Making money from older people online?

by Hunk
22 replies
I have a growing email list consisting of mostly people on the higher end of the 35 to 65 age bracket - all US based, about 70% female. I've been emailing them uplifting/inspirational messages (they suscribed for an ebook that was a 'how to live life effectively' deal with a non-denominational christain bent - 'how to be more like Jesus' sort of thing) and haven't really tried to sell them anything other than a few Amazon links on my site, but I do have a good open rate and connection with them...

Are there any affiliate programs that offer products (that aren't scams) for this 'market'? It could be self-help or christain related stuff as long as it isn't tied to a specific practise like meditation or catholocism, and as long as it is attractive to an older/less internet savvy group... I've never really dealt with older people in IM so I'm unsure of what I'm looking for, but probably physical products, right?

Thanks for any help,
#making #money #older #online #people
  • Profile picture of the author EasyMoneyDre
    You might want to try Amazon and find products relevant to older people. You can do this in a way that doesn't seem like you're really promoting anything - just like "I've purchased this and it's pretty cool"
    Signature

    Please do not use affiliate links in signatures

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7230990].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lison2703
      I was attracted by your post as I am retired but working in IM, female but
      Canadian. As for your question, I'm impressed you care enough to enquire...it says a lot for you!
      However, I don't think that these days only older people are concerned and interested in spirituality. Writings like "The Law of Attraction" or "The Law of Intent"are sure to bring back motivation and joy in anyone's
      life! For these, search Google. Another great source is Amazon - it has
      wonderful eBooks (philosophical, psychological, self-development, spiritual, religious) that are digital (no need to deliver) for very low costs.
      Have a great night, hope this helps, Lise
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7231082].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author I.M.Retired
    Will Edwards, a fellow warrior, has some excellent products you might be interested in:

    Personal Development Resources - White Dove Books

    http://www.whitedovebooks.co.uk/rebr...able-books.htm

    There are some other forum members with similar quality products as well. I have to sign out now and don't have time to find their links, but I'm sure others will come along and post links for you to consider.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7231123].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Faisal66
    there are lots of products , specially dedicated to old one...

    U just need to find the write thing to promote.....
    Signature


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7231129].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kohorn
    Amazon products and books are great, as are health and longevity products but why not develop your own seven week email course to ... healthier heart or healthier scalp or better circulation or do a 12 month course at $xx.95 per month and send them some great health tips every week. Then... in amongst all of that great weekly information, you can also offer affiliate products or do reviews etc.
    Cheers
    Kohorn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7231386].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jesse L
    LOL... Love the title

    Maybe you could send us some discount codes for "adult diapers" while you're at it...

    Sit around and read and take care of my heart?....lol

    Us "older" people are the ones with the money....you knuckle head...
    Any good deals on a nice cruise to the Bahamas? Always a good way to clear the mind and get away from the "kids"
    How about a concert that is coming up? (old folk music of course)

    Might I suggest that you craftily survey your list of old folk? Find out what they are interested in. Put up a forum and invite everyone on for some warm milk and a little bingo chat.

    Think big be big....

    JL
    Signature

    The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will. – Vince Lambardi

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7231643].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aizaku
    seems like you have built a good relationship with them now sell them something they could use that falls inline with their religious views and that is inspirational
    Signature
    >> 2018 Money Making Method Video Guides [NO OPTIN] <<
    80% Of These Proven Guides Are Free... ]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7231650].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Walter Parrish
    Originally Posted by Hunk View Post

    I have a growing email list consisting of mostly people on the higher end of the 35 to 65 age bracket - all US based, about 70% female. I've been emailing them uplifting/inspirational messages (they suscribed for an ebook that was a 'how to live life effectively' deal with a non-denominational christain bent - 'how to be more like Jesus' sort of thing) and haven't really tried to sell them anything other than a few Amazon links on my site, but I do have a good open rate and connection with them...

    Are there any affiliate programs that offer products (that aren't scams) for this 'market'? It could be self-help or christain related stuff as long as it isn't tied to a specific practise like meditation or catholocism, and as long as it is attractive to an older/less internet savvy group... I've never really dealt with older people in IM so I'm unsure of what I'm looking for, but probably physical products, right?

    Thanks for any help,
    I don't know about religion, but older folks love QVC, HSN, FoodTV, Soapoperas, TV game shows, Wendy Williams lol, Dr Oz, News, News Shows, notice the trend here. Most of it is based around TV.
    Signature
    Use Feeder Sites, Articles, And Social Media Sites To Generate Unstoppable Traffic, FREE! Click Here Now To Get It For FREE
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7232456].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Will Edwards
    It is my product but as it is a direct answer to your question, here you go ...

    Marketplace - ClickBank

    Sells well. Any questions, just drop me a PM.

    Will
    Signature
    Whether you are a Reader, an Author or a Website Owner, we have something for you!

    Books that Inspire
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7232478].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    You could always sell something health related to them. How "old" is the older people that you're targeting? Demographics?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7232819].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hunk
    Thanks for the replies - the Whitedove books look interesting but the trouble with Amazon and Clickbank books is that the commission is quite low, and I only have around 3,600 people in the community at the moment - meaning it would take a lot of selling to recoup my investment (money and time wise) and I think my mailing list would tire of that pretty fast. However, my plan for now is to set up a dropshipping or Amazon store with relevant products and write reviews on them to send as email occassionaly... Does that sound reasonable? I'm sure there are more profitable tactics here (not too sound greedy, but monetising is the goal wih this experiement)...

    Ideally, I want high-cost, high-value physical or perhaps membership products that can be sold to people 45+ mostly women in the US. If anybody knows a good affiliate source for those kind of products, please let me know... I ask here instead of simply searching Google because of the amount of stuff being sold to older people as 'bait' for contact details to spam/telemarket to later. Actual value is so hard to find in this sort of market, and I would hate to bring these people into some sleazy, hard-sell contact list. Also, I am concerned that I am not experienced enough to know the difference in this market (spiritual/religious inspirational stuff for older people market).

    I am pretty new to all this and probably made a bad call by creating such a general community, but I feel I can make a decent profit here without being too sleazy - I just need a genuinely valuable product. Creating my own is the eventual goal, but I don't have the knowledge to be genuinely valuable yet. Thank you,
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7237462].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author danwood
    amazon books for aged people, there are a lot
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7237482].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WarrenPeterson
    Am I the only one who didn't like the 35-65 age bracket used for 'older people'. ;-)

    First, that age bracket is way too big to be of any specific help. You need to, at least, break that down to a much smaller demographic. Even after that, it may be too broad to give anything other than a general answer. You said you want to sell to women in the us 45+, that is still way too broad to provide any solid recommendations.

    Except for one recommendation. Do NOT call your list of women 45+ older people!

    Since you already have a list, what you want to sell to them is kind of irrelevant. What matters is what they want, what they need, and what problem they have that you are going to solve. What matters isn't what you want to sell, it is what they are going to buy from you.

    You need to start talking to your list, building your relationshgips with the various demographics of your list and asking them what their problems are. You need to survey them to find out what their pain points are, what their pleasure points are, their needs, their wants, etc... After a little while you will start to build a solid set of data. Without knowing any other information, take the top 3 answers from your survey and sell those to your list.
    Signature
    Do you really want to build a real business?
    Then you need this: 21 Days To Business Success
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7237513].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author icoachu
    Estate planning and other wills and trust legal services might be a good fit. Not only do people 65 and up need them, these niches also PAY REALLY GOOD MONEY. Don't go with Clickbank though. I'd suggest you engage your list in a conversation and funnel them into a specialized list.

    Lawyer referrals go upwards of $15 to $50 per lead. If you, or anyone else reading this, need further help, just PM me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7237552].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hunk
    WarrenP - most of the people are in their 50s... I just said 35-65 because there are 30 year olds there, but it is mostly older. I find it significant because a lot of the advice I see on the forum has a similar message to what you're saying - identify a desperate need and offer the solution. With people in their 50s it seems like less focus on desperation and more focus on quality of life would be the idea, as I'm not willing to deal in medical stuff and many older people no longer care about the stuff that younger people get desperate about. I hope that makes the intention of the thread clearer, maybe I'm missing something but it does seem like a whole other approach is required (than the offering solution to desperate need idea) when you're dealing with 'older' people's mindet.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7237592].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WarrenPeterson
      Originally Posted by Hunk View Post

      WarrenP - most of the people are in their 50s... I just said 35-65 because there are 30 year olds there, but it is mostly older. I find it significant because a lot of the advice I see on the forum has a similar message to what you're saying - identify a desperate need and offer the solution. With people in their 50s it seems like less focus on desperation and more focus on quality of life would be the idea, as I'm not willing to deal in medical stuff and many older people no longer care about the stuff that younger people get desperate about. I hope that makes the intention of the thread clearer.
      It isn't about desperation. It is about solving problems. Everyone has problems, the age demographic doesn't matter. If not problem solving, then it is about providing the solution to a want or a need.

      You are still far too general, there is no way to market to 'people in their 50s'. Men or women? Active lifestyle? Married? Divorced? Dating? Kids? Grandkids? Financially stable? Paying for kids college? Retirement worries? Vacation homes? Fitness? Sex? Cars? Sports? Next career? Investing? Health? Nutrition?

      Everyone one of those issues above, and virtually all others, has products or services sold right now to people over 50...
      Signature
      Do you really want to build a real business?
      Then you need this: 21 Days To Business Success
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7237623].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Hunk
        Originally Posted by WarrenPeterson View Post

        It isn't about desperation. It is about solving problems. Everyone has problems, the age demographic doesn't matter. If not problem solving, then it is about providing the solution to a want or a need.

        You are still far too general, there is no way to market to 'people in their 50s'. Men or women? Active lifestyle? Married? Divorced? Dating? Kids? Grandkids? Financially stable? Paying for kids college? Retirement worries? Vacation homes? Fitness? Sex? Cars? Sports? Next career? Investing? Health? Nutrition?

        Everyone one of those issues above, and virtually all others, has products or services sold right now to people over 50...
        I know what you're saying here - it became clear to me quite fast that I didn't have a highly-specific sales angle built in when I made the list, and it does feel limiting. The only common thread is simply age and interest in spirituality/non-denominational christain ideas. So I can't really offer to solve a problem without alienating a large portion of my list... That is why I am looking for something with a more general appeal to older Americans who are interested in spirituality and inspirational stuff.

        I built the mailing list via Facebook so I have quite a bit of insight into the demographic from what Facebook makes available, and age and gender are really all that holds them together (income, family, etc. varies a lot). Next time I try this I'll definitely focus on something more specific so I can do what you're saying, but I am still thinking this list has potential for profit if I can find a reputable affiliate offer with a high general appeal to these people...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7237693].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author WarrenPeterson
          Originally Posted by Hunk View Post

          I know what you're saying here - it became clear to me quite fast that I didn't have a highly-specific sales angle built in when I made the list, and it does feel limiting. The only common thread is simply age and interest in spirituality/non-denominational christain ideas. So I can't really offer to solve a problem without alienating a large portion of my list... That is why I am looking for something with a more general appeal to older Americans who are interested in spirituality and inspirational stuff.

          I built the mailing list via Facebook so I have quite a bit of insight into the demographic from what Facebook makes available, and age and gender are really all that holds them together (income, family, etc. varies a lot). Next time I try this I'll definitely focus on something more specific so I can do what you're saying, but I am still thinking this list has potential for profit if I can find a reputable affiliate offer with a high general appeal to these people...
          You still need to talk to your list to find out what they need, want, and what sorts of problems they have. I like lots of Facebook pages that have inspiring photos, funny photos, etc... but I wouldn't buy anything from them.

          My own personal Facebook page has about 3800 Likes, but I know that most of them will never be clients, they are there for the free side of what I do. If I started selling there, I would lose many of them. I'll, at times, post something that is a promo (actually today I did), but that is rare. I know who the subset on my page is a client and who is a potential client. I'd say it is a fraction of who is there as a visitor.

          Every list has potential for profit, yes. But, only when you can answer the basic questions. It is worth your time to segment your list by the needs, and market to each smaller segment with what it is they are looking to have solved.
          Signature
          Do you really want to build a real business?
          Then you need this: 21 Days To Business Success
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7238237].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DollarSignDaily
    Check out CBengine . com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7238092].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author masterpeez4py
    You can as well promote cpa offers with them, amazon has lots of inspirational books, though they have low prize which wont make you much but its a good place to start. If you start with cpa and amazon i think you should start seeing amazing results. thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7238166].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jackson Tan
    I think there is plenty options out there.. You may want to segment your list accordingly to their needs to find out what they want.. age of 35 to 65 is too wide to group everyone together..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7238498].message }}

Trending Topics