Getting alot of comments

7 replies
My blog is getting a lot of comments recently.

Even though I can tell, a huge percentage of them are from bots, with a some relevant ones...

Did my blog got picked up somewhere or?
What happened? lol
#alot #comments
  • Profile picture of the author TeamBringIt
    Originally Posted by Ellie Days View Post

    My blog is getting a lot of comments recently.

    Even though I can tell, a huge percentage of them are from bots, with a some relevant ones...

    Did my blog got picked up somewhere or?
    What happened? lol
    Some tools enable mass commenting and your site was picked up by the tool
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7357755].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ronnieavelino
    Originally Posted by Ellie Days View Post

    My blog is getting a lot of comments recently.

    Even though I can tell, a huge percentage of them are from bots, with a some relevant ones...

    Did my blog got picked up somewhere or?
    What happened? lol
    I would recommend that you activate your akismet or uncheck all the options in the discussion settings.

    Ronnie
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7357761].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ellie Days
      Is that a good thing though?

      Originally Posted by TeamBringIt View Post

      Some tools enable mass commenting and your site was picked up by the tool

      Thanks, it's on. I was talking about comment requests

      Originally Posted by ronnieavelino View Post

      I would recommend that you activate your akismet or uncheck all the options in the discussion settings.

      Ronnie
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7357788].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gregowr
    Are they trying to add links to your comment section?

    You were probably added to an SEO blog comment list...

    Majority of the time, they will add back links to your comment section, trying to benefit their SEO....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7357873].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author onlineblogger2
    It is a normal thing. I have about 100 spam comments per day. Use akismet or CommentLuv premium plugin.
    Signature
    ALL Best Posts | The Best Internet Marketing Guides
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7357924].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Coolstro
    Growmap Anti Spambot Plugin is a simple plugin that adds a client side generated checkbox to the comment form requesting that the user clicks it to prove they are not a spammer. Bots wont see it so their spam comment will be discarded. Using that and/or Akismet then all comments should be legit ones.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7358014].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author himanuzo
    Is your blog using Wordpress's sofware and self hosted with own domain name? If yes... you can install Recaptcha plugin for free. The plugin can filter spamming comments effectively. So you just moderate comments which made by human only. You can save a lot of your time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7358228].message }}

Trending Topics