What are some computer niches?

30 replies
Hey Warriors,

I am need of help. Could you gives give me some niches within the computer market. You guys might already know that I love computers. I have this ebook from Mark Ling. He describes that it would help if you actually enjoy your niche you have selected. I am actually wondering if the computer niche is really a good niche to get into. What you do you guys think? Do you enjoy the niche you have selected? Like do y'all select niches that you enjoy the most?
#computer #niches
  • Profile picture of the author betterwtveter
    Is it hardware of software. I have a friend who buys and sells mass amounts of computer supplies buy taking old computers, upgrades the software systems in the computer to make it faster and sells it for a lot of money. He makes about 5k out of it each month, but you may need a storage facility to do this.
    Software is a different story and takes a lot of talent and education to make such a software that will attract a lot of buyer. Or you can find freelancers to make you a software that may cost a ton of money to make.
    Last thing is to become an affiliate to computer hardware and software provider that already have a warehouse for the parts or rights to the software. All you need to do promote the stuff. I hope this helps and wish you much luck. I commend you looking for a business that you will truly appreciate.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7216286].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
    I want to use Tech Geek to help people solve there computer problems and try to start a list and see it a list is suitable for the computer niche I'll be in.
    Signature

    Sincerely,
    Zack Sprague

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7216298].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fin
    This is in no way a niche because I don't know anything about computers, but it could be something like - speed up your computer, etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7216356].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
      Originally Posted by fin View Post

      This is in no way a niche because I don't know anything about computers, but it could be something like - speed up your computer, etc.
      I know I just want to know if I going into the computer niche is profitable. I just wanted to some examples of some specific computer niches
      Signature

      Sincerely,
      Zack Sprague

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7216375].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author fin
        Originally Posted by Zack Sprague View Post

        I know I just want to know if I going into the computer niche is profitable. I just wanted to some examples of some specific computer niches
        Help someone by: speeding work up, saving them money, making something less stressful, etc.

        You'll definitely make money.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7216897].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
          Originally Posted by fin View Post

          Help someone by: speeding work up, saving them money, making something less stressful, etc.

          You'll definitely make money.
          Would it be worth signing up to a newsletter series?
          Signature

          Sincerely,
          Zack Sprague

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7216927].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Lucian Lada
            Originally Posted by Zack Sprague View Post

            Would it be worth signing up to a newsletter series?
            Yes, of course. I would. Just the other day, I was looking for ways to clean up my C:\ drive, and I stumbled upon a great video that showed me how to use CCleaner and erase like 2 gb of worthless data, making more room. I was really content with the advice, and I would trust that person's product recommendations.

            I don't know if this actually fits the "speed up your PC" niche, but you could follow the same idea in the "speed up your PC" niche, and provide techniques that go very well with paid software (assuming there's an affiliate program available for that piece of software).

            And also, make sure you position yourself right in the market, or set yourself a part: speeding up your PC is good, but it's too general. You might want to try things like "how to prevent your PC's obsolescence by improving its speed" or
            <joke>"Insights and secrets on how to break through the invisible factory-enabled limitations so that your computer runs at lightning speed, secrets and insights that the PC industry doesn't want you to know! (and be sure to start your very first email with something like "You've been lied to...")
            </joke>
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7217372].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Zack Sprague View Post

      I have this ebook from Mark Ling. He describes that it would help if you actually enjoy your niche you have selected.
      Yes, he's definitely right about that, in the long run.

      You'll be much more inspired to make the site good, add quality content, research products, write autoresponder emails and all the stuff you have to do with a niche site, if it's "your subject".

      Originally Posted by fin View Post

      This is in no way a niche because I don't know anything about computers, but it could be something like - speed up your computer, etc.
      Yes; I think you probably can make a "niche" out of that, and there'll be physical and digital products and services available for it. That might be good for you, Zack?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7216882].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
        Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

        Yes, he's definitely right about that, in the long run.

        You'll be much more inspired to make the site good, add quality content, research products, write autoresponder emails and all the stuff you have to do with a niche site, if it's "your subject".



        Yes; I think you probably can make a "niche" out of that, and there'll be physical and digital products and services available for it. That might be good for you, Zack?

        Thanks Alexa I was also wanting to try to maybe start an email list for this niche, but I don't really know if it would be worth trying. One thing I learned from the ebook he gave out was that having a good list is one powerful marketing technique. I guess what I could is try to find problems people are having with computers and provide them with quality content to help solve the problem.
        Signature

        Sincerely,
        Zack Sprague

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7216943].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Zack Sprague View Post

          Thanks Alexa I was also wanting to try to maybe start an email list for this niche, but I don't really know if it would be worth trying. One thing I learned from the ebook he gave out was that having a good list is one powerful marketing technique. I guess what I could is try to find problems people are having with computers and provide them with quality content to help solve the problem.
          Yes, I hear you.

          There are some niches where the nature of the desperation that makes them "desperate buyers" makes a list less worthwhile for the immediate sale (that would perhaps apply to for "virus removal", I think, much more than to "speed up your computer"?).

          But in any case you should certainly try to build a list from that techg33k site, as well as promoting things on it. There are all sorts of other things you might be able to promote, in future, too ...
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7217000].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author djax3000
    How about targeting certain groups using long tail keywords. For instance, use terms like "computers for kids". This is a term that's targeted for parents with kids who maybe want to buy a pc that's most suitable for children.

    According to google keyword tool, this term is medium competition with 49,500 global and 22,200 local searches per month. Not to mention, the holidays are fast approaching and these types of searches will probably increase heading into Christmas holiday.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7216386].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7216390].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7216942].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
    Im thinking I need to find a more targeted niche in the computer market.
    Signature

    Sincerely,
    Zack Sprague

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7216978].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rose Anderson
    "Computer help for the non-techie". A lot of computer information is written in a way that only people who are already tech savvy can understand it. I say this as a technically challenged person, of course. If you can provide resources that are clear and concise -- perhaps in text and with videos -- it could be helpful to many people.

    Rose
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7217524].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jesse L
    I don't know if this exists for computers but I have a client in the very broad automobile help niche where you can get your questions answered by a pro, guaranteed. There is a small fee per question with free follow ups.

    I do know that there are many remote control softwares available that make it possible to log into someones computer and have control over it. Not sure about portability, etc...

    I guess it depends on how involved you want to get...

    Good Luck!

    JL
    Signature

    The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will. – Vince Lambardi

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7217567].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    You should create an ebook on "healthy computing". I pick niches i can build real backend businesses out of. Hope you think of multiple backend products that you can offer to your customers.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7217662].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve50000
    There's a lot to this niche, but it will probably require more work to keep relevant, as new hardware and software is constantly being released. Upside of that is that there is no shortage of topics to write about!

    If you are passionate about the topic, I think it is a good idea to pursue.

    Various people say you should look for "Evergreen Niches". IE, topics that don't have to be constantly revised.

    That said, there are plenty of people still using Windows XP! ;-) Some computer subjects can stay relevant for quite a while.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7217788].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RogueOne
      I sold a few registry cleaners off a 2.0 page about 2 years ago. The keyword was "make my computer run faster."

      There are some pretty good CB products to solve the problem. I sold about 20 and never had a refund.
      Signature
      Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
      All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7217859].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
    Thanks guys for the reply I think I will give it a shot and see what happens. I can't just sit back and do nothing. I have to literally try it to see if it will happen. Ill give it a shot. Im going plan out my website and see how I can try to help people with computer problems. I hope you guys have a nice day. As everybody says you have to literally put something into action to see if it works or not. Well I've been lazy and I need to see if it will work or not. Have a nice day guys
    Signature

    Sincerely,
    Zack Sprague

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7218408].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve50000
    You can also answer questions on yahoo answers, stack overflow, experts exchange, and a myriad of sites. You may be able to drive some of that traffic back to your own site.

    One of my buddies makes over 100K in a side business from leads he got from answering questions online.
    He sets up SANs in his spare time. So it takes a bit of specialied knowledge. And a lot of late nights if you have a regular fulltime job.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7218435].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
      Originally Posted by Steve50000 View Post

      You can also answer questions on yahoo answers, stack overflow, experts exchange, and a myriad of sites. You may be able to drive some of that traffic back to your own site.
      I should check yahoo answers shouldn't I?
      Signature

      Sincerely,
      Zack Sprague

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7218448].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Steve50000
        Originally Posted by Zack Sprague View Post

        I should check yahoo answers shouldn't I?
        Well, Yahoo Answers is great for general questions. But you might be able to get more valuable targeted leads from one of the more specialized ones. Stack Overflow is for programming questions. They have a new one for sysadmin type questions, but I forget what it is called.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7218574].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
    Now my website is being funny. When I update a page.
    Signature

    Sincerely,
    Zack Sprague

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7218482].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ezpay4me
    Originally Posted by Zack Sprague View Post

    Hey Warriors,

    I am need of help. Could you gives give me some niches within the computer market. You guys might already know that I love computers. I have this ebook from Mark Ling. He describes that it would help if you actually enjoy your niche you have selected. I am actually wondering if the computer niche is really a good niche to get into. What you do you guys think? Do you enjoy the niche you have selected? Like diy'all select niches that you enjoy the most?
    Well brotha here is a list of niches and micro-niches related to computers that I would be interested in going into.

    BIOS-repair
    Repair laptop monitor(fix computer screen)
    Clear computer errors
    laptop cooling pads
    laptop battery won't charge
    computer keeps restarting
    computer crashes, blue screen
    computer overheats
    computer lags
    keyboard not working properly


    OK what I just listed mostly deals with computer repairs so you an refer to these as actually micro-niches but if you can find a product or Adsense to place on your site for a particular micro-niche above then you would have a great opportunity to make money with your site since I can tell you these niches are not widely dominated.

    best of luck hope this helps
    Anwar
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7218524].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author fin
      Lucian has great advice there.

      It doesn't necessarily need to be about speeding up pc's, but if you can give people high quality instructional videos with an affiliate link to the product, it will always be more trustworthy than telling them just to buy it.

      You don't have to look far to see people using this to great effect.

      Of course you would need an informative site (maybe); not a review site filled with nothing but offers.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7218584].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
      Originally Posted by ezpay4me View Post

      Well brotha here is a list of niches and micro-niches related to computers that I would be interested in going into.

      BIOS-repair
      Repair laptop monitor(fix computer screen)
      Clear computer errors
      laptop cooling pads
      laptop battery won't charge
      computer keeps restarting
      computer crashes, blue screen
      computer overheats
      computer lags
      keyboard not working properly


      OK what I just listed mostly deals with computer repairs so you an refer to these as actually micro-niches but if you can find a product or Adsense to place on your site for a particular micro-niche above then you would have a great opportunity to make money with your site since I can tell you these niches are not widely dominated.

      best of luck hope this helps
      Anwar
      You my friend, just gave me a good idea for a niche, a computer repair niche.
      Signature

      Sincerely,
      Zack Sprague

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7221226].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bassem
    computers are a very large niche with 1000s of sub-niches , and i think the best way to go with is making tutorials of how to use softwares or how to fixe hardwares and if you know some tricks that you think are not known, it's going to be like a jackpot for you

    the most important is to stay in digital products

    cheers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7218622].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zack Sprague
    I think I have niche block.
    Signature

    Sincerely,
    Zack Sprague

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7220952].message }}

Trending Topics