What are IMers spending time on??

28 replies
Hi all,
Sorry for the vague question but its something that I question whilst reading through the forum.

I see people are spending 4/5+ hours on their their campaign everyday, I'm relatively new to the whole IM scene so not really too familiar with all the processes involved.

So far I have have outsourced the building of my first authority site and am now looking to find someone to help drive traffic, through seo and possibly ppc. Maybe I'm looking more in the lines of outsourcing and them waiting for results as opposed to people who build their own sites and drive traffic to them.

So back to the question... What do you do for so many hours a day to push your campaign.

Ps. I promise this is not my way of collecting info for an e book/ wso or anything along those lines. Any help and guidance will be appreciated.

Thank you for reading.
#imers #spending #time
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Blades
    I spend most of my day testing, testing, testing PPC, cpa offers, seo tactics, untapped niches. Once I am sure I can make money in a niche, I use my daughter as a guinea pig to test it out :p

    My 15 year old daughter turn 10$ into $1700, the bad part is, I couldn't get her lazy behind to build backlinks to the site



    The more time you spend researching, the better off your ventures will be. I bought a ps3 last year and haven't even touched it yet, I use it as decoration for the man cave. I spend hours just researching and testing, and that is where I spend the bulk of my day.
    Signature
    " I knew that if I failed, I wouldn't regret that.
    But I knew the one thing I might regret is not ever having tried. "

    ~ Jeff Bezos

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7696786].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author New beginnings
      Originally Posted by Alex Blades View Post

      I spend most of my day testing, testing, testing PPC, cpa offers, seo tactics, untapped niches. Once I am sure I can make money in a niche, I use my daughter as a guinea pig to test it out :p

      My 15 year old daughter turn 10$ into $1700, the bad part is, I couldn't get her lazy behind to build backlinks to the site



      The more time you spend researching, the better off your ventures will be. I bought a ps3 last year and haven't even touched it yet, I use it as decoration for the man cave. I spend hours just researching and testing, and that is where I spend the bulk of my day.
      I'm missing the trick here. What did your daughter do to turn 10$ into 1700? In my day job, I don't have a problem turning 10000 into 11000 but that's a different topic altogether.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7696853].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alex Blades
        Originally Posted by New beginnings View Post

        I'm missing the trick here. What did your daughter do to turn 10$ into 1700? In my day job, I don't have a problem turning 10000 into 11000 but that's a different topic altogether.
        No trick, I spend atleast 2 or 3 hours day researching and testing different methods, and when I am sure of one, I have my daughter test it out. If everybody would take time everyday to research and test, their internet marketing efforts will be alot better.

        half fail, i lose money on others, but when I do find something good, it pays off.
        Signature
        " I knew that if I failed, I wouldn't regret that.
        But I knew the one thing I might regret is not ever having tried. "

        ~ Jeff Bezos

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7696880].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jivens
    Banned
    Doing what works. Creating products in profitable niches and selling those products and building a list.

    Once you find something that works, you have no reason to leave it. Master it, try something else, but keep on doing what works.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7696800].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author New beginnings
      Thanks guys for the advice. It may be the case that I don't have much to work with yet, how long did you spend when you first started? Like I said I've spent most of my time looking for the right people to help... And then waiting for them to return work.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7696828].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alex Blades
        Originally Posted by New beginnings View Post

        how long did you spend when you first started?
        Dude, I spent years chasing the next big thing when I first started.
        Signature
        " I knew that if I failed, I wouldn't regret that.
        But I knew the one thing I might regret is not ever having tried. "

        ~ Jeff Bezos

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7696866].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author New beginnings
          Haha... Read a lot about people chasing the next big thing and flaking on the previous ventures. I'm keeping myself discuplined and taking it a step at a time. The guy who built my site recommended the the nieche and the the clickbank products to promote (for all I know they may be his own products... But that doesn't affect my learning). I want to push this site and get sales before I move on. My ultimate goal is to add IM into my day job, but want to gain good knowledge of IM before I can do that.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7696895].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Blades
    Haha... Read a lot about people chasing the next big thing and flaking on the previous ventures. I'm keeping myself discuplined and taking it a step at a time.
    Dude, I spent like 4 years chasing the next big thing. I wanted money fast till I realized it doesn't work that way
    Signature
    " I knew that if I failed, I wouldn't regret that.
    But I knew the one thing I might regret is not ever having tried. "

    ~ Jeff Bezos

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7696911].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author New beginnings
      So what was it that finally clicked for you? Did you try affiliate marketing?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7696921].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alex Blades
        Originally Posted by New beginnings View Post

        So what was it that finally clicked for you? Did you try affiliate marketing?
        I do affiliate marketing, but what clicked was all the phony b.s out there. I got an email one day from a "guru' telling me how the product he was promoting was dear to his heart, and I thought this guy is full of shit. I started laughing and figured that nobody was going to show me how to make money online, I had to get my hands dirty. I also stopped smoking pot which helped alot :p

        I started teaching myself seo and keyword research, after that things got easier for me. I learned alot more from normal everyday people that were on the same boat as I was, than any course I ever bought.
        Signature
        " I knew that if I failed, I wouldn't regret that.
        But I knew the one thing I might regret is not ever having tried. "

        ~ Jeff Bezos

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7696951].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author New beginnings
          Originally Posted by Alex Blades View Post

          I do affiliate marketing, but what clicked was all the phony b.s out there. I got an email one day from a "guru' telling me how the product he was promoting was dear to his heart, and I thought this guy is full of shit. I started laughing and figured that nobody was going to show me how to make money online, I had to get my hands dirty. I also stopped smoking pot which helped alot :p

          I started teaching myself seo and keyword research, after that things got easier for me. I learned alot more from normal everyday people that were on the same boat as I was, than any course I ever bought.


          I'm reluctant to buy a course as i feel there is a lot of free info on the net and speaking to people like yourself helps. Howevere there are a lot of people who speak in riddles and don't really offer much.

          I'd be interested in learning some seo techniques and keyword research tips, can you recommend any reading?

          Oh and time to lay off the pot if I'm going to make this work. Lol
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7696970].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Alex Blades
            Oh and time to lay off the pot if I'm going to make this work. Lol
            It was easier for me to quit that than cigarettes. I tell you one thing, if you can stop smoking pot, you will start to think straight and have more time to dedicate to IM.

            When I smoked before, I would be online for like 30 minutes, and already thinking I have to get some more pot before it gets late I never spent more than an hour online, which was another reason I always quit before I finished a project.

            If you can get rid of the distractions, you can get alot done. As far as seo, first learn how to pick keywords. I hate seo and had a VA build my links by the thousands, and Googles last update destroyed my rankings. I can't even go back and delete the links, because there are thousands of them. Now I target money keywords that take very few links to rank. It's less traffic and sales, but every sale adds up
            Signature
            " I knew that if I failed, I wouldn't regret that.
            But I knew the one thing I might regret is not ever having tried. "

            ~ Jeff Bezos

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7697001].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author New beginnings
              [QUOTE=

              I hate seo and had a VA build my links by the thousands, and Googles last update destroyed my rankings. I can't even go back and delete the links, because there are thousands of them. Now I target money keywords that take very few links to rank. It's less traffic and sales, but every sale adds up [/QUOTE]

              I've noticed there are several warriors here that get you several thousand links, are these worth using or will I be shot down by google? What's the best method you would recommend for building links?
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7697209].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Malcolm Thomas
              Originally Posted by Alex Blades View Post

              It was easier for me to quit that than cigarettes. I tell you one thing, if you can stop smoking pot, you will start to think straight and have more time to dedicate to IM.

              When I smoked before, I would be online for like 30 minutes, and already thinking I have to get some more pot before it gets late I never spent more than an hour online, which was another reason I always quit before I finished a project.

              If you can get rid of the distractions, you can get alot done. As far as seo, first learn how to pick keywords. I hate seo and had a VA build my links by the thousands, and Googles last update destroyed my rankings. I can't even go back and delete the links, because there are thousands of them. Now I target money keywords that take very few links to rank. It's less traffic and sales, but every sale adds up
              This is exactly what I have been doing for my new authority site. Targeting easy to rank keywords and steadily building up traffic the slow and natural way. It all ends up adding up.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7697260].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Blades
    I've noticed there are several warriors here that get you several thousand links, are these worth using or will I be shot down by google? What's the best method you would recommend for building links?
    I don't know what other warriors are offering, but it may be better to take control of your own backlinking. I and I imagine countless other marketers lost a ton of traffic due to panda/penguin.

    Now you have to diversify your backlinks, use different keywords, and also use keywords like click here, more info etc... I still make money with the sites, since they are still ranking high on bing/yahoo but not as much as before.

    Try and find easy keywords to rank for, and take your time building your own links. take an hour a day to do it, and you should be fine. Since the updates I have moved to PPC, but organic results is still great to have
    Signature
    " I knew that if I failed, I wouldn't regret that.
    But I knew the one thing I might regret is not ever having tried. "

    ~ Jeff Bezos

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7697534].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dean Henry
    I think you need to choose one business model first. if your authority site is a content site, then just concentrate on driving relevant traffic methods to the content site. Personally feel you should outsource the things that you already know and mastered, .....and then get your hands dirty to learn a new traffic method.
    Signature

    FREE Traffic?! No way...but maybe Yes way? Stop being curious and find out Here!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7700646].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author New beginnings
      Thank you all for the advise, more importantly you have assured me that all be it early days I am headed in the right direction.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7704455].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeff Schuman
    I guess the big shots are spending time on the beach working non-stop 1-2 hours a day managing their Internet empire. Wouldn't that be nice!
    Signature
    Jeff Schuman - SEO Blog Writer For Hire! Buy affordable, SEO, quality, MMO niche blog articles. Fast turnaround.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7704757].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author talfighel
      Originally Posted by Jeff Schuman View Post

      I guess the big shots are spending time on the beach working non-stop 1-2 hours a day managing their Internet empire. Wouldn't that be nice!
      Yeah, but most people don't realize that it took them years and a lot of failures along the way. Everyone started at $0.

      Anyone here can do well online.
      Signature
      Keep Pushing And Never Give Up
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7704786].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jeff Schuman
        Originally Posted by talfighel View Post

        Yeah, but most people don't realize that it took them years and a lot of failures along the way. Everyone started at $0.

        Anyone here can do well online.
        This is true. The Internet is the great equalizer. That is one thing I do like about Internet marketing. Everyone has the same chance no matter how much money or time they have, no matter their race, sex, or where they live etc.
        Signature
        Jeff Schuman - SEO Blog Writer For Hire! Buy affordable, SEO, quality, MMO niche blog articles. Fast turnaround.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7704829].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tonyb23
    I ruthlessly condense my daily tasks to things that are only going to move the needle and make a difference to my business. These are the following:

    1. List Building (JV Outreach emails, scheduling solo ads, media buys, etc.)
    2. Daily Email To My List (main focus is to deepen my relationship with my subscribers and pitch one of my products)
    3. Product Creation (creating my product, sales letter, etc.)

    If I do something in those 3 areas each day, I can sleep with a smile on my face.

    If too much time is being spent outside of those 3 areas, I know it's time to get back on track.
    Signature
    Get 19 Profitable, Untapped Niches in the Dating & Relationship Industry.
    Click Here To Get These Niches Before Your Competition Gets Them Before You.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7704854].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Coach Ke
    I spend 100% of my time prospecting to generate leads. I have my passive ways of generating leads like with FB ads, etc. So I spend my time finding people who have the desire to have what I have...A SOLUTION TO LEAD GENERATION PROBLEMS.

    I don't need to spend time doing too much behind the scenes bc all my lead capture pages are high converting and already made. I spend a few mins every day posting on my Fan Page that automatically posts to my twitter. Post a few pics on Instagram that automates to my tumblr. And boom that's my day.

    I find that I convert more leads to sales when I find the people who want what I have, but it's easier for me to do that because my system is already in place.
    Signature

    My success is guaranteed. My income is guaranteed. I'm Guaranteed at least $1K/mo. I earn 7 different ways. In 90 days I'll be making $10K/mo.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7721020].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bill Hugall
    My time is spent testing and building. I use to call it work... Now I call it playing around : )
    I didn't get into this because I wanted to work more. That said I take it all very seriously, but testing and creating is fun. I will say that when you start making a regular income it becomes fun. A wasted traffic campaign is a great way to learn and if you do it right you will still recoup your losses.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7721260].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author New beginnings
      Thanks you all for your great input, seems like the main emphasis is to build the funnels and then focus on driving traffic to get the leads.

      This may be a bit off topic but ive just been told by a person on fiverr that adwords is not available for any clickbank product.
      Is this true, does anyone know the reasoning behind this? :confused::confused:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7721887].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lady M
    Well, if you are doing freelance working, you will spend your time finding a client and researching materials to complete the job. But if you are in affiliate business and have a squeeze page, it will be a different story because you will busy building list by doing trial and error PPC campaign, back link building, and analyze what works and not works. You might also spend your time looking some assistant or hire someone from online desk and also manage their work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7721999].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vijai
    I spend most of my time on google and find some relevant pages to find how they bring traffic to their sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7722190].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fixie
    Mostly content writing and link building.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7722218].message }}

Trending Topics