Marketing my ecommerce site/Product

by kccan
8 replies
Hello All, just joined, been looking through all the information here,
I own a website which has been successful for the past 13 years, we manufacturer and sell the Original Message in a Bottle gifts, invitations and promotional products.
I am not sure if I can post my website so I won't but if you wish to see it search for original message in a bottle shop on google.

My question is what is the most cost effective way to market my website to USA customers, software, SEO, traffic software.

your expertise much appreciated.

Keith C
#ecommerce #marketing #site or product
  • Profile picture of the author Jubu
    Originally Posted by kccan View Post

    Hello All, just joined, been looking through all the information here,
    I own a website which has been successful for the past 13 years, we manufacturer and sell the Original Message in a Bottle gifts, invitations and promotional products.
    I am not sure if I can post my website so I won't but if you wish to see it search for original message in a bottle shop on google.

    My question is what is the most cost effective way to market my website to USA customers, software, SEO, traffic software.

    your expertise much appreciated.

    Keith C
    SEO of course is going to give you the best return on investment/long term results.

    Since you're ecommerce I'd recommend having a presence on Pinterest.

    A new site that I started to get into is Wanelo.

    It's like pinterest but it's more for people looking to buy.

    The first link in my signature will tell you more about it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7607543].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lotsofsnow
    Originally Posted by Jubu View Post

    SEO of course is going to give you the best return on investment/long term results.
    SEO is more like gambling. Buy media (paid advertising) and get SEO benefits along with it (on top for free). Spending money on SEO is not a smart move.

    Originally Posted by Jubu View Post

    Since you're ecommerce I'd recommend having a presence on Pinterest.
    That's just a fad, not a long term strategy




    Originally Posted by kccan View Post

    Hello All, just joined, been looking through all the information here,
    I own a website which has been successful for the past 13 years, we manufacturer and sell the Original Message in a Bottle gifts, invitations and promotional products.
    I am not sure if I can post my website so I won't but if you wish to see it search for original message in a bottle shop on google.

    My question is what is the most cost effective way to market my website to USA customers, software, SEO, traffic software.

    your expertise much appreciated.

    Keith C
    Hi Keith,

    You've got an nice web site!

    There are many ways to market your website.
    Please tell me what your budget is and I can help you
    to come up with a marketing strategy.


    HP
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7607589].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andy Money
    If your site was successful for 13 years, what were you doing to market it? Offline marketing?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7607603].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kccan
      Hello All thanks for the help, business was good, competition has gotten thicker over the years. Most of our sales come from the East coast and after super storm sandy hit business dropped badly.

      We also have a large multi million dollar company offering our kits as our competitor, their budget is huge.

      Keith C
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7608009].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mgreener
    Having been around for 13 years you probably have your target market dialed in quite nicely. Identify online communities, sites, forums, etc. that your target spends their time on and advertise. Same for Facebook, you can tightly target with ads.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7607712].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adam Adair
    Keith,

    Where have your sales come from to date? Offline advertising? Are you trying to set an online marketing strategy?

    Adam
    Signature
    Living Life Elevated
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7608112].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kccan
    Hello Adam,

    I am trying to develop a marketing strategy that will allow me to create the greatest return on my investment, both offline nad online, 95% of our business is done via our website. We do not have a brick and mortar store.

    Keith C
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7612038].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author napoleonfirst
    You need to hire a ppc expert at Elance or Odesk, this eay you will be able to test offers right away. SEO will be used to get traffic for keywords that are proven to convert. You can also hire an affiliate manger to recruit affiliates to sell your products.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7612268].message }}

Trending Topics