First of all, Thank you for opening this thread! I appreciate your time.
Okay, I have a blog about internet marketing, blogging and freelancing. I created a new site where I will create videos.
I will push my visitors to this new membership site.
Shared hostgator server
Content types I want to offer:
Videos that members can watch
Can download the videos
Can download the MP3 of the video file
Can download PDF worksheet
Have access to the members only support forum
Access to me via skype/email
What I want to offer:
Making money online
Wordpress thesis customization
First my choice was Wishlist members, but I saw at a website that you need a drip plugin ($47) clickbank account for affiliates ($49), a video player that protects from downloading ($97 or so) and some more paid plugins to configure it.
I came across DAP and it had all the features I needed. The affiliate management, the drip option, auto responder and others.
So many people recommending DAP and then I read 1 negative review and I was confused. It shared about some flaws of the DAP system.
My requirements are:
- I need to offer content on a drip basis like everyday a new video comes and they get notified.
- I want to offer an affiliate program so people can promote my stuff and make money.
- I don't need to protect my videos, they can download and watch; Videos will have my site name in it. With drip option, they just cannot download all at one time.
- I need a forum built in, where people can log in with the same id.
- Which should be a good plugin? DAP or any other? (I want to stick to just one because there is a learning curve for all, and once I start rolling it will be just messy to move with all my subscribers)
- Should I offer a free membership? But I don't want to build a list of free members.
- Recommend me a good video player for wordpress.
- Where should I host the videos (Amazon S3?)
- Should I use the auto responder of DAP or Aweber?
- Should I charge high ($47/mo) or low($7/mo) for my content?
- I have 2checkout, will it help with recurring billing or I need something else?