Flippa listing - $600/month adsense verified and only 2 bids. Whats wrong?

37 replies
Hey people,

I posted on another thread but i thought it would be better to make a thread.

I have a website beeing sold at flippa, makig $600/month on adsense, with adsense verified for more than 12 months, the website is totally autopilot (not like others say that it is but it is not. This one is really no work if you want.) and there is only 2 bids and 9 people watching. Why? What i am doing wrong?
#$600 or month #adsense #bids #flippa #listing #verified #wrong
  • Profile picture of the author shabit87
    Originally Posted by VipGuest View Post

    Hey people,

    I posted on another thread but i thought it would be better to make a thread.

    I have a website beeing sold at flippa, makig $600/month on adsense, with adsense verified for more than 12 months, the website is totally autopilot (not like others say that it is but it is not. This one is really no work if you want.) and there is only 2 bids and 9 people watching. Why? What i am doing wrong?
    Well what price did you start at? A higher price point can scare folks into thinking that there is no way they can win. It's discouraging.

    I see it all the time. You should consider what is the lowest you'd sell for, consider closing the auction and revamping some things, starting with the starting price, possibly no reserve.

    Also do a video walkthrough of the site. Sell them the possibility of owning such a winning site and what comes with it. Offer bonuses such as consulting, additional support, insider tips to how they can build more sites like they one they've one.

    Add value beyond simply owning the site. Also be clear the expenses of the site. It's rough to sell a site earning $600 when expenses are $500.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7331911].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BackLinkiT
      When you say 'totally autopilot' what do you mean?

      My understanding is that is a breach of the Adsense ToS, which may explain the apparent lack of interest from buyers worried about getting banned.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7331944].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author rowbot
        The site is in Portuguese which would limit my interest. It wouldn't be possible for me to make any changes or additions to the site. Can't get interested in it myself, and maybe a lot of English only people would feel the same way.

        To me that seems important enough that it should have been mentioned in the op.

        Originally Posted by damienboyd View Post

        When you say 'totally autopilot' what do you mean?

        My understanding is that is a breach of the Adsense ToS
        How does autopilot breach the adsense tos?
        Signature

        Mess with me and you mess with the whole trailer park.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7332127].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author BackLinkiT
          Originally Posted by rowbot View Post

          How does autopilot breach the adsense tos?
          Sorry, my mistake. It's not the ToS. Adsense Publishers are required to adhere to the Webmaster Quality Guidelines.

          See http://support.google.com/webmasters...=16vh80ih77jb0

          Scroll down to Quality guidelines - specific guidelines

          And specifically:

          Automatically generated content - Webmaster Tools Help
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7332835].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author VipGuest
            Originally Posted by damienboyd View Post

            Sorry, my mistake. It's not the ToS. Adsense Publishers are required to adhere to the Webmaster Quality Guidelines.

            See Webmaster Guidelines - Webmaster Tools Help

            Scroll down to Quality guidelines - specific guidelines

            And specifically:

            Automatically generated content - Webmaster Tools Help
            I think people is not understanding. Its not autopilot content!! lol

            When i say autopilot is the income! Because the website is so popular here that people write the website on google or enter directly to see if the router is safe. There is NO autopilot content!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7333021].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author BackLinkiT
              Originally Posted by VipGuest View Post

              I think people is not understanding. Its not autopilot content!! lol

              When i say autopilot is the income! Because the website is so popular here that people write the website on google or enter directly to see if the router is safe. There is NO autopilot content!
              That's my mistake then. Sorry, old chap!
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7333806].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author rowbot
            Originally Posted by damienboyd View Post

            Scroll down to Quality guidelines - specific guidelines

            And specifically:

            Automatically generated content - Webmaster Tools Help
            He wasn't talking about the content being generated on autopilot. He said that the earnings are. The content is static, and it seems that it doesn't need to be updated.
            Signature

            Mess with me and you mess with the whole trailer park.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7333183].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author AlexCN
              Some really simple answers here.

              First off, as one of the other posters already mentioned, 5 bids up to $1200 with 9 people watching with over 7 days to go is a GOOD thing, not a bad thing.

              You may be new to Flippa auctions so you might think it's bad but its very good for a site similar to yours.

              NOW, if the auction does not end up commanding what you originally thought you could get, here are the things that I would think about as a potential buyer that would turn me off.

              1. It's listed on Flippa. I automatically assume every listing is a complete fraud and then work your way backwards. You will be much better off.

              2. You keep saying you have 12 months of 'verified' adsense data through Flippa. First off, Flippa will only verify 3 months, NOT 12. Secondly, it IS possible to fake this. Everything must be taken in context including the rest of the bullet points I will mention here that might raise suspicions in someones mind.

              3. You are a brand new Flippa seller - Automatic red flags

              4. You are doing some kind of wierd redirect on the site where the site I ger forwarded to is no the one that is actually for sale. If I'm a serious buyer, I may not have the time/energy to try to understand the reason for this even though it may be perfectly good. I just move along and tag your auction as a probable scam.

              5. You are selling a .Me domain, which is still very new to people. If I see a .Me domain/site, I immediately think 'newer site' or 'Flippa scam', NOT great aged adsense site

              6. You are telling me in the listing to go ask someone in portugual how great your site is - Really? Scam.

              7. To me, you site looks boring and I wouldent want to spend any time working on it. Probably because it's in Portuguese, but remember, most Flippa buyers are based in US, and a good portion of them will have zero clue what your site is about.

              Would you make a sizeable investment in a site that you had no idea what it was really about?

              8. How is a non-portuguese speaking buyer supposed to grow the site? They would not have the first clue how to add new content. Remeber, MOST people on flippa are looking for sites they can IMPROVE upon, not sites that will sit around collecting 'auto-pilot' revenues, because most people are aware there is no such thing for long term success.

              9. When I go to your site taking a look at it wil the SEO book toolbar, I see big fat ZEROS next to two big things that I use to judge if a site is faking revenue - COmpete Uniques and SEM rush traffic value.

              I know your site is not a US and that is the reason , but as a US buyer, why would I waste my time paying a huge multiple for a site that I can't build out and that looks very dodgy with all of the above items.

              Hope some of that helps.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7333383].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author VipGuest
                Some really simple answers here.

                First off, as one of the other posters already mentioned, 5 bids up to $1200 with 9 people watching with over 7 days to go is a GOOD thing, not a bad thing.

                You may be new to Flippa auctions so you might think it's bad but its very good for a site similar to yours.

                NOW, if the auction does not end up commanding what you originally thought you could get, here are the things that I would think about as a potential buyer that would turn me off.

                1. It's listed on Flippa. I automatically assume every listing is a complete fraud and then work your way backwards. You will be much better off.

                Me too. I am always at flippa and its hard to find a good deal.

                2. You keep saying you have 12 months of 'verified' adsense data through Flippa. First off, Flippa will only verify 3 months, NOT 12. Secondly, it IS possible to fake this. Everything must be taken in context including the rest of the bullet points I will mention here that might raise suspicions in someones mind.

                Sorry but flippa verify those 12 months! You can check the graph! My graph have a line made in red that means verified. I dont know if someone can cheat, but what can i do more to explain that i am not faking anything? I showed printscreen, i verified adsense revenue... what else?

                3. You are a brand new Flippa seller - Automatic red flags

                Hum... My idea is that if the user is new, maybe he will offer something new and good because its the first time. People that sells a lot usually, for me, are just creating websites to flip with low quality.

                4. You are doing some kind of wierd redirect on the site where the site I ger forwarded to is no the one that is actually for sale. If I'm a serious buyer, I may not have the time/energy to try to understand the reason for this even though it may be perfectly good. I just move along and tag your auction as a probable scam.

                I explain the redirect on comments. The redirect is because google adsense sent me an email saying that the first domain was not family-friend (because means something like NO-NO-NO-NO-.me in Portuguese. So i changed the url and its fine already with the traffic for long time now)

                5. You are selling a .Me domain, which is still very new to people. If I see a .Me domain/site, I immediately think 'newer site' or 'Flippa scam', NOT great aged adsense site

                That doesn't mean anything. .me its like most of domains... lol? I dont get your point... More, .me means the same thing in portuguese, the .me domain is only to write a phrase like F*ck.me like.me...thats another why its popular arround here, easy to remember

                6. You are telling me in the listing to go ask someone in portugual how great your site is - Really? Scam.

                Scam? You think everything is a scam? lol I say that because people can ask someone here in portugal if they have friends or family... The odds are good that those people know the website. Why scam? Scam because i am beeing honest?

                7. To me, you site looks boring and I wouldent want to spend any time working on it. Probably because it's in Portuguese, but remember, most Flippa buyers are based in US, and a good portion of them will have zero clue what your site is about.

                You are right, people on flippa are mostly form US, but that doesnt mean people cant buy a website from another country when they dont need to work on it.

                Would you make a sizeable investment in a site that you had no idea what it was really about?

                8. How is a non-portuguese speaking buyer supposed to grow the site? They would not have the first clue how to add new content. Remeber, MOST people on flippa are looking for sites they can IMPROVE upon, not sites that will sit around collecting 'auto-pilot' revenues, because most people are aware there is no such thing for long term success.

                They are not "auto-pilot" revenues, they are auto-pilot, people already know the website and visit it directly... I dont understand why its so dificult to understand... =/

                9. When I go to your site taking a look at it wil the SEO book toolbar, I see big fat ZEROS next to two big things that I use to judge if a site is faking revenue - COmpete Uniques and SEM rush traffic value.


                I know your site is not a US and that is the reason , but as a US buyer, why would I waste my time paying a huge multiple for a site that I can't build out and that looks very dodgy with all of the above items.

                Hope some of that helps.

                Seriously? That tools with toolbars doesnt work for Portugal or other small country, only works good for big one's like US, UK, and so on... If that toldbar its like the alexa toolbar, its normall since here in portugal people dont use that toldbar at all so the data is not acurate.


                Wel... I think a serious buyer will try to understand and ask questions and that type of things instead of think that everything is a scam. Let me tell you one thing. Scam is 99% of flippa listings. 3 months old with like 8k revenue per month and things like that, for me that is a scam. If i was in buy-mode and saw a website with 12 months adsense verified earnings and other things, i would pay attention to it....

                I understand some points, but other not because you think everything is a scam...How can i solve that after everything i posted on flippa listing? Only if i post a video of the adsense loggin or connect via teamviewer or something... There is not much i can do for that.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7334843].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author AlexCN
                  Remember -

                  I opened by telling you that I thought you would do very well with the sale of your site.

                  You missed the point of my post...

                  I was only giving you potential reasons buyers might look at your listing with skeptacism

                  Personally, I think your site is great and hope you sell it for top $$$

                  Good luck!
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7338908].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author VipGuest
                    Ok sorry AlexCN

                    @discrat, you are right at some points. Adsense is stable, google algo is not. Its diferent things that makes all the diference here i think because most of the traffic cames from google but from people who search the website name and a good % enter directly on it. That means the traffic is not dependent from Google algo.

                    @Alex Blades - You are right. I have now 13 people wathing and some bid's but the price is far from the price i would like to sell. Lets see what happends

                    Thank you ALL
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7339041].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Thomas Smale
    I skim read the auction and answers to questions (as most serious buyers do) and was quite confused by your explanation and answers. That would turn me off straight away.

    More patient buyers will wait to bid - you still have 7 days to go so nothing to worry about. Most bids come in the last 24 hours.
    Signature
    I specialize in selling websites over $10,000 in value. No obligation, confidential valuation here.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7331977].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author VipGuest
      Originally Posted by Thomas Smale View Post

      I skim read the auction and answers to questions (as most serious buyers do) and was quite confused by your explanation and answers. That would turn me off straight away.

      More patient buyers will wait to bid - you still have 7 days to go so nothing to worry about. Most bids come in the last 24 hours.
      I am not native english =/ What you havent understood, so i can add on it?

      I also only accept escrow, that is safe for both and the winner can check everything...

      More, i have been honest since google contacted my to change domain name because the last one was not family-friendly. (in english means NO-NO-NO-NO-) and then i changed it, all traffic is good (of corse, most of the traffic is direct and the google traffic have remained the same, everything good for a month or 2 i guess)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7331994].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Thomas Smale
        Originally Posted by VipGuest View Post

        I am not native english =/ What you havent understood, so i can add on it?

        I also only accept escrow, that is safe for both ... =/
        Escrow makes the transaction itself safe, but it doesn't mean the site is worthwhile. It seems like a borderline niche seeing as it deals with passwords - it's not something I would want to risk.

        Don't worry too much - most bids will come later anyway.
        Signature
        I specialize in selling websites over $10,000 in value. No obligation, confidential valuation here.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7332018].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author VipGuest
          Originally Posted by Thomas Smale View Post

          Escrow makes the transaction itself safe, but it doesn't mean the site is worthwhile. It seems like a borderline niche seeing as it deals with passwords - it's not something I would want to risk.

          Don't worry too much - most bids will come later anyway.
          Ok thank you

          Do you think it worths buying feature one page?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7332045].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Thomas Smale
            Originally Posted by VipGuest View Post

            Ok thank you

            Do you think it worths buying feature one page?
            Yes - although I would suggest using premium. It may cost $250 but you're likely to get more than $250 in extra bids and a lot more eyes on it.
            Signature
            I specialize in selling websites over $10,000 in value. No obligation, confidential valuation here.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7332124].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author VipGuest
    No, there is not a breach of adsense, adsense is working for 2 years and no problem. Also, my lawyer told me that its everything fine with the website, thats why i wrote a policy about how people uses the website, because we are not responsible for that. The objective is people check their router safety, and if its not safe, people should make it safe

    The website is totally autopilot because people know the website and visit it directly, sometimes they uses google to visit the website, but usually its direct to check if their router is safe or not. The website is very popular...

    I have deleted my reserve price. I have adsense verified revenue for more than 12 months, i think people like this, but i dont know why i have only 9 people watching the listing...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7331985].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Newbiemarketer76
    Take this from a newbie who has never even viewed your listing but used to view almost every listing daily months ago.

    Let me guess....you are selling because "you need the cash immediately for biggger projects" or something along those lines. That always screams BS to me. Really, I could have a million dollars in cash right now and I would not let a site making $600 a month on "autopilot" go. That is always the problem, there is usually some kind of catch and I am not knowledgeable enough in this business to see it so i usuallu go to the comments first and if I see the seller has deleted some, that is another scam bell that goes off.

    Guess it comes down to the old saying "if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is".

    In 1 auction, it ended up being found out that the site was great and actually was making the money the seller said but it was found out within a month, the site was to be worthless.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7332104].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author VipGuest
      Originally Posted by Newbiemarketer76 View Post

      Take this from a newbie who has never even viewed your listing but used to view almost every listing daily months ago.

      Let me guess....you are selling because "you need the cash immediately for biggger projects" or something along those lines. That always screams BS to me. Really, I could have a million dollars in cash right now and I would not let a site making $600 a month on "autopilot" go. That is always the problem, there is usually some kind of catch and I am not knowledgeable enough in this business to see it so i usuallu go to the comments first and if I see the seller has deleted some, that is another scam bell that goes off.

      Guess it comes down to the old saying "if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is".

      In 1 auction, it ended up being found out that the site was great and actually was making the money the seller said but it was found out within a month, the site was to be worthless.
      Thanks for your comment.

      The website is really autopilot and i have verified adsense revenue for more than 12 months I am beeing honest on comments has you can see, and i am not selling the website for bigger projects, i am selling it to create my own company and i need advanced $$. The only reason i sell is for a good money, obviously, i will not sell it for a low price since its autopilot and is makign $600 a month already with proof


      Why i think my listing is not like others:

      -I have adsense revenue verified for 12 months
      -Proof of cpa earnings from the website.
      -Only accept escrow, safe for both.
      -Not selling for a low price. Is autopilot because its popular here in my country and people visit it directly.
      -Its not a new website, the website have 2 years. Most of the listings on flippa i found are selling websites with 3 months with paypal earnings! Who bid on those? I dont understand since that paypal money can be from anywhere...
      -I am selling a website that is making good money for a far price, not cheap, so there is nothing "To good to be true"

      Am i wrong? I am trying to sell something legit and not fake... Thats why i dont understand why people only watch and do not bid. And then i see other websites with low quality, 3 months old, with a lot of bid's..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7332159].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Arunabh Singh
        Originally Posted by VipGuest View Post

        Thanks for your comment.

        The website is really autopilot and i have verified adsense revenue for more than 12 months I am beeing honest on comments has you can see, and i am not selling the website for bigger projects, i am selling it to create my own company and i need advanced $$. The only reason i sell is for a good money, obviously, i will not sell it for a low price since its autopilot and is makign $600 a month already with proof


        Why i think my listing is not like others:

        -I have adsense revenue verified for 12 months
        -Proof of cpa earnings from the website.
        -Only accept escrow, safe for both.
        -Not selling for a low price. Is autopilot because its popular here in my country and people visit it directly.
        -Its not a new website, the website have 2 years. Most of the listings on flippa i found are selling websites with 3 months with paypal earnings! Who bid on those? I dont understand since that paypal money can be from anywhere...
        -I am selling a website that is making good money for a far price, not cheap, so there is nothing "To good to be true"

        Am i wrong? I am trying to sell something legit and not fake... Thats why i dont understand why people only watch and do not bid. And then i see other websites with low quality, 3 months old, with a lot of bid's..
        Like I said in the other thread, you need to remain patient. Most of the bids tends to come when an auction is about to end and seeing that you still have more than seven days remaining in your auction I am sure it will sell for a nice amount.
        Signature

        Money Making Video Autoblogs For Sale. PM Now

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7332538].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author arranrice
    DONT WORRY! I'm an expert on flippa, I can tell you that your auction will end well. You have over 7 days to go and you have 4 bids. I can expect it selling for $5000+.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7332821].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WeavingThoughts
    Honestly anything less than 24+ months of profit (autopilot) isn't worth it. Though may be nearly impossible to get.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7332992].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author E-Estates
    You should have made this as Premium Listing to attract more bidders!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7333418].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Corey Geer
    Your buy it now may be particularly high. As a general rule of thumb, I personally feel that websites are worth 10 months of their verifiable income. $13,000 is around 20 months or so which is a hard investment for some to make.

    Also: Since you're not a Native English speaker, I would have hired a Native English speaking writer to write your Flippa ad for you which would help out considerably.
    Signature

    Skype: Coreygeer319

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7333516].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author connorbringas
      I really dont understand why you are selling it still. Just be patient and save the money up if you want to start your own company. If i had a website making 600 a month on autopilot you couldnt pry me away from that site with power tools.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7333555].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author VipGuest
    Hey thank you very much for your comments! AlexCN i will answer you lat since i am on ipad ok?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7333731].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Blades
    "but i dont know why i have only 9 people watching the listing..."

    Be patient, people like to wait till the end to try and sneak in bids. They know if they bid early, the price will go up fast, so they like to do what I call last second bidding. This happens to me on ebay when I try and buy stuff, only to lose it to these last minute bidders..
    Signature
    " I knew that if I failed, I wouldn't regret that.
    But I knew the one thing I might regret is not ever having tried. "

    ~ Jeff Bezos

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7338950].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Blades
    @Alex Blades - You are right. I have now 13 people wathing and some bid's but the price is far from the price i would like to sell. Lets see what happends
    The price will rise to what you want. Adsense sites with income are very popular on flippa. Bidders are just pretending to show little interest, but at the end, they will have their limits set to bid, and you will cash in
    Signature
    " I knew that if I failed, I wouldn't regret that.
    But I knew the one thing I might regret is not ever having tried. "

    ~ Jeff Bezos

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7339098].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author VipGuest
      Originally Posted by Alex Blades View Post

      The price will rise to what you want. Adsense sites with income are very popular on flippa. Bidders are just pretending to show little interest, but at the end, they will have their limits set to bid, and you will cash in

      I hope yes. Thank you
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7339912].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CTonline09
    Originally Posted by VipGuest View Post

    Hey people,

    I posted on another thread but i thought it would be better to make a thread.

    I have a website beeing sold at flippa, makig $600/month on adsense, with adsense verified for more than 12 months, the website is totally autopilot (not like others say that it is but it is not. This one is really no work if you want.) and there is only 2 bids and 9 people watching. Why? What i am doing wrong?
    The bidding will heat up massively on the last day until then you will more than likely get the typical noob question coming your way.

    Make sure you filter bids and contact the new bidders and the guys with zero earnings and history prior to letting them bid.

    Last thing you want is a non buyer.

    Good luck with the auction mate!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7339937].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author VipGuest
      Originally Posted by Colin Thompson View Post

      The bidding will heat up massively on the last day until then you will more than likely get the typical noob question coming your way.

      Make sure you filter bids and contact the new bidders and the guys with zero earnings and history prior to letting them bid.

      Last thing you want is a non buyer.

      Good luck with the auction mate!

      True! I am doing it! I have only one guy who have not bought anything, but he already bid twice... I will talk to him
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7339999].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author CTonline09
        Originally Posted by VipGuest View Post

        True! I am doing it! I have only one guy who have not bought anything, but he already bid twice... I will talk to him
        what you can do is after they have bidded accept them then click the cross against their name in the bidding screen this means you will have to accept them again as their new bid will be pending, I usually do this every time someone new bids a few times to monitor the bidding but also helps add more bids and traction to the auction.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7340013].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author VipGuest
          Originally Posted by Colin Thompson View Post

          what you can do is after they have bidded accept them then click the cross against their name in the bidding screen this means you will have to accept them again as their new bid will be pending, I usually do this every time someone new bids a few times to monitor the bidding but also helps add more bids and traction to the auction.
          Thanks for the tips! Already doing them
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7340059].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cash37
    What's the listing?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7340074].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CBusiness
    Most bids / contacts will come the last week
    Signature
    Buy YouTube Views, No Way! ! ! Force Youtube Videos To Go Viral. Contact Me For eBook or check my WSO
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7340107].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cash37
    I checked out your listing, its going to be a hard sale on Flippa to be honest. The language barrier, then the high tech topic of the blog would make it hard for me to buy
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7340258].message }}

Trending Topics