SICK, EASY STUNNING WAY TO GET HUGE TRAFFIC!

by rossm
22 replies
What would you say if I could show you an amazing, guaranteed and simple method of getting huge traffic to your squeeze page?

Some of you may already know this, however I thought I'd share this method for those who had not considered this method before, or didn't even think of it.

I'm not gonna waste time in some huge build up before I let loose!

The method I've used before with great results is simply, NATIONAL NEWSPAPER ADS!

Let me explain: Here in the UK, the biggest national newspaper has a circulation of 2.7 million. However, as we all know, 1 newspaper is not read by one person. They are passed from person to person, found available to read in cafes, restaurants, bars etc.

Research shows that the average individual newspaper is read by 3 people.

So for our paper in the UK, thats 8.1 million readers.

Industry stats for newspaper classified ads show that on average, 2% of people view the classifieds and out of all those people, 1.5% will act upon it, ie call the telephone number on the ad, visit the url displayed.

Thats 2430 people who could visit your squeeze page, IN ONE DAY! And its targeted also? Why? Because they have made an informed, unbiased decision to visit your squeeze page because THEY wanted to.

This is truly a monster list building method and if you are good with building relationships with your customers, you'll be selling in spades.

National newspaper ads are not cheap, however as the saying goes, you get what you pay for!

Hope this helps.
#easy #fast traffic #huge #huge traffic #huge traffic quickly #sick #stunning #traffic
  • Profile picture of the author wfhblueprints
    Originally Posted by rossm View Post

    What would you say if I could show you an amazing, guaranteed and simple method of getting huge traffic to your squeeze page?

    Some of you may already know this, however I thought I'd share this method for those who had not considered this method before, or didn't even think of it.

    I'm not gonna waste time in some huge build up before I let loose!

    The method I've used before with great results is simply, NATIONAL NEWSPAPER ADS!

    Let me explain: Here in the UK, the biggest national newspaper has a circulation of 2.7 million. However, as we all know, 1 newspaper is not read by one person. They are passed from person to person, found available to read in cafes, restaurants, bars etc.

    Research shows that the average individual newspaper is read by 3 people.

    So for our paper in the UK, thats 8.1 million readers.

    Industry stats for newspaper classified ads show that on average, 2% of people view the classifieds and out of all those people, 1.5% will act upon it, ie call the telephone number on the ad, visit the url displayed.

    Thats 2430 people who could visit your squeeze page, IN ONE DAY! And its targeted also? Why? Because they have made an informed, unbiased decision to visit your squeeze page because THEY wanted to.

    This is truly a monster list building method and if you are good with building relationships with your customers, you'll be selling in spades.

    National newspaper ads are not cheap, however as the saying goes, you get what you pay for!

    Hope this helps.
    Classified on offline newspapers I am sure can drive massive traffic IF done correctly. It's all about testing and tracking.

    Have you implemented this yourself? Or are you in the process?

    Regards

    Chris
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7572065].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cooler1
    How much does it typically cost for 1 ad in a national newspaper?

    If you've done this yourself, what sort of ROI were you getting?

    My local newspaper has about 230,000 readers daily and it's free to place an ad I think. I don't know if they would allow something such as squeeze page advertising though. Have you tried this with local newspapers?
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7572091].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rossm
      Originally Posted by cooler1 View Post

      How much does it typically cost for 1 ad in a national newspaper?

      If you've done this yourself, what sort of ROI were you getting?
      Prices vary depending on how many column inches you purchase however a small box ad allowing you space to get your message across is about £370.

      ROI is tricky to determine as I use many methods of driving traffic to my page, and I can't track which subscribers have come from the newspaper ads. However, I grew my list 3 times fast using this method.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7572101].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author retsced
        Originally Posted by rossm View Post

        Prices vary depending on how many column inches you purchase however a small box ad allowing you space to get your message across is about £370.

        ROI is tricky to determine as I use many methods of driving traffic to my page, and I can't track which subscribers have come from the newspaper ads. However, I grew my list 3 times fast using this method.
        Can you not track your links with pretty link or something similar. I use tracking links on flyers, business cards and bookmarks (just a thought)
        Signature
        Wanna ‘bon-bon’ and a ride in my van with the blacked out windows?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7572116].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Troy_Phillips
        Originally Posted by rossm View Post

        Prices vary depending on how many column inches you purchase however a small box ad allowing you space to get your message across is about £370.

        ROI is tricky to determine as I use many methods of driving traffic to my page, and I can't track which subscribers have come from the newspaper ads. However, I grew my list 3 times fast using this method.
        Simply clone your squeeze pages and use one for each ad.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7572120].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nobluff
      I like the idea, and the first thing I though of when I saw it was that I need to make sure that my URL is short and/or memorable.
      Signature

      Please read the forum rules.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7572103].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author rossm
        Originally Posted by nobluff View Post

        I like the idea, and the first thing I though of when I saw it was that I need to make sure that my URL is short and/or memorable.
        Absolutely.

        Also its important you check out the demographics of the readers for each publication before deciding which is the best readership for your ad.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7572130].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by cooler1 View Post

      How much does it typically cost for 1 ad in a national newspaper?
      Here's a link to the online rate card for USA Today.

      USA TODAY Media Kit :: USA TODAY Advertising Information :: Rate Card
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7572135].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author manicmethods
    Come up with a decent traffic source... But you don't test it at all?

    Even if you buy up a few cheap short domains and forward them to your squeeze page to see where traffic is coming from.

    You could be spending time of traffic that makes nothing and could use this on the traffic that DOES make you money?!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7572149].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rossm
      Originally Posted by manicmethods View Post

      Come up with a decent traffic source... But you don't test it at all?

      Even if you buy up a few cheap short domains and forward them to your squeeze page to see where traffic is coming from.

      You could be spending time of traffic that makes nothing and could use this on the traffic that DOES make you money?!
      I'll be implementing the methods you've all suggested.

      Since I began with newspaper ads, and keeping my spend on my other traffic methods the same, my list increased at a 3 fold rate and my sales increased roughly 250%, so its definitely made a big difference.

      Hope other warriors who try this use the tracking methods suggested.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7572187].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author theemperor
    Rossm - is this hypothetical or have you actually done it?

    Why is it better than TV ads, magazine ads or massive spend on PPC?
    Signature
    Learn to code faster, and remove the roadblocks. Get stuff done and shipped! PM me and I can help you with programming tutoring, specialising in Web and the following languages: Javascript ~ HTML ~ CSS ~ React ~ JQuery ~ Typescript ~ NodeJS ~ C#.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7572177].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rossm
      Originally Posted by theemperor View Post

      Rossm - is this hypothetical or have you actually done it?

      Why is it better than TV ads, magazine ads or massive spend on PPC?
      Yes.

      I have never delved into tv ads, I fear the cost would be too expensive. Making the commercial before you pay for the airtime would have a substantial cost also. Radio ads may be something to consider as they are often rotated.

      Regards PPC, I use bing/yahoo for high quality traffic, and to rank well for the best keywords, I spend approx 50p per click. So if I wanted the same traffic a newspaper ad can bring in, I'd be spending much more on PPC.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7572215].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    I've tried this way of advertising before. They produced zero results, and i bet my ads were place in the "news bin newsletters" at my local Chinese restaurant.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7572207].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andy Money
    I remember a long time ago a dude set up a simple website, ran a few ads in national magazines (tiny ads in the back) and was making really decent money. The only problem with this is the barrier--people are seeing your ad and having to go out of their way to get to a computer, logon, find your site, buy your product, etc. It's more steps, but it still works.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7572822].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Saintsfan40
    Originally Posted by rossm View Post


    National newspaper ads are not cheap, however as the saying goes, you get what you pay for!

    Hope this helps.

    I just recently did a newspaper ad on nationwideadvertising newspapers promoting a pay per call phone number on a one of those nickel ads with a circulation of 30,000 to 49,000. And I only get one phone call. So it's probably best to say it's better to advertise in more major newspapers such as NY times or Chicago Tribune etc?
    Signature

    What's the point of having a sig if no one buys from you?

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7572875].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ProServices
    Hi Rossm,

    Thanks for the share. I've been looking at this wonderful burst of traffic to squeeze pages for a while and I agree it would be powerful. However, you have to have the right product/offer and easy/short domain name.

    I guess you would need good ad copy and a short domain name for the readers to type into their browser. So if we had e.g. bestweightlossbenefitsfortoday dot com as a domain, I'll bet you they'll probably give it a miss but if we freechips dot com, they would flood the squeeze page.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7572897].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mroy559
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7573002].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author thedog
      What sort of niche are you focusing on op? IM?

      I think this could work, if you have the right product, copy and domain name... and of course, you set up your sales funnel right.

      Would an advertisment in a targeted magazine, for example, health, not work better?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7573038].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rainmak3r
    Hmm, sounds like someone's taken a page right off the High Traffic Academy Video Course..
    They mention national newspaper advertising and give some examples there.

    No bueno.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7573089].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Daniel Evans
      Originally Posted by Rainmak3r View Post

      Hmm, sounds like someone's taken a page right off the High Traffic Academy Video Course..
      They mention national newspaper advertising and give some examples there.

      No bueno.
      Surely newspaper advertising is mentioned in many places given that it's a huge advertising medium?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7573309].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author freeadstime
    Classified ads sites can bring you some targeted traffic. Do thins if you can gain quite a bit from each visitors, otherwise it will be a lot of work for small money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7573097].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iresh
    The idea is worth trying. But how about the businesses who are out side UK/US and they want to promote their business though US/UK news papers. Is it possible ?
    Signature
    Making A Great Blog Network
    Learn SEO @ Twitter Facebook Skype-
    Highranking999
    samblogs.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7573331].message }}

Trending Topics