14 replies
Hey all,

I need some advice about subscribers. I run a hosting website and have about 80 paying members so far. Could I send these guys "upgrade" emails as they're already "customers" or is still considered spam.

Places like Amazon and eBay are always sending me emails to buy this/that.

Too be honest I'm not about to start sending my members upgrade emails but I just want to know where I stand with regards to how I can communicate with them.

Also, if I start to use Aweber, MailChimp or Getresponse can I download a list of my subscribers names/email or do these belong to the list manager? Have you ever tried to migrate subscribers to a different list manager?

Thanks for your help,
Lou
#managing #subscribers
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    Any announcement regarding service-related news should be fair game. Also, you should make the update friendlier-ie., how they can benefit and how they can get more from hosting. Soft-sell the add-on or third party services you want to push.
    Signature

    Want To Make More Money Online? Invest in BETTER CONTENT!
    Articles - Blogs - Authority sites - Ecommerce descriptions - Emails - Youtube video scripts - AFFORDABLE RATES!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7637187].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author owenlee
    It looks fine to me..As long as what you promote is valuable to them and help them solve a problem
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7637604].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JimDucharme
    Originally Posted by Louis Raven View Post

    Also, if I start to use Aweber, MailChimp or Getresponse can I download a list of my subscribers names/email or do these belong to the list manager? Have you ever tried to migrate subscribers to a different list manager?

    Thanks for your help,
    Lou
    Hi Lou,

    I can't speak for anyone else, but with GetResponse, the answer would be yes, it's your list.

    Regards,
    jim
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7637610].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Louis Raven
    Thanks guys. I have subscribers and paying clients on my contact list, How would I go about automatically moving the subscribers to a client list (once they've purchased) etc?

    I don't want to keep promoting hosting via my newsletter to subscribers who've already got it. Maybe Mailchip or Aweber has a Paypal API..

    Cheers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7638024].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thedanbrown
    Originally Posted by Louis Raven View Post

    Hey all,

    I need some advice about subscribers. I run a hosting website and have about 80 paying members so far. Could I send these guys "upgrade" emails as they're already "customers" or is still considered spam.

    Places like Amazon and eBay are always sending me emails to buy this/that.

    Too be honest I'm not about to start sending my members upgrade emails but I just want to know where I stand with regards to how I can communicate with them.

    Also, if I start to use Aweber, MailChimp or Getresponse can I download a list of my subscribers names/email or do these belong to the list manager? Have you ever tried to migrate subscribers to a different list manager?

    Thanks for your help,
    Lou
    Hey man,

    You CAN definitely send them emails for upgrade offers. I would mix in a content email or two maybe try and show them how to speed up their website or some type of trick you could offer for free. By doing this your list will be more responsive when you send out a promotional email.

    Also, if you decide to use Aweber or another autoresponder you can import emails but it requires them to confirm the list (at least with aweber).

    I would recommend that what you do is offer them something for free but they have to confirm to get the free giveaway
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7638038].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    Originally Posted by Louis Raven View Post

    Hey all,

    I need some advice about subscribers. I run a hosting website and have about 80 paying members so far. Could I send these guys "upgrade" emails as they're already "customers" or is still considered spam.
    Lou,

    I don't see anything wrong with that. They already know who you are because they bought something from you. I would go ahead and ask them to upgrade.
    Signature

    .

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7638149].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GailTrahd
    Also - be aware of the TOS of the autoresponder you use. Mail Chimp is not friendly to IM and you could literally lose the list.
    Signature
    Content, Video, Infographics in the lucrative relationship market

    WSO LIST BUILDING WEIGHT LOSS CONTENT BUNDLE
    Accurate, Researched and REFERENCED
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7638257].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kennytan
    If you are importing the list to any third party email marketing services, they will need you to reconfirm all the subscribers by sending an email to the subscriber address to get it added into the list except icontact don't need it.

    The subscribers list you have in any one of them can be downloaded via CSV or text format to your computer.

    It is also legitimate to send any email to your hosting clients as they should know who you are, otherwise why would they purchase the hosting.

    By the way, where are you sending the emails to your current hosting client?
    Signature

    Web Design and Development Agency That Build Awesome Website!
    Check Out >> https://www.dominionfusionsolutions.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7638308].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JimDucharme
      Originally Posted by Louis Raven View Post

      Thanks guys. I have subscribers and paying clients on my contact list, How would I go about automatically moving the subscribers to a client list (once they've purchased) etc?

      I don't want to keep promoting hosting via my newsletter to subscribers who've already got it. Maybe Mailchip or Aweber has a Paypal API..

      Cheers
      GetResponse has this integration with Paypal, Louis.

      Originally Posted by kennytan View Post

      If you are importing the list to any third party email marketing services, they will need you to reconfirm all the subscribers by sending an email to the subscriber address to get it added into the list...
      Hi Kenny,

      This is not the case with GetResponse. We have a process in place to allow people to import their list without having to reconfirm. We test it and if there are no issues we will waive the confirmation.

      Regards,
      jim
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7638352].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author kennytan
        Originally Posted by JimDucharme View Post


        Hi Kenny,

        This is not the case with GetResponse. We have a process in place to allow people to import their list without having to reconfirm. We test it and if there are no issues we will waive the confirmation.

        Regards,
        jim
        Jim,

        Is great to know this. what will be the criteria for subscribers import options?
        Signature

        Web Design and Development Agency That Build Awesome Website!
        Check Out >> https://www.dominionfusionsolutions.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7638603].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JimDucharme
          Originally Posted by kennytan View Post

          Jim,

          Is great to know this. what will be the criteria for subscribers import options?
          Hi Kenny,

          The process is very simple and can be done either directly from your dashboard or you can even email our compliance team prior to purchasing an account and ask them to test the list to be sure it will be imported with no issues. Drop me a PM if you want the address or more info.

          Regards,
          jim
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7639285].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    It's a great idea to contact your existing members with different offers. This is backend marketing - it accounts for most of the money in your business. This isn't considered spam - especially if they are thrilled with your hosting services. With aweber, you can backup your leads and customer list. Will take about 24 hours to do it though.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7638422].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mikemeth
    Yes give them some good content and squeeze a offer here and there.
    Signature
    Cheapest Fiverr Backlink Services : HIGH PR Links, AMR Submission and More *TOP RATED SELLER*
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7638491].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jipolis7
    Make sure you put your Subscribe by E-Mail box everywhere you can on your website, without “wearing out your welcome.”

    If you see the Subscribe by E-mail box, that means you are not subscribed to this website, (you might want to do that now).
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7638969].message }}

Trending Topics