But wait a second.
"Chatting up the owners" means interacting with people - that's harder than it may sound!
You need to develop a positive body language:
- stand straight up - chest out, shoulders back, stomach in.
- keep your head up - make eye contact with every person you talk to.
- talk with a soothing voice.
- don't cross your arms, don't touch your face.
- move slowly - imagine you're wading through a swimmingpool.
And when you're standing in front of the door.. say to yourself "I'M IN CONTROL OF THIS SITUATION!"
Then, don't think any further - just open the door and walk in! (YOU'RE THE BOSS, YOU HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE, THEY *NEED* YOUR SERVICE!)
Just do it - this is almost like a phobia: you need to confront yourself with the thing you think you can't handle.
And believe me - after a while, walking into stores and chatting up the manager becomes a FUN thing to do!!! YOU'LL LOVE IT!