Help.. Small Tech Issue in WordPress!

by npaige
19 replies
Hi all,

I just noticed the site I am building - Mountain River Stream |
Has a line after the name in the toolbar and in the sentence above!
So it also bookmarks this way - with a line after the name - Mountain River Stream.
Why is that there?
How can I get rid of it?

Thanks,
Dr. Nicki
#issue #small #tech #wordpress
  • Profile picture of the author Sue McDonald
    That line is not showing up when I open it in Firefox. It looks fine.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7631168].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author npaige
      You don't see a line when you go to the url?
      In the toolbar - Favicon, Mountain River Stream, line.............. no?

      Originally Posted by Sue McDonald View Post

      That line is not showing up when I open it in Firefox. It looks fine.
      Signature

      Holistic Health Educator | Writer | Artist

      Take Back Your Health! You can do this.http://ReverseDiabetesHolistically.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7631233].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author challanger
    what line are you talking about??

    is it this?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7631184].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author npaige
      Not on the actual website - on the toolbar.. after favicon, name, then there is a line. If you bookmark it, it bookmarks with a line...

      Originally Posted by challanger View Post

      what line are you talking about??

      is it this?
      Signature

      Holistic Health Educator | Writer | Artist

      Take Back Your Health! You can do this.http://ReverseDiabetesHolistically.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7631236].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author run
    Open your header.php file.

    Replace title tag with this code instead:

    PHP Code:
    <title><?php if (is_home() || is_front_page()) { echo bloginfo('name'); } else { echo wp_title(''); } ?></title>
    Furthermore, Do you have any SEO plugin install? If so, it's from the SEO plugin to give the title structure like this:

    Site Name | Post/Page Title

    So, check out with your SEO plugin!
    Signature
    I just wanna tell you that most of the links in the signature are trash and/or a trap to make you pay!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7631246].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kingfish85
    The OP is talking about the | in the title. I think it is a plugin doing it - do you have some SEO plugin that edits the titles? I'd start there. When viewing the source, you can see it:

    HTML Code:
    <title>Mountain River Stream | </title>
    It's called a "pipe" symbol.

    Most likely you could find the symbol in the header.php file OR in the plugin files for the SEO plugin.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7631253].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author npaige
      You found it! Pipe symbol.. it is.

      I can't find it.
      This is in the header.php file.
      <title><?php tj_custom_titles(); ?></title>
      Is this correct?

      I will look at the plugins.

      Thank you,
      Dr. Nicki

      Originally Posted by Kingfish85 View Post

      The OP is talking about the | in the title. I think it is a plugin doing it - do you have some SEO plugin that edits the titles? I'd start there. When viewing the source, you can see it:

      HTML Code:
      <title>Mountain River Stream | </title>
      It's called a "pipe" symbol.

      Most likely you could find the symbol in the header.php file OR in the plugin files for the SEO plugin.
      Signature

      Holistic Health Educator | Writer | Artist

      Take Back Your Health! You can do this.http://ReverseDiabetesHolistically.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7631304].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author challanger
    Nope its not plugin.. You go to settings and you will see a General settings tab

    after clicking general setting.

    you can see title portion.. check that title there must be a line written.....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7631298].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author npaige
      I checked.
      There is no line in "site title."

      Now what?

      Originally Posted by challanger View Post

      Nope its not plugin.. You go to settings and you will see a General settings tab

      after clicking general setting.

      you can see title portion.. check that title there must be a line written.....
      Signature

      Holistic Health Educator | Writer | Artist

      Take Back Your Health! You can do this.http://ReverseDiabetesHolistically.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7631315].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author challanger
    what SEO plugin are you using?

    Yoast? AllinoneSEO or something else?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7631349].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author npaige
      I don't have any SEO specific plugins yet...
      Contact 7
      Digg Digg
      Sitemaps
      Exclude Pages
      Custom Post Templates
      Statpress
      Special Recent Posts

      Originally Posted by challanger View Post

      what SEO plugin are you using?

      Yoast? AllinoneSEO or something else?
      Signature

      Holistic Health Educator | Writer | Artist

      Take Back Your Health! You can do this.http://ReverseDiabetesHolistically.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7631375].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author challanger
    Some WP templates. it keeps the blog title on all pages... When you create title for rest of the pages, it will use that line.. just like following site

    /www.sheensol.com/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7631364].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author npaige
      I think it's the pipe symbol.. not the forward slash...

      Originally Posted by challanger View Post

      Some WP templates. it keeps the blog title on all pages... When you create title for rest of the pages, it will use that line.. just like following site

      /www.sheensol.com/
      Signature

      Holistic Health Educator | Writer | Artist

      Take Back Your Health! You can do this.http://ReverseDiabetesHolistically.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7631385].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author run
      what SEO plugin are you using?

      Yoast? AllinoneSEO or something else?
      No! This site has no SEO plugin installed. It's from theme itself. There are 2 solutions:

      1st Choice - You didn't add the site "Tagline" in General Setting of your blog. So add Tagline, it'll have the description of the site after that "Pipe" symbol.

      2nd Choice - Under "Appearance" -> in "Freshlife Theme options" -> click on "SEO options" on the left -> scroll down to find this "If custom titles are disabled, choose autogeneration method" -> choose "BlogName only".

      It'll do trick! Let's see this help!
      Signature
      I just wanna tell you that most of the links in the signature are trash and/or a trap to make you pay!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7631394].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author npaige
        Brilliant!!!

        Option #2........ worked.

        Thank you very much.
        Thank all of you for taking the time
        That was really buggin me and I really need to get off the computer

        Appreciate it!
        Dr. Nicki

        Originally Posted by run View Post



        No! This site has no SEO plugin installed. It's from theme itself. There are 2 solutions:

        1st Choice - You didn't add the site "Tagline" in General Setting of your blog. So add Tagline, it'll have the description of the site after that "Pipe" symbol.

        2nd Choice - Under "Appearance" -> in "Freshlife Theme options" -> click on "SEO options" on the left -> scroll down to find this "If custom titles are disabled, choose autogeneration method" -> choose "BlogName only".

        It'll do trick! Let's see this help!
        Signature

        Holistic Health Educator | Writer | Artist

        Take Back Your Health! You can do this.http://ReverseDiabetesHolistically.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7631414].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author run
          Great that it solve your prob.!

          Originally Posted by npaige View Post

          Brilliant!!!

          Option #2........ worked.

          Thank you very much.
          Thank all of you for taking the time
          That was really buggin me and I really need to get off the computer

          Appreciate it!
          Dr. Nicki

          It's from the theme setting itself not from the core Wordpress setting. I just give as many solutions as possible.

          hahaha.. same solution i gave :-)
          Signature
          I just wanna tell you that most of the links in the signature are trash and/or a trap to make you pay!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7631427].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author challanger
    open the attached image and do as i said on it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7631415].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author challanger
    hahaha.. same solution i gave :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7631422].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author challanger
    Ok, Ok Ok, Dude , you are right :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7631485].message }}

Trending Topics