The days of the “wild west” are long gone.
That’s not to say you still CAN’T make a small fortune from launching WSOs.
To this day I still sell WSOs and I believe I am fairly successful at it. But, like most things it now requires a bit of “science” and here’s mine.
This is how I do it today... and how I will do my next one..
1. RESEARCH: Look through the WSO section AS WELL as Warrior Plus affiliate offers to see what's currently selling well. In the WSO section look for threads that are "on fire" and have atleast 2 pages of replies/reviews. Once you find those, read them and see how the conversation is going. In Warrior plus, look for offers in the affiliate section that have a high conversion (around 10%) and check out those offers as well. Also search the forum in general, looking for common questions. If you do all three of these, you'll notice some commonalities. It's these commonalities that you'll base your product on.
2. Start developing your product. Short 10 dollar reports work well and can be created quickly. Solve ONE problem - and solve it well. At the same time you do this, create an "early bird" thread in the WSO section. This is a posting with an AD about your upcoming WSO and urges people to "optin" for a special "pre-launch" discount price lock. This links to your landing page with an optin form. Get it all setup and once the thread is approved, pay for it to go live. You'll start building a "pre-launch" list.
2. While your pre-launch list is building, start emailing potential JV partners. A great place to start is by emailing anyone from whom YOU'VE purchased a WSO from. Start by emailing them and tell them that they can promote your WSO to their list for a commission rate 10% higher than "everyone else". (75% rec'd)
3. Let this marinate and complete the product.
4. Once the product is done - get REVIEWS! Email the same people you emailed in the step above and automatically send the ALL a review copy. Remind them to promote you on launch day and tell them you've provided a review copy (link to download) so they can go through it. Next, urge them to leave a review if they like it. Link to your WSO thread, which is right now, your 'early-bird" thread. Expect 10 percent of them to leave a review.
5. By not you should be building a list of people who opted into your 'early bird" list. Send them a quick note letting them know that there are 10 review copies avialable and anyone who wants one email you back. The first 10 get the worm. Work with them personally to get the review. Let them know that "by launch" day, they should leave a review. Keep reminding them to get that done.
6. As launch day approaches, email the "JV list" and offer the commission bump you offered in step 2, reiterate the benefits of promoting you, and send along a "ready-to-go" email swipe for them to send and tell them when to send it.
7. LAUNCH DAY: Replace the "early bird" ad with your sales letter, add the "buy now" buttons and test your sales process. Look at the thread and copy/paste the reviews into your sales letter, too. At the top, after the main headline.
EMAIL all JV partners, with the swipe again, and tell them to send it by 10AM (EST). At 9:45 (EST) email the early bird list a link to the thread and tell them their early bird page is live with the discount price. I did mine at $7.00.
At 10 Am (est) "bump" the thread and immediately email EVERYONE you've encountered that it's LIVE and it's $7.00 for the day.
At the END of the day, set it to "dime-sale" from $7.00 every 2 sales (so the buy button ALWAYS says "1 copy left at this price" - proven to help conversions.
Now email EVERYONE again and tell them that you're on 'dime sale".
You won't become a millionaire doing this. Hopefully what will happen is that....
1. Early-Bird Lists" (like the one you built) have a high conversion and THIS will cause your EPCs to soar. High EPC means more affiliates.
2. Hopefully a few of those in the JV list (step 2) send off your promotion, earning you more, keeping the EPC high.
Because of the high EPC you'll continue to attract more affiliates.
It's highly "secret' but also said that high EPCs help get "WSO of the Day".
*** It's assumed you're using Warrior Plus, which you should.
*** This is basically a run down of how i market MY WSOs - and it works for me.
This is important but I couldn't figure out where to throw it into my post so I'll just add it as an amendment.
When you build the "early bird list" you're going to want to use sequential emailing to get them engaged and salivating for your product so come launch day, they HAVE to have it!
You do this with sequential mailing.
Sequential mailing is simply a "multi-step" email marketing campaign cinsisting of 4 to 10 emails LEADING UP to your offer.
Obviously you can do this by pre-writing these emails and loading them into your auto-responder.
In EVERY EMAIL you have a link to your "WSO thread" which at this point is an early bird, or pre-launch page.
Each email builds anticipation for the impending product launch day, at which time they'll just "have to have it". s this anticipation builds, so does momentum as these people will leave comments in the thread about "how they cant wait, etc".
Here's how to create the Sequential Emails
Lets say your product has 8 major benefits, which each have a bullet point on the sales page you're going to use.
Take those 8 bullets and create an email for each one.
Bingo. 8 pre-launch emails.
The goal of the whole thing is to get them to comment, build up anticipation and get them fiending about your product.
Remember, these people opted into your early bird list because they wanted to hear about your product launch so don't waste that by NOT using a sequential pre-launch email chain on them!
That'd be silly.