Could this be a PayPal Scam?

52 replies
Could this be a PayPal Scam?

Earlier today someone with a post count of 1 posted a new thread on the Warrior forum looking to partner up with someone who could accept paypal payments on his behalf.

He is from Guyana and can't receive payment via Paypal.

He has a website that helps people to unlock their mobile phones... says he will have his buyers of that service send me their payments as a "Gift" for work he already delivered to them and wants me to forward the money to him right away by Western Union.

I'm concerned for 3 reasons....

#1... A Paypal gift can still be disputed if it was funded with a Credit Card.

#2... After having a Sykpe chat with him and reaching an agreement I went back to his thread and posted a reply but that thread has now disappeared and his post count reset to zero.

#3... He is in to much of a rush to wait 3 - 5 business days for me to transfer the funds from paypal to my bank account and then me transferring the money to a Payoneer card to him. Why would he be willing to pay me a 25% commission to forward the money the same day I receive it by Western Union instead of waiting a few days for funds to transfer?

So do you think this is a Scam or not?

Cheers,
Steve
#paypal #scam
  • Profile picture of the author butters
    I'm from the uk but I know when ever western union is brought up, I back away. Just back away dude if your concerned then don't do it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7783609].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rosetrees
    Originally Posted by SteveSki View Post


    So do you think this is a Scam or not?
    YES. A classic scam.

    Report him to the help desk.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7783610].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author +newportone
      Absolute Scam
      there is no legitimate reason to ask someone to do this
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7799058].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
    What'll happen is the Paypal payments will be charged back so you'll be hit two ways: you've already sent the money through WU which they won't return and then you'lll get hit with chargeback fees and/or limited account through PP. By the way the chargeback fees PP can be taken out of your bank account without further approval.

    Instead of earning a 25% commission, you'll lose an arm and a leg.

    Mark
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7783619].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jamescanz
    Always listen to your gut feeling

    Just the fact that you came here to ask means you have your doubts.

    Treat the situation like a rattlesnake... Stay far away!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7783655].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author proguy7
    If it's too good to be true, it usually is. Unless you are shown otherwise.
    Signature
    www.roulettegod.com
    Roulette Strategy From A Professional Player.
    Number/pattern system do not work...interested to learn how a professional gambler has been winning for years?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7783683].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DonnyBoy
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7783776].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Daniel Evans
      It screams scam.

      When in doubt......do nowt.

      Steer clear!


      Daniel
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7783790].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kay King
        He has a website that helps people to unlock their mobile phones... says he will have his buyers of that service send me their payments as a "Gift" for work he already delivered to them and wants me to forward the money to him right away by Western Union.
        I'm surprised you would need to think twice - I suggest you report his post to mods to keep others from being scammed here.

        There are countries Paypal doesn't accept due to the high incidence of scams. This isn't meanness on PP's part - its smart business.
        Signature
        Be the person your dog thinks you are.

        Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7784268].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    Not only are the "gifts" likely to result in a chargeback, leaving you holding the bag for them plus the chargeback fee, but using your account to accept such gifts would probably result in losing your Paypal account. Anything that sounds this shady, is probably shady. Don't know why anyone would even consider it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7784350].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    Steve,

    No way man. Don't do this.

    It does sound to me like a scam. If you follow through, you will only hurt yourself.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7784437].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andy Fang
    Originally Posted by SteveSki View Post

    Could this be a PayPal Scam?

    Earlier today someone with a post count of 1 posted a new thread on the Warrior forum looking to partner up with someone who could accept paypal payments on his behalf.

    He is from Guyana and can't receive payment via Paypal.

    He has a website that helps people to unlock their mobile phones... says he will have his buyers of that service send me their payments as a "Gift" for work he already delivered to them and wants me to forward the money to him right away by Western Union.

    I'm concerned for 3 reasons....

    #1... A Paypal gift can still be disputed if it was funded with a Credit Card.

    #2... After having a Sykpe chat with him and reaching an agreement I went back to his thread and posted a reply but that thread has now disappeared and his post count reset to zero.

    #3... He is in to much of a rush to wait 3 - 5 business days for me to transfer the funds from paypal to my bank account and then me transferring the money to a Payoneer card to him. Why would he be willing to pay me a 25% commission to forward the money the same day I receive it by Western Union instead of waiting a few days for funds to transfer?

    So do you think this is a Scam or not?

    Cheers,
    Steve
    Yup, sounds suspicious from the beginning with 1 post count. Disregard everything else and focus on the point that he's not a trustworthy member to deal with.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7784628].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SteveSki
    Thanks everyone, I've been helping a couple of people who don't have Paypal for several years now without a problem. But with each of them I built and control the sales site and sell digital products that my partners create... We split the profit 50/50 and I set them up with Payoneer cards.

    But I have little risk by controlling the sales platform and hosting the digital products on my servers. My partners are the ones taking all the risks that I will pay them.

    And get this.... I Skyped him another message and asked him to explain why he would be wiling to give away 25% when if he would just wait out the normal time it takes for funds to be transferred around he get much more... he told me he he has a gambling addiction and owes $300,000 to the Casinos....

    If that was true... he either be in jail or have a body full of broken bones or dead. So I looked up the details on his web domain via Whois and a quick google search on the register's name shows that the person was murdered in April of 2012 yet he somehow managed to register a new website in January 2013.

    Something tells me I won't see any paypal payments from any of his customers... I gave him the paypal address to one of my paypal accounts that I seldom use. I set up several accounts over 10 years ago.

    Cheers,
    Steve
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7785724].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author seasoned
      Originally Posted by SteveSki View Post

      Thanks everyone, I've been helping a couple of people who don't have Paypal for several years now without a problem. But with each of them I built and control the sales site and sell digital products that my partners create... We split the profit 50/50 and I set them up with Payoneer cards.

      But I have little risk by controlling the sales platform and hosting the digital products on my servers. My partners are the ones taking all the risks that I will pay them.

      And get this.... I Skyped him another message and asked him to explain why he would be wiling to give away 25% when if he would just wait out the normal time it takes for funds to be transferred around he get much more... he told me he he has a gambling addiction and owes $300,000 to the Casinos....

      If that was true... he either be in jail or have a body full of broken bones or dead. So I looked up the details on his web domain via Whois and a quick google search on the register's name shows that the person was murdered in April of 2012 yet he somehow managed to register a new website in January 2013.

      Something tells me I won't see any paypal payments from any of his customers... I gave him the paypal address to one of my paypal accounts that I seldom use. I set up several accounts over 10 years ago.

      Cheers,
      Steve
      Apparently, the average income in guyana is $3,900! So if he owes $300,000 to casinos, he must be REALLY stinking rich! That is equivalent to an american being about $4,000,000 in debt!

      Steve
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7787003].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author eric w
        There's another aspect to this, including why he set up "the gift" part..(I could be wrong of course)

        I've brought in alot of money unlocking phones and selling them on ebay....over $6,200 per month...below is news about the new laws pertaining to unlocking....even if his offer was legit (which I doubt), there are other issues you'd have with making money from unlocking phones ...

        *****************************************
        The U.S. Library of Congress has ruled that jailbreaking the iPad and unlocking iPhones purchased after January 2013 is no longer legal.

        Jailbreaking iPhones is still allowed under exemptions to the DMCA that will be in effect for three years.

        Computer programs that enable wireless telephone handsets to execute lawfully obtained software applications, where circumvention is accomplished for the sole purpose of enabling interoperability of such applications with computer programs on the telephone handset.

        This exemption is a modification of the proponents’ proposal. It permits the circumvention of computer programs on mobile phones to enable interoperability of non-vendor- approved software applications (often referred to as “jailbreaking”), but does not apply to tablets – as had been requested by proponents – because the record did not support it.


        Unlocking
        In addition the new exemptions only allow for phones you already have, as well as those purchased before January, to be unlocked. Phones purchased after January 2013 can only be unlocked with the carrier's permission.

        Computer programs, in the form of firmware or software, that enable a wireless telephone handset originally acquired from the operator of a wireless telecommunications network or retailer no later than ninety days after the effective date of this exemption to connect to a different wireless telecommunications network, if the operator of the wireless communications network to which the handset is locked has failed to unlock it within a reasonable period of time following a request by the owner of the wireless telephone handset, and when circumvention is initiated by the owner, an individual consumer, who is also the owner of the copy of the computer program in such wireless telephone handset, solely in order to connect to a different wireless telecommunications network, and such access to the network is authorized by the operator of the network.

        This exemption is a modification of the proponents’ proposal. It permits the circumvention of computer programs on mobile phones to enable such mobile phones to connect to alternative networks (often referred to as “unlocking”), but with limited applicability. In order to align the exemption to current market realities, it applies only to mobile phones acquired prior to the effective date of the exemption or within 90 days thereafter.


        PS3/Game Consoles
        The Library of Congress rejected a proposed exemption that would allow for jailbreaking of game consoles.

        Because the Register determined that the evidentiary record failed to support a finding that the inability to circumvent access controls on video game consoles has, or over the course of the next three years likely would have, a substantial adverse impact on the ability to make noninfringing uses, the Register declined to recommend the proposed class.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7787104].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SeoDemon
    I smell a rat! especially that he refuses to wait 3-5 days !
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7786208].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeff Lenney
    Banned
    100% SCAM - STAY AWAY AND REPORT HIM TO THE FORUM ADMIN ON HERE
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7786388].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gsmfast
    i am that person and i am in no way scamming anyone.I get unlocks direct and its good money.The problem is my customers pay via paypal and i told the guy i would have them pay in any way that secures him.
    1 send as money owed
    2 send it and write in note service already delivered.
    Why do you always jump on someone im risking my funds to be sent first.

    I have no intention of scamming anyone. If anyone would be interested in doing business im doing it in every way comfortable with them.
    Thank you
    And i have 0 post because i did google search and came up here .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7786505].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gsmfast
    im willing to defend my name as i have no intention of doing that
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7786507].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seasoned
    Originally Posted by SteveSki View Post

    Could this be a PayPal Scam?

    Earlier today someone with a post count of 1 posted a new thread on the Warrior forum looking to partner up with someone who could accept paypal payments on his behalf.
    That is money laundering. YOU will have to back both sides. YOU will be affected by chargebacks and could be taxed!

    He is from Guyana and can't receive payment via Paypal.
    Often, there IS a reason!

    He has a website that helps people to unlock their mobile phones... says he will have his buyers of that service send me their payments as a "Gift" for work he already delivered to them and wants me to forward the money to him right away by Western Union.
    This is an old scam. His claimed intent is IMMATERIAL!!!!! The scam HAS to work out this way, because you are sending the money so quickly. It is FACT, SORRY!!!!!!

    The INTENDED scam works as follows....

    1. Get some sucker to take some kind of financial vehicle and have him, ASAP, send a good financial vehicle, hopefully one that can't be tracked or reversed, to you.
    2. Eventually, the vehicle you sent him is shown to be fake and HE has to pay.
    3. YOU escape with the money.

    He CLAIMS he is:

    1. HE unlocks their phones.
    2. THEY send you a "gift"(financial vehicle that CAN be reversed)
    3. He has YOU send HIM, ASAP, money via western union, can't be tracked or reversed.

    QUESTION! What if they reverse the charge? Do you even know THEY exist?

    I'm concerned for 3 reasons....

    #1... A Paypal gift can still be disputed if it was funded with a Credit Card.

    #2... After having a Sykpe chat with him and reaching an agreement I went back to his thread and posted a reply but that thread has now disappeared and his post count reset to zero.

    #3... He is in to much of a rush to wait 3 - 5 business days for me to transfer the funds from paypal to my bank account and then me transferring the money to a Payoneer card to him. Why would he be willing to pay me a 25% commission to forward the money the same day I receive it by Western Union instead of waiting a few days for funds to transfer?

    So do you think this is a Scam or not?

    Cheers,
    Steve
    As I said, it WILL be a scam sooner or later, whether he intends it or not. I say STAY AWAY!!!!

    BTW the thread was probably removed because it was a scam.

    Steve
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7786976].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    No offense but as soon as you said Guyana it's all over for me.

    Move on. If it sounds too good to be true...

    There's a very good reason Paypal blocks those countries because a lot of scams originate from there.

    Not worth the risk.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7787848].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author onlineexperts
    99.99999% SCAM. As WillR said, as soon as I read Guyana....move on quick!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7788423].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wlasikiewicz
    You can tell its a scam just by the first 2 lines you have written.

    1 - Partner up and accept PayPal on his/her behalf
    2 - He/She from Guyana
    3 - Post count of 1
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7788513].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author travlinguy
    Originally Posted by SteveSki View Post

    He has a website that helps people to unlock their mobile phones...
    This alone smells funny. Why are mobile phones locked? There are numerous reasons but the bottom line is that most often the owner somehow owes money to the carrier.

    So if you were to get involved with this guy you'd be a party to what would certainly be some kind of cracking, hacking fraudulent activity. Did you not realize this?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7788714].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WillR
      Originally Posted by travlinguy View Post

      This alone smells funny. Why are mobile phones locked? There are numerous reasons but the bottom line is that most often the owner somehow owes money to the carrier.
      Hmm, not really. These days lots of phones come locked to a network because that's part of the deal. Apple won't let certain providers sell their phones unless they lock them to the network because it then guarantees them a certain amount of income per phone.

      There are plenty of people who get these new phones as part of new contracts but don't actually need them and will sell them on sites like eBay. If you were to buy one of those phones you would want it unlocked. The person selling the phone hasn't done anything wrong nor has the person buying the phone.

      There are tons of locked phones for sales these days for that exact reason. In fact that would probably be the main reason. They are locked when you get them and so if you decide to upgrade, downgrade, change phones, whatever, you will be selling a phone that is still locked to a network and needs to be unlocked. It doesn't mean you owe any money or are not still paying your service contract.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7788732].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author travlinguy
        Originally Posted by WillR View Post

        Hmm, not really. These days lots of phones come locked to a network because that's part of the deal. Apple won't let certain providers sell their phones unless they lock them to the network because it then guarantees them a certain amount of income per phone.

        There are plenty of people who get these new phones as part of new contracts but don't actually need them and will sell them on sites like eBay. If you were to buy one of those phones you would want it unlocked. The person selling the phone hasn't done anything wrong nor has the person buying the phone.

        There are tons of locked phones for sales these days for that exact reason. In fact that would probably be the main reason. They are locked when you get them and so if you decide to upgrade, downgrade, change phones, whatever, you will be selling a phone that is still locked to a network and needs to be unlocked. It doesn't mean you owe any money or are not still paying your service contract.
        So you're saying there are actual legit independent services online that unlock phones and other devices. Hmmm. Guess I need to get out of the Bat Cave more often. :p
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7788764].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author seasoned
          Originally Posted by travlinguy View Post

          So you're saying there are actual legit independent services online that unlock phones and other devices. Hmmm. Guess I need to get out of the Bat Cave more often. :p
          YEP, and you are DEAD wrong about why the phone is locked! Most phones are locked because the manufacturer had a contract or the person dealt with a company that wanted locked phones! HOW do I know? Where's the proof? WELL, for STARTERS, MOST companies in the US, including ALL the big ones, were that way! I found out verizon MIGHT unlock a blackberry global, IF.....

          1. You ASK!
          2. You are STILL a customer!
          3. If at the time you are off contract.
          4. You pay a fee, that is like $20.
          5. You wait for a special SIM
          6. You go through some process with them.

          But they do NOT advertise or suggest it. You MUST ASK!

          And earlier, ALL of the EVDO capable ipads were LOCKED, at least in the US! As I recall, they said HALF of them are now! That is IF you buy them from apple. Buy them elsewhere, and they may be locked!

          So is unlocking legitimate in many cases? ******HECK YES*****!

          Steve
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7789445].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SamuelCarter
    Hello,

    Yeah when there is a feeling of strong uncertainty, you should just leave it. The last thing you would want is your account to be shut down and any complaints or proceedings coming your way !

    I'm pretty sure this individual can use other platforms opposed to just paypal, its just a ploy to reel people in to do the dirty work

    Samuel
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7788739].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zakhar
    Could it be, could it be .. YES.
    Signature
    Stay Humble
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7788904].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gsmfast
    Thank you seasoned.Unlocking makes me alot of money.
    ALso my businesses yes there are new dmca ruling but the devices i unlock are legally unlocked and my customers agree to the ruling before purchase that they are liable to ensure the device is allowed to be unlocked.
    Unlocking is one of the most profitable niches.
    I hate the fact people think that there is scamming going on here
    ITs not difference than investing 500usd to make 100usd profits on items and buying and selling in the end the customers can claim also.
    With me There is no claims i dont care what you make as long i get my profit i rather get some than none at all.
    If anyone is interested still please pm me.The only reason i ask for wu/mg same day is because the person is getting my cash in paypal and why should i wait?i have no intention of claims will be sending it however he wants.
    I do sprint,verizon,all att, etc
    Some days i even make 5000 in unlocking ive no need for this nonsense.But sales are slow now as some services are down so my lilttle 50 and 100 payments that i cannot get i let my customers that ive done business with for years send to the person as money owed or even have the person im doing business with invoice the person and putting in notepad payment for services rendered.I also have cash mind you that in any case anything does happen which from my view is 99% not happening i would refund.Im giving my personal info out too with who ever does it to prove im not a scam and anyone with legit paypal can make money with me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7789485].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author seasoned
      Originally Posted by gsmfast View Post

      Thank you seasoned.Unlocking makes me alot of money.
      ALso my businesses yes there are new dmca ruling but the devices i unlock are legally unlocked and my customers agree to the ruling before purchase that they are liable to ensure the device is allowed to be unlocked.
      Unlocking is one of the most profitable niches.
      I hate the fact people think that there is scamming going on here
      ITs not difference than investing 500usd to make 100usd profits on items and buying and selling in the end the customers can claim also.
      With me There is no claims i dont care what you make as long i get my profit i rather get some than none at all.
      If anyone is interested still please pm me.The only reason i ask for wu/mg same day is because the person is getting my cash in paypal and why should i wait?i have no intention of claims will be sending it however he wants.
      I do sprint,verizon,all att, etc
      Some days i even make 5000 in unlocking ive no need for this nonsense.But sales are slow now as some services are down so my lilttle 50 and 100 payments that i cannot get i let my customers that ive done business with for years send to the person as money owed or even have the person im doing business with invoice the person and putting in notepad payment for services rendered.I also have cash mind you that in any case anything does happen which from my view is 99% not happening i would refund.Im giving my personal info out too with who ever does it to prove im not a scam and anyone with legit paypal can make money with me.
      I was then responding to others. Do NOT make it look like I am supporting you! Note message #18! What you are doing IS a scam! It violates laws in the US and probably most other countries. You say that your stated intent means it is NOT a scam!

      OK, GOT YOU! So if I flush $100 dollars down a toilet with NO intent to lose the money, it will reappear in my hand? Then if you bet on a table with no intent to lose you will not lose?

      CAREFUL! If you say that is WRONG, you say you are lying, and it IS a SCAM! Since the money has left here and NOBODY can guarantee it will come back! On the OTHER hand, if you are saying that that is right, then you could NOT have lost money gambling and your whole pretense is a lie!

      So how do OTHER companies do it? Well, they sell something for say $100, and sell an object or service. They may then pay say $75 for the cost. They have full backup, and can fight disputes. If they mailed an object, they have a trail. There may even be a delay where they can recover 100%! If they didn't mail an object, then they would likely have lost no money.

      With YOU, they brake the law, get a $100 order they can't account for, and pay you $75 up front. They could get in serious trouble, and can't fight disputes. There is NO way to recover, unless you paid them back. They will lose that $75 to you, and may be on the hook for all commissions they ever got. Even though it is a service and YOU would not have lost money, THEY lost money they never even had! IMAGINE there were 100 disputes! YOU get $7,500, and they are out every penny.

      Calling someone, that sees how such delays can cause problems, stupid is a very old trick that is just about WORTHLESS now! If anyone wants to see how this can play out, watch "catch me if you can". It is a TRUE story about someone doing this in the 60s, using a variation of a trick called check kiting.

      Steve
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7799774].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kaymehelp
    really strange how people jump on such deductions very fast, you people are unbelievable
    Signature
    Let's Make Money with Dropshipping & POD | The ONLY Service you ever need | Clear M.B Guarantee
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7789514].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robert Michael
    @gsmfast, if you really aren't trying to scam people, why don't you just use a different payment processor.....?

    Paypal is not the only one. There are plenty of them out there.

    To the OP.. I wouldn't do this.

    As already posted, YOU will be liable for the taxes, even if you send the money to someone else. The IRS doesn't give a shit.

    It still came to YOUR account.

    Also, as was already posted, what is being described here is money laundering.

    Furthermore, just because he SAYS he isn't going to scam you, it doesn't make it true.

    Do you REALLY think a scammer is going to say, "yes, I plan on using stolen credit cards to make all these payments, and leave you with the chargebacks, AND out of pocket once you send me the money via WU" ????

    NOPE. They wouldn't tell you that. This is just common sense dude.

    Stay far, far away from this.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7789530].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gsmfast
    umm he has to know how he will handle his business i dont mind him invoice my customers for a service rendered so he explains his taxes if he makes his money i could care less.As for payment services.My customers pay with paypal and it ads up a 50 here 100 there. Also once again my country dont accept any of them.So the only way to make my money is this way.I am in no way wanting to harm anyone i sat with one guy and discussed plain out he has to handle his explanations to the irs im not intersted thats why im paying him a fee.Its business simply put.
    He can invoice my customers for consulation.I could care less my customers already know they owe they pay and thats it.
    I am not unethical or even if my customers do for some reason file a claim im not broke either.

    Its just like any other business you can invest in something and hope to see returns.With this you see returns immediately.
    I am willing to show anyone and make them comfortable thati have no intention of claims and i make alot of money getting it is the problem.
    THank you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7791208].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robert Michael
    @gsm, your latest reply just shows that you have absolutely NO idea how the US tax system works.

    Nothing more to be said.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7791579].message }}
    • Hey Steve

      Run as fast as you can in the opposite direction.

      Letting someone you know use your Paypal account is a terrible idea no matter what the idea is.

      Letting someone you do know use it is NOT a good idea either...LOL

      Regards

      Bronwyn and Keith
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7791584].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author USA
    It's definitely a SCAM. I'm just glad you didn't fall for it Steve.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7792060].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author m00d
      Oh yea, no way to say with 100% certainty but sure smell fishy to me.
      Signature
      Cheap WordPress Hosting @ 3Host
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7792080].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author rosetrees
        Originally Posted by gsmfast View Post

        I could care less my customers already know they owe they pay and thats it.
        I am not unethical or even if my customers do for some reason file a claim im not broke either.
        Originally Posted by Whos That Guru View Post

        @gsm, your latest reply just shows that you have absolutely NO idea how the US tax system works..
        Nor any idea of what "I am not unethical" actually means.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7792618].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gsmfast
    ive found 2 people doing it thank you.I would ask them to leave vouches here but it seems you guys heads are so far up your asses to see clearly.How stupid it is to say its a scam when its not.
    If anyone needs help unlockign phones i can help.In return for no money isnt that a scam too to waste your time?
    Stupid people.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7793948].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      I gave him the paypal address to one of my paypal accounts that I seldom use. I set up several accounts over 10 years ago.
      Looks to me like the person outing himself as the other half of the story found the right person to approach. Not many here would be interested in allowing their paypal account to be used this way - but apparently some are.
      Signature
      Be the person your dog thinks you are.

      Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7794784].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gsmfast
    Please tell me what is wrong with this?
    I cannot accept money.Who has paypal i give them some of my profits its just as if they are doing the service and the profit is good enough.I make almost 200% profit of cost price.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7797075].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WillR
      Originally Posted by gsmfast View Post

      Please tell me what is wrong with this?
      I cannot accept money.Who has paypal i give them some of my profits its just as if they are doing the service and the profit is good enough.I make almost 200% profit of cost price.
      There may not be anything technically wrong with it... but there are far safer ways for us to all make money than running other people's money through our Paypal accounts and risking our reputation with Paypal.

      Far too much can go wrong. Not worth the risk.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7797112].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Myles Sinclair
      Originally Posted by gsmfast View Post

      Please tell me what is wrong with this?
      I cannot accept money.Who has paypal i give them some of my profits its just as if they are doing the service and the profit is good enough.I make almost 200% profit of cost price.
      Well the authorities might consider it worthy of investigation of money laundering for a start. That's a huge risk for anyone thinking of using their account for something like this.

      In one post you claim to be making lots of money with this, and yet you say you cannot accept money. So which is it?

      You also say you are willing to defend your name. What name would that be? Your anonymous warrior forum username?

      If you're a legitimate business, get yourself a merchant account, or use one of the many online processors.

      Here you go, now you won't need anyone elses account - http://www.pay-world.co.uk/Merchant-....asp?IN=Guyana
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7798856].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CTRTheme
    Banned
    YES. it is a scam
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7797265].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ownergolan
    anything using western union is probably a scam.
    Signature
    "Aiyyo I'm gonna be on ti-dop, that's all my eyes can see..
    Ill put in work, and watch my status escalate"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7797505].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andy Fang
    Close this thread. It is a scam.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7798201].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Heart Cardio
    I feel that it could be a scam. I will not work with anyone that wants money wired to them by Western Union. I once had a person send me a check for $3000 for some stuff that they were going to buy from me. I was smart and waited for the check to clear before sending the items. They sent me way more than needed by needed to have the rest of the money wired to a sick relative and they could not do it for some reason unknown. I agreed to play along and cashed the check but a few days later the bank called and said that the check had not gone through. I assumed that it would not. It pays to play it safe.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7798665].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wakey7
    Before I was makong money, when i was just startin out, I lost $200 to someone offering a coaching program. He asked for payment via Western Union. As soon as payment was sent, I never heard from him again.

    Back out.
    Signature
    Web hosting for £1.99 per month, with no upfront fees! Use your own domain name or buy one with your hosting!

    Choose the £4.99 per month option and
    use promotion code 'WARRIOR'
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7798875].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HKSEO Jonbones
    He mentioned western Union. It's a scam.
    Signature
    Letmeknowseo.comSEO News and tips From real SEO'ers!
    Linklicious- Get your links crawled, so they can count
    SEO Black Book By: R.L. Adams An Insider's Guide to the SEO Industry
    Glowing Reviews- Get your Online Business Reviews to STICK!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7799075].message }}
  • Definitely doesn't sound right. Listen to your instincts.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7799248].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author freeabs
    The money MAY well not being from the unlocked services. Classic Scam SOP is that they will post something for sale somewhere at unreasonable cheap prices and victims will be asked to bank in the money to a certain account ( that's where you come in ). Then you will wire the money back to the scammer. When the victim finds out that they have been scammed they will report the owner of the account ( that will be you ) and you will then be the perpertrator as officially on record, you are the one receiving the money...
    Signature

    oops...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7859972].message }}

Trending Topics