income. If you feel you are unable to be creative or perform social research then you would do well to either change your mindset or give up entirely.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7159600].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Larry Leggett
    If you see any Push button methods, stay away from them. They will have beautiful words to attract you but they will lead you towards failure. Hard works always paid.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7159605].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AllRoundBanners
    I've fallen to this trap a couple of times...yet, you know, you definitely get to know the chops of the business...and, yes, a well-convened and constructed plan will most definitely help your business rise. That being said, it's usually all the weeks and months of getting the initial start-up of the business that bears the more arduous moments...once you've gotten it all out-on-the-table, so to speak...I guess the ride gets a bit more comfortable!

    All the Best, fellow warriors!

    - AllRoundBanners
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7208107].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author myws6
    push button is a bait to get newbies
    all good site need hardwork/smartwork, no push button can create these ROI sites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7212627].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ppenguin
    None of that pushbutton stuff ever works. It all takes effort even if someone drops a good business model right in your lap. This is why so many fail to make a living online.
    Signature

    This 5 minute video could add years to your life, can you afford not to watch? Watch Now!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7213137].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shawoon98
    Originally Posted by GeraldGigerl View Post

    Think about how many products you recently bought that promised immense results in a short period of time. Then think about how much you actually made from applying the information from these products. You will come to the conclusion that hype owned you and that you didn't really put in enough effort to make it work.
    Almost all ads have some hypes in it. Question is, what have you bought the product for? Is it for serving a particular purpose or a push button to recharge your bank balance? The first one works. Second one not. Then you have to use the right product to the right services. For an example, if you buy a link building wp plugin to build links and promote clickbank products, you are dreaming. On the other hand, buy a developer version of the link building plugin and sell it to your offline clients to boost their site's SEO. It's just an example. There are hundreds of examples like this. So, applying the information or product absolutely depends on you.

    It's actually not your fault, because there are so many marketers who are trying to persuade you that the easy way exists, but it's fake.
    Did you try a product exactly what it says before you say it's fake? People basically build products in 3 ways-

    1. Modify other's products, make a new one and sell. Both the products basically do the same. So, if you don't like one, you'll not like the other one too.

    2. Find some real needs of a group of people and sell solutions to them.

    3. Build a product from their money making experience.

    You can't judge a product unless you follow it 100%. If a software doesn't work or a pdf doesn't open, contact their support. If you really don't like at all, ask for refund.


    The only thing that will ever get you to where you want is the right business model and the right work ethic. You can only succeed by owning both components.
    Absolutely right. That must be chosen by you. And it's no product maker's fault. No product is bad just because you didn't like it or the product doesn't show "RIGHT BUSINESS MODEL" for you.

    How often did you buy a product that underscored that you can make money fast without developing the proper skills?
    I have a plan of using the product first. I buy it. I use it. I make money with it. Always. Thanks to all the sellers that sold to me and all the affiliates that mailed me even if many of they were spams. All of them led me to some new ideas to make money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7214291].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author williamcurti
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7214354].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jesse L
      Originally Posted by williamcurti View Post

      Acquire a back link from high pr sites

      Ahhh, the secret is out now....
      Signature

      The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will. – Vince Lambardi

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7214570].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author visimedia
    in the beginning of my IM career I bought some push button product , but now I buy products that support my business, so no instant money. Everybody knows that right now, because I'm sure that people in IM niche are getting more savvy day by day. =)
    Signature

    Waktunya belajar trading investing fokus hasil : https://1click.trade
    saham amerika

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7214387].message }}

Trending Topics