Started with one blogsite with one review article.

by Jensha
9 replies
I'm curious to know if has anyone ever started with just one review article of CB product on their site,be it a free blog site like blogspot or paid. Then buy or whatever means some backlinks to it for traffic and get 1 sale at least.
#article #blogsite #review #started
  • Profile picture of the author TheRealRazzy
    I would assume that a lot of people do this so it's not as easy as starting with 1 review and some quick backlinks.

    It would take a little time to get your blog/review ranked and then pulling in some cash.... Unless you bought some ad spots on related sites.
    Signature
    160,000+ SEO and Webmaster Services ---> Webmaster Marketplace

    ---> Need Content Writers? <---
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7560966].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jensha
      Hold on a second, you mean to say you don't just buy backlinks, increase your page rank and attract visitors to your site that has review articles of products with your affiliate links on them but you also do this (below)?
      Originally Posted by TheRealRazzy View Post

      Unless you bought some ad spots on related sites.
      Do you just advertise one page for your review article with your affiliate link or is it for your home page of your site that gives reviews?

      How effective is it?

      And how much is the least ad space that you bought?

      The last one I saw was for $25 per week and that's high. Or is it?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7561024].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jensha
    No I have not bought any ad spots. They're a bit pricey for me at the moment. I've just started last November in IM so like others, I don't have that much funding yet.

    Anyway, I asked because I was planning to buy another review article again to make the blogsite look it has more contents. But I thought I haven't made any sale with the first one yet so why buy one again right?

    But then curiosity got the best of me to ask if any of you guys ever tried this and if it worked?

    Because if I have two or more articles that's two or more sets of paid backlinks for different sets of keywords as well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7561014].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Arunabh Singh
    Originally Posted by Jensha View Post

    I'm curious to know if has anyone ever started with just one review article of CB product on their site,be it a free blog site like blogspot or paid. Then buy or whatever means some backlinks to it for traffic and get 1 sale at least.
    Yes, I have made money this way but it was way back when I didn't know any better. I posted one review on the blog and build some backlinks and it generated few sales. I thought about expanding that site but got lazy and left it as it was. Eventually my site fell of page one of google and the sales stopped. Thin content sites are no way to build a business because it is not sustainable in the long run.
    Signature

    Money Making Video Autoblogs For Sale. PM Now

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7561585].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jensha
      Originally Posted by Arunabh Singh View Post

      Yes, I have made money this way but it was way back when I didn't know any better. I posted one review on the blog and build some backlinks and it generated few sales. I thought about expanding that site but got lazy and left it as it was. Eventually my site fell of page one of google and the sales stopped. Thin content sites are no way to build a business because it is not sustainable in the long run.
      Thank you so much!
      I really appreciate your answer.
      The fact that you started one blogsite with just one review article and made a few sales by bombarding it with backlinks is enough for me.
      What was your first site was?
      Blogger?
      Wordpress?
      Did you make the page a standard one or did you at least put serious web designs to it?

      I guess I can now continue to just bombard my current blog site that has 2 product reviews with my affiliate links on it with backlinks as well.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7562287].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Murphysmurfy
    Originally Posted by Jensha View Post

    I'm curious to know if has anyone ever started with just one review article of CB product on their site,be it a free blog site like blogspot or paid. Then buy or whatever means some backlinks to it for traffic and get 1 sale at least.
    To rank a free website is hard.

    To rank a one page website is even harder, especially a MNS.

    I don't really see the point in this, for you get what you put into it. If you put a day into, what results do you expect?

    Build a true and honest website and you will do well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7562658].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jensha
      Originally Posted by Murphysmurfy View Post

      To rank a free website is hard.

      To rank a one page website is even harder, especially a MNS.

      I don't really see the point in this, for you get what you put into it. If you put a day into, what results do you expect?

      Build a true and honest website and you will do well.
      I'm new to IM but I'm working in fiverr to have some capital for it.
      The thing is, I'm not a good writer so I bought a review article for a product.
      So if I want a new review article, I'd probably have someone to make it for me again because my writing sucks.
      And that is why I'm thinking of making sales from the first review article for a start before I buy another one.
      It takes lots of time to create backlinks for articles.
      And it costs so much if buy backlinks as well.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7563658].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cooler1
    Ranking a free website is not hard, particularly if the keywords are low competition. Free websites have domain authority so are usually easier to rank than a brand new self-hosted Wordpress site.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7562675].message }}

Trending Topics