Would you promote this Clickbank product?

by 52.ct 27 replies
First let me preface this post by saying that I'm not going to reveal the niche for obvious reasons. That being said; Clickbank had what appeared to be the best in class ebook for a desperate buyer niche . But, I have reservations about the sales page.

Instead, of a long form copy sales page, there is very little text. Not much more than the headline. There is one of those video scribing videos. Those type of videos were hands sketch the animation that matches the narrator's voice over.

The video is about 24 minutes long and there are no video controls to fast forward or rewind. Only pause and play. I personally hate videos that don't give fast forward or rewind buttons.

But what irked me the most was that the buying link does not appear until the last minute of the video. I sat through the video 3 times before I figured this out! The sales video is quite good.

However, if a potential customer wanted to go ahead and buy the product before the 24th minute of the video, they would not be able to do so. I am of the personal opinion that it is bad to place any barriers to purchase in front of a cash in hand buyer. Having the buy link only be available the in the 24th minute of the sales video seems like a barrier to purchase in my humble opinion.

The sales page has a copyright of 2010. Yet the link to the affiliate tools section is still under construction.
#main internet marketing discussion forum #clickbank #product #promote
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author BinaryQwest
    If you're preselling the product sometimes you can link directly to the order page with the vendors consent. However when doing so you don't set a cookie so if they return later you lose the sale. Personally I don't like the videos without the buy button either but I don't think that's the consensus of most people who are in the market for the product. If everything else looked good with the product I would promote it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7594384].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rhadoo7
      I hate those kind of sales pages too! The best products have both a video and a copy sales page, and they show the "Add to cart" button throughout the entire video.

      So I think you should rather find another product to promote...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7594398].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Harvey Segal
      Problem ==>
      Originally Posted by 52.ct View Post

      Clickbank had what appeared to be the best in class ebook for a desperate buyer niche . But, I have reservations about the sales page.

      Solution==>
      Originally Posted by BinaryQwest View Post

      If you're preselling the product sometimes you can link directly to the order page with the vendors consent.
      .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7594673].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author travlinguy
    Originally Posted by 52.ct View Post

    First let me preface this post by saying that I'm not going to reveal the niche for obvious reasons. That being said; Clickbank had what appeared to be the best in class ebook for a desperate buyer niche . But, I have reservations about the sales page.

    Instead, of a long form copy sales page, there is very little text. Not much more than the headline. There is one of those video scribing videos. Those type of videos were hands sketch the animation that matches the narrator's voice over.

    The video is about 24 minutes long and there are no video controls to fast forward or rewind. Only pause and play. I personally hate videos that don't give fast forward or rewind buttons.

    But what irked me the most was that the buying link does not appear until the last minute of the video. I sat through the video 3 times before I figured this out! The sales video is quite good.

    However, if a potential customer wanted to go ahead and buy the product before the 24th minute of the video, they would not be able to do so. I am of the personal opinion that it is bad to place any barriers to purchase in front of a cash in hand buyer. Having the buy link only be available the in the 24th minute of the sales video seems like a barrier to purchase in my humble opinion.

    The sales page has a copyright of 2010. Yet the link to the affiliate tools section is still under construction.
    That's a problem. I wouldn't touch it. There are other red flags as well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7594388].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author evilsaigon
    Yes that really sucks, especially when a visitor comes back again in future and have to sit thru 24minutes again. Does it have the popup window offering discount if u try to close its page?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7594393].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by 52.ct View Post

    The video is about 24 minutes long and there are no video controls to fast forward or rewind. Only pause and play. I personally hate videos that don't give fast forward or rewind buttons.
    LOL ... no, of course not. I wouldn't touch it. My subscribers, visitors and readers would start asking me when I last had a mental state examination, if I sent traffic to that kind of "sales page" (at least, the ones who didn't just unsubscribe or disappear would do that).

    I'd keep an eye on it, though, because I'd expect that what's showing as the sales page now is probably part of a split-test (it's hardly likely to be the result of one, is it?!) and will be abandoned fairly soon, when the vendor realizes that he has no serious, pro-affiliates at all.

    As rightly observed above, there are other red flags, as well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7594400].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PerformanceMan
    The part about the unfinished affiliate center from 2010 would be enough to keep me shopping.
    Signature
    Free Special Report on Mindset - Level Up with Positive Thinking
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7594481].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dadhere
    Emailing the vendor asking if you can send buying customers to his product from another page usually works fine, but make sure you test conversions. You may be surprised at your buyer results.
    Signature



    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7594533].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gengis
    That's an easy No lol
    Signature
    My Craigslist Arbitrage Method Of Making Money On Demand -->

    http://www.warriorplus.com/w/v/f2fwlp
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7594575].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author napoleonfirst
    I would not promote a product such as this one as the sales page does not have a professional presentation. Of course, the page does not have to be totally sleek but it should be decent and the videos should do what they are supposed to do.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7594634].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cool Hand Luke
    Originally Posted by 52.ct View Post

    First let me preface this post by saying that I'm not going to reveal the niche for obvious reasons. That being said; Clickbank had what appeared to be the best in class ebook for a desperate buyer niche . But, I have reservations about the sales page.

    Instead, of a long form copy sales page, there is very little text. Not much more than the headline. There is one of those video scribing videos. Those type of videos were hands sketch the animation that matches the narrator's voice over.

    The video is about 24 minutes long and there are no video controls to fast forward or rewind. Only pause and play. I personally hate videos that don't give fast forward or rewind buttons.

    But what irked me the most was that the buying link does not appear until the last minute of the video. I sat through the video 3 times before I figured this out! The sales video is quite good.

    However, if a potential customer wanted to go ahead and buy the product before the 24th minute of the video, they would not be able to do so. I am of the personal opinion that it is bad to place any barriers to purchase in front of a cash in hand buyer. Having the buy link only be available the in the 24th minute of the sales video seems like a barrier to purchase in my humble opinion.

    The sales page has a copyright of 2010. Yet the link to the affiliate tools section is still under construction.
    I bolded the parts of your quote you should pay attention to. Why?

    Because what you *think* about how the sales page *might* convert doesn't matter. At all.

    At least, not before you send targeted traffic to the page and see how it converts.

    You see, every now and then, someone posts pretty much this exact thread with quotes exactly like yours: "I didn't like it", "I prefer videos that I can control", "what's with the delayed payment button?", etc.

    ...and inevitably a bunch of warriors chime in and condemn the sales page or vendor saying "Yeah, I hate that too, what's the deal?!"

    But here's the thing: There is a reason that the majority (yes, the majority, talk to a CB rep to vet this) of the top-20 CB products now have these things you claim "irk" you, like:

    *Video sales pages (with little text)
    *Videos set to only play or stop (no rewind, fast forward, etc)
    *Delayed payment buttons

    So why is that? It's very simple. (drumroll please...)

    It's because the pages convert better with these settings and make more money!

    Do you really think that these marketers aren't TESTING the sales page settings? Do you really think that the sales pages would look the way they do if they converted better with an instant payment button and a video that the customer could fast forward and rewind?

    Of course not. Some of these marketers are making MILLIONS every year, you can bet your ass they are testing everything on their sales pages thoroughly. And at no point do personal assumptions come into play. They don't think "well I don't like videos I have to watch the whole way through, therefore it must be the same for everyone in my market."

    No, they test endlessly and end up with the version that converts the best.

    Want an example? Go to Michael Fiore/Chris Haddad's "Text Your Ex Back" sales page. It is currently the #9 product on CB. If you haven't viewed it before, you'll notice that there is no "rewind/fast forward" option and the payment button is delayed for MORE THAN A HALF HOUR. So if someone wants to buy his product, they have to wait and watch for more than a half hour before they have the opportunity to do so.

    Yet somehow his company made more than $5 million off this product and 2 others on Clickbank last year...

    The point? Do not blindly assume your personal preferences are the same as those of your market, and do not make the mistake of disregarding the sales page settings of those who make millions from them.

    The ONLY sensible answer is to test. Then test some more. Then test again. It's not sexy, but it is the right way to go about things.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7594667].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author online only
    30minute long videos and 30pages of salesletters is so 1999.. I will never buy such products...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7594675].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Kaye
    LOLOL. I have a similar page on my site. I have a 60 minute video with very little copy and a SUBSCRIBE button. But the button is ALWAYS visible.

    Here's a link if you want to check it out: Video 1: How To Get on the Radio Tomorrow Morning ยป

    People who really watch 20-60 minute videos all the way through are DEFINITELY going to buy. And the more information you can offer up front the more trust you gain from the potential buyer.

    It's like an INFOMERCIAL on TV. You have to watch about 10 minutes of live demonstration and testimonials. Then they hit you with the number to call and order.

    Or trade shows. Pitchmen who work trade shows like the "Home and Garden Show," and the "Southern Women's Show" give 30 minute presentations before they take a single dollar. By the time they are done...they clean up!

    Finally, the only thing that really matters is HOW DOES IT CONVERT? What is the GRAVITY? Test it and see if you make money. If commissions come in, then it sounds like a winner!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7594682].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Stuart Walker
    Instantly I think "no I wouldn't promote it" because I'm convinced that people will get bored needing to watch a 24minute video and give up without buying but tbh that's just me talking, that shows nothing more than that I have a short attention span. What's to say that in your niche (depending on what it is) that people aren't easily distracted and would happily watch a 24 minute video all the way to the end before even considering clicking on the buy button.

    I don't know because I've never tested something like this and you obviously haven't tested it either because you wouldn't be asking on here. So why not test it. If it works then fantastic you've hit the jackpot. If it doesn't work then no problem your subscribers have just watched an informative video and nothing (much) is lost.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7595131].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Chris Lengley
      I tried once, but the result wasn't good.

      These types of products are mostly in sexuality, or in dating, niche.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7595153].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sue McDonald
    A video to go for that length of time and you have no control over it is something that can be very annoying.

    I wouldn't promote that product because it just doesn't sound right - 2010 - it is now 2013.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7595163].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Harvey Segal
      As an alternative to my earlier post (bypassing the sales page) here's another approach:

      On your presell page you tell your visitor the pros and cons
      - the product is great but
      - the sales page he is about to see is a disappointment (because that's not the author's forte)

      This will give him the impression that you are giving a fair review as you are mentioning good and bad features but of course you are not saying anything bad about the product itself.

      Warn him about what will follow and that he'll never regret a measly 24 minutes of lost time (he can run off and have a cup of tea) once he has the best ebook on the topic he has been searching for

      .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7595190].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author myob
        There are actually quite a few Clickbank products I promote which are good quality but have crappy sales pages. It's usually not a problem to get an okay from the vendor for a direct link to the order page. Another option that works in addition to the above would be to make a humorous mockery of the sales page, with your own recommendation of the product.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7595219].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
          Banned
          Originally Posted by myob View Post

          Another option that works in addition to the above would be to make a humorous mockery of the sales page, with your own recommendation of the product.
          This I might be willing to try, under some circumstances.

          It would have to be a very good product, though.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7595241].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
    Here's a thought.....

    TEST IT.
    Signature

    BS free SEO services, training and advice - SEO Point

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7595862].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mailbox 25
      Originally Posted by John Romaine View Post

      Here's a thought.....

      TEST IT.
      Second that.

      I always go in with this in mind: "I am not my market."

      You never know what your subscribers (or however you're driving traffic to your page) respond to unless you've tested it.

      Sure, you might lose some sales with that kind of a sales page. Maybe you'll not make a single sale. The only way to say for sure is to send traffic to that page.

      And believe me, the results can surprise you. I've sent traffic to similar salespages in the past and.... they've WORKED!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7595984].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sdkulkarniB
    Nope, In my opinion the Site is under construction
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7595904].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anwar001
    There is no problem about the salespage not having long text but having just a video instead. A few other top selling Clickbank products are also using similar strategy. Just have a look at these pages -
    Fat Loss Factor By Dr. Charles Livingston
    Fat Burning Furnace

    The above 2 weight loss products have high gravity and are popular ones from a long time. They obviously have redesigned their sales pages and now don't have a long sales letter - just video and little text.

    However, they also have a buynow button placed below the video right from the start. Visitors don't have to wait for 24 minutes for the buy now button to appear.

    So, the main problem with the sales page of the product you are promoting is that the buy now button is appearing so late, which can decrease conversion rates. Other than that, it shouldn't be a problem by just having a video and not long text.

    What I would suggest is you contact their customer support or affiliate support and address this issue. Raise your doubts and tell them that you are thinking of promoting their product but have reservations due to this. If needed, show them examples of the above 2 webpages I have mentioned.Ask them to make a small change and have the buynow button at all times on the page.

    See how they respond. If they don't respond nicely, then it might not be a good idea to promote their product anyway. If they don't reply back or support affiliates who are supposed to bring them customers, then they may not pay attention to their customers as well. So, stay away from them in such a case.

    However, if you receive a favorable reply, then all should be well. Hope you find my answer useful.
    Signature
    Web Design - Professional Responsive Wordpress Website Design for Just $60 - Hurry!
    [SELLING] 10k Indian Student Leads: MBA Aspirants - PM me if you are interested to buy
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7596327].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Cool Hand Luke
      Originally Posted by anwar001 View Post

      There is no problem about the salespage not having long text but having just a video instead. A few other top selling Clickbank products are also using similar strategy. Just have a look at these pages -
      Fat Loss Factor By Dr. Charles Livingston
      Fat Burning Furnace

      The above 2 weight loss products have high gravity and are popular ones from a long time. They obviously have redesigned their sales pages and now don't have a long sales letter - just video and little text.

      However, they also have a buynow button placed below the video right from the start. Visitors don't have to wait for 24 minutes for the buy now button to appear.


      So, the main problem with the sales page of the product you are promoting is that the buy now button is appearing so late, which can decrease conversion rates. Other than that, it shouldn't be a problem by just having a video and not long text.
      You are 100% wrong on both counts.

      The first link you posted is the Fat Loss Factor's main sales page, and the payment button is DELAYED, not there from the start as you say. I don't even know how you could miss this...

      The second link you posted is not the Fat Burning Furnace's main sales page and it is certainly NOT the one that a visitor sees when they click on an affiliate's link. The page they actually see is this one: The Real Reason You're Flabby, Out of Shape, Or Just Plain Fat...

      Wait.... Is that... Yes, I believe it might be.... Yet another Video Sales Letter with a delayed payment button.

      On both of these sites, you only see the payment button if you either wait 20-30 mins until it pops up, or you click away from the pages and then re-open the link in a new window or browser.

      Again, these vendors use a delayed payment button because IT WORKS for them and converts better than a static payment button that is there from the start. Period.

      How do I know? Two reasons:

      1. I've seen the split-tests and the massive earnings by several of these vendors
      2. Common sense

      Please people, stop spreading misinformation and assumptions about how a sales page converts based on nothing other than your own personal preferences. The OP may have found a great product to promote and the ONLY way he can know is to send some traffic to it and TEST.

      I'm out of this thread, so much bad information here that is misleading people. Good luck sorting through these responses OP.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7596414].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GoodFE
    Well it makes sense to put it at the end of the video. If someone is truly interested in purchasing a product, why would they want to fast forward or buy before the video ends?

    It makes perfect sense to me because if the button is there all the time then it could sink into the background. When it pops up at the end the buyer will notice it and want to click.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7596434].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics