Gay and Lesbian Niche - Anyone Interested Or Experienced?

35 replies
"disclaimer" for fellow Warriors (just to avoid possible PMs ): I am heterosexual :p

and I want to finally contribute in this forum, since I have only been reading here for a long time

Hi everyone,

I want to start this thread because I've incidentally come across a website of a local gay bar/cafe which made my brain cells start working I haven't seen much people talking or asking about marketing strategies in this niche for some time.

I have never even thought about trying to go into this niche, and now I am just wondering why... Just for you to understand - I used to reside with my female friends who (to my misfortune :confused were lesbians... During that time I got some "concepts" of their behaviour, feelings, thoughts etc... They are my good friends and I don't want to make any difference between them and hetero girls, but I think that marketing to this niche must be a bit different... (and from my experience it's not just 4% of people)

My questions are:

  • If you have tried to market in this niche, can you share your experience/tips/tricks/suggestions/ideas/success stories?
  • If you haven't tried to market in this niche and are interested, can you post questions to be answered by fellow Warriors?
  • If you are not listed above, can you post something?

I will appreciate everyone's post, every idea or opinion, just please do not be rude )

Thanks to all

Miro
#experienced #gay #interested #lesbian #niche
  • Profile picture of the author Joey Starkey
    Honestly I know very little about this niche except the following.

    My day job (hopefully for not much longer) is selling cars. I am very good at it and have sold 1,000's.

    It has been my experience in most cases that gays will have good credit and more disposable income.
    They are also generally also very easy to deal with. I have also never has one look me in the eye and tell me they didn't care if I made a dime. Just sayin.

    This post was not made to offend anyone just to share my experience.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7659950].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author agmccall
    My sister-in-law is gay, My wife and I spend alot of time with her and her partner. They buy the same things we do, eat the same places we eat. There house is not full of "Gay" Stuff, so I do not know what you are looking to market that is exclusively "Gay".

    al
    Signature

    A bar of iron cost $5. Made into horseshoes, it's worth $12. Made into needles, it's worth $3500. Made into balance springs for watches, it's worth $300,000. Your value is determined by what you are able to make of yourself

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7659953].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kindsvater
      Unless you are focused on a dating or relationship issue, or some narrowly focused issue arising out of relationships and what is legally recognized (such as adoption or inheritance) I don't think it's a niche.

      I don't have different website terms I sell to webmasters and then to webmasters who are gay.

      Just trying to identify what someone's private sexual practice are to market to them "differently" could cause legal problems due to privacy and discrimination issues.

      .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7659998].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author salegurus
    Originally Posted by miroskala View Post

    I want to finally contribute in this forum, since I have only been reading here for a long time
    Seems more like you are asking for help than contributing
    I am unaware of "Gay" market, i mean don't they eat the same foods, wear the same clothes, buy the same consumer electronics etc.etc.
    Signature
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

    ― George Carlin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7660016].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

      My sister-in-law is gay, My wife and I spend alot of time with her and her partner. They buy the same things we do, eat the same places we eat. There house is not full of "Gay" Stuff, so I do not know what you are looking to market that is exclusively "Gay".

      al
      Originally Posted by salegurus View Post

      Seems more like you are asking for help than contributing
      I am unaware of "Gay" market, i mean don't they eat the same foods, wear the same clothes, buy the same consumer electronics etc.etc.
      I'll confess that I stumbled over this by accident. One of the markets I serve is "adults with money and no kids". Turns out there is an overlap with a fair part of the gay community.

      Yes, gays do wear the same clothes, eat the same foods, etc. But they share the same challenge my main market does - finding certain things that are not focused on families with kids.

      Look at travel, for example. It can seem like every special offer and discount is aimed at families with kids.

      Or within the workplace. Guess who gets the short end of the stick when it comes to time off, convenient hours, etc. because "it's not like they have kids to worry about."

      Look beyond their sexual preference for other characteristics that differ from the mainstream majority, and you'll find opportunity. The GLTB market goes far beyond same-sex dating sites, rainbow tee shirts and assless chaps...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7660050].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author scrunchie
      I can see a market for gay/lesbian literature, tourism (gay friendly resorts etc) and club-scene fashion.

      I've no idea how profitable it would be though.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7660057].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    I applaud you trying to ask a serious question that could be tricky:p

    For you personally, I don't think it would be a good market for one simple reason.....you felt the need to point out you are heterosexual.
    That tells me you aren't comfortable with being considered part of that particular group - and it's a normal reaction for many people.

    I looked at that niche several years ago. I had reached the same conclusion as you that there are products that appeal to that demographic and it's a specific audience.

    At the time I was thinking about "books" as a lesbian friend had told me she had to drive many miles to get books from a specific bookstore. I'd never thought of that. Even the books I read (mysteries, serial killer stuff, complex plots), though not "romantic", have a man/women focus that had never occurred to me.

    After looking into it, I realized the market is one I could not effectively work in. There are some markets that require authenticity and I think the gay/lesbian niche is one of them. I could be wrong but that was what I decided after looking into it.

    Lifestyles are like cultures - people are just like me, but there are nuanced differences I accept but don't fully understand because I haven't lived the life they have.

    I disagree with some posters - there is a market there that is quite specific when it comes to products such as books and movies, etc. But that's a small area of preference in a demographic that is otherwise just like everyone else.
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not change the world -
    but the world will be forever changed for that one dog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7660070].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author helisell
    I'm not gay either but I don't reckon 'gay' is a niche at all.

    That would be a bit like saying 'teenager' is a niche.

    Within the gay community there will be just as many niches as any other so I think this would demand a little more thought first.

    .
    Signature

    Making Calls To Sell Something? What are you actually saying?
    Is there any room for improvement? Want to find out?

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7660074].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rbtmarshall
    No idea. but it's definitely a niche that limits itself to sexual preference.

    Some niche boundaries can be cross and entered by someone out of the niche. But this type of niche has a fortified wall rather than drawn in the sand boundaries.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7660094].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Morgan Westerman
      Well, I am gay... and an online marketer... and yes I have tested offers to this niche. And yes, there is a market. In fact, you probably wouldn't be aware unless you're in this demographic and see the marketing of major brands, but many, many large corporations spend large amounts of marketing dollars targeting this market sector. Why? Because as has been suggested, they have more discretionary cash (statistically speaking) and they are proven market leaders and early adopters.

      From an article this month on www.business.com:
      "Gays and lesbians spend more than $600 billion every year; they're a business owner's dream customers because they are:

      Affluent: The average annual income for a gay household is $61,000, 20.4 percent higher than in a heterosexual household.
      Educated: Some 83 percent of gays and lesbians have either attended or graduated from college.
      Loyal: Approximately 89 percent of gays and lesbians are brand-affiliated and are highly likely to seek out brands that advertise to them.

      ... Gays and lesbians are early adopters of new technology. Smart marketers will recognize their fondness for high-tech toys and reach out to them via new media, including cell phones, email and instant messages."

      Also see some other interesting statistics on gayadnetwork.com ...
      The Gay Audience - Affluence & Influence | Gay Ad Network | Gay Audience Reach | Digital Advertising

      Possible niches to focus on within the LGBT community:
      Gay Travel
      Gay Dating
      Financial Services
      Entertainment
      Fashion
      Luxury Goods
      Fitness

      Of course the LGBT market is part of the mainstream market-place, but focusing on a specific demographic of any kind can be hugely profitable.

      Companies like Levi's, American Airlines, Orbitz, Subaru, Dell, Coca Cola and Starbucks are well known for their LGBT targeted promotions and their gay-friendly work environments. Why is this noteworthy? Because 78% of gay online users prefer to buy from companies that target market to the LGBT community. Putting a pro-gay spin on your mainstream marketing can have significant positive results. And, narrowly targeting a specific sector can always mean more profits... but with the gay community, remember they are fiercely loyal, and incredible brand evangelists. Ask yourself what can you bring to market in a new way that can attract the gay crowd to be your early adopters and raving fans.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7660266].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shabit87
    Like someone else has already mentioned, the gay and lesbian community are quite...uh...let's see "well off." Niches to focus on within the niche again as someone already suggested would be Fitness, Travel, and Dating.

    The gay and lesbian thing itself is not a niche I would say, but it makes a great sub niche into the already proven popular niches. The community itself is often times similar to any other community. Nothing is different except for their preference. The only extremeness you'll often see is in the younger gay communities and often times they're still establishing themselves, their careers, etc. so they are not who you'd want to market to anyhow.

    I have friends who are gay and unless you asked MOST times you wouldn't know their sexual preference and care. But going to certain sites that specifically target the gay community like dating sites and communities can be a great place to help users find ideal product specifically for them (gay cruises for example). But be careful, because a lot of times you don't want to single yourself out in such a way. Creating a cooking sites for the gay community would be a bad idea...it's food, it doesn't become better because someone who is gay prepared it. However a gay cruise for a single man could be beneficial because he doesn't have to worry about hitting on someone who is straight and offending him.

    Just be certain you're marketing to the gay community in a way that benefits them and their preference and doesn't simply single them out. Compliments rather than calls them out.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7660578].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author miroskala
      h
      Originally Posted by Joey Starkey View Post

      Honestly I know very little about this niche except the following.

      My day job (hopefully for not much longer) is selling cars. I am very good at it and have sold 1,000's.

      It has been my experience in most cases that gays will have good credit and more disposable income.
      They are also generally also very easy to deal with. I have also never has one look me in the eye and tell me they didn't care if I made a dime. Just sayin.

      This post was not made to offend anyone just to share my experience.

      Thanks for your reply man

      Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

      My sister-in-law is gay, My wife and I spend alot of time with her and her partner. They buy the same things we do, eat the same places we eat. There house is not full of "Gay" Stuff, so I do not know what you are looking to market that is exclusively "Gay".

      I am not saying that gays need something special... I am saying that people of this orientation usually need something other people don't need...

      al
      That's right

      Originally Posted by kindsvater View Post

      Unless you are focused on a dating or relationship issue, or some narrowly focused issue arising out of relationships and what is legally recognized (such as adoption or inheritance) I don't think it's a niche.

      I don't have different website terms I sell to webmasters and then to webmasters who are gay.

      Just trying to identify what someone's private sexual practice are to market to them "differently" could cause legal problems due to privacy and discrimination issues.

      .
      Maybe just try to get it to your mind... lesbian... gipsy... black...hmmm?:?

      Originally Posted by salegurus View Post

      Seems more like you are asking for help than contributing
      I am unaware of "Gay" market, i mean don't they eat the same foods, wear the same clothes, buy the same consumer electronics etc.etc.
      Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

      I'll confess that I stumbled over this by accident. One of the markets I serve is "adults with money and no kids". Turns out there is an overlap with a fair part of the gay community.

      Yes, gays do wear the same clothes, eat the same foods, etc. But they share the same challenge my main market does - finding certain things that are not focused on families with kids.

      Look at travel, for example. It can seem like every special offer and discount is aimed at families with kids.

      Or within the workplace. Guess who gets the short end of the stick when it comes to time off, convenient hours, etc. because "it's not like they have kids to worry about."

      Look beyond their sexual preference for other characteristics that differ from the mainstream majority, and you'll find opportunity. The GLTB market goes far beyond same-sex dating sites, rainbow tee shirts and assless chaps...
      Originally Posted by scrunchie View Post

      I can see a market for gay/lesbian literature, tourism (gay friendly resorts etc) and club-scene fashion.

      I've no idea how profitable it would be though.
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      I applaud you trying to ask a serious question that could be tricky:p

      For you personally, I don't think it would be a good market for one simple reason.....you felt the need to point out you are heterosexual.
      That tells me you aren't comfortable with being considered part of that particular group - and it's a normal reaction for many people.

      I looked at that niche several years ago. I had reached the same conclusion as you that there are products that appeal to that demographic and it's a specific audience.

      At the time I was thinking about "books" as a lesbian friend had told me she had to drive many miles to get books from a specific bookstore. I'd never thought of that. Even the books I read (mysteries, serial killer stuff, complex plots), though not "romantic", have a man/women focus that had never occurred to me.

      After looking into it, I realized the market is one I could not effectively work in. There are some markets that require authenticity and I think the gay/lesbian niche is one of them. I could be wrong but that was what I decided after looking into it.

      Lifestyles are like cultures - people are just like me, but there are nuanced differences I accept but don't fully understand because I haven't lived the life they have.

      I disagree with some posters - there is a market there that is quite specific when it comes to products such as books and movies, etc. But that's a small area of preference in a demographic that is otherwise just like everyone else.
      Originally Posted by helisell View Post

      I'm not gay either but I don't reckon 'gay' is a niche at all.

      That would be a bit like saying 'teenager' is a niche.

      Within the gay community there will be just as many niches as any other so I think this would demand a little more thought first.

      .
      Originally Posted by Rbtmarshall View Post

      No idea. but it's definitely a niche that limits itself to sexual preference.

      Some niche boundaries can be cross and entered by someone out of the niche. But this type of niche has a fortified wall rather than drawn in the sand boundaries.
      Originally Posted by Morgan Westerman View Post

      Well, I am gay... and an online marketer... and yes I have tested offers to this niche. And yes, there is a market. In fact, you probably wouldn't be aware unless you're in this demographic and see the marketing of major brands, but many, many large corporations spend large amounts of marketing dollars targeting this market sector. Why? Because as has been suggested, they have more discretionary cash (statistically speaking) and they are proven market leaders and early adopters.

      From an article this month on www.business.com:
      "Gays and lesbians spend more than $600 billion every year; they’re a business owner’s dream customers because they are:

      Affluent: The average annual income for a gay household is $61,000, 20.4 percent higher than in a heterosexual household.
      Educated: Some 83 percent of gays and lesbians have either attended or graduated from college.
      Loyal: Approximately 89 percent of gays and lesbians are brand-affiliated and are highly likely to seek out brands that advertise to them.

      ... Gays and lesbians are early adopters of new technology. Smart marketers will recognize their fondness for high-tech toys and reach out to them via new media, including cell phones, email and instant messages."

      Also see some other interesting statistics on gayadnetwork.com ...
      The Gay Audience - Affluence & Influence | Gay Ad Network | Gay Audience Reach | Digital Advertising

      Possible niches to focus on within the LGBT community:
      Gay Travel
      Gay Dating
      Financial Services
      Entertainment
      Fashion
      Luxury Goods
      Fitness

      Of course the LGBT market is part of the mainstream market-place, but focusing on a specific demographic of any kind can be hugely profitable.

      Companies like Levi's, American Airlines, Orbitz, Subaru, Dell, Coca Cola and Starbucks are well known for their LGBT targeted promotions and their gay-friendly work environments. Why is this noteworthy? Because 78% of gay online users prefer to buy from companies that target market to the LGBT community. Putting a pro-gay spin on your mainstream marketing can have significant positive results. And, narrowly targeting a specific sector can always mean more profits... but with the gay community, remember they are fiercely loyal, and incredible brand evangelists. Ask yourself what can you bring to market in a new way that can attract the gay crowd to be your early adopters and raving fans.
      Originally Posted by shabit87 View Post

      Like someone else has already mentioned, the gay and lesbian community are quite...uh...let's see "well off." Niches to focus on within the niche again as someone already suggested would be Fitness, Travel, and Dating.

      The gay and lesbian thing itself is not a niche I would say, but it makes a great sub niche into the already proven popular niches. The community itself is often times similar to any other community. Nothing is different except for their preference. The only extremeness you'll often see is in the younger gay communities and often times they're still establishing themselves, their careers, etc. so they are not who you'd want to market to anyhow.

      I have friends who are gay and unless you asked MOST times you wouldn't know their sexual preference and care. But going to certain sites that specifically target the gay community like dating sites and communities can be a great place to help users find ideal product specifically for them (gay cruises for example). But be careful, because a lot of times you don't want to single yourself out in such a way. Creating a cooking sites for the gay community would be a bad idea...it's food, it doesn't become better because someone who is gay prepared it. However a gay cruise for a single man could be beneficial because he doesn't have to worry about hitting on someone who is straight and offending him.

      Just be certain you're marketing to the gay community in a way that benefits them and their preference and doesn't simply single them out. Compliments rather than calls them out.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7660689].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author miroskala
        thanks for opinions to everybody let's make the discussion grow
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7660720].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Kay King
          Why would you copy all of the responses?
          Signature
          Saving one dog will not change the world -
          but the world will be forever changed for that one dog.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7660739].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author miroskala
            Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

            Why would you copy all of the responses?
            Sorry, my fault, I haven't written anything here for a long time, so I am just learning how to use the features of the forum...

            Seems more like you are asking for help than contributing
            I am unaware of "Gay" market, i mean don't they eat the same foods, wear the same clothes, buy the same consumer electronics etc.etc.
            Yes, I am asking for help, as many of you guys... So well I want to share this help to others... Otherwise I would be PMing to people not posting it here...

            My sister-in-law is gay, My wife and I spend alot of time with her and her partner. They buy the same things we do, eat the same places we eat. There house is not full of "Gay" Stuff, so I do not know what you are looking to market that is exclusively "Gay".
            That's what I said in OP, I think that the feelings and needs of gays are slightly different, I am not talking about what they eat, drink etc... That's what I want to discuss here... Experience etc. - marketing experience of course, PM me for another if you like hehe
            Signature

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7661603].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nar0
    Originally Posted by miroskala View Post

    "disclaimer" for fellow Warriors (just to avoid possible PMs ): I am heterosexual :p

    and I want to finally contribute in this forum, since I have only been reading here for a long time

    Hi everyone,

    I want to start this thread because I've incidentally come across a website of a local gay bar/cafe which made my brain cells start working I haven't seen much people talking or asking about marketing strategies in this niche for some time.

    I have never even thought about trying to go into this niche, and now I am just wondering why... Just for you to understand - I used to reside with my female friends who (to my misfortune :confused were lesbians... During that time I got some "concepts" of their behaviour, feelings, thoughts etc... They are my good friends and I don't want to make any difference between them and hetero girls, but I think that marketing to this niche must be a bit different... (and from my experience it's not just 4% of people)

    My questions are:

    • If you have tried to market in this niche, can you share your experience/tips/tricks/suggestions/ideas/success stories?
    • If you haven't tried to market in this niche and are interested, can you post questions to be answered by fellow Warriors?
    • If you are not listed above, can you post something?

    I will appreciate everyone's post, every idea or opinion, just please do not be rude )

    Thanks to all

    Miro
    Just to inform you homosexuals are like anyone else.

    -same behavior
    -concepts
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7660939].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gas
      Originally Posted by Nar0 View Post

      Just to inform you homosexuals are like anyone else.

      -same behavior
      -concepts
      Who are you trying to not offend? We are all human beings but we don't all have the same behavior or interests. Homosexuals are just like heterosexual people, they eat, drink, sleep and breathe in oxygen. But all groups of people will have somethings in common. The key to marketing to a specific group of people is finding out what makes them different from all other groups.

      Just do a search for the word 'gay' on Amazon and you will see there is a market out there. Fashion is one of many areas to focus on within the LGBT community. Alot of people are rightly proud to be gay and will wear clothing to reflect that, and if it's your thing the gay adult market is massive.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7661297].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author miroskala
        Originally Posted by gas View Post

        Who are you trying to not offend? We are all human beings but we don't all have the same behavior or interests. Homosexuals are just like heterosexual people, they eat, drink, sleep and breathe in oxygen. But all groups of people will have somethings in common. The key to marketing to a specific group of people is finding out what makes them different from all other groups.

        Just do a search for the word 'gay' on Amazon and you will see there is a market out there. Fashion is one of many areas to focus on within the LGBT community. Alot of people are rightly proud to be gay and will wear clothing to reflect that, and if it's your thing the gay adult market is massive.
        My English is not so good, so thanks gas for saying exactly what I wanted to say
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7661622].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author miroskala
      Originally Posted by Nar0 View Post

      Just to inform you homosexuals are like anyone else.

      -same behavior
      -concepts
      Please read my original post... and don't catch every word I write, I am not English speaker or anything like that... I think everyone who is intelligent just in average can see what I mean...
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7661647].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thedanbrown
    Don't have any experience in the gay niche but like straight people they respond to proven marketing methods I would assume, so you don't need to cater a campaign differently just because people are gay. You should just test everything you do to see what's working.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7660979].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    The only gay market I've ever seen is Gay cruises/vacations and maybe gay sex toys and gay dating sites/online communities, entertainment.

    Other than that, gay people eat, sleep, work, play pretty much the same as anyone with the same needs as the general population.

    Originally Posted by Morgan Westerman View Post

    Of course the LGBT market is part of the mainstream market-place, but focusing on a specific demographic of any kind can be hugely profitable.

    Companies like Levi's, American Airlines, Orbitz, Subaru, Dell, Coca Cola and Starbucks are well known for their LGBT targeted promotions and their gay-friendly work environments. Why is this noteworthy? Because 78% of gay online users prefer to buy from companies that target market to the LGBT community. Putting a pro-gay spin on your mainstream marketing can have significant positive results. And, narrowly targeting a specific sector can always mean more profits... but with the gay community, remember they are fiercely loyal, and incredible brand evangelists. Ask yourself what can you bring to market in a new way that can attract the gay crowd to be your early adopters and raving fans.
    It sounds like the mainstream market to me. I mean, I wouldn't know how Coke or Levis, Dell or Subaru or Starbucks targets the gay customer other than not to blatantly offend them such as Chick-fil-A. I haven't noticed "gay coffee" or "gay clothing", etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7661395].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rbtmarshall
    Your question is too open ended. no pun intended.



    as if gays and lesbians were a niche themselves.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7661735].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author miroskala
      Originally Posted by Rbtmarshall View Post

      Your question is too open ended. no pun intended.



      as if gays and lesbians were a niche themselves.
      Quite not sure what you mean
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7661761].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rbtmarshall
    It's like asking: Male and Female Niche - Anyone Interested Or Experienced?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7661774].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author miroskala
      Originally Posted by Rbtmarshall View Post

      It's like asking: Male and Female Niche - Anyone Interested Or Experienced?
      haha I see ok let's talk about it as a Subniche
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7661789].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tomerep
    I think they can be good market. For example, same sex couple with no children are twice as likely as there heterosexual counterpart to have joint annual income for $250,000. But reaching these individuals takes effort and imagination, I think.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7661785].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author miroskala
      Originally Posted by tomerep View Post

      I think they can be good market. For example, same sex couple with no children are twice as likely as there heterosexual counterpart to have joint annual income for $250,000. But reaching these individuals takes effort and imagination, I think.
      Hey tomerep, thanks for your opinion, I haven't thought of this... Just a little thing, are you talking about male or female couple? I know that for someone it might be stupid question, let's just be realistic

      Thanks for your opinion
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7661810].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RachelLily
    Not really know about gay and lesbo's well, but I think they might be a good market. Maybe they really have lots of money since all they pay for are themselves. not sure though
    Signature

    I make $50 every 3 hours. Learn my methods here: eliteincomeprofits.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7661824].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author miroskala
      Originally Posted by RachelLily View Post

      Not really know about gay and lesbo's well, but I think they might be a good market. Maybe they really have lots of money since all they pay for are themselves. not sure though
      Hi RachelLily, that's an opinion I have to share to my lesbian friends you just made my day and they will have it as well I guess

      Sorry, I am in a bit ironic mood today
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7661849].message }}
    • Originally Posted by RachelLily View Post

      Not really know about gay and lesbo's well, but I think they might be a good market. Maybe they really have lots of money since all they pay for are themselves. not sure though
      Gay people actually don't just pay for themselves. They have parents, nieces, nephews, and some even have kids(believe it or not).
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7662650].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
        Banned
        Originally Posted by ChristianAlexander View Post

        Gay people actually don't just pay for themselves. They have parents, nieces, nephews, and some even have kids(believe it or not).
        ^^^^^^^
        This is the 20th Century ... gay people get married and adopt children and have pets. As for singles with no kids, that's always been a lucrative market, as they (whether gay or straight) have more disposable income (often).
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7663260].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Morgan Westerman
          Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

          ^^^^^^^
          This is the 20th Century ...
          umm... no it's not.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7667801].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
            Banned
            Originally Posted by Morgan Westerman View Post

            umm... no it's not.
            lol ... right. It's not. Even better. It's the 21st.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7667895].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author usmanuk
    You have a large target market, why not just initially test it without dedicating too much time?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7662980].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gail_Curran
      Of course gays and lesbians buy and consume the same products as everyone else, for the most part. That doesn't mean they aren't a niche unto themselves.

      If you're selling dishwashers, you can target young families (put mom, dad, and a few little kids in the ad), seniors (put a grey-haired couple in the ad), or gay men (put two good-looking men in the ad). See how easy that is?

      Companies that successfully market to the GLBT community will advertise in certain types of publications and websites (e.g. the Advocate). They use certain imagery (e.g. same-sex couples), messages, and content (in both gay and mainstream venues).

      The challenge is figuring out where to find gays and lesbians, and what messages will resonate with them. (Here's a hint - gay men and lesbians are very different. Don't try to market to both with the same ad.) Understand how to reach them, and you can sell just about anything.

      .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7663240].message }}

Trending Topics