Is Article Spinning Software Killing Article Writers

54 replies
Getting ready to start Article writing to point to a website I have and have been reading the WF to get some insight into the best way to go about it.

To be honest I'm a bit overwhelmed !!!!

I have a 9-5, family etc (all the usual excuses!!) and am trying to figure out how to find the time to write 200 articles a month. My first experience with hiring an article writer was bad and was ripped off so won't do that again in a hurry.

I then started reading about article spinning software !!!!!

Do you think it's ethical ?

Is it worth the risk of getting slapped by google for bad content ?

Could you share your experiences/ideas with using this software or even best/most effective way to start an article campaign

Would it be best to learn to write articles if you're in it for the long haul ?

Thanks for reading !

darrellw
#article #killing #software #spinning #writers
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Motley
    In my opinion, a good article writer will outshine a spun article any day of the week. Like anything else, you have good article writers and bad ones. But the good ones are damn good
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[654868].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anth.elias
    If you want good quailty content forget about article spinners, as for as purchasing articles, why don't you purchase your articles here at the WF. I'm sure someone can recommend a reliable writer for you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[654893].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Droopy Dawg
    Me personally... the original content is for EZA... and the spun stuff is for the article directory blast for backlinks.

    I have a few Warriors that I outsource my articles to (I have no time to write them myself), and these folks are outstanding at their craft.
    Signature


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[654918].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hebsgaard
    As far as I'm concerned there is no way article spinning software will ever be able to outshine a good article writer. The thing you have to consider about software is that it will never be able to turn a mediocre article into a great article.

    Any kind of software should merely be thought of as a tool to make a specific task easier. It can't replace the human touch.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[655012].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TeamGlobal
      Hi Darrell,

      Re:"Would it be best to learn to write articles if you're in it for the long haul ?"
      I think this is a good idea to start off with. When you start to locate reliable writers you can start to outsource.

      Often times any automation tool is immediately associated with spammy results. Automation's purpose is to enhance productivity. IMHO an article spinner correctly used can work wonders at generating unique content for you.

      The simple rules below applies to most automation:

      Garbage In = Garbage Out

      If you take your time in properly preparing your article to be spun you will be amazed at the results.

      All The Best,


      Tony
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[655048].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Brad Spencer
        Originally Posted by TeamGlobal View Post

        Hi Darrell,

        Re:"Would it be best to learn to write articles if you're in it for the long haul ?"
        I think this is a good idea to start off with. When you start to locate reliable writers you can start to outsource.

        Often times any automation tool is immediately associated with spammy results. Automation's purpose is to enhance productivity. IMHO an article spinner correctly used can work wonders at generating unique content for you.

        The simple rules below applies to most automation:

        Garbage In = Garbage Out

        If you take your time in properly preparing your article to be spun you will be amazed at the results.

        All The Best,


        Tony
        I agree with Tony. My experience has been mixed with both outsourcers and software. However, finding great tools is worth taking the time running through bad ones.

        I think the strategy to focus on and this has been said in this thread in various ways is to write an original article that is HIGH QUALITY (key point) and then spin it into other variations to submit to other sites.

        That way you get a great original article to submit and a bunch of "good" clones. Best of both worlds.

        Just my thoughts,

        Cheers,

        Brad Spencer
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[655101].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author johnng
      I have tried outsourcing and I am trying out an article spinning software now, the jury is still out. Outsourcing is not total time gain. You still need to specify your content requirements and keep track of your project - time! My own feeling is, it takes time and patience to make contact with the good writers. When these good writers are found, they should really be cherished.
      You need to rely on them not only for the quality of writing, the contents in the resulting articles are also what you are looking for.
      Article spinning software is nothing but a tool to help cut down the chores of creating your articles. The final process will still dependent on your input to make the resulting articles of reasonable standard. More input there is higher quality will be the result. The criteria to judge a tool, in my opinion, is how much work may be saved by using the tool. However, never expect such tool to do all the work if not to be disappointed!
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[655126].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JoMo
        I have been playing with article spinners lately, and I find that the article looses its "voice" when it is spun. I have to make the article too generic in order to be able to be spun well.

        If all you are doing is spamming for backlinks, spinning works well. If you want people to read your article and react to it, write it or get it written by someone who knows how.


        joel
        Signature

        Give Personalized Gift-Plaques for All of Those Special Occasions

        The Best Hand Safety Products for the Workplace or DIY's

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[655166].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mac the Knife
    From my personal experience, those that have had BAD experiences with writers either

    a: Do not understand the process entirely and don't know exactly what to expect from the service and transaction or
    b: Thought they were getting a "deal" because of the pricing per article

    Articles written by a human, who has a penchant for creating interesting and thought provoking articles, and who will deliver this work in a professional and timely manner, WILL be worth the price paid.

    Spun articles do have their place, but even then, you will have to spend time editing for content and flow, so in the end, what is your time worth? Outsourcing the jobs you can't or don't WANT to do is great, as long as the end product you get pays for the upfront expenditure.

    Mac the Knife
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[655120].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DeePower
      As a writer, no article spinning software hasn't affected me.

      As an experiment I had one article spun into 25 different articles. Most of them were incomprehensible. The sentence structure was there with nouns, verbs, etc. but the sentence made no sense. The articles, for the most part, made no sense.

      My intent was to use the spun articles as blog posts on different blogs for backlinks. I changed my mind because I thought, what if by chance someone read one of those articles, would they actually click the link back to my site? The answer was no.

      Dee
      Signature
      FREE Pump Up Your Profits With PLR
      Are You a Writer? Then you need this FREE guide Convert Your Words to Ca$H Make Money Writing Online
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[655136].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author davebo
        Banned
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[659263].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Johnson
    Outsourcing your articles is the best way to go.

    Chris
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[655145].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      how to find the time to write 200 articles a month. My first experience with hiring an article writer was bad and was ripped off so won't do that again in a hurry.
      Why do you need 200 per month to start with? That's a lot of articles.

      One bad writer may be poor luck or lack of instructions on your part or going for the cheapest.

      Try out several writers by ordering five articles from each on specific keyword phrases. When you find one or two writers producing usable articles, send them regular work and pay them decently.

      Consider buying voice recognition software like Dragon Naturally Speaking if you can dictate articles faster than you can type them.

      kay
      Signature
      Every child needs a pet because every family needs an optimist

      Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[655173].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author VinceLaw
    I have Content Composer and I used it for a while. I have stopped using it because I now submit to about 4 article directories so I just create 4 different titles instead of trying to spin a lot of articles.

    The problem with these article spinners is they cannot spin as many unique article titles. Mr Potash did not say anything about this when he was pushing his software. He skimmed through this part in his instructional videos like it was a piece of cake to create a few hundred unique article titles.

    Getting these software to work is a pain in the neck. I feel like a programmer when I use them. Furthermore, they cost a bomb.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[655177].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Glenn Leader
    Originally Posted by Michael Motley View Post

    In my opinion, a good article writer will outshine a spun article any day of the week. Like anything else, you have good article writers and bad ones. But the good ones are damn good
    Originally Posted by aelias View Post

    If you want good quailty content forget about article spinners, as for as purchasing articles, why don't you purchase your articles here at the WF. I'm sure someone can recommend a reliable writer for you.
    Originally Posted by hebsgaard View Post

    As far as I'm concerned there is no way article spinning software will ever be able to outshine a good article writer. The thing you have to consider about software is that it will never be able to turn a mediocre article into a great article.

    Any kind of software should merely be thought of as a tool to make a specific task easier. It can't replace the human touch.
    Originally Posted by DeePower View Post

    As a writer, no article spinning software hasn't affected me.

    As an experiment I had one article spun into 25 different articles. Most of them were incomprehensible. The sentence structure was there with nouns, verbs, etc. but the sentence made no sense. The articles, for the most part, made no sense.

    My intent was to use the spun articles as blog posts on different blogs for backlinks. I changed my mind because I thought, what if by chance someone read one of those articles, would they actually click the link back to my site? The answer was no.

    Dee

    Originally Posted by JoMo View Post

    I have been playing with article spinners lately, and I find that the article looses its "voice" when it is spun. I have to make the article too generic in order to be able to be spun well.

    If all you are doing is spamming for backlinks, spinning works well. If you want people to read your article and react to it, write it or get it written by someone who knows how.


    joel
    I see these kinds of comments almost every day in forums. The
    fact is, with a GOOD article spinner, you CAN get good results,
    but you do have to learn how to use these tools properly. If the
    job is done well, you'll be hard pressed to see what article is
    spun, and which one is the original. Infact, your spun article
    can be better than the original.

    Originally Posted by VincentL View Post

    I have Content Composer and I used it for a while. I have stopped using it because I now submit to about 4 article directories so I just create 4 different titles instead of trying to spin a lot of articles.

    The problem with these article spinners is they cannot spin as many unique article titles. Mr Potash did not say anything about this when he was pushing his software. He skimmed through this part in his instructional videos like it was a piece of cake to create a few hundred unique article titles.

    Getting these software to work is a pain in the neck. I feel like a programmer when I use them. Furthermore, they cost a bomb.
    I've not used Jason's Product, but spinning titles should be like
    spinning normal sentences. One problem is that generally, titles
    are shorter than normal sentences, and therefore you have less
    potential. I tend to write several titles from scratch. You can
    then spin variations of those new titles. This works for me
    anyway.

    Originally Posted by Chris Johnson View Post

    Outsourcing your articles is the best way to go.

    Chris
    The OP didn't ask about outsourcing articles, and if it was better
    for article generation, so why is it that people post OT comments.
    He asked if using article spinners is ethical.

    @darrellw: Yes, using Article Spinners is ethical, lots of ethical
    marketers leverage their wisdom and time using the right tools to
    do the right job. I do outsource work though. The original
    article is outsourced, as is the preparation for my propriety
    article spinner, or as I prefer to call it, my Propriety Content
    Creation System.

    HTH

    Glenn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[655507].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gunter Eibl
    Article spinning has its place and it is not unethical or whatever but it always depends how you use it and what for.

    There is nothing bad in making different versions of a good article as long the output articles are still good. This is the key point I think. it needs time to learn how a to work with a good spinner. You simply get better results if you can make your articles more unique.

    If you use the spinner only to spam the article directories or other properties then it's just that, spam.

    Gunter
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[655557].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Glenn Leader
    Originally Posted by robertdenkord View Post

    No because article spinning software makes garbage articles; good article writers will always be making money
    This is a common misconception that a lot of folks have. There are some
    good article spinners out there that can do a fantastic job if you put the
    effort in.

    HTH

    Glenn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[655645].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tyler Ellison
      Originally Posted by Glenn Leader View Post

      This is a common misconception that a lot of folks have. There are some
      good article spinners out there that can do a fantastic job if you put the
      effort in.

      HTH

      Glenn
      See, this, in my opinion, goes against the whole motive of having a spinner. You have to put in effort to have a good spun article, which in that case you can just do it yourself without spending on a product or service. I've yet to find a spinner I liked.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[655676].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    Article spinners don't run on autopilot. They need to be trained and take some time using them. I don't like the results nearly as much as finding a writer and I've got one that I spent over $300 on.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[655690].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cashcow
    An article spinner is just a tool. You will get out of it what you put into it.

    It takes a heck of a lot of effort to generate a seed article that can be spun into many good quality articles but it can be done.

    I'm willing bet that some of the people here who know how to spin properly can come up with articles that are of higher quality than many you will find on ezinearticles that were written by hand.

    Having said that, you can't think of "spinning" as the answer to your article needs. Why? Because all of your spun articles are going to be about the same thing. (unless, of course you are going to go all out and use a multi-dimensional spinner like article bot or webspinner - can you even get tools like that anymore?).

    You don't want a bunch of articles on your site about the same thing, do you? Of course not. So the answer is that spinning has it's place to create content for your mass submissions, your feeder sites, your squidoo lenses, hubpages etc...

    Your Original content should be used on your website. One technique is to write an article(or outsource the writing) for your site then take the time to spin it properly (most people do not do this and that is why you will see all the comments on forums about how spun articles are crappy). Use the spun versions for links back to your original article.

    Lee
    Signature
    Gone Fishing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[655702].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author markcarraway
    I agree with Dee. I have never seen an article spinner that produced an article that met my standard of quality for something that I was going to associate with my name or any of my brands.

    I am sure that they have a place. I am just sure it is not on any of my sites.
    Signature

    Quality PLR Content Solutions
    www.plrarticlepros.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[655728].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author darrellw
      Thanks for all the great replies. After taking in everyone's ideas and recommendations, and trying spinning software I found the quickest and most effective way was to spin the articles myself in a word doc. It was quicker and came out better

      I'll use all my original articles in my blog and spin everything else for my feeders

      Thanks everyone for sharing your knowledge !!!!
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[656015].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Brandon Tanner
        I think there needs to be a sticky here at the WF that explains the difference between *fully automatic* article spinners (the Baaaaad ones), and *manual* article spinners (the Goooood ones).

        Judging from all the 'article spinner' posts on this forum (especially lately), it seems that about 80-90% of all internet marketers simply don't understand the difference between these 2 types of spinners, and just automatically assume that all of them are "bad".

        Perhaps the confusion exists because when article spinners first became popular, they were pretty much all of the *fully automatic* (bad) variety. In other words, fire up the program, click a button, and a couple seconds later out pops your article. OF COURSE the output quality from that kind is complete garbage!

        But most modern article spinners are NOT that kind. Most of the ones developed in the last few years are the *manual* (good) kind. Which means, the user manually types in ALL of the possible variations for each individual part themselves, and the spinner simply randomizes each variation part, leaving the exact article structure intact. Which means the output quality depends ENTIRELY on the *user*, not the software!

        In other words, when using a good article spinner, the quality of *properly* spun articles are EVERY BIT as good as the quality of the original versions!

        Garbage in = garbage out
        Quality in = quality out

        So when people just blindly assume that all article spinners are worthless, it's just plain ignorant. It's like someone who goes out and buys a brand new Ferrari, puts water in the gas tank, then goes to a mechanics forum and complains of how badly Ferrari's drive, and that surely all Ferrari's suck!
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[656880].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author blackhatzen
          Originally Posted by Brandon Tanner View Post

          I think there needs to be a sticky here at the WF that explains the difference between *fully automatic* article spinners (the Baaaaad ones), and *manual* article spinners (the Goooood ones).

          Judging from all the 'article spinner' posts on this forum (especially lately), it seems that about 80-90% of all internet marketers simply don't understand the difference between these 2 types of spinners, and just automatically assume that all of them are "bad".

          Perhaps the confusion exists because when article spinners first became popular, they were pretty much all of the *fully automatic* (bad) variety. In other words, fire up the program, click a button, and a couple seconds later out pops your article. OF COURSE the output quality from that kind is complete garbage!

          But most modern article spinners are NOT that kind. Most of the ones developed in the last few years are the *manual* (good) kind. Which means, the user manually types in ALL of the possible variations for each individual part themselves, and the spinner simply randomizes each variation part, leaving the exact article structure intact. Which means the output quality depends ENTIRELY on the *user*, not the software!

          In other words, when using a good article spinner, the quality of *properly* spun articles are EVERY BIT as good as the quality of the original versions!

          Garbage in = garbage out
          Quality in = quality out

          So when people just blindly assume that all article spinners are worthless, it's just plain ignorant. It's like someone who goes out and buys a brand new Ferrari, puts water in the gas tank, then goes to a mechanics forum and complains of how badly Ferrari's drive, and that surely all Ferrari's suck!
          Well said!

          50 years ago Chomsky said that Hidden Markov Models alone would never lead to the reliable generation of natural, understandable human language. If you lifted the hood on the majority of automatic rewriting programs, you'll find that these words fell on deaf ears for the most part. These Hidden Markov Models are what 99% of the automatic rewriting applications depend upon. English grammar rules are notoriously hard to train a program to learn, which is one of the reasons that English has been the focus of many natural language processing teams over the past decades.

          These "more manual" rewriting applications, as described quite aptly by Brandon, just allow authors to automate the task of testing variations of synonym, sentence, and paragraph structure; something most good writers do as it is, albeit in a much less organized fashion. I've used similar tools to help me write content that I have no intentions of duplicating or spinning. It just makes the process of testing variations much more bearable.

          Quite frankly, it is extremely unlikely that in any of our lifetimes an artificial intelligence will write something with the depth and meaning of Ulysses or Candide, but, just as has occurred in the manufacturing industry since the industrial revolution, if the technology exists, the delegation of simpler tasks to entities without need for food, sleep, or motivation is inevitable. The value of writers shouldn't be assessed by the amount of words they can commit to the page, but rather, by their ability to transcend that page and connect people and ideas in a way that artificial intelligence will simply never be able to. This ability is what has kept the art of the written word alive for as long as it has been around.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[656936].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andres
    Hi Darrell - here is what I did to boost my article marketing efforts to new heights.

    I bought Dean Sheenan's WSO on article marketing and learned how to craft great articles and even spy on the competition.

    I now outsource my article writing and let someone else do the research for me and do all the work. All I do is write a killer headline and supply the keywords.

    I pay my article writer $80 for 10 articles and it works wonders.

    I hope this helps.

    Andres
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[656902].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheRichJerksNet
    The fact is there is no ethical or moral question involved in Article Spinning. What is in question is who uses spinning software and how they use it. If you put a poor article in a spinner and use a poor spinner then you get poor results.

    On the other hand if you use a "real" human controlled spinner that you have full control over then you will produce very good results. There are so many people that make comments about spinning being bad or it does nothing but produce trash. Fact is most of those people have no idea what they even talk about. Many have used a trashy spinner so they assume all spinner are the same way and they put them all down.

    I can outdo a writer anyday of the week with my human controlled spinner. I can produce 50 readable articles in about 2 hours with a 70% uniqueness. There is no writer that can do that without a spinner. I have produced some very very popular articles that have been picked up by hundreds of publishers and I am not even a writer.

    http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...ial-offer.html

    James
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[656906].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author VinceLaw
    Try spinning a 1000 unique article titles with the keyword phrase "how to get pregnant". Then you will understand why these article spinners cannot do it right.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[656939].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TheRichJerksNet
      Originally Posted by VincentL View Post

      Try spinning a 1000 unique article titles with the keyword phrase "how to get pregnant". Then you will understand why these article spinners cannot do it right.
      Ok first tell me why I need 1,000 unique article titles.. You see you are misunderstanding just like many other people on what the actual purpose of a "real" spinner is and how it is used.

      You do not just take a bunch of junk and toss it into a spinner and spin it and expect good results. This is as brandon said, the bad spinners... A true spinner is "HUMAN" controlled 100% all the way.. no foolish pre-set database of words, no foolish curly braces with brackets such as {name1|name2|name3} , a HUMAN controlled spinner is fully controlled by the writer.

      This is where you are misunderstanding and exactly what people like Brandon, Glenn, and Myself have been trying to tell people. Technologies are changing and many of us have created real tools of automation that can really help. No we do not plan on replacing the human writer because the facts are no machine can write without the help of a human. What we do plan on doing is to continue to improve on our tools that are designed to be HUMAN controlled and save a great deal of time.

      James
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[656961].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author reapr
        It is really tough to beat a well written article placed on EZA.

        Spinners are great for getting backlinks with good longtail anchor.

        The problem with spinners is the fact that you still need to review them and some of the even "so called" good spinners can spit out junk. So if you can type at about 40-50 wpm your time may be better spent creating each article unless you can find a good spinner you can trust.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[656975].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author VinceLaw
        Originally Posted by TheRichJerksNet View Post

        Ok first tell me why I need 1,000 unique article titles.. You see you are misunderstanding just like many other people on what the actual purpose of a "real" spinner is and how it is used.

        You do not just take a bunch of junk and toss it into a spinner and spin it and expect good results. This is as brandon said, the bad spinners... A true spinner is "HUMAN" controlled 100% all the way.. no foolish pre-set database of words, no foolish curly braces with brackets such as {name1|name2|name3} , a HUMAN controlled spinner is fully controlled by the writer.

        This is where you are misunderstanding and exactly what people like Brandon, Glenn, and Myself have been trying to tell people. Technologies are changing and many of us have created real tools of automation that can really help. No we do not plan on replacing the human writer because the facts are no machine can write without the help of a human. What we do plan on doing is to continue to improve on our tools that are designed to be HUMAN controlled and save a great deal of time.

        James
        I don't think people need to submit 1000 copies of 1 article to the article directories. It was just an exaggeration on my part. The problem I was trying to highlight was the people who sell these article spinners often overlook the challenge of spinning an equivalent number of unique article titles as the number of unique articles generated.

        It is harder to create unique article titles from longer keyword phrases. My example "how to get pregnant" is a good example. You could make 5 unique titles easily but if you're the type that likes to submit to a few hundred article directories, you see the challenge in that? Like, I said, I submit to only 4 article directories and I do not need any article submitter software or service to do that for me.

        I am not 100% sure what you mean by the manual, automatic, non-human, human spinners. I have spun articles that ended up being really really good because I made sure the words and sentences I was spinning made grammatical sense and the flow was smooth. It really depends on how you use it.

        I added tracking links to my articles and I always see the same 4 article directories bringing me sales and traffic. So I decided to scrap the other article directories. Nowadays, I do not even bother spinning my articles because I only submit to 4 article directories. I just use different titles and it is easy to come up with 4 different article titles.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[657019].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author TheRichJerksNet
          Originally Posted by VincentL View Post

          I don't think people need to submit 1000 copies of 1 article to the article directories. It was just an exaggeration on my part. The problem I was trying to highlight was the people who sell these article spinners often overlook the challenge of spinning an equivalent number of unique article titles as the number of unique articles generated.

          It is harder to create unique article titles from longer keyword phrases. My example "how to get pregnant" is a good example. You could make 5 unique titles easily but if you're the type that likes to submit to a few hundred article directories, you see the challenge in that? Like, I said, I submit to only 4 article directories and I do not need any article submitter software or service to do that for me.

          I am not 100% sure what you mean by the manual, automatic, non-human, human spinners. I have spun articles that ended up being really really good because I made sure the words and sentences I was spinning made grammatical sense and the flow was smooth. It really depends on how you use it.

          I added tracking links to my articles and I always see the same 4 article directories bringing me sales and traffic. So I decided to scrap the other article directories. Nowadays, I do not even bother spinning my articles because I only submit to 4 article directories. I just use different titles and it is easy to come up with 4 different article titles.
          I agree, people do not need to submit to 1,000's of sites.. Yes my site offers a submitter but its not like those other submitters as matter fact it is 100% unique and there is no other submitter like it. Just 20 or 30 sites will do you good when submitting articles, there are more than just 4 good article directories.

          What I mean by "Human" controlled spinner is the fact that I know Glenn and myself both have a spinner (his is software and mine is online) that is controlled by a human.. Meaning every single word that is written is done by you the writer, just as you said you do with your titles, our spinners do the same thing only more automative and more time effective for many.

          The point is though many put down spinners without even knowing what a real spinner is and yes many do use those crappy spinners the wrong way.

          James
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[657101].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author valerieSONORA
    Not at all. The spinners totally suck. I tried one and got back a bunch of crazy jibberish. There may be better ones out there, but it's nothing compared to original, researched articles.
    Signature

    siggy taking a break...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[656969].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joseph Park
    For the past few years, I was all about getting results - making money online, period. Though I've never used any blackhat methods to make money online, something dawned on me recently and that is this...

    If you truly set your mind to contribute to the online community, you don't need to go after money because it will come to you. If you write good content, I mean GOOD content, every 2 to 5 days and do that long enough, you'll start to gain incredible amount of traffic and a crowd of readers following after you.

    I've seen in johnchow.com and a numerous others and a lot of them do not even do any kind of SEO and build backlinks but people just find it and come back again and again because of the GOOD contents. All they do is write posts 2-3 times a week. That's all they do.

    Some of you might say, "Man, doesn't that take a long time?" You're right. It takes time.. maybe a long time. But I believe this is the ONLY way to build a business... a long-lasting one. (here I'm talking about article blogs and it may be completely different with product sites.)

    So, my take on spinning articles? NOT WORTH IT! Many of you might say otherwise but really, it doesn't contribute anything to the online community.

    Just my 2 cents.. : )

    Regards,
    Joseph
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[657022].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TheRichJerksNet
      Originally Posted by Joseph Park View Post

      For the past few years, I was all about getting results - making money online, period. Though I've never used any blackhat methods to make money online, something dawned on me recently and that is this...

      If you truly set your mind to contribute to the online community, you don't need to go after money because it will come to you. If you write good content, I mean GOOD content, every 2 to 5 days and do that long enough, you'll start to gain incredible amount of traffic and a crowd of readers following after you.

      I've seen in johnchow.com and a numerous others and a lot of them do not even do any kind of SEO and build backlinks but people just find it and come back again and again because of the GOOD contents. All they do is write posts 2-3 times a week. That's all they do.

      Some of you might say, "Man, doesn't that take a long time?" You're right. It takes time.. maybe a long time. But I believe this is the ONLY way to build a business... a long-lasting one. (here I'm talking about article blogs and it may be completely different with product sites.)

      So, my take on spinning articles? NOT WORTH IT! Many of you might say otherwise but really, it doesn't contribute anything to the online community.

      Just my 2 cents.. : )

      Regards,
      Joseph
      Joseph,
      Again this is where many misunderstand spinning of articles.. I certainly hope you are not calling spinning article blackhat..

      You say it is not worth it .. Ok point taken but do you realize that many that claim they do not spin content, really do exactly just that ??? Yep! that's right, I said many that claim not to spin content really do.

      Joe Shmoe - Submits his articles to EZA and then decides he wants to submit them to 25 other directories but he decides to change the titles and the summary some and also decides to use a different resource box... Well guess what, Joe Shmoe just spun his articles. It does not matter if he did this manually or with the help of a human spinner, the fact is he did spin his content as he did infact change his articles.

      Jane Blane - Submits her url's to social bookmarking sites and uses the ability to randomly select betwen 3 different title and descriptions. Well here we are again... Jane just did the exact same thing, she spun her content.

      Mary Terry - Has 10 blogs and uses an auto blog posting system to post to her blogs but the post titles and keywords are randomly changed by the auto poster. The titles and keywords was written by Mary and entered into the system to be used at random. So now Mary also has spun her content.

      You see it happens every single day and in many different forms. It does not matter if you are creating google adword pages on the fly, posting to your own blogs, submitting articles, bookmarking, or whatever else you are doing. There are many that change titles, descriptions, summaries, keywords, and etc.. and when they do they are doing exactly what many put down, Spinning Content..

      James
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[657061].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rickjh
    Well said Joseph,
    The entire "article marketing" thing is driven by the assumption that links from crappy article sites are worth something. I doubt it.

    There is a reason for there being thousands of newspapers around the world, many with similar content. But there is no reason for there being thousands of article sites all with more or less the same content. No reason other than getting links. It sure isn't because you want to expose your article to real people, because nobody ever looks at most of these sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[657066].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author abelacts
    Article spinners can do so much. And they have limitations. If you don't mind crappy output from the software, go ahead and use them to churn out articles. But if you want to have high quality articles, nothing beats human writers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[657071].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Shakul
    Article spinners are basically for getting backlinks, or submitting articles to 100s of directories or for adsense sites/blogs...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[657376].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TheRichJerksNet
      Originally Posted by Shakul View Post

      Article spinners are basically for getting backlinks, or submitting articles to 100s of directories or for adsense sites/blogs...
      You have no idea how wrong that statement really is...

      James
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[658089].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sylviad
        The best use of an article spinner is to create quality replacement paragraphs that flow with the rest of the article when the spinner goes to work. It's important when writing those pieces that you stay focused on the article - what goes before and what comes after the piece you're working on.

        Once you've done that, the spinner will take each paragraph and inter-mix them to create new articles.

        It does take a bit of time to go through your original article and, in essence, rewrite it a paragraph at a time, perhaps as much as 3 times - depending on the spinner you are using.

        The work is worth it in the end if you're using a good spinner. That's really the challenge. Your ability to rewrite well and having a quality spinner. Some end up causing you more work because they don't work properly.

        Don't confuse spinners with rewriters. The rewriters replace words and phrases in your document (using synonyms) but that doesn't work (unless you are doing the replacements manually). Spinners take your exact words and simply rearrange and inter-mix the paragraphs.

        As far as finding quality writers, you have to do your homework. First, it's best if you can get a referral from someone you trust. Next, check out their credentials and ask for samples. If you feel relatively satisfied, give them a small order of say, 5 articles on your topics, to see how well they do. Make your decision from there. Once you find quality writers who deliver, pay them well because they will be worth it - saving you tons of time in many ways.

        If you decide to write the articles yourself, make it easy by doing a short intro, a list of tips and a closing paragraph. You'd need 6-7 articles a day to reach 200, but tips lists can be done very fast, ie: 5 Ways to Improve Your Love Life

        Regarding ethics... the only concern in this regard is whether you are passing the spun articles as unique. If you submit one to a site in your niche as part of a JV exchange or something, then they should be getting a quality article that isn't scattered all over the internet and that isn't just a rehash of someone else's article.

        Sylvia
        Signature
        :: Got a dog? Visit my blog. Dog Talk Weekly
        :: Writing, Audio Transcription Services? - Award-winning Journalist is taking new projects. Warrior Discounts!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[658197].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillDee
    Personally, I'm all in favour of using article spinners to increase the volume of articles I'm able to produce in a short space of time.

    My reasoning is that an article spinner, like a code generator for programming, helps me churn through repetitive tasks at a much faster rate.

    I could use notepad or Word to create 10 different articles by using search and replace, or I could include 5 variations of a *well crafted* sentence and a spinner, and I'd achive the same result in far less time using the spinner.

    clink clink, 2c deposited.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[657483].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cashcow
    I think there needs to be a sticky here at the WF that explains the difference between *fully automatic* article spinners (the Baaaaad ones), and *manual* article spinners (the Goooood ones).
    I think you hit the nail on the head with this statement. Gonna take a long time to educate people on this though.

    To answer the original question, though, I don't think spinners will have any impact on writers at all. We still need the original articles. Both are a smart part of your overall marketing strategy.

    Lee
    Signature
    Gone Fishing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[657768].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author slimshady22248202
    I think a cool way to create an article is use Dragon Naturally Speaking Software, Speak into it. It types as you speak. Go back and edit it.

    What is your opinion on this?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[658254].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author M4UNow
      Banned
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[658389].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JazzOscar
        I think I understand what James try to tell people;

        A good article spinner is not some kind of purely automatic application that, untouched by humans, produce a large number of more or less crappy articles.

        A good article spinner is a semi-automatic application that, with necessary human assistance, makes you much more effective at what you're already good at, leaving you in control of the output and it's quality.

        What I'm wondering about though is; Does what's discussed in the thread below, that I read some time ago, make the whole article spinning process less necessary?

        http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...-ploy-not.html
        Signature

        Oscar Toft

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[658629].message }}
  • [Vince checks himself for injuries, wounds and malaise] Nope, article spinners are not killing article writers.

    In fact, I've reviewed a couple of these items. I can tell you, they are only semi-automatic, at best. You have to use your brain to use them correctly. Is that a problem for any of you?:p
    Signature
    "The will to prepare to win is more important than the will to win." -- misquoting Coach Vince Lombardi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[658656].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JazzOscar
      Originally Posted by Vince Runza Online View Post

      -----
      You have to use your brain to use them correctly. Is that a problem for any of you?:p
      Not for me.

      In fact I prefer to use it now and then.
      Signature

      Oscar Toft

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[658780].message }}
      • Originally Posted by JazzOscar View Post

        Not for me.

        In fact I prefer to use it now and then.
        True story: I was visiting my parents last year. My mother was teasing my father. I said, "Pop, she's just playing with your head."

        He replied, "That's okay, she can play with it. I'm not using it!"
        Signature
        "The will to prepare to win is more important than the will to win." -- misquoting Coach Vince Lombardi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[658927].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dndoseller
    I have found that it is faster for me to write an article than to use a spinner. I think the software is a complete waste of time.

    Also, I have had plenty of excellent experiences with articles writers on elance and here on WF.
    Signature
    DanoSongs.com - Royalty Free Music for Marketing Videos

    No sign up required to try my music in your video.

    Just click to listen and download. No cost to try, only pay when you publish.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[659709].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BizBoost
    Originally Posted by darrellw View Post

    Getting ready to start Article writing to point to a website I have and have been reading the WF to get some insight into the best way to go about it.

    To be honest I'm a bit overwhelmed !!!!

    I have a 9-5, family etc (all the usual excuses!!) and am trying to figure out how to find the time to write 200 articles a month. My first experience with hiring an article writer was bad and was ripped off so won't do that again in a hurry.

    I then started reading about article spinning software !!!!!

    Do you think it's ethical ?

    Is it worth the risk of getting slapped by google for bad content ?

    Could you share your experiences/ideas with using this software or even best/most effective way to start an article campaign

    Would it be best to learn to write articles if you're in it for the long haul ?

    Thanks for reading!
    You're welcome, darrel. Here's my definitive answer:

    COMBINE METHODS FOR GREATER RESULTS.
    1. You can write articles yourself; or,
    2. Pay someone to write articles for you; or,
    3. Spin PLR from membership sites.
    All 3 methods both, individually, AND combined yield greater results than any one method alone.

    But, if you're pressed for time, write 5-10 articles. Pay a freelancer to write 5-10 articles, and then SPIN THOSE into 200 articles. A great site is

    Free Article Spinning and Unique Article Submitter - Jetsubmitter which spins AND submits

    Your freelancers articles will not only be highly unique, but the spun versions will be more unique since they're not spun PLR.

    But you can still spin PLR with SOME of the articles doing well for you...

    Combine all... check results... as you make more money, you can begin paying for all new articles if you so wish.

    BEst wishes,
    Eric
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[659751].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MeTellYou
    Spinning will never outdo the actual writing. You can get content done really well for really cheap, and it's going to be more readable than the best spin you can get.

    It really does depend what you use the articles for. If it's only backlinks and stuff, then it might be good, but I would still prefer human made stuff.

    Sebastian
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[660224].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DirectoryKing
    Article spinning does not work. Its is a waste of time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[661197].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BizBoost
      Originally Posted by DirectoryKing View Post

      Article spinning does not work. Its is a waste of time.
      Not doubting you, but please elaborate. Did you try it? If so, to what extent? I mean, spinning a few articles might not work, but spinning 200 articles into 2000 versions is another story.

      Look forward to your reply, thanks,
      Eric
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[661215].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bounty_hunt3r
    an excellent writer will always make money
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[661213].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mogili
    I don't think article spinning software is killing article writers. In fact, article spinning software is no match to a skilled writers output. In fact, good writers are always in demand. In my view, going for article spinning software is a mere waste of your precious time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[661806].message }}

Trending Topics