If you had to make 30k by literally next week....

by David Rosa 87 replies
a buddy of mine is in a bit of a pickle....

so I want to know what some of you guys would do in order to make 30k by next wednesday?

There might be a couple hundred bucks for investment purposes like traffic of some sort...

any suggestions?

bank robbery strategies? become a hollywood celebrity??
#main internet marketing discussion forum #30k #literally #make #week
  • Profile picture of the author mike gregory
    Rob a bank
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7740651].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author theaccountant
    play the lottery .. you might get lucky or failing that marry a rich woman or you can gift it to him
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7740654].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author theory expert
      Banned
      Originally Posted by davidrosa9 View Post

      a buddy of mine is in a bit of a pickle....

      so I want to know what some of you guys would do in order to make 30k by next wednesday?

      There might be a couple hundred bucks for investment purposes like traffic of some sort...

      any suggestions?
      ...and you want a serious answer?

      Originally Posted by mike gregory View Post

      Rob a bank
      Originally Posted by theaccountant View Post

      play the lottery .. you might get lucky or failing that marry a rich woman or you can gift it to him
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7740681].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Robert Michael
      lulz... 30k by next week??

      I'd say your buddy is kinda f*cked.

      PS: auction, stop lying. ebay blows these days. It was awesome back in the day though.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7741279].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ymest
    Honestly! Not in IM, if you have no experience etc!! Got anything of value to sell? Ebay? Car to sell? Otherwise, I am afraid this is totally unrealistic!

    Good luck

    Yoan
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7740666].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author David Rosa
      nah, i'm definitely not looking for IM strategies..

      I'm naturally an offline guy who sells business strategy NOT seo or mobile jondar..

      I've actually got some decent experience in marketing and selling..

      just looking for some brainstorming options for the flow chart...

      haha make if I write a sales letter to the bank teller about me a stick up, it will work?... hrrmmmm
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7740689].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Young Financier
      Originally Posted by ymest View Post

      Honestly! Not in IM, if you have no experience etc!! Got anything of value to sell? Ebay? Car to sell? Otherwise, I am afraid this is totally unrealistic!

      Good luck

      Yoan
      Believe it or not, this is probably his best bet. You'd be surprised how much valuable, unused stuff you have laying around the house that could sell for a decent amount on eBay...or even on Craigslist. When I used to have money troubles, that's what I used to do. I'd search the house for any items I don't need and see how much I could get for them. The amounts I was able to get were shocking sometimes.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7742979].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author KevL
        Originally Posted by Sean T Alexandre View Post

        Believe it or not, this is probably his best bet. You'd be surprised how much valuable, unused stuff you have laying around the house that could sell for a decent amount on eBay...or even on Craigslist. When I used to have money troubles, that's what I used to do. I'd search the house for any items I don't need and see how much I could get for them. The amounts I was able to get were shocking sometimes.
        I certainly think this is a great idea for getting together a starting figure to then re-invest to turn into a larger amount. I doubt the majority of people have $30k worth of stuff lying around that they can stick on eBay, but most people have a few hundred quids worth of stuff they don't use - and I agree with you that it can be surprising. I once did this and sold something on eBay i didn't think was worth much, I didn't realise how it kept it's value, and I got $650 for it, for something I'd paid about $800 for four years earlier!
        Signature
        SEO Kev
        Small business SEO / Web Marketing Tips.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7743069].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WarrenPeterson
    Yep, as others have stated, from zero that is a nearly impossible goal. Too big of a hole, in too short of a time, to dig out of that...
    Signature
    Do you really want to build a real business?
    Then you need this: 21 Days To Business Success
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7740676].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Put the house up for sale and live in an extended stay hotel... Intown Suites and Value Place are 2 good ones.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7740677].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David Rosa
    no, of course i'm not looking for a serious answer... duh....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7740706].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tim_Carter
    Take a 2nd mortgage on his house. 30K from IM is unrealistic in this circumstance unless he has major online assets to put to work.

    Maybe if you're Ewen Chia or Mike Filsaime you could do it.

    Not sure why people think this is a fast and easy way to make lots of money. It isn't.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7740707].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David Rosa
    okay, I've posted this in the wrong section... you guys sell like 4 dollar ebooks n stuff right? my apologies
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7740721].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicholasb
    I'm sure there is a magical unicorn for sale for $37 bucks somewhere.

    You want to build a business and work at it consistently for years so you don't end up in situations like this. Unfortunately you will not find the answer you are looking for here.

    Maybe a mobster can help you, but as far as building a legitimate business it is unlikley you will make 30k next week without a list and a bunch of contacts.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7740725].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author higherluv
      Well seriously now...

      I wouldn't do this, but technically this is how one would (at least in the IM/MMO niche)...

      Create a product - I mean the best product that you could possibly make. Maybe even a serviced -oriented thing.

      Sell it for a $1000 or more - and sell 30 of them.

      There's $30k.

      If you promote these on a webinar there's a good chance at least 1-3% of the people who are on your webinar will purchase it if you do it right (but maybe not the first time... )

      This means you need at least 100-300 people on the webinar.

      Normally about double the people will optin and register - for this example I'll just say 500 optins.

      So now all you have to do is figure out how to get them.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7740787].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Brandon Tanner
        Originally Posted by higherluv View Post

        Well seriously now...

        I wouldn't do this, but technically this is how one would (at least in the IM/MMO niche)...

        Create a product - I mean the best product that you could possibly make. Maybe even a serviced -oriented thing.

        Sell it for a $1000 or more - and sell 30 of them.

        There's $30k.

        If you promote these on a webinar there's a good chance at least 1-3% of the people who are on your webinar will purchase it if you do it right (but maybe not the first time... )

        This means you need at least 100-300 people on the webinar.

        Normally about double the people will optin and register - for this example I'll just say 500 optins.

        So now all you have to do is figure out how to get them.
        Even if you could pull that off within 1 week (without significant existing assets / leverage already in place you probably have about a .000000000001% chance of that happening, lol)... there's not a payment processor on the planet that would let a brand new merchant (or any merchant without a consistent high-volume history) withdraw that much $ into their bank account that fast. You'd be lucky to get access to it in 30 days.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7740872].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author higherluv
          Originally Posted by Brandon Tanner View Post

          Even if you could pull that off within 1 week (without significant existing assets / leverage already in place you probably have about a .000000000001% chance of that happening, lol)... there's not a payment processor on the planet that would let a brand new merchant (or any merchant without a consistent high-volume history) withdraw that much $ into their bank account that fast.
          Well yeah, you do need a whole lotta leverage to make that much money in that short of time. But it still remains a real possibilty… at least for some. And not by luck.

          Originally Posted by Brandon Tanner View Post

          You'd be lucky to get access to it in 30 days.
          Hey that ain’t bad… :p
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7741814].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author research
        Originally Posted by higherluv View Post

        Well seriously now...

        I wouldn't do this, but technically this is how one would (at least in the IM/MMO niche)...

        Create a product - I mean the best product that you could possibly make. Maybe even a serviced -oriented thing.

        Sell it for a $1000 or more - and sell 30 of them.

        There's $30k.

        If you promote these on a webinar there's a good chance at least 1-3% of the people who are on your webinar will purchase it if you do it right (but maybe not the first time... )

        This means you need at least 100-300 people on the webinar.

        Normally about double the people will optin and register - for this example I'll just say 500 optins.

        So now all you have to do is figure out how to get them.
        There You go . . .

        That's the way to do it.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7742338].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author theory expert
    Banned
    if I could make $30000 with a few hundred bucks by next week from scratch i'd be the richest man on earth. Take my business plan to the richest men in the world and they would be thrilled with ROI. I'd be a hero and womens would flock.

    "you tell them Gordon Gekko is back"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7740731].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author J50
    Why would someone need "30K by next week" paying off the sharks or something?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7740744].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Thomas Michal
    What does this friend need it for, how long does your friend need it for how quick can they pay it back?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7740822].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeTucker
    HOW do these threads keep getting so long?? :confused:


    THIS is the only answer that should be given in these threads:

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post1365663
    Signature

    The bartender says: "We don't serve faster-than-light particles here."

    ...A tachyon enters a bar.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7740838].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author theaccountant
      Originally Posted by MikeTucker View Post

      HOW do these threads keep getting so long?? :confused:


      THIS is the only answer that should be given in these threads:

      http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post1365663
      lollololololo .. can't stop laughing

      you have the dryest wit or the most sacarstic way i have ever come across
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7740844].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jensha
      Originally Posted by MikeTucker View Post

      HOW do these threads keep getting so long?? :confused:


      THIS is the only answer that should be given in these threads:

      http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post1365663
      Now that you've mentioned it, you're right ha ha! It's like the same thread with a different title. =)) And yeah we could have just directed him to that link and answer him there. Anyways, just to share one, sell some stuffs on ebay or do some black hat methods or flip some domains and websites. You can buy a good domain name for 10 I guess? Have someone make you a website for $30, put massive traffic for I don't know, $5 from Fiverr? Then sell the website for 30k in flippa or digital point or other quick markets where you can have a transaction in a week. Just a thought.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7741708].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MP80
    Originally Posted by davidrosa9 View Post

    a buddy of mine is in a bit of a pickle....

    so I want to know what some of you guys would do in order to make 30k by next wednesday???
    Great question.. I actually think we should have more of these kinds of threads, to challenge our perceptions of what's possible.

    While I often agree with a lot of what Mike says here, I don't agree that the http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...desperate.html thread will help in this situation. (Plus, it will take till next Wednesday just to read it! :p)

    Also, don't know if the OP is serious but, anyway, here are my best ideas atm:

    1) Don't know his skills/products, but perhaps he could hold a huge sale of some kind.

    2) Crowdfunding - check out some of the crowd funding sites. I think you would need (at the very least) a compelling story/product idea, combined with some effective press-releases, and may or may not (depending on your skills) pull it off in that timeframe.

    3) Check out this article to get the ideas flowing: How to Create a Million-Dollar Business This Weekend (Examples: AppSumo, Mint, Chihuahuas)

    4) Get a loan, or redraw from the mortgage. Depending on how desperate he is, the situation, and his credit history, he could do a cash-advance from credit card/s (definitely not the best option though; watch out for high fees + high interest on that one!)

    5) ...no doubt there are many more ways, but that's all I got atm...

    Signature
    Before you do ANYTHING else in your day - do at least ONE thing that brings money into your business.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7740887].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author theory expert
      Banned
      Originally Posted by MP80 View Post

      Great question.. I actually think we should have more of these kinds of threads, to challenge our perceptions.
      Sir you been on this forum for 3 years. YOU know got darn well we have had a tsunami of these type threads. Are you joking? Is this some new kind of valentine april fools type thing going on here? :confused::confused::confused:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7740902].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MP80
        Originally Posted by theory expert View Post

        Sir you been on this forum for 3 years. YOU know got darn well we have had a tsunami of these type threads. Are you joking? Is this some new kind of valentine april fools type thing going on here? :confused::confused::confused:
        How many of them lasted, without being deleted?

        AND... did anybody actually answer them, properly?
        Signature
        Before you do ANYTHING else in your day - do at least ONE thing that brings money into your business.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7740909].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author theory expert
          Banned
          Originally Posted by MP80 View Post

          And how many of them last, without being deleted?
          Many of them....maybe someone will post them on display for ya. Where is Alexa Smith when you need her.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7740918].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author MP80
            Originally Posted by theory expert View Post

            Many of them....maybe someone will post them on display for ya. Where is Alexa Smith when you need her.
            Haha, yeah, maybe don't call her, lol, don't want to get on her wrong side... :p

            In my defence, I don't usually spend a lot of time here, but I will have a quick look now with a search.


            PS - Since there are so many that you are already aware of, perhaps you could point a few out?
            Signature
            Before you do ANYTHING else in your day - do at least ONE thing that brings money into your business.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7740928].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Blades
    If you had to make 30k by literally next week....
    Open up one of those emails and claim my $50,000,000 my distance cousin left me in a bank in Nigeria.
    Signature
    I live for myself and answer to nobody!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7740970].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rmolina88
    Start thinking of that push button money making software now and push the button!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7741026].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author theory expert
    Banned
    You know thinking big and "doing big" are two different things. The guy wants to make 30k with a $200 in 6 days. You talking about thinking big which is great but where is the plan? Show me a 6 day plan with 2oo bucks. None of your ideas will fetch profit. Getting a loan means you have to pay it back.

    Now lets talk about you specifically. What kind of challenge are you looking for. $1,000,000 in 4 weeks? An idea is nothing without execution. Are you looking for a challenge or ideas.? The thread was one of desperation. Here are ideas for those http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...desperate.html

    You seem to be looking for something specific and I am not sure what that is, maybe you might want go here and start a thread? http://www.warriorforum.com/mind-war...f-improvement/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7741101].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MP80
      Not sure if it's me you are still talking to but, just in case:

      Originally Posted by theory expert View Post

      You know thinking big and "doing big" are two different things. The guy wants to make 30k with a $200 in 6 days. You talking about thinking big which is great but where is the plan? Show me a 6 day plan with 2oo bucks. None of your ideas will fetch profit. Getting a loan means you have to pay it back.
      Here.. this guy made $580,905 in 30 days, with crowdfunding:

      To Be Or Not To Be: That Is The Adventure by Ryan North; Kickstarter

      (Doesn't fit your criteria, exactly, but it's the first one I found, on short notice.)

      EDIT: Check out this one.. No product, just a good story, and Karen gets $703,168 for a HOLIDAY!

      Lets Give Karen -The bus monitor- H Klein A Vacation! | Indiegogo

      Can't recall the timeframe, but it was something like half a mill in the first week or two, and the rest within about a month.

      Originally Posted by theory expert View Post

      Now lets talk about you specifically. What kind of challenge are you looking for. $1,000,000 in 4 weeks? An idea is nothing without execution. Are you looking for a challenge or ideas.? The thread was one of desperation. Here are ideas for those http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...desperate.html

      You seem to be looking for something specific and I am not sure what that is, maybe you might want go here and start a thread? Mind Warriors - Success, Power, Self-Improvement
      I'm not looking for anything, other than an interesting conversation.

      (I don't get out much. )
      Signature
      Before you do ANYTHING else in your day - do at least ONE thing that brings money into your business.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7741169].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author theory expert
        Banned
        Originally Posted by MP80 View Post

        Not sure if it's me you are still talking to but, just in case:



        Here.. this guy made $580,905 in 30 days, with crowdfunding:

        To Be Or Not To Be: That Is The Adventure by Ryan North; Kickstarter

        (Doesn't fit your criteria, exactly, but it's the first one I found, on short notice.)

        EDIT: Check out this one.. No product, just a good story, and Karen gets $703,168 for a HOLIDAY!

        Lets Give Karen -The bus monitor- H Klein A Vacation! | Indiegogo

        Can't recall the timeframe, but it was something like half a mill in the first week or two, and the rest within about a month.



        I'm not looking for anything, other than an interesting conversation.

        (I don't get out much. )
        exceptions, not the rule. Most of those were planned. Keyword PLAN.
        Law of averages.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7741252].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author MP80
          Originally Posted by theory expert View Post

          exceptions, not the rule. Most of those were planned. Keyword PLAN.
          Law of averages.
          Wow.. I am amazed that you cannot see what is right in front of you. But, that's ok, and it's human-nature, I guess.

          FYI, maybe you're right, and the 'rule' is more like $30,000, which just happens to be the amount mentioned in this thread. :p

          Also, the bus-monitor story was completely amateur. It was placed on youtube and just happened to be picked up by the mainstream and social media (hint.)

          So, for arguments sake, let's just say you wanted to duplicate it:

          - get your grandma
          - put her on your kid's schoolbus
          - get them to tease her, and make her cry, while you video it
          - put it on youtube
          - share it on social media
          - write a compelling story about it
          - set up a 1 page campaign,with a crowdfunding site
          - publish a press release
          - and, Voilà!

          Ok, I'm being ridiculous, but do you see my point?

          For all we know, this story may not have even been real.. What it amounts to is a simple few steps, a single page campaign, and a huge return.

          Yes, you may aim for the stars and end up hitting the moon, but so what?
          Signature
          Before you do ANYTHING else in your day - do at least ONE thing that brings money into your business.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7741308].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author theory expert
            Banned
            :rolleyes:
            Originally Posted by MP80 View Post

            Wow.. I am amazed that you cannot see what is right in front of you. But, that's ok, and it's human-nature, I guess.

            FYI, maybe you're right, and the 'rule' is more like $30,000, which just happens to be the amount mentioned in this thread. :p

            Also, the bus-monitor story was completely amateur. It was placed on youtube and just happened to be picked up by the mainstream and social media (hint.)

            So, for arguments sake, let's just say you wanted to duplicate it:

            - get your grandma
            - put her on your kid's schoolbus
            - get them to tease her, and make her cry, while you video it
            - put it on youtube
            - share it on social media
            - write a compelling story about it
            - set up a 1 page campaign,with a crowdfunding site
            - publish a press release
            - and, Voilà!

            Ok, I'm being ridiculous, but do you see my point?

            For all we know, this story may not have even been real.. What it amounts to is a simple few steps, a single page campaign, and a huge return.

            Yes, you may aim for the stars and end up hitting the moon, but so what?
            Even if it is a hoax it isn't repeatable. Viral videos got to be unique, you cant pull the same trick once it is exposed online. If there is a way to make a ton of money in a short time i haven't come up with one. In the fake scenario the guy could offer offer marketing services showing an elaborate business marketing plans to small businesses in his vicinity. $5000 x 6.

            Of course persuasion skills is needed.

            One needs creativity or a team of pooled resources. Noone here is talking
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7741356].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author salegurus
              Originally Posted by davidrosa9 View Post

              okay, I've posted this in the wrong section... you guys sell like 4 dollar ebooks n stuff right? my apologies
              Even the $4 guys have more sense than to post ridiculous questions.


              Originally Posted by MP80 View Post

              Great question.. I actually think we should have more of these kinds of threads, to challenge our perceptions of what's possible.
              More of these, seriously...
              $30K in 7 days , come on man. Even for the delusional among us that's a bridge too far...
              Signature
              Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

              ― George Carlin
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7741676].message }}
  • EBAY all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Signature
    Famous for my '$1000 dollar challenge,' I've been teaching people how to DOMINATE on eBay for YEARS. Sell 100% of your items FOR A PROFIT. Rank higher, sell faster, sell more, and DESTROY your competition with a data-based approach. Quit listening to Guru's-in-training! Click now below!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7741116].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bumgardner1
    Wow leave it to someone on every thread in this forum to go negative and just want to argue. He has already said he wasn't serious about the question. There are obviously several threads out there that are similar to this one, but it's like anything else. If you don't like it, don't look at it. If you don't want to watch that show, change the channel. Jeez.
    Signature

    Do you Promote Local Businesses? or Affiliate Websites? Do you need Traffic & Leads?
    We GUARANTEE you results... Want Proof? Click the link below.

    We Will Get You Ranked For 100's & 1000's of Targeted Keywords For Your Business or Offer.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7741189].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author theory expert
      Banned
      Originally Posted by bumgardner1 View Post

      Wow leave it to someone on every thread in this forum to go negative and just want to argue. He has already said he wasn't serious about the question. There are obviously several threads out there that are similar to this one, but it's like anything else. If you don't like it, don't look at it. If you don't want to watch that show, change the channel. Jeez.
      there is a place for jokes The Off Topic Forum
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7741264].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Craig B
    Play online poker tournaments nonstop and hope you get really lucky
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7741201].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnV88
    What about selling your body part to an rich dying person ?
    You can sell one of your kidney !
    Signature
    For Only Real Facebook Likes, Youtube Views & Twitter Followers
    www.SocialKings.info
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7741285].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author azTechnique
      Originally Posted by JohnV88 View Post

      What about selling your body part to an rich dying person ?
      You can sell one of your kidney !
      This is the only thing that would work in such little time. Anything online would not work because you would not be able to cash out in time. There is always days before it hits the bank then clear for withdrawal.

      If he teamed up with another person to sell a body part it would also be easier. If you don't have the stomach to sell your own body parts or do anything illegal, convince a woman to sell some of her eggs for your friend and you'd make the money real quick.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7741456].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MikeTucker
        Originally Posted by azTechnique View Post

        This is the only thing that would work in such little time. Anything online would not work because you would not be able to cash out in time. There is always days before it hits the bank then clear for withdrawal.

        If he teamed up with another person to sell a body part it would also be easier. If you don't have the stomach to sell your own body parts or do anything illegal, convince a woman to sell some of her eggs for your friend and you'd make the money real quick.
        My first thought was that was why he
        needed the $30K in one week to begin with...
        Signature

        The bartender says: "We don't serve faster-than-light particles here."

        ...A tachyon enters a bar.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7741472].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Slin
    Sell any good websites that you own, you can make a pretty dang good profit selling them on Fiverr.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7741298].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alex Blades
      Originally Posted by Slin View Post

      Sell any good websites that you own, you can make a pretty dang good profit selling them on Fiverr.

      Lol, I don't think he will be making 30k in 7 days, selling his websites on Fiverr
      Signature
      I live for myself and answer to nobody!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7741300].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Slin
        Originally Posted by Alex Blades View Post

        Lol, I don't think he will be making 30k in 7 days, selling his websites on Fiverr
        My bad...I meant flippa, ugh, all these valentines day adventures are going to my head!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7742058].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mikelmraz
      Originally Posted by Slin View Post

      Sell any good websites that you own, you can make a pretty dang good profit selling them on Fiverr.
      I hope you are talking about Flippa.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7742173].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author KevL
        Originally Posted by mikelmraz View Post

        I hope you are talking about Flippa.
        Haha!! Yeah I think he meant flippa unless he was expecting that someone might have 6000 websites they can sell for a fiver ;-)
        Signature
        SEO Kev
        Small business SEO / Web Marketing Tips.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7742964].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RachelLily
    try opening the garage and sell EVERYTHING there. i sure think it will reach 30k. since you only got a week, maybe try to invest in casinos, get lucky and win!lol
    Signature

    I make $50 every 3 hours. Learn my methods here: eliteincomeprofits.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7741305].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fraggler
    Originally Posted by davidrosa9 View Post

    so I want to know what some of you guys would do in order to make 30k by next wednesday?
    I'd buy a car worth $50k and sell it for $30k.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7741315].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rbtmarshall
    Selling illegal drugs is going to be the least risky and your safest route


    Unless you have about 600k+ to invest, then making that 30k may be feasible
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7741503].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeTucker
      Originally Posted by Rbtmarshall View Post

      Selling illegal drugs is going to be the least risky and your safest route

      feasible
      LOL!!!
      ...This poor guy, posts on the WF with what he probably
      thinks of as a very serious problem, and we are all
      cracking jokes...
      Signature

      The bartender says: "We don't serve faster-than-light particles here."

      ...A tachyon enters a bar.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7741513].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Evocess
    Whoa 30k without any resources for next is unrealistic!
    Maybe if you do some illegal I think 30k is something to be doable.
    But for starter in internet maketing HECK no!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7741791].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tpw
    Every time I see a thread like this, my first thought is, "how did someone get into that kind of mess in the first place?"

    Let's face it... We all know people who lock themselves in their bedrooms and play video games for months on end, then when it comes time to pay that bill they knew was coming, they beg and borrow from friends and family.

    I just don't have sympathy for people like that.

    Sometimes our friends and family need "tough love", and if your friend were my friend, I'd focus on showing him the error of his ways and tell him to sell everything fast.

    I would not even tease him with the possibility of how to make the money fast, because he wasn't even willing to do what was necessary when he had the option to make the money slowly.
    Signature
    Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
    Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7741841].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Daniel Evans
      Originally Posted by tpw View Post

      Every time I see a thread like this, my first thought is, "how did someone get into that kind of mess in the first place?"

      Let's face it... We all know people who lock themselves in their bedrooms and play video games for months on end, then when it comes time to pay that bill they knew was coming, they beg and borrow from friends and family.
      That's not what I assumed to be so in this case.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7741883].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author evilsaigon
    There are immoral, and somewhat illegal ways, to pull a fast one online for that amount, like er-hem those "HYIP scammers"! Do it once, and your reputation gets condemned for good.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7742007].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author agmccall
    I Would sell $30,000.00 worth of stuff

    al
    Signature

    Making money is art and working is art and good business is the best art. ~Andy Warhol~

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7742014].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author khooster1
    Obviously, you're stating a hypothetical situation. I am puzzled that every then there will be some weird Guys popping such threads. Totally not constructive for WF.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7742215].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisAlta
    I haven't done this personally..but I truly believe that making $300 vs $30,000 could virtually be the same thing. It really just comes down to finding the right marketing.

    For Example:

    - find 3 products to sell at $10,000 a piece
    - find 5 products to sell at $6,000 a piece
    - find 10 products to sell at $3,000 a piece
    etc...

    I would go to clickbank and target a market based on current trends. Right now Valentines day would be hot..so I'm sure there's a lot of lonely guys out there who want to get there ex girlfriend back.

    Based on the current marketing conditions I would then create a facebook page around something that interests young men, like some type of sports or something. From there I would create a static page with the static HTML App.

    Then I'd go to Clickbank and find a product that involves getting an ex girlfriend back. Take a look at the sales page, take some screen shots of some important parts of the sales page or video and then create an 800x1000 png image in photoshop to upload to wordpress.

    Take that wordpress image (because it's hosted) and then create a new post on your wordpress blog..grab your clickbank affiliate link, mask it with a bit.ly or a tiny.url link and then switch to the html version..copy that html code and then paste it into your Facebook static html page editor.

    You'll get a nice crispy looking landing page within facebook that leads to an affiliate offer.

    Since you're still on Facebook you can drive traffic to a facebook landing page with the provided link from the Static HTML app on Facebook. Plus your clicks will be a lot cheaper since you're keeping the traffic on Facebook.

    Just spend money, drive traffic, and let the numbers game take over. If you feel that you aren't getting the best ROI..target a new audience or create a new offer with photoshop based on the clickbank product you've selected (choose the one with the highest gravity).

    Of course..that's what I would do had I had the money to spend on advertising.

    Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7742260].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PerformanceMan
    If I teach you how to earn $30,000 in six days - what's to prevent you from doing it every week?

    When you make $1.5 million using my simple trick - what do I get out of it?

    Seems like an unreasonably high expectation from a 'free forum.'
    Signature
    Free Special Report on Mindset - Level Up with Positive Thinking
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7742308].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Daniel Evans
      Originally Posted by PerformanceMan View Post

      If I teach you how to earn $30,000 in six days - what's to prevent you from doing it every week?

      When you make $1.5 million using my simple trick - what do I get out of it?

      Seems like an unreasonably high expectation from a 'free forum.'

      Some technqiues only work when one is desperate.

      ...or when a friend is.

      For those who aren't desperate, they just plod along with the slower, less effective methods.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7742339].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thedark
    I have a product where I earn 25$ for every sale I make. The conversion rate is about 0,75%, but since the traffic costs about 7-8 cents, I spend only about 10$ for every sale.

    Figure out a way to send traffic to my site, and I will give you 17$ for every sale I make from your traffic. Use your 500$ to make me 50 sales and tommorow you will make 850$, in 2 days you will have 1500$, day 3 you will have 2500$, day 4 4200$, day 5 7000$, day 6 12000$, day 7 20000$, day 8 35000$
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7742348].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jachu2
    I would take out a loan for around $15,000. I would then go on betonmarkets, find a trending currency pair and choose a $30,000 payout!
    And then of course... hope for the best!

    Haha..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7742408].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author salegurus
      Originally Posted by ChrisAlta View Post

      I haven't done this personally..but I truly believe that making $300 vs $30,000 could virtually be the same thing. It really just comes down to finding the right marketing.

      For Example:

      - find 3 products to sell at $10,000 a piece
      - find 5 products to sell at $6,000 a piece
      - find 10 products to sell at $3,000 a piece
      etc...

      I would go to clickbank and target a market based on current trends. Right now Valentines day would be hot..so I'm sure there's a lot of lonely guys out there who want to get there ex girlfriend back.

      Based on the current marketing conditions I would then create a facebook page around something that interests young men, like some type of sports or something. From there I would create a static page with the static HTML App.

      Then I'd go to Clickbank and find a product that involves getting an ex girlfriend back. Take a look at the sales page, take some screen shots of some important parts of the sales page or video and then create an 800x1000 png image in photoshop to upload to wordpress.

      Take that wordpress image (because it's hosted) and then create a new post on your wordpress blog..grab your clickbank affiliate link, mask it with a bit.ly or a tiny.url link and then switch to the html version..copy that html code and then paste it into your Facebook static html page editor.

      You'll get a nice crispy looking landing page within facebook that leads to an affiliate offer.

      Since you're still on Facebook you can drive traffic to a facebook landing page with the provided link from the Static HTML app on Facebook. Plus your clicks will be a lot cheaper since you're keeping the traffic on Facebook.

      Just spend money, drive traffic, and let the numbers game take over. If you feel that you aren't getting the best ROI..target a new audience or create a new offer with photoshop based on the clickbank product you've selected (choose the one with the highest gravity).

      Of course..that's what I would do had I had the money to spend on advertising.

      Good luck!
      And you truly believe that ^^^ will work to make $30K in seven days :confused: If it was only as easy as some people think....
      Signature
      Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

      ― George Carlin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7742929].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KevL
    Originally Posted by davidrosa9 View Post

    a buddy of mine is in a bit of a pickle....

    so I want to know what some of you guys would do in order to make 30k by next wednesday?

    There might be a couple hundred bucks for investment purposes like traffic of some sort...

    any suggestions?

    bank robbery strategies? become a hollywood celebrity??
    I would sell my body, thirty thousand times ;-)
    Signature
    SEO Kev
    Small business SEO / Web Marketing Tips.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7742947].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David Rosa
    lmao, you guys are absolutely hilarious... and yes my buddy is probably going to get owned unfortunately..

    He may have to hang out on mars for awhile in order to make amends.

    but indeed you guys have some great mindsets, and strategies... lol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7742948].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AndrewCavanagh
    Whether you can realistically make $30,000 in two weeks or less is
    going to depend heavily on what assets you have.

    Examples of internet marketing assets might be:

    # An email list of loyal subscribers and buyers.

    # Substantial website traffic.

    # Deep relationships with other marketers who have
    substantial email lists.

    # Skills you can charge significant fees for.


    One of the problems with newbies to internet marketing is
    they're constantly looking for a quick buck instead of working
    on building the assets they have.

    If you have a huge email list and a large group of close friends
    who also have substantial lists you might be able to go to most
    of those lists and offer one of your high value skills to everyone
    requiring a substantial payment upfront.

    In other words hire yourself out for say 6 months in advance.

    Or you might sell a product to those lists.

    But the assets are really the key to being able to make a rapid
    income.

    If you work on building on those three things I listed at the start
    of this post over time you'll get to the point where you could make
    $30k in a week if you chose to.

    Kindest regards,
    Andrew Cavanagh
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7742972].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KevL
    This does remind me of something though. Anyone heard of the "doubling" strategy?
    Idea is you start off with a figure, and focus on doubling it over & over again. when you do the maths the idea on paper is VERY powerful, but obviously in reality it's not quite so simple. It's a similar thing to the trade up system, where the guy started off trading a paperclip for a pen or something, and carried on going until he ended up with a house.

    example - since you mentioned starting with a few hundred bucks - if you started with $300 - there are only 7 doubling steps to get to over 30k.

    I HAVE used this strategy, I tested it years ago starting with a tenner, bought something on eBay, sold it on eBay, carried on like that just as a bit of a hobby, and had grown that tenner to over a thousand within maybe 4-6 weeks if my memory serves me correctly. I had plans to continue from there, but I spent it & forgot about it, weird!!

    What makes this different I think, and powerful, is that it focuses you on one thing - increasing your capital. I look back at previous ventures that failed, and I can see why they did - because I didn't focus enough on growing capital, and I invested too much of the income on area's which didn't directly increase the bottom line. If I'd have been seeing it as a process of purely increasing the capital, I can see how many of my previous ventures would have done a lot better than they did!

    So using this strategy to focus on the singular goal of converting $300 - $30k, this is a way that someone with web marketing skill might be able to achieve this:

    Look on Flippa for a website they can buy for a few hundred dollars, which is showing that it can convert but it's obvious that it needs some TLC in terms of SEO, maybe a bit of re design etc., maybe do some keyword research and put the site on a keyword rich domain, I'm thinking aloud but basically improve the website, add some value. Sell it, and reinvest the sale amount on another website which they can get hold of for their new capital amount. Keep going, keep investing all of the capital back into sites which have potential, and as things increase they will start to be able to buy sites which are already making an income, and tweak things to increase the income and increase the value.

    The above would work as a strategy to get from a smaller capital amount to a much larger one, in fact I know that there are many people who make their living this way - I'd say 300 - 30k in 30 days would be a tall order though, but who knows. The important thing I think is to focus on re-investing the entire capital amount back in, many of us need to live of what we earn, so we make a few hundred bucks, use it, then make another few hundred bucks, then use it again - but using a strategy like this would require you to have another source of income to live off, to get the maximum benefit from of compounding.

    Cheers
    Signature
    SEO Kev
    Small business SEO / Web Marketing Tips.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7743034].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ceenote100
    You can sell me your soul. I'll even throw in a few extra thousand bucks.
    Signature
    ► ► ► FREE REPORT!!◄ ◄ ◄


    ★ ★ ★ Introducing THE BRUTAL TRUTH About Internet Marketing! ★ ★ ★
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7743128].message }}
  • This thread has nothing to do with Internet Marketing (realistically at least). Admins should either nuke it or move it to the Off-Topic section.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7743555].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bighostchennai
    There is one Mantra for immediate wealth, it has to be repeated by saintly guy, available at Himalaya.. this service costs $5
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7743692].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      move it to the Off-Topic section
      We don't want it down there - we do OT, not fiction
      Signature

      Saving one dog may not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7743702].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author theory expert
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

        We don't want it down there - we do OT, not fiction
        This is unprecedented. I don't think webster's have a definition for this. What do you call a thread with no home?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7743843].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Si Parker
    beg borrow and steal....

    but seriously if you need to raise 30k that can be done with credit cards but then you are left with another debt that will need to be paid back. if your less bothered about going bankrupt than you are about paying the current debt then get 5-6 new credit cards and borrow the limits as cash advances
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7743759].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RedShifted
    Just get a shovel, walk to California, and start digging. If you dig deep enough for a full week, eventually you'll strike oil.

    But seriously, a ridiculous question deserves a ridiculous answer.

    You're basically asking "how can my buddy make $120,000 in 30 days". And I get this weird feeling that your buddy didn't ask you to post this thread, but that you're asking for yourself. If I had friends like that, they would either:

    1) Be too embarassed to ask such a stupid f##kn question.
    2) Be afraid that I would smack them in the face for asking such a stupid question.

    Now let me take a deep breath and try to add some value.

    If it was $10,000 in 1 week, offline, and you were a great salesman, then thats a different story. But online is a different beast, and $30,000 is a lot of money. So the best answer for your imaginary friend would be "you're an idiot".
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7743889].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author art72
    You could...

    -Attempt to sell a vital organ (kidney/liver)
    -Do what Paul Newman did... hustle pool tables & handicap horses at the track
    -Get an iPod... trade up on Craigslist - like Barter Kings
    -Prostitute to high end clientele
    -Develop and Patent and idea....and sell it to investors
    -Sell a boatload of drugs
    -Sue somebody... be the victim (jack-up the brakes on an attorney /doctor) leaving work, back/neck injury
    -Blackmail a cheating spouse
    -Sell your first born or ransom someone else's
    -Buy a metal detector, comb the beaches for lost treasure
    -Rob a church
    -Find a meteor and retrieve it before the military
    -Find a piece of food resembling Christ/Mary sell it on eBay
    -Take a down payment on a neighbors house (while they're on vacation)
    -Channel the spirit return with a cure for cancer or aids
    -Fly-a-sign....ask 120,000 people for a dollar (conversion rate of 25%)
    -Get fat eating fast food... theaten a major lawsuit
    -Piss off a Disney worker in costume (like; Mickey) get beat up -have friend record

    OR

    Remove oneself from all monetary belonging, join monk-hood monastery, and pass out flowers at the airport.

    *Couldn't resist myself... all in good humor of course!
    Signature
    Coming Soon... *Laser Targeted Lead Generation Services
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7744220].message }}

Trending Topics