I've dabbled in internet marketing for quite a few years. Learnt the methods of Ed Dale's 'Challenge' back when it was the 30 Day Challenge. Those skills set me up in a career that's now led to me developing big and expensive websites for a living. I haven't made any money from selling my own products or affiliate products, but for the companies that I've worked for and clients I've made websites for I've used my skills in SEO to get them to number one rankings in Google. They, however, did the selling once they got the traffic.
Great, you might think. You may also think I'd have no problem getting an internet business off the ground. Well maybe it's just my mindset as a web developer that is restricting me - i just don't know.
The reason I made a new thread:
I don't really want to make websites for the rest of my life even though I'm good at it. My dream is to become a Visual Effects artist and work on making films.
I need a way of generating £30,000 to fund my education, and to live without a job for the duration of studying to become a visual effects artist.
I'm asking you guys (who I expect are a mixture of experienced and successful internet marketers) to recommend me a proven business model which has the following characteristics:
- has the capability to earn me £30,000 in or around 6 months.
- is something that once I get to that £30,000 goal, I can walk away from it and get on with my studies OR is easy to manage for 2 hours per week to earn a trickle of money in the background. I emphasize that I don't want something that's high maintenance ONCE I start my studies. I don't mind hard work up until that point.
And to give you my skill set:
- I'm a PHP web developer with 5 years under my belt - lots of sites big and small, can confidently do very advanced stuff.
- I know SEO too.
- I'm great with videos (I'm already at a novice visual effects artist level)
- I work full time
- I don't have much budget for things such as PPC, however I'm not ruling that out.
- I feel kind of guilty charging money for things I've made - mindset issue i guess - I have thought about selling products in the past, but can't seem to get over that awkward bit of asking "give me money". (any tips on that? haha)
If there's an opportunity I'd love to team up with an experienced internet marketer and help in all ways that I can - especially with making websites and advanced coding things - but with views of earning some of the profit perhaps.
So I'm going to be really appreciative of any helpful responses that can hopefully guide me down one path of a tried and tested business model that will fit my needs. I'm willing to get hard to work on this. I find that there's so much doubt and ambiguity in internet marketing methods it's hard to know what to do to actually make some money. This has put me off before. Please help!