Last year, I "recycled" my WSO by turning it into a Clickbank product. It was one of the easiest things I did to quickly double my profits (yes double.)
If you're only selling your product on WF, you're missing out on sales because you will have prospects who really want what you have to offer, but they don't like the idea of buying something on a forum. They would much rather buy from a professional looking site.
Plus, the internet marketing niche is WAY bigger than just the WF.
The other awesome thing about Clickbank is once you list your product in their market place, you'll start naturally attracting affiliates who will generate sales for you. This means you don't have to stress as much about traffic and can focus on marketing your product.
And if you have a somewhat decent affiliate page and offer fair commissions, you can have your own army of loyal affiliates marketing for you. You don't have to work at all if you don't want to and still make out fairly well.
In college, I had a Clickbank ebook business that I "worked" on for roughly 30 minutes per week. Mostly answering customer emails. A large majority of my sales came from affiliates, which generated enough income pay for a full semester's tuition every year. And I went to one of the most expensive state schools in the country.
Here's how I re-purposed one of my WSOs as a Clickbank product and later sold that business for 5 figures.
- I bought a new domain with my product name and installed Wordpress. I used Catalyst theme, which had a tough learning curve. So I recommend Optimize Press.
- I set up a Squeeze page and offered a free report
- I wrote a 5 part email series that explained who I was, offered value, and included a call to action to buy to product
- I set up a sales page that was exactly the same as my WSO post. I took screenshots of the reviews and used those as testimonials
- I listed the product in the Clickbank marketplace (this is KEY!) and set up the delivery system
- I wrote 5 articles with long tail keywords in the titles and got lots of free traffic that way. At the end of the article, I linked to my sales page
- Set up an affiliate page with tools and resources to make it easy for other people to promote
Have any questions? Or want to share your experience/success stories with turning your WSOs into CB products? Feel free to contribute below.
Hope this most helps and Happy holidays!