How much this domain worth?

56 replies
Hi, i'm planning to sell my domain : servicesinusa.com

What do you guys think of the price that i should sell this domain? It's an old domain (registered since 2001) with no PR. Please give me suggestions to on where to sell it.
#business directory #directory #domain #flip #worth
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7426746].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Blades
    I don't want to speculate what it's worth, but it has alot of potential. Someone can make a site like service magic with
    Signature
    " I knew that if I failed, I wouldn't regret that.
    But I knew the one thing I might regret is not ever having tried. "

    ~ Jeff Bezos

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7426760].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author maz1207
      Originally Posted by Alex Blades View Post

      I don't want to speculate what it's worth, but it has alot of potential. Some can make a site like service magic with
      Hi, thanks. I'm trying to get what others think about the domain price and would appreciate if you can suggest one. Emm..I haven't think about making a service using this domain yet.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7426776].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alex Blades
        Originally Posted by maz1207 View Post

        Hi, thanks. I'm trying to get what others think about the domain price and would appreciate if you can suggest one. Emm..I haven't think about making a service using this domain yet.
        Don't think anyone can give an accurate estimate without having a website attached to it. If it was a generic name, it would be worth alot. It's still a decent name if you use it for a service directory.
        Signature
        " I knew that if I failed, I wouldn't regret that.
        But I knew the one thing I might regret is not ever having tried. "

        ~ Jeff Bezos

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7426802].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author maz1207
          Originally Posted by Alex Blades View Post

          Don't think anyone can give an accurate estimate without having a website attached to it. If it was a generic name, it would be worth alot. It's still a decent name if you use it for a service directory.
          I'm not asking for accurate estimate but maybe the approximate value..Hehe. i'm only trying to sell the domain without website since i don't have time to optimize or building one. Urmm..I see. Thanks for your opinion. Can you suggest any place for me to sell it? (except Flippa).
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7426822].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Alex Blades
            Originally Posted by maz1207 View Post

            I'm not asking for accurate estimate but maybe the approximate value..Hehe. i'm only trying to sell the domain without website since i don't have time to optimize or building one. Urmm..I see. Thanks for your opinion. Can you suggest any place for me to sell it? (except Flippa).
            List it on Godaddy auctions and see how it goes. Test different reserve prices to see what people are willing to pay for it...
            Signature
            " I knew that if I failed, I wouldn't regret that.
            But I knew the one thing I might regret is not ever having tried. "

            ~ Jeff Bezos

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7426833].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author maz1207
              Originally Posted by Alex Blades View Post

              List it on Godaddy auctions and see how it goes. Test different reserve prices to see what people are willing to pay for it...
              Thanks a lot!
              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7426841].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
        Banned
        Originally Posted by maz1207 View Post

        Hi, thanks. I'm trying to get what others think about the domain price and would appreciate if you can suggest one. Emm..I haven't think about making a service using this domain yet.
        No one can tell you that with any accuracy. It will depend entirely on who wants it and what they're willing to pay. You can list it at sedo, afternic, godaddy auctions, etc, but those are passive and most likely will not sell very fast.

        The fastest way to sell a domain is to figure out who your target market is and email them and get an offer if they're interested.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7431659].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author maz1207
          Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

          No one can tell you that with any accuracy. It will depend entirely on who wants it and what they're willing to pay. You can list it at sedo, afternic, godaddy auctions, etc, but those are passive and most likely will not sell very fast.

          The fastest way to sell a domain is to figure out who your target market is and email them and get an offer if they're interested.
          Yes, what i mean is i want to get some suggestions..Hehe. What a nice idea. I'll try to email some targeted market. Hopefully it sells. Thank you!!
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7444942].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bestcreativeseo
    Seems to have a great potential.. Buy it if you have a nice biz plan.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7426768].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author maz1207
      Originally Posted by bestcreativeseo View Post

      Seems to have a great potential.. Buy it if you have a nice biz plan.
      I was thinking on making a directory sites but then i have no time to optimize it and building it. Any idea where i can sell this domain?
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7426781].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RyanTH
    What do you have against Flippa?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7430387].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author maz1207
      Originally Posted by RyanTH View Post

      What do you have against Flippa?
      Nice questions..The FEE..It's too high. Don't you think?
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7431298].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author RobertAxelsen
        Originally Posted by maz1207 View Post

        Nice questions..The FEE..It's too high. Don't you think?
        It's high if you're expecting to sell it for a smaller amount, but I don't think it's too high in general

        What's great about Flippa is that you can use their advanced search to search for "Won Listings" only. This is great for research/estimates for price. You can also see the complete listings for most successful auctions and read their descriptions to get ideas on how to better advertise and increase value for your own domain.

        Good luck with selling the domain, maz1207
        Signature
        Want YOUR OWN website or blog?

        Let's Create Your Website Together...

        Live event (with free mindmap) shows you how to easily create your own website.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7432088].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Steve B
          IMO, the domain name is too broad and has no intrinsic value.

          What kind of services are you talking about? Financial, Customer, Business, Online, Legal, Tax? Or do you mean Plumbing, Dental, Landscaping, Automotive, Bridal, or Recreation?

          You see, the more specific and "tight" the niche, the more value the domain is to those who provide or sell services. Who is ever going to search for the broad term "services"? And even if someone does, what are the chances that the kind of service they're looking for is the kind that your web site offers?

          If I owned the domain, I would let it expire and look for the very specific kind of service name that tightly describes the exact service that I offered.

          Sorry to break the bad news, but your domain will be a drain (on your bank account) unless you develop a site and find a buyer that doesn't care about the domain name.

          Steve
          Signature

          Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
          SteveBrowneDirect

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7433169].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author maz1207
            Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

            IMO, the domain name is too broad and has no intrinsic value.

            What kind of services are you talking about? Financial, Customer, Business, Online, Legal, Tax? Or do you mean Plumbing, Dental, Landscaping, Automotive, Bridal, or Recreation?

            You see, the more specific and "tight" the niche, the more value the domain is to those who provide or sell services. Who is ever going to search for the broad term "services"? And even if someone does, what are the chances that the kind of service they're looking for is the kind that your web site offers?

            If I owned the domain, I would let it expire and look for the very specific kind of service name that tightly describes the exact service that I offered.

            Sorry to break the bad news, but your domain will be a drain (on your bank account) unless you develop a site and find a buyer that doesn't care about the domain name.

            Steve
            Hi Steve, alright. Thanks for being honest. I'll try to develop the sites instead and hopefully someone buy it.
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7444906].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Sparhawke
            Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

            IMO, the domain name is too broad and has no intrinsic value.

            What kind of services are you talking about? Financial, Customer, Business, Online, Legal, Tax? Or do you mean Plumbing, Dental, Landscaping, Automotive, Bridal, or Recreation?

            You see, the more specific and "tight" the niche, the more value the domain is to those who provide or sell services. Who is ever going to search for the broad term "services"? And even if someone does, what are the chances that the kind of service they're looking for is the kind that your web site offers?

            If I owned the domain, I would let it expire and look for the very specific kind of service name that tightly describes the exact service that I offered.

            Sorry to break the bad news, but your domain will be a drain (on your bank account) unless you develop a site and find a buyer that doesn't care about the domain name.

            Steve
            I agree with this..
            Signature
            “Thinking is easy, Acting is difficult
            And to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world ~ Goethe”
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7446135].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author maz1207
          Originally Posted by RobertAxelsen View Post

          It's high if you're expecting to sell it for a smaller amount, but I don't think it's too high in general

          What's great about Flippa is that you can use their advanced search to search for "Won Listings" only. This is great for research/estimates for price. You can also see the complete listings for most successful auctions and read their descriptions to get ideas on how to better advertise and increase value for your own domain.

          Good luck with selling the domain, maz1207
          Hi Robert, wow. Never knew they have that tools before. Alright. I'll try to use that tools and make some research of what's hot on Flippa. or how to make it sells. Thank you!
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7444889].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7430446].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author maz1207
      Originally Posted by thetrafficguy2 View Post

      Only you can decide the worth, you can make it worth thousands if you develop it.
      Develop it? As i said i have no time but that's a good suggestions. Thanks.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7431304].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author YasirYar
    You can try Flippa or Digital Point. Nice domain, you better keep it.
    Signature

    >>>Get your websites ACTUALLY ranked by checking these out: Quantum SEO Labs, Home Page Link Building & SERP Ability. Want to get rid of negative listings? Check out Reputation Enhancer.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7431431].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author maz1207
      Originally Posted by YasirYar View Post

      You can try Flippa or Digital Point. Nice domain, you better keep it.
      Thanks for the compliment. I'll try the Digital Point later.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7444933].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DotComBum
    I suggest list it with low start bid with no reserve and see how high it can go.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7431687].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author maz1207
      Originally Posted by DotComBum View Post

      I suggest list it with low start bid with no reserve and see how high it can go.
      Thanks! This seems like a good idea.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7444931].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    It's a random domain name that's not even focused on any particular service. Even as an EMD the name is weak, nobody is going to search for service in usa.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7431705].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author maz1207
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      It's a random domain name that's not even focused on any particular service. Even as an EMD the name is weak, nobody is going to search for service in usa.
      Emm..maybe you are right but i'll try to see if it's sells...
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7444946].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adam Struve
    You say it's an old domain, but whois says it was registered November 10th 2012. If it was really registered since 2001 there would be some value.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7432058].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author maz1207
      Originally Posted by Adam Struve View Post

      You say it's an old domain, but whois says it was registered November 10th 2012. If it was really registered since 2001 there would be some value.
      Yes, it is registered in 2001. I just bought it on November this year. You can check on who.is.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7444928].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jordan Kovats
        Originally Posted by maz1207 View Post

        Yes, it is registered in 2001. I just bought it on November this year. You can check on who.is.
        Unless you paid a premium for it, why do you expect to get one in return?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7444980].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author olliepeck
    Check out GoDaddy, they have a domain valuation service that would give you a good ideal. Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7432075].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author maz1207
      Originally Posted by olliepeck View Post

      Check out GoDaddy, they have a domain valuation service that would give you a good ideal. Good luck!
      Hi, thank you! I'll try the Godaddy domain valuation later. I didn't knew they have that.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7444949].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MrJonny
    Originally Posted by maz1207 View Post

    Hi, i'm planning to sell my domain : servicesinusa.com

    What do you guys think of the price that i should sell this domain? It's an old domain (registered since 2001) with no PR. Please give me suggestions to on where to sell it.
    You can try listing the domain at SEDO, Flippa, Godaddy Auctions, Afternic, DigitalPoint Forums, WarriorForum, Namepros Forum, DNForum, Sitepoint, V7N etc. Can also try eBay.

    Also, you can try Valuate.com or Estibot.com (they are both almost the same) for a rough valuation. Take the estimated values with a pinch of salt though. They are rarely accurate.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7433786].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author maz1207
      Originally Posted by MrJonny View Post

      You can try listing the domain at SEDO, Flippa, Godaddy Auctions, Afternic, DigitalPoint Forums, WarriorForum, Namepros Forum, DNForum, Sitepoint, V7N etc. Can also try eBay.

      Also, you can try Valuate.com or Estibot.com (they are both almost the same) for a rough valuation. Take the estimated values with a pinch of salt though. They are rarely accurate.
      Thanks! I must say that this is a complete lists of help. I've put it on GD, i'll try the others.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7444904].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Anticareer
    The domain is worth $50 or less. Nobody is searching for that phrase, the phrase is not used in common discussions, and it is not a domain someone would ideally want to start a brand on. More ideal would be USservices.com. Though the term/phrase is so broad that can also make it a harder sell then a more narrow scope sometimes.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7434375].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author maz1207
      Originally Posted by Anticareer View Post

      The domain is worth $50 or less. Nobody is searching for that phrase, the phrase is not used in common discussions, and it is not a domain someone would ideally want to start a brand on. More ideal would be USservices.com. Though the term/phrase is so broad that can also make it a harder sell then a more narrow scope sometimes.
      Thanks for the estimation. OK, nevermind. I'll try to develop the site and try to sell it.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7444955].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gregdavidson727
    I think that domain name would be great for an affiliate marketing site. For example, you can add pages such as "Credit Card Services In USA" and "Accounting Services In USA". Try setting up a website and optimizing it for the search engines for hundreds of types services. Because you're optimized for 75% of the search query it's very likely your website could appear in the top 10 for many searches ending in "services in USA".
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7434385].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author maz1207
      Originally Posted by gregdavidson727 View Post

      I think that domain name would be great for an affiliate marketing site. For example, you can add pages such as "Credit Card Services In USA" and "Accounting Services In USA". Try setting up a website and optimizing it for the search engines for hundreds of types services. Because you're optimized for 75% of the search query it's very likely your website could appear in the top 10 for many searches ending in "services in USA".
      Thanks for the suggestions!! great one. Didn't think about it before..I'll try it. Out of the box thinking.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7444958].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7441550].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sakthiganesh
    Its all depend ,how the domain is going to be promoted ( Provide values) By far i have found the domain is memorable one and well suited for directory or any other listing portal
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7442134].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author maz1207
      Originally Posted by sakthiganesh View Post

      Its all depend ,how the domain is going to be promoted ( Provide values) By far i have found the domain is memorable one and well suited for directory or any other listing portal
      Thank you. I was thinking of using it for directory sites too but didn't have time to do it but i'll figure out some way to make it sells.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7444964].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Devjeet
    Originally Posted by maz1207 View Post

    Hi, i'm planning to sell my domain : servicesinusa.com

    What do you guys think of the price that i should sell this domain? It's an old domain (registered since 2001) with no PR. Please give me suggestions to on where to sell it.


    I think you are enough brilliant because you are trying to sell your domain through this method. At least your signature indicates the same
    Signature
    Providing Cheap SEO Freelancing Services Since 2010 => http://www.FreelanceSEOIndia.co.in
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7442165].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author maz1207
      Originally Posted by Devjeet View Post

      I think you are enough brilliant because you are trying to sell your domain through this method. At least your signature indicates the same
      Originally Posted by Devjeet View Post

      BTW For me, domain has zero worth after EMD updates.
      Wow..The signature is for backlinks. I just put it there and didn't say it like this: domain.com - for sale. I can do it if i want but i'm sure nobody wants to buy it here. Therefore, asking members here of what they think about it. Alright. Thanks for your compliment and comment anyway.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7444899].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Devjeet
    BTW For me, domain has zero worth after EMD updates.
    Signature
    Providing Cheap SEO Freelancing Services Since 2010 => http://www.FreelanceSEOIndia.co.in
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7442168].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Do
    Guess it's reg fee, anyway, try luck at gd premium auctions, i flipped garbage there at hundreds
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7442187].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author maz1207
      Originally Posted by Do View Post

      Guess it's reg fee, anyway, try luck at gd premium auctions, i flipped garbage there at hundreds
      Yes, i just put it on GD auctions. Thanks.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7444901].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7444961].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author maz1207
      Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

      What makes this domain so special?
      Nothing special and that is why i've asked in case someone can give me ideas.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7444969].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Curtis2011
    Originally Posted by maz1207 View Post

    Hi, i'm planning to sell my domain : servicesinusa.com

    What do you guys think of the price that i should sell this domain? It's an old domain (registered since 2001) with no PR. Please give me suggestions to on where to sell it.
    Honestly, not much. The keyword EMD value is probably relatively low, as it isn't product-focused or brand-focused.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7445008].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Larry Leggett
    The domain loos good. You have already parked the domain in sedo. How many bids have been placed till now there for your domain?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7446157].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author maz1207
      Originally Posted by Larry Leggett View Post

      The domain loos good. You have already parked the domain in sedo. How many bids have been placed till now there for your domain?
      I'm so disappointed since there's no bids yet for that domain.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7772245].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FirstSocialApps
    Domain is worth next to nothing.

    It has no indexing, back linking, content, alexa rating, or google rank

    This is another example of people thinking keywords in a domain name make it worth something (it often doesnt)

    And even if it did no one is searching for 'services in usa' to general.

    Ya its worth very little. Sorry.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7446168].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author techbul
    If you can build a brand around it, and have a nice website for it, you can sell it in 3-4 months for some nice cash.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7446443].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FantaMan
    godaddy auctions is good because you'l find LOADS of IM using it :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7773016].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author roblawrence
    I think the domain needs to be developed into something before anyone will value it. Keywords alone are pretty worthless unless it's a single dictionary word.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7773103].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RachelLily
    Most of the time, I'll refer people to Estibot.com which provides automated appraisals based on search volume, ad competition, cost per click pricing, the extension of the domain and comparative domain sales. At best, any tool like this can just give a ballpark. But it is a tool we use daily ourselves.
    Signature

    I make $50 every 3 hours. Learn my methods here: eliteincomeprofits.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7773180].message }}

Trending Topics