The Secret To Targeted Free Traffic

30 replies
Hello, fellow warriors I have been doing internet marketing and web development for about 10 years. I have 100s of websites but 30 main sites.

One issue i have seen for the last 10 years is no one wants to share anything useful everyone wants to keep their tricks to themselves and i think that is sad. Fearing of competitors to use their tricks against them and steal business.

So i want to help out some of the new webmaster in their path to success.

1. You will get your best customers from search engines like google and yahoo. You MUST rank on the first page for your keywords. How can you do that? I don't know.... Backlinks? yeah but google is smarter than everyone thinks it has some huge math equation that leads to its results. If SEO experts find a way to cheat the system and get sites ranked #1 google will fix it and make it so that technique doesn't work. Remember google has the best of the best....

2. Blog commenting...... People get this confused, or just do it for a backlink. This is not how you do it for free traffic. You first google your market. Say you are selling web hosting, You would google something like "find good hosting" Or "web hosting reviews" just something to find good blogs to comment on.....
Now you need to actually read the blog, so you can write a relevant comments. You one do not want to look like a spammer you also do not want to look like your self advertising. Make a story up, tell them your experience about (YOUR) web hosting site.
Do this over and over for that search about 10 google pages deep. Than move on to a new search and do the same thing comment on all pages with relevant comments and selling your site at the same time.
You will get about 50% of your comments approved the rest will take forever or never because the blog owner is gone or something. But these comments will get you targeted traffic for years. Some will only get 1 or 2 clicks a day and some will get you 50 clicks a day. You need to do this forever sorry but its true.

3. Find a relevant forum. Say you are selling web hosting, a forum like this one Warriorforum.com would be perfect you need to find about 25 of these targeted forums and sign up on all of them. Next you need to get a signature link on your account. Most forums require you to do X amount of posts before you can have a signature link. One huge tip is you will get banned in 1 min if you look spammy or self advertising. So don't do it, simple right. But most people just sign up on forums post a bunch of spam get banned and do it over and over. So keep this in mind forums are your friend they just want good content and you just want traffic so play nice. You will get extremely targeted traffic from the forums.

4. Social Media Sites, facebook, twitter, youtube, ect..ect..
Theses are just as useful as the blogs and forums. With facebook i first make a fan page and get them a ton of likes so they show up on top in the facebook search. You need to have the fan page look good too it needs to have a good cover image and lots of posts you can keep it updated with a RSS GRAFFITI or something similar.
Tips on youtube, you can make simple videos with screencastomatic.com this site makes it easy to record your screen and if you don't have a mic you can just open a text file and type, im sure you have seen this before on youtube.
The title is the most important.
The title should be KEYWORD - DESCRIPTION
So if you had a web hosting site it could be
BEST WEB HOSTING - MYDOTCOM HOSTING FEATURES
Simple videos like this can get you 100s of hits per day. Also google owns youtube so they really like to rank their videos on their search engine.


5. Classified ad sites, craigslist, backpage, ect...
Theses sites can do a lot, seo and traffic. backpages is a spam fest so just spam it. Craigslist is hard it has tons of anti spam software. You can get whats called "Ghosted posts" this means you will think your posts are live and you can see them but no one else can. This is a hard one and i still get ghosted posts so i'm still learning you should be too.


6. Creating blogs, Wordpress, Blogger, Squidoo, ect...
This is a nice boost and it really works i have made a simple 1 post wordpress blog and within 12 hours it gets me traffic daily and is ranked for a keyword. but you can't just post a 1 word post the post should be about 200 words long and have the keyword linked to the site about 2 times,
The title is the most important.
The title should be KEYWORD - DESCRIPTION
So if you had a web hosting site it could be
BEST WEB HOSTING - MYDOTCOM HOSTING FEATURES
(sorry to repeat my self) but its the same rules......
You also want to make your wordpress username your keyword so your main URL is YOUR-KEYWORD.wordpress.com


If you follow these simple but time consuming steps you will get targeted free traffic. And the more you put into it the more you will get in return. Nothing happens over night and you want to make it you need to work hard and spend a lot of time.

I hope you all can learn from this post and use it to your advantage in success.
Please feel free to add more helpful tips.
#free #secret #targeted #traffic
  • Profile picture of the author gregdavidson727
    Free traffic won't amount to much unless the people who visit your website are actually searching for what you're offering. I recently added my job site directory to a list of directories. My website clearly states that it's a directory for job sites. However, almost everyone who has submitted to my directory has submitted a site that has nothing to do with jobs. I'm simply getting about 500 unique visitors each month from that website that aren't my target audience. It was a bargain to get added to that list for $9.95 but the results aren't exactly what I was expecting.
    Signature
    >>> CLICK HERE <<< ====> 2,000 NICHE E-BOOKS WITH MRR & PLR RIGHTS! JUST $2.99! <====
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7513217].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tahoecale
      Originally Posted by gregdavidson727 View Post

      Free traffic won't amount to much unless the people who visit your website are actually searching for what you're offering. I recently added my job site directory to a list of directories. My website clearly states that it's a directory for job sites. However, almost everyone who has submitted to my directory has submitted a site that has nothing to do with jobs. I'm simply getting about 500 unique visitors each month from that website that aren't my target audience. It was a bargain to get added to that list for $9.95 but the results aren't exactly what I was expecting.

      Your site is also known as a link farm... it is a site with links. these types of sites will get spammed soon as people find out about them. if you want to keep this site you need to remove any auto approve setting or you will just be a spam site.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7513233].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author gregdavidson727
        Originally Posted by tahoecale View Post

        Your site is also known as a link farm... it is a site with links. these types of sites will get spammed soon as people find out about them. if you want to keep this site you need to remove any auto approve setting or you will just be a spam site.
        My website is niche. I only list job websites. A link farm is a website with a bunch of random links in one row.
        Signature
        >>> CLICK HERE <<< ====> 2,000 NICHE E-BOOKS WITH MRR & PLR RIGHTS! JUST $2.99! <====
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7540963].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David Micheal
    Early on my online career, i do about 100 blog comment per day. The result was terrific, i manage to get 145 sale of my $17 product in 4 weeks time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7513245].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author evilbunnies
    That is a great list, getting free traffic can be a lot of work but it is definitely worth it as it produces really good results if done properly. See David Michael's post above.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7513336].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
    Originally Posted by tahoecale View Post

    If SEO experts find a way to cheat the system and get sites ranked #1 google will fix it and make it so that technique doesn't work. Remember google has the best of the best....
    This is a minor point considering the entirety of your post, but it's still an important point - Many pages that rank #1 are there because they deserve it, not because they cheated. Your post could cause others to think you have to cheat to get a #1 ranking, and that's not the case.

    Carrry on.
    Signature

    Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7514764].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JamesColin
    Banned
    Well those techniques are not free, they take time, I don't think anyone's time is free since it is more valuable than gold. While you're spending time commenting on other people's blogs you're not spending that time on your own web properties, and since we need money to support our living, who is paying for that time?

    When you pay to get targeted trafic, at least you're only spending the time to order the trafic and to follow the results, but then you have more time to improve the content on your own site, making it more valuable to visitors.

    When you spend your time to put your links everywhere, you need to spend time to do that but also to follow the results, and then you have what time left to invest in your own web properties?

    So it's not free traffic, it is traffic paid with your time instead of with your money. And since time is money, you're still paying with money, but for random results.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7514785].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tahoecale
      Originally Posted by JamesColin View Post

      Well those techniques are not free, they take time, I don't think anyone's time is free since it is more valuable than gold. While you're spending time commenting on other people's blogs you're not spending that time on your own web properties, and since we need money to support our living, who is paying for that time?

      When you pay to get targeted trafic, at least you're only spending the time to order the trafic and to follow the results, but then you have more time to improve the content on your own site, making it more valuable to visitors.

      When you spend your time to put your links everywhere, you need to spend time to do that but also to follow the results, and then you have what time left to invest in your own web properties?

      So it's not free traffic, it is traffic paid with your time instead of with your money. And since time is money, you're still paying with money, but for random results.




      What your saying makes sense to a rich guy... but thats it... Its like saying why would you cut your grass you can just pay someone to do it for you. "Time is money" so you cutting your grass is you spending money..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7518949].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author onSubie
        Originally Posted by tahoecale View Post

        What your saying makes sense to a rich guy... but thats it... Its like saying why would you cut your grass you can just pay someone to do it for you. "Time is money" so you cutting your grass is you spending money..

        Your grass doesn't pay back 3x the cost of the service when it is done...



        If I said, give me $500 and I'll give you $1,500 next week, could you find $500?

        Using money for PPC and targeted traffic is leveraging the money for more money, not simply trading money for time.

        Mahlon
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7541291].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
        Originally Posted by tahoecale View Post

        What your saying makes sense to a rich guy... but thats it... Its like saying why would you cut your grass you can just pay someone to do it for you. "Time is money" so you cutting your grass is you spending money..
        That's the classic words of someone who does not value their time.

        Actually some people do NOT cut their own grass - and yes - because they would rather pay somone else to spend their time doing it.

        Just because you 'can' do something - doesn't mean you should.

        Have you ever heard the phrase "work smart - not hard"? or "work ON your business - not IN it"?

        All of this stuff is about leverage. How can you get the most effective actions taken with the resources you have.

        If you have no money then your time is your most precious asset. You can't buy other people's time so you'd better make sure you're using yours effectively.

        When you're too busy to do the things you need done - you'd better have the money to pay someone else - or they won't get done.

        There's no "right" way to run your business as everyone has their own preferences and resources, but the point about valueing your time makes sense ESPECIALLY to people who have not yet made much money. Wasting their time doing things which do not bring them money is how most people manage to spend so long "doing IM" and making less money than if they'd spent the same time flipping burgers for minimum wage.

        It's the same as people starting out wanting everything for free.

        Nothing is free.

        Sure you might think that if you spend 5 weeks making your blog for free that it never cost you anything - but it did actually cost you whatever else you could've been doing instead.

        I'm not saying this lightly either.

        Let's say you're a musician and you want to get your music "out there" online but you're a complete newbie to IM - you may think that spending 8 hours a day, 7 days a week chatting in forums is a good way to do that, hoping that it helps, but actually flipping burgers for that same time, earning $2k and then spending that on getting proper PR done could be much more effective.

        The point is - just because you can do something for no money - doesn't mean it has no cost.

        Ironically, as a service provider if you do things for 'free' for people they tend to value them less than if they had paid and often get less real value from them.

        Free is not always what is appears.

        You'll always see people referring to time as a cost because if you want anyone's time but yours you will soon see that is has a cost. Just because you ignore it for yourself doesn't mean anyone else will, or that you should.

        Andy
        p.s. - This thread is actually not required for the OP's purpose as this information is not as secret as he seems to think and has been said MANY MANY times in this forum over the years from people happy to share what works for them.
        Signature

        nothing to see here.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7541348].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author butters
    Originally Posted by tahoecale View Post

    One issue i have seen for the last 10 years is no one wants to share anything useful everyone wants to keep their tricks to themselves and i think that is sad. Fearing of competitors to use their tricks against them and steal business.
    I commend you for your post, atleast your trying to help . I don't beleive this is the case in any stretch, this is all freely and available information which has been share on this forums multiple times. Now if I could add an addition to the post... Newbies should really check out the thirty day challenge, I took my first challenge back in 2008 and it took me through a lot and showed me what to do. (It is free to.)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7541023].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    Originally Posted by tahoecale View Post

    One issue i have seen for the last 10 years is no one wants to share anything useful everyone wants to keep their tricks to themselves and i think that is sad. Fearing of competitors to use their tricks against them and steal business.
    Kind of like those clickbank websites that generate a lot of money each and every year. They post screenshots, which are legit, of earning anywhere between $2,000-$5,000 per day and then promise to show their future customers how they are doing it. But when you go back to their back office after your buy, they tell you how to go out and sell their product.

    They don't show you how they are really making those incomes.

    Originally Posted by tahoecale View Post

    1. You will get your best customers from search engines like google and yahoo. You MUST rank on the first page for your keywords.
    That is a mistake right there and one of the reasons why so many people fail. Not everyone can get their website on page 1 on Google. They try this for weeks and months and still no results for their efforts.

    It would be better off for them to start advertising their website on Google or Yahoo on their PPC platform for faster and almost guaranteed results.


    Originally Posted by tahoecale View Post

    3. Find a relevant forum. Say you are selling web hosting, a forum like this one Warriorforum.com would be perfect you need to find about 25 of these targeted forums and sign up on all of them. Next you need to get a signature link on your account.
    Yes, forums are a great place to get free traffic and customers. The one thing you don't want to do is to spam any of these forums. Give value.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7541353].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Andyhenry
      Originally Posted by talfighel View Post

      That is a mistake right there and one of the reasons why so many people fail. Not everyone can get their website on page 1 on Google. They try this for weeks and months and still no results for their efforts.

      It would be better off for them to start advertising their website on Google or Yahoo on their PPC platform for faster and almost guaranteed results.
      Also - the statement about needing to be on page one is very misleading because it all depends WHAT you are page 1 for. You can be page one for lots of terms and not make any money.
      Signature

      nothing to see here.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7541416].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jipolis7
    All you mentioned here are really something perfect. But I am not sure that these will help for a newbie. These are mostly costly, seems to me. Although these are good, these are for advanced users and new comers should look for something free of cost.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7542549].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tedwood
    Surprised you didn't put guest posting on there. It's absolutely one of the best ways to gain traffic. Obviously the content needs to be good though. Just about to put a thread up now on this topic ....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7542649].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Anomalous
    My best experience is with guest posting as well.

    I'd like to suggest to the OP that he apply his copy writing skills in forum posts. Big blocks of text, no white space or bullet points.... I really had to drag myself through that post.
    Signature

    Build a MASSIVE list with this premade, highly optimized funnel plus $16 front-end commissions

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7542659].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seobuzz
    If you are talking about free traffic then you can't ignore Yahoo Answers. For me it is one of the best source of targeted traffic to my websites.
    Signature
    SecondIncomeBlog.com
    Ideas and Techniques to Make Money Online
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7543085].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seobuzz
    There is no secret for getting traffic from Yahoo Answers. Create your profile there and contribute to the community by giving useful answers. And after you have reached level 2, you can hyperlink your website occasionally whenever applicable. If you want insert link within every answer you will be banned without any notice.

    I am getting decent results following these simple rules.
    Signature
    SecondIncomeBlog.com
    Ideas and Techniques to Make Money Online
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7543160].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tahoecale
      Originally Posted by seobuzz View Post

      There is no secret for getting traffic from Yahoo Answers. Create your profile there and contribute to the community by giving useful answers. And after you have reached level 2, you can hyperlink your website occasionally whenever applicable. If you want insert link within every answer you will be banned without any notice.

      I am getting decent results following these simple rules.


      Ok, i will give it a try thanks for the tips.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7554828].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Monkeh
    Yahoo Answer is one of those sites that takes time, but if you're high enough...ultra traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7543247].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DonnyBoy
    The way I know to get Free and High PR Traffic is to get traffic via High PR Links from the Google and get a back link to your site or Blog... Its really is a coolest way to get easy and ultra traffic
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7543316].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alby
    Guest posting is one of the most popular ways to get free traffic at present, and the best part is that if you choose the relevent resource with care to ensure its highly relevant and high authority, you get several benefits such as improvements in serps as well as targeted traffic
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7553531].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ezekielseo
    Paid traffic could be just as good, but for some it could be braking the bank.
    SEO shouldn't be your main source of income, your income is basically held by the crushing hands of google. Trust me - i know.

    As soon as that happened i said screw google, and im learning my own tricks. That's just what happened i was finished with SEO i just went on with other free methods and media buying and im doing better than i was with SEO
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7553663].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author skyjoe76
    Either way, it cost you something. Time or money.
    It's viable to dig 10 pages deep into google search, commenting on 100 blogs or posting on 25 forums. But it's going to take huge amount of time. There's nothing wrong with this. Question is can I achieve more by leveraging?

    By paying for traffic, the system has to be a lot powerful, the tracking has to be a lot more detail because money is on the line. ROI has to be tracked closely. If this is not done properly, then I will be achieving less by leveraging.

    Leverage cuts both ways, right?
    Signature
    Interview With Three Multi-Millionaires Click here

    Client uses this planning tool to create additional income Click here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7556523].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author troy23
    Yes his techniques are free.
    So what if it costs you a bit of time.
    Better to lose a bit of time than a ton of money on PPC, which is most likely the case.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7556873].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tahoecale
      Originally Posted by troy23 View Post

      Yes his techniques are free.
      So what if it costs you a bit of time.
      Better to lose a bit of time than a ton of money on PPC, which is most likely the case.


      Its about time someone said that, i have been waiting...

      Almost 70% of the comments have been about how your time is worth soooooo much and you should just spend money and save your time.....

      Idk maybe its just me but if i can do what someone is going to do for me i will do it my self..

      Say it takes 2 hours and someone wants $100 but you can do it your self... i save the $100 and do it my self... but thats just me......
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7563652].message }}

Trending Topics