I've spent a good deal of time studying and applying IM. I'm familiar enough with the "basics" of affiliate marketing, SEO, keyword research, and product development.
But I'm ready to take this thing to the next level. I always hear "the money's in the list," "build your subscribers' list, man!" etc. It's something I haven't tried yet, but I'm ready to let it rip.
So, here's my question to the fellow Warriors out there: what's the best way to build an email list?
Other considerations to keep in mind:
- I plan to pick a niche and promote several (nice-related) affiliate products OR my own products
- This list doesn't need to be huge; it just needs to be large enough to be worth the time I put into it.
- My ultimate plan would be to create 4 or 5 of these sites in different niches to build up my passive income through these different lists.
- I plan to have simple site design... just a squeeze or opt-in page, home page, about, contact, etc. If it all possible, I want to avoid creating any additional blogs (already have one that takes up a lot of time)
- I would entice visitors to join my list by giving away a free report, audio recording, or another info product (lead magnet)
- Then I would provide subscribers with free, valuable (niche-related) content (and occasional offers). Ideally, I would use an auto responder to set this up and plan the messages in advance.
- My budget is pretty tight at this point. I'm not planning on paying someone to do this for me, but I could swing a few PPC campaigns.
Obviously, I'm not going to be able to get this perfect right off the bat. I will implement and tweak as I go. But I wanted as many people's opinions (those of you who have "been there, done that") to get me started in the right direction.
Thanks a lot and I'm looking forward to everyone's answers.