Best membership plugin for Wordpress

52 replies
Hi,
I'm looking for easy to use membership plugin for Wordpress. I consider DAP, but it seems complicated. Is there any other options out there? I want to add upsell in my product, therefore, this plugin should support upsell as well.
#membership #plugin #wordpress
  • Profile picture of the author FelixUng
    Hi Azlan,

    Wishlist is the best membership plugin for WordPress. Check it out!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7265510].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shintaiguy
    I second that I think wishlist is great but many top WSO sellers are favouring DAP as they claim it is more secure, personally I think it creates more problems for creator and users. There is also kajabi but I have never tried it and it is expensive but integrates well with a lot of other software. If you are strapped for cash you can try membersgear software which is free.

    Free Membership Software
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7265554].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maz1207
    Wishlist is the best options since most marketers use that. I'm using Fast Members plugin for membership sites. Got it at a discounted price when it was first launch on WF.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7265635].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IMPower5
    Veena and Ravi over at DigitalAccessPass.com have a great product. Besides the great product, they have great service. Anytime I have asked a question about how to use a feature, I have either gotten an answer right away OR was sent a link to a page that had step-by-step showing me exactly how to move forward.

    I recommend that you visit this site to see what they offer if you are serious about building membership sites as a business model.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7266187].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ravijayagopal
    Hi Shintaiguy,

    Originally Posted by shintaiguy View Post

    many top WSO sellers are favouring DAP as they claim it is more secure, personally I think it creates more problems for creator and users.
    I wonder what makes you say that? Because "more secure" doesn't necessarily mean "more problems", so I'm guessing it must be something else :-)

    Originally Posted by AzlanR2 View Post

    Hi,
    I'm looking for easy to use membership plugin for Wordpress. I consider DAP, but it seems complicated
    Azlan, if you see our Quick-start Guide, you'll see that DAP is actually quite simple to use - only 3 main steps really: Create product, add content, publish buy button. Feel free to contact me offline if you have any further questions.

    - Ravi Jayagopal
    Signature
    SubscribeMe.fm
    Podcast about Membership Sites & Online Courses
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7266253].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author shintaiguy
      Originally Posted by ravijayagopal View Post

      Hi Shintaiguy,



      I wonder what makes you say that? Because "more secure" doesn't necessarily mean "more problems", so I'm guessing it must be something else :-)


      - Ravi Jayagopal
      Creates more support issues as the initial log in process is not as simple or straight forward as the wishlist one. Security comes with complexity it may be a simple process for you but most internet users have a 5th grade education level so it's not for them.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7273021].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ravijayagopal
        Hi Shintaiguy,

        I'm afraid you're mistaken about this.

        If you're using Paypal, Authorize.net, Paypal Website Payments Pro or 1ShoppingCart, DAP has a feature called "Login Xpress", where the buyer is *automatically* logged in to the member's area *immediately* after completing checkout - basically seconds after they hit the "Buy" button. How could it possibly get any simpler than that? :-)

        So they're logged in right away, as well as the welcome email (containing their login information) is also (optionally) sent to the buyer's email, so they can refer to it at a later time. It's all instant, and seamless. So not sure why you would say it's complicated.

        You also will NOT find even one DAP user complaining about the dreaded "temp" or "hung" users that hundreds, if not thousands, of our competition's users complain about ;-)

        So, if you can share specific examples, I'll be happy to address them. And yes, I'll be the first to accept facts too. We don't hide anything, and we don't make false promises anywhere on our site either.

        But making a generalized statement like that without any specifics makes it hard for us to defend against, especially if they're untrue. So hope you'll be fair in your criticism and opinions about DAP :-)

        Originally Posted by shintaiguy View Post

        Creates more support issues as the initial log in process is not as simple or straight forward as the wishlist one. Security comes with complexity it may be a simple process for you but most internet users have a 5th grade education level so it's not for them.
        - Ravi Jayagopal
        Signature
        SubscribeMe.fm
        Podcast about Membership Sites & Online Courses
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7277533].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jutipum
    For WordPress, I recommend OptimizePress.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7266266].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dietriffic
    DAP.

    Hands down.
    Signature

    — Melanie (RD)

    Weight loss/fitness marketers earn 75% per sale with... The Fat Reversal Formula
    Join me: Twitter and Facebook

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7266410].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CalinDan
    DAP, Optimize Press, Profits Theme, Wishlist...

    I can say every one of these can work well and get you started on your projects easily. From my point of view, it's just a matter of personal preference.

    Check out their sales pages, see what gets your attention, and go with it.

    Regards,
    Dan
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7266424].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author braincandy7
    I use S2member which once setup is very easy to use. Nice thing about it as well is that they have a free version which is pretty good. The paid option includes a few extra functions but to be honest you prob will not need them.

    If you need any help setting it up let me know. It can look daunting when you first look at it because they give overly detailed instructions especially if you are integrating paypal. Don't actually need to use most of the setting though for a fully functional paid membership site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7267269].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author justme007
      Originally Posted by braincandy7 View Post

      I use S2member which once setup is very easy to use...
      If you need any help setting it up let me know. It can look daunting when you first look at it because they give overly detailed instructions especially if you are integrating paypal. Don't actually need to use most of the setting though for a fully functional paid membership site.
      Yea S2member seems powerful and good. I'm still trying to figure it out and set it up myself.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7736912].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dylan4f
    s2member.. great free membership plugin..covers many great features
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7267295].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BeechHill
      There must be a good 30 membership solutions out there. Some dated and not supported well. Look for those that are. In most cases people never get past the basic solutions. DAP and Wishlist are great products, but S2member may be all that you need and you can start for free.

      Another product I use and recommend for WordPress with great support is WP eMember, which compliments a suite of other products they offer like WP eStore and WP Affiliate Platform. The price is more then reasonable for unlimited sites you own.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7268341].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jfoppoli
        Originally Posted by BeechHill View Post

        There must be a good 30 membership solutions out there. Some dated and not supported well. Look for those that are. In most cases people never get past the basic solutions. DAP and Wishlist are great products, but S2member may be all that you need and you can start for free.

        Another product I use and recommend for WordPress with great support is WP eMember, which compliments a suite of other products they offer like WP eStore and WP Affiliate Platform. The price is more then reasonable for unlimited sites you own.
        I have been using WPEmember for about 6 months. The Plugin is amazing. The support is terrible. They are great when everything goes well, but in my case, there was a little problem with the plugin and after I asked a few questions they denied support to me on the grounds that they offer a product, not a service. This is something they fail to mention when you sign up. And I just asked genuine questions. Right now I am seriously considering starting legal actions against them as my whole business is built around their plugin and I cannot get the support I was promised when I signed up. Word of advice, beware! I would run if I could!
        Signature
        Julio Foppoli
        Author of Jump Start Your Spanish
        The Most Radically Effective Starter Spanish Program EVER Developed!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7292604].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author BeechHill
          Originally Posted by jfoppoli View Post

          I have been using WPEmember for about 6 months. The Plugin is amazing. The support is terrible. They are great when everything goes well, but in my case, there was a little problem with the plugin and after I asked a few questions they denied support to me on the grounds that they offer a product, not a service. This is something they fail to mention when you sign up. And I just asked genuine questions. Right now I am seriously considering starting legal actions against them as my whole business is built around their plugin and I cannot get the support I was promised when I signed up. Word of advice, beware! I would run if I could!
          Depends on your question. If it lays outside the bounds of the actual plugin or a feature thats not supported, then I can see where they are coming from. I've had numerous questions which they've responded to in a timely and courteous manner. My only problem with them when it comes to support is the time difference between them and me.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7309677].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author jfoppoli
            Originally Posted by BeechHill View Post

            Depends on your question. If it lays outside the bounds of the actual plugin or a feature thats not supported, then I can see where they are coming from. I've had numerous questions which they've responded to in a timely and courteous manner. My only problem with them when it comes to support is the time difference between them and me.
            I agree with you. The plugin is great and I could set it up easily which is saying a lot considering I am not a technical person. Also, the support at first was very good indeed. My problem with them was that one day they stopped responding and that could be a problem if you are relying on it. And I am not talking about some time difference, I am talking about no reply for more than 15 days and to have to be almost chasing them to get an answer.
            Signature
            Julio Foppoli
            Author of Jump Start Your Spanish
            The Most Radically Effective Starter Spanish Program EVER Developed!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7309751].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nvrstop
    I use solostream and I couldn't be happier !
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7268490].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nvrstop
    Never mind. Read that wrong.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7268499].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paul nicholls
    I have my own IM membership and I use optimize press for the platform and fastmember for the membership script/security

    It`s a great combination and fast member has lots of other great features in it too

    Paul
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7268875].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nithiyaah
    If you are in string budget, use s2member. Eventhough at first it sounds so complicated in setting up everything but I'll still go for it. With little tweak you can add the upsell option. However if you have some cash to invest, then settle down with DAP because it is really awesome. By the way if you need a hand in setting up s2member or DAP just PM me. I can help you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7269413].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheNewJames
    I use DAP.

    It might seem complicated just from looking at it - I was a little intimidated at first - but once you start clicking around, it makes perfect sense. There are also tons of video tutorials and written tutorials.

    The reason it looks "big and complicated" is because it has so many functions. You can easily go real basic - and if you want to go deeper, there are a lot of options available!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7269960].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GBCR4D
    So here's what I found from everyone's posts - to summarize the list:
    Optimize Press theme ($97), MemberSonic, aMember, MembersGear (Free), FastMembers, Magic Members WP Plug-in**, Profits Theme, S2member (w/Free version), WP eMember (& eStore & WP Affiliate Platform), SoloStream, (Optimize Press for the platform & FastMember for membership script/security)

    And a lot more - good for a start though. That's really it too, just go start.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7271881].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author edpudol1973
    I am using Magic Members....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7272026].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author redchillies
    OptimizePress, Magic Members, Fast Members, Wishlist, DAP and Profits theme are some recommended membership plugins for wordpress users.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7272358].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cheeth
    whats the best for beginners to use when just starting out on membership sites?
    Signature
    YouTube Views 100% Adsense Safe
    Yes our YouTube views still work because we use PTC networks with real traffic, never had a video banned in 3 years of service ->
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7272621].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aizaku
    wishlist is my favorite
    Signature
    >> 2018 Money Making Method Video Guides [NO OPTIN] <<
    80% Of These Proven Guides Are Free... ]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7272753].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alexbardera
    I have come across this comparison, if this can help:

    Top 10 Best Free, Premium WordPress Membership Plugins

    Alex.
    Signature

    "Keep cool."

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7272958].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SergioFelix
    Just to clarify... Optimize Press is NOT a membership script itself.

    It's just a wordpress theme that was designed for membership sites but it doesn't has any kind of security built-in, you still need a way to secure your content (DAP, WLM, etc).
    Signature
    My Zero To Hero Marketing Blog
    MarketingWithSergio.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7273396].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author syedqurat
    try to WP-member but its all about what your requirement many member ship plugin availabe.
    Signature
    NS Layout Website Design & SEO Services
    WORDPRESS | DRUPAL | JOOMLA | MAGENTO | PHP | HTML | CSS |
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7277647].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jfoppoli
    The main problem with DAP is that after a year if you need support and / or upgrades, they are not free. And the plugin itself is not very easy to learn. I had it for about 3 years now but setting everything up can be a real challenge. Also,if you buy a multisite license, bear in mind that they would install it in ONE of the sites, yet, if you need to put it in additional sites, they charge you $29 per site. It is a great plugin but the price can go up very quickly. If you look at the sales page it would seem the others try to charge you for everything while DAP doesn't. Not quite IMHO.
    Signature
    Julio Foppoli
    Author of Jump Start Your Spanish
    The Most Radically Effective Starter Spanish Program EVER Developed!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7292617].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Amanda Murdoch
      Thanks for all these replies.
      I wanted to ask the same question - I want to put a product on clickbank -do all of these member plug ins integrate with the clickbank system easily?
      I am a total newbie at this!!
      Signature
      Get More Out Of Your Business ...
      Marketing Consulting, Training & Coaching
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7292686].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ravijayagopal
      I'm sure there are developers who offer free lifetime support and upgrades. After all, what do they care? They're not going to be around for much longer after the sale anyway for you to collect on your "lifetime free support" :-)

      All you have to do is search the Warrior Forum for about 5 minutes, to see software and plugin threads overflowing with complaints about tech support, customer service, fraudulent charges, dishonored refunds, and un-kept promises.

      DAP turned 4 years old last month, and the things you will never hear from anyone is a complaint about our customer service or tech support.

      We are the only company that offers you free installation on one web site with your purchase (we even set up your cron job in your cpanel!). And if you buy a multi-site license, you can install DAP on an unlimited number of your own sites for free - and there's absolutely no charge if you install it yourself (duh!).

      So you are welcome to install it on a hundred - or a thousand - of your own web sites, for absolutely no charge. We only charge you a nominal fee if you want US to install it FOR YOU on YOUR web site. So you're saying we should do even that service for free?

      Of course, what some folks ideally want is this...
      • You basically you want us to install DAP on an unlimited number of your web sites for free.
      • AND you want lifetime free support, lifetime free software upgrades
      • AND you would of course want frequently updated software
      • AND no question, you want all bugs fixed and features added constantly
      • AND you want top-notch, quick, helpful and passionate customer service and tech support - weekdays, nights and weekends
      • ... AND all of this should be FREE too - FOR LIFE. Right? :-)
      Of course, one can have any kind of expectations they want - who says they have to be reasonable or practical ;-)

      And there's absolutely nothing hidden about our pricing - nothing to make it "go up very quickly". You get a ton of features for free that most others charge for or require you to sign up for a separate software or service for, and what you see on our sales page about what you could save, is exactly what you could save with DAP.

      We even have detailed comparison documentation about things like "DAP vs Aweber" or "DAP vs ClickBank" or "DAP vs 1ShoppingCart", etc, so you can see for yourself, well in advance of buying DAP, about exactly what you get with DAP, and what you don't, so you can make an educated decision about DAP.

      Originally Posted by jfoppoli View Post

      The main problem with DAP is that after a year if you need support and / or upgrades, they are not free. And the plugin itself is not very easy to learn. I had it for about 3 years now but setting everything up can be a real challenge. Also,if you buy a multisite license, bear in mind that they would install it in ONE of the sites, yet, if you need to put it in additional sites, they charge you $29 per site. It is a great plugin but the price can go up very quickly. If you look at the sales page it would seem the others try to charge you for everything while DAP doesn't. Not quite IMHO.
      - Ravi Jayagopal
      PS: There are no "opinions" in "math" :-)
      Signature
      SubscribeMe.fm
      Podcast about Membership Sites & Online Courses
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7297262].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jfoppoli
        Originally Posted by ravijayagopal View Post

        I'm sure there are developers who offer free lifetime support and upgrades. After all, what do they care? They're not going to be around for much longer after the sale anyway for you to collect on your "lifetime free support" :-)

        All you have to do is search the Warrior Forum for about 5 minutes, to see software and plugin threads overflowing with complaints about tech support, customer service, fraudulent charges, dishonored refunds, and un-kept promises.

        DAP turned 4 years old last month, and the things you will never hear from anyone is a complaint about our customer service or tech support.

        We are the only company that offers you free installation on one web site with your purchase (we even set up your cron job in your cpanel!). And if you buy a multi-site license, you can install DAP on an unlimited number of your own sites for free - and there's absolutely no charge if you install it yourself (duh!).

        So you are welcome to install it on a hundred - or a thousand - of your own web sites, for absolutely no charge. We only charge you a nominal fee if you want US to install it FOR YOU on YOUR web site. So you're saying we should do even that service for free?

        Of course, what some folks ideally want is this...
        • You basically you want us to install DAP on an unlimited number of your web sites for free.
        • AND you want lifetime free support, lifetime free software upgrades
        • AND you would of course want frequently updated software
        • AND no question, you want all bugs fixed and features added constantly
        • AND you want top-notch, quick, helpful and passionate customer service and tech support - weekdays, nights and weekends
        • ... AND all of this should be FREE too - FOR LIFE. Right? :-)
        Of course, one can have any kind of expectations they want - who says they have to be reasonable or practical ;-)

        And there's absolutely nothing hidden about our pricing - nothing to make it "go up very quickly". You get a ton of features for free that most others charge for or require you to sign up for a separate software or service for, and what you see on our sales page about what you could save, is exactly what you could save with DAP.

        We even have detailed comparison documentation about things like "DAP vs Aweber" or "DAP vs ClickBank" or "DAP vs 1ShoppingCart", etc, so you can see for yourself, well in advance of buying DAP, about exactly what you get with DAP, and what you don't, so you can make an educated decision about DAP.



        - Ravi Jayagopal
        PS: There are no "opinions" in "math" :-)
        If you look at your DAP page, it seems everyone else is charging for everything and DAP doesn't. Not quite like that. I heard great things about your plugin, I am currently a customer. The install says it is a WP plugin but it is not as simple as a regular WP plugin install that you click and that is it. Unless that has changed, you need to know quite a bit to do that on your own. If it were as simple as any plugin, no one would require the install and I wouldn't even have mentioned that. So that definitely adds to the cost.

        Unless the plugin is a true WP plugin, which could have changed recently and I am unaware of, if you have 10 sites, you would be forking out $290 more just to have them installed. With a simple WP plugin you click and you are done.

        Also it suggests the idea that it is a one time purchase and that is it is a bit unreal, unless it all works 100% well all the time, forever. Unless that is the case you will have to buy a yearly license or renew it if you don't want to fall behind and the extra installs, etc. It could be cheaper than other options, but way more expensive as well-


        As you say, there are no opinions in math.
        Signature
        Julio Foppoli
        Author of Jump Start Your Spanish
        The Most Radically Effective Starter Spanish Program EVER Developed!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7308082].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author ravijayagopal
          Hi jfoppoli,

          I don't wish to argue any more than this one last response...

          What you say is completely untrue. We do not charge for many things that others charge for. You really need to do the math (correctly, of course) of getting an additional shopping cart (service or software), cost of a content-dripping plugin, cost of an autoresponder service like Aweber, cost of 1-click upsell service, and not to forget, cost of affiliate software, etc.

          And DAP gives you ALL of that - for free. No charge. Ever.

          And yes, DAP is very much a one-time purchase. Even my car was a one-time purchase. Even my house was a one-time purchase. So was my iphone and ipad. But guess what? None of them are guaranteed to work 100% forever. I have to take my car that I paid tens of thousands of dollars for, for service every so often. I have to put gas in it. I have to change the tires and batteries if they wear out.

          You are being highly impractical if you expect to pay for something once and have it work perfectly forever.

          But like I said earlier, everyone has the right to have completely unreasonable and unrealistic expectations. Nobody can take that away from them.

          Even the Mac or Windows software you buy, will not work forever, because as technology improves and you get better computers, better screens, better printers, better wifi technology, better graphic drivers, higher RAM, etc, you need to upgrade to newer versions. Many of the professional software that I purchased when I was using Windows 98 or 2000 or XP, doesn't work on Windows 7. I'm sure when it goes to Windows 8 or 9 or 10, and I upgrade to a computer with Dual-core, then Quadcore, then blahblah-core, I will need to upgrade my version of Camtasia or Dreamweaver. And that won't be free.

          But Camtasia or Dreamweaver are still very much one-time purchases. Doesn't make them "recurring" purchases just because you need to upgrade to keep up with technology.

          Same goes for your membership site.

          If you don't upgrade your WP version, or your host doesn't change anything, or Aweber doesn't change anything, or Paypal doesn't change anything - forever, then sure, DAP will work 100% forever. And you will never have to pay us a single dime ever again for the rest of your life.

          But guess what? In the real world - where most of us live- nothing is static. Paypal's API's change, Aweber's API's change, your web host's OS will change, email servers change, payment processors change, WP versions change.

          Heck, even WarriorPlus came out with the new Adaptive payments option after many years, and JVZoo is constantly adding things - even Amazon keeps switching things up.

          If you expect to buy DAP just once and then want it to work forever without ever having to upgrade, then you are being unrealistic, to say the least.

          So, I will say this again: DAP is a one-time purchase. You never have to renew. You don't have to upgrade. You don't have to pay for installation. You don't have to pay for a whole host of features that come for free, along with incredible, passionate support and well-maintained software brought to you by folks who have been around for a long time, and who will continue to be for years to come.

          Of course, you are welcome to disagree, but that won't mean you're right.

          I don't wish to get into a mud-slinging match here. So, regardless of what you say, I will not be responding further here out of respect to others in this forum.

          I simply had to make this point, and I rest my case.

          Originally Posted by jfoppoli View Post

          If you look at your DAP page, it seems everyone else is charging for everything and DAP doesn't. Not quite like that. I heard great things about your plugin, I am currently a customer. The install says it is a WP plugin but it is not as simple as a regular WP plugin install that you click and that is it. Unless that has changed, you need to know quite a bit to do that on your own. If it were as simple as any plugin, no one would require the install and I wouldn't even have mentioned that. So that definitely adds to the cost.

          Unless the plugin is a true WP plugin, which could have changed recently and I am unaware of, if you have 10 sites, you would be forking out $290 more just to have them installed. With a simple WP plugin you click and you are done.

          Also it suggests the idea that it is a one time purchase and that is it is a bit unreal, unless it all works 100% well all the time, forever. Unless that is the case you will have to buy a yearly license or renew it if you don't want to fall behind and the extra installs, etc. It could be cheaper than other options, but way more expensive as well-


          As you say, there are no opinions in math.
          - Ravi Jayagopal
          Signature
          SubscribeMe.fm
          Podcast about Membership Sites & Online Courses
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7308833].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author jfoppoli
            DAP is not a car, a house or any of the things you mentioned before. There is plenty of software that offers that for free once you buy. Just Google it and it is not a big mystery. And you say this:

            So, I will say this again: DAP is a one-time purchase. You never have to renew. You don't have to upgrade. You don't have to pay for installation. You don't have to pay for a whole host of features that come for free, along with incredible, passionate support and well-maintained software brought to you by folks who have been around for a long time, and who will continue to be for years to come.

            I bought DAP in 2010. I do have to renew. I can-t install it myself because although it is a "plugin" it does not work as a plugin in that you click and that is it. I have no support unless I pay again or upgrade. I have no doubt about your passion and the many features DAP has. Your software is great, but not one time purchases like other membership software. For many warriors here, price is an important factors. I am just talking about that. My mention of all this was for someone eager to buy a membership program to know that DAP is not just a one time purchase and forget about it, unless you live in a perfect world in which nothing changes, which is never the case.

            I rest my case too.
            Signature
            Julio Foppoli
            Author of Jump Start Your Spanish
            The Most Radically Effective Starter Spanish Program EVER Developed!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7309127].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
    Signature

    Entrepreneurs starting out and small businesses without giant staffs and budgets.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7292855].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shabit87
    I'm happy with Wishlist, if you don't mind using HTML, there are tons of options. Personally I'd get my own developed, it's easier than you think and you can list the features most important to you. Get it done for "free" by selling it to people with like needs. Let me know if you're interested in this and I can give you some pointers to hiring a developer to fulfill your needs!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7293216].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bruce Wedding
    Check out my S2 Member video. Anyone that thinks this is hard... well you don't have what it takes. This is as easy as it gets.
    Setup a Full-Blown Membership Site in 34 Minutes… Free! | WP Video Notes
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7297320].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author markmatthews
    I am a DAP user and for me as a newbie it is really cool and easy to use.
    Just read the user manual or documentation.

    I believe if you have a question, DAP has a good response for support.
    Signature

    Skadoosh!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7297508].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Catonahottinroof
    Had anyone tried Membership by wpmudev WordPress Membership Plugin - WPMU Dev
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7297903].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Evocess
    I would highly recommend you to have WISHLIST to be the membership plugin.

    We really love using WISHLIST since then, we even suggest it to our clients.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7308193].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author celente
    has to be optimize press with the free or paid S2 member plugins.

    Awesome even a dimwit techno dweeb can set it up...and if I can, anyone else can.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7309148].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johndetlefs
    Optimizepress I think is the easiest in terms of setting up the pages of a membership site, and looks great to boot, and DAP is probably IMO the best membership plugin out there.

    That said, and clearly Ravi is pretty passionate about it, DAP is definitely trickier to install and configure, and so if you want something that's not as good, but easier to set up, then i'd go Wishlist Member.

    You'll get much better support with Ravi and DAP though, as I found Wishlist Member support to be abysmal (in fact when I had issues they basically never came back to me).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7430724].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author G.W.
    What you need in a membership plugin a little or a lot wp salesautomator. worth your time to check it out.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7430792].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ettienne
    "Amember" or "ProfitsTheme" are both worth checking out.
    Signature
    Need SEO and Backlinks?
    Get a 30-Day FREE Trial
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7431630].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Snatch
    Nice thread, going to check out the free membership plugins first see if it works for me. Trying the free version of s2member, real pain in the #ss. Sick of it, looking for another one.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7567605].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author blackli0n
    I have DAP and I'm 100% satisfied with it, it's awesome.
    Signature
    wpjohnny.com - Make Money with Wordpress
    Passive income since 2007. Trying to consistently crack 5-figures/month. find what you love - dream big - work hard
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7568040].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Julius Minor
    DAP & Optimizepress.. don't settle for less I have used all of the above and this combo works for me.. (my opinion)..
    Signature
    Real.. Proven.. Money Making Methods
    juliusminor.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7689686].message }}

Trending Topics