It's not easy to outsource content writing...

49 replies
I needed 20-25 very short product reviews (100-200 words), with a total word count of 3000. But it's almost impossible to find someone who can do this! I've checked the content threads of the Warriors for hire section, but everyone writes 500 words or longer articles. I finally found someone with great reviews, I've sent him an email, asking him about the prices, but no answer arrived. Okay, I've checked Elance instead. I've found a very experienced yet not too expensive content creator with raving reviews. She even did a job very similar to mine (dozens of very short product reviews). I offered almost twice as much, but she never accepted the job. I'm a bit frustrated, because it seems no-one would do this simple thing for me I guess I need to write these reviews myself.

What's your experience? Is it hard for you to outsource content writing as well, when you want something "special", not just the usual 500-words article writing?
#content #easy #outsource #writing
  • Profile picture of the author SeanSupplee
    In the amount of time you spent looking to hire someone to do this project for you you prob could of done it yourself for free. Just saying, content writing has changed since all of the changes with search engines and to be completely honest with you 9 out of 10 content writers are no good in terms of making any profit back from their writing.

    You need to write in a way to draws the reader in and soft sells them. Content writers honestly write some really boring copy and honestly it would sound better coming from you instead of someone else.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7787900].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author HeySal
      Originally Posted by SeanSupplee View Post

      Content writers honestly write some really boring copy and honestly it would sound better coming from you instead of someone else.
      Hmmm. Interesting. I always thought many copy writers sounded like they were auditioning for a three ring circus side show. That's why I write content. I prefer to be laughable only when being humorous.

      Kaposzta - it's hard to find people you will be happy with in any field. Perhaps it would be easier for you to write the copy, then have someone edit it instead? Not only would it be cheaper, but you'd get the ideas down that you really want to sell, and the editor can tweak the copy a tad for you to make it flow better or just give it more resonance.
      Signature

      Sal
      When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
      Beyond the Path

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7787988].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ymest
      Originally Posted by SeanSupplee View Post

      In the amount of time you spent looking to hire someone to do this project for you you prob could of done it yourself for free. Just saying, content writing has changed since all of the changes with search engines and to be completely honest with you 9 out of 10 content writers are no good in terms of making any profit back from their writing.

      You need to write in a way to draws the reader in and soft sells them. Content writers honestly write some really boring copy and honestly it would sound better coming from you instead of someone else.
      Sorry, but I disagree.

      That's pure speculation. There are plenty of content writers making profits back from their writing! You should probably carry out a thorough research with real evidence to back up this claim.

      Content writing has changed for the better since these search engine updates. Short reviews are going straight into the Google bin as good, engaging and quality content is what people are looking for.

      How can you advise someone to write the equivalent of 3000 words in probably less than 2 minutes, since I don't think it took him that long to write this post? Not very good advice, now, is it?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7790512].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ReveryMarketing
    ^^ What Sean said...
    Signature

    Follow me on Instagram: http://instagram.com/reverymarketing
    Niche Flipper - The Ultimate System to Building a Successful Niche Vendor Website. http://nicheflipper.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7787903].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BudaBrit
      Originally Posted by SeanSupplee View Post

      In the amount of time you spent looking to hire someone to do this project for you you prob could of done it yourself for free. Just saying, content writing has changed since all of the changes with search engines and to be completely honest with you 9 out of 10 content writers are no good in terms of making any profit back from their writing.

      You need to write in a way to draws the reader in and soft sells them. Content writers honestly write some really boring copy and honestly it would sound better coming from you instead of someone else.
      Ah, but you can't tar us all with the same brush

      99% of content writers out there are appalling. I'll give you that. It's not that hard to find that 1%, though, although here isn't the best place to look.

      Küldtem egy PM, Káposzta
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7787912].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TimothyTorrents
    Really? I can do this for you in a couple hours or less. Let me know if you still need someone.

    I don't outsource any of my writing work because I hate not knowing if my articles are being worked on or not - I prefer to just do all the work myself. If I get a huge backlog of orders maybe I will outsource but so far that hasn't happened.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7787909].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author erwin78
    H everyone,

    If you need just this very short reviews why you don't do it yourself

    And you will be proud of yourself

    I wish you all the best

    Erwin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7787918].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author 4DayWeekend
      There is a general trend that a lot of content writers are significantly undercharging for their work and therefore are having to really bust their balls to make a decent living.

      I see good content writers charging 100-200% below their true worth on here all the time.

      These writers could do your work with ease, however they are probably so busy with existing work that they're too busy to reply to new customers especially for small jobs (3000 words).

      I'd suggest working with writers who charge on the high end. That way you know they will have time to get back to you if you have questions and are more likely to complete your work in a timely manner.

      Use copywriters if you need to.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7787969].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BudaBrit
        Originally Posted by 4DayWeekend View Post

        There is a general trend that a lot of content writers are significantly undercharging for their work and therefore are having to really bust their balls to make a decent living.

        I see good content writers charging 100-200% below their true worth on here all the time.

        These writers could do your work with ease, however they are probably so busy with existing work that they're too busy to reply to new customers especially for small jobs (3000 words).

        I'd suggest working with writers who charge on the high end. That way you know they will have time to get back to you if you have questions and are more likely to complete your work in a timely manner.

        Use copywriters if you need to.
        Yeah, I've seen US based content writers charging peanuts. How can they do it? It's crazy.

        If it takes me an hour to write your aritcle, I'm not exactly going to charge you $5 now, am I?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7787984].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author ymest
          Originally Posted by BudaBrit View Post

          Yeah, I've seen US based content writers charging peanuts. How can they do it? It's crazy.

          If it takes me an hour to write your aritcle, I'm not exactly going to charge you $5 now, am I?
          Not to mention the possible exchange rate, the Paypal cut etc!!! Peanuts is a generous terms! I'd say DUST!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7793571].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author preets
    Writing a 200 words well researched and unique article will take almost same time as 500 word article.

    BTW how much you are willing to pay for these reviews?

    Preeti
    Signature
    BUY HIGH QUALITY BACKLINKS | Party Supplies Singapore | Affordable SEO Services
    Wordpress Developer | Sales Page Designing | Affiliate Site Development | HTML Website |
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7788040].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chri5123
    Originally Posted by kaposzta View Post

    I needed 20-25 very short product reviews (100-200 words), with a total word count of 3000. But it's almost impossible to find someone who can do this! I've checked the content threads of the Warriors for hire section, but everyone writes 500 words or longer articles. I finally found someone with great reviews, I've sent him an email, asking him about the prices, but no answer arrived. Okay, I've checked Elance instead. I've found a very experienced yet not too expensive content creator with raving reviews. She even did a job very similar to mine (dozens of very short product reviews). I offered almost twice as much, but she never accepted the job. I'm a bit frustrated, because it seems no-one would do this simple thing for me I guess I need to write these reviews myself.

    What's your experience? Is it hard for you to outsource content writing as well, when you want something "special", not just the usual 500-words article writing?
    In my experience it is EASY to find people willing to write articles for cash. The hard thing is finding quality content providers.

    Check out Iwriter.com and make sure you only pick the 5 star writers and be prepared to pay a little more.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7788089].message }}
  • From a writers point of view (mine), writing 20-25 different reviews and only getting paid for 3000 words is a really big waste of time. Even if you are paying $0.03 per word or $90, that's still a job I'd turn down without even looking at the details.

    That may be a reason you're not getting responses from writers...
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7788144].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kaposzta
      Originally Posted by Content By Jim View Post

      From a writers point of view (mine), writing 20-25 different reviews and only getting paid for 3000 words is a really big waste of time. Even if you are paying $0.03 per word or $90, that's still a job I'd turn down without even looking at the details.

      That may be a reason you're not getting responses from writers...
      Yes, I understand, but the person who didn't reply back did an even more time-consuming job (writing hundred 125 words reviews) for $0.01 per word. I'd have paid her $0.02 per word for a much easier task. That's what I don't understand
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7788332].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author GuruGazette
        Originally Posted by kaposzta View Post

        Yes, I understand, but the person who didn't reply back did an even more time-consuming job (writing hundred 125 words reviews) for $0.01 per word. I'd have paid her $0.02 per word for a much easier task. That's what I don't understand
        That previous project probably taught her a very hard lesson: Well written reviews require a lot of hard work. Short and well done is even more difficult.

        Skilled writing is not a commodity that can be priced based on the number of letters or words. More often, what seems to be the "simplest" thing is often what requires the most skills.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7790474].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author kaposzta
          Originally Posted by GuruGazette View Post

          That previous project probably taught her a very hard lesson: Well written reviews require a lot of hard work. Short and well done is even more difficult.

          Skilled writing is not a commodity that can be priced based on the number of letters or words. More often, what seems to be the "simplest" thing is often what requires the most skills.
          Yes, it might be the reason. I admit that a short product description is hard to write, that is why I wanted to outsource this activity in the first place
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7790491].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PerformanceMan
    100 word reviews? The Internet public is dying for those...
    Signature
    Free Special Report on Mindset - Level Up with Positive Thinking
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7788340].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kaposzta
      Originally Posted by PerformanceMan View Post

      100 word reviews? The Internet public is dying for those...
      In fact, they are. Most people don't want to read 800 words long reviews about certain kinds of products (jewellery, watches, clothes, etc.). They just want a couple of sentences of honest opinion about these products, and they click on the pictures and links to reach the product's Amazon page. Check out some of the top performing product lenses on Squidoo, most of the reviews are very short.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7788795].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author HeySal
        Originally Posted by kaposzta View Post

        In fact, they are. Most people don't want to read 800 words long reviews about certain kinds of products (jewellery, watches, clothes, etc.). They just want a couple of sentences of honest opinion about these products, and they click on the pictures and links to reach the product's Amazon page. Check out some of the top performing product lenses on Squidoo, most of the reviews are very short.
        How many products did you want "reviewed"? The problem might be that people are not comfortable writing about products they haven't used. Writing a 100 - 200 word description is a heck of a lot easier than "reviewing" the product if you've never used it before. In fact - reviewing a product you haven't used is a tad unethical. You might want to list the products you want reviewed when you advertise for writers, and let the writers pick out the products they are familiar with so they can write ethically.
        Signature

        Sal
        When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
        Beyond the Path

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7790418].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author kaposzta
          Originally Posted by HeySal View Post

          How many products did you want "reviewed"? The problem might be that people are not comfortable writing about products they haven't used. Writing a 100 - 200 word description is a heck of a lot easier than "reviewing" the product if you've never used it before. In fact - reviewing a product you haven't used is a tad unethical. You might want to list the products you want reviewed when you advertise for writers, and let the writers pick out the products they are familiar with so they can write ethically.
          Maybe it was a bit misleading what I wrote - I didn't want the usual product reviews, just a couple of sentences about how the product looks like (based on the pictures on Amazon), what are the main features (also based on the Amazon product page), why is it worth buying it, etc.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7790623].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author andrej
    You might find someone on digitalpoint: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/foru...-creation.102/ - I have found my writer there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7788385].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author unclederek
    I Agree with Sean... Honestly... take time to learn how to write if you want to succeed in this business. Know how to do a little bit of everything, but especially writing. Because at the end of the day if the internet was no longer here and we lived in a post-apocalyptic society- you could still make money in Direct Marketing if we have a postal system

    GL

    DD
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7788561].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adie
    Most writers charges per word and not for per article so I don't see any reason why you can't find one...
    Signature



    Moderator's Note: You're only allowed to put your own products or sites in your signature.

    Signature edited.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7788667].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Istvan Horvath
    Some people just cannot get off their blinds...

    If a fellow marketer is clearly stating they want to outsource a job - i.e. hire somebody to do it - why are some narrow-minded people insisting on "teaching him how to do it".

    F. you! He (Káposzta) doesn't want to write those articles. Maybe:
    - because he is not a native English speaker (look under his name, he lives in Budapest, Hungary and he's using a Hungarian word/name as his nick name)
    - because he doesn't have time
    - because he hates writing (as I hate, for example, making graphics...)
    - because he is aware, unlike so many others, that he is better at other things than writing, so would be counterproductive to spend time on this task
    - because... none of your business

    The OP wanted to know where to find a specific type of ghost writer. If you know - tell him.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7788710].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kaposzta
      Originally Posted by Istvan Horvath View Post

      Some people just cannot get off their blinds...

      If a fellow marketer is clearly stating they want to outsource a job - i.e. hire somebody to do it - why are some narrow-minded people insisting on "teaching him how to do it".

      F. you! He (Káposzta) doesn't want to write those articles. Maybe:
      - because he is not a native English speaker (look under his name, he lives in Budapest, Hungary and he's using a Hungarian word/name as his nick name)
      - because he doesn't have time
      - because he hates writing (as I hate, for example, making graphics...)
      - because he is aware, unlike so many others, that he is better at other things than writing, so would be counterproductive to spend time on this task
      - because... none of your business

      The OP wanted to know where to find a specific type of ghost writer. If you know - tell him.
      Thank you! All of the reasons you listed are true I'm not a native English speaker, and I'm sure I cannot write the same quality content as a native speaker can do. Moreover, I want to outsource the content writing because I don't really like writing itself, and I'd like to focus on other areas of website building.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7788769].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nickstamoulis
    When I had just started my business and needed to outsource anything (can't do it all by yourself all the time!) I usually started by looking at Guru.com (Guru.com) and had pretty good luck finding quality people. Kudos to you for wanting to find a good writer and not just any writer that is willing to take the job! A lot of people aren't willing to put that much time into this process.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7788822].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author schttrj
      Well, I can understand where you come from. Not many months ago, I was going through the same phase.

      Here's a tip for you:

      Don't post your job in the freelance bidding sites. Rather approach bloggers in your niche and ask them if they are willing to write for you. In that way, you will get really good quality content (just what you want).
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7789004].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author kaposzta
        Originally Posted by schttrj View Post

        Well, I can understand where you come from. Not many months ago, I was going through the same phase.

        Here's a tip for you:

        Don't post your job in the freelance bidding sites. Rather approach bloggers in your niche and ask them if they are willing to write for you. In that way, you will get really good quality content (just what you want).
        Wow, it's a great idea, thank you!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7789972].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Velant
    Originally Posted by kaposzta View Post

    I needed 20-25 very short product reviews (100-200 words), with a total word count of 3000. But it's almost impossible to find someone who can do this! I've checked the content threads of the Warriors for hire section, but everyone writes 500 words or longer articles. I finally found someone with great reviews, I've sent him an email, asking him about the prices, but no answer arrived. Okay, I've checked Elance instead. I've found a very experienced yet not too expensive content creator with raving reviews. She even did a job very similar to mine (dozens of very short product reviews). I offered almost twice as much, but she never accepted the job. I'm a bit frustrated, because it seems no-one would do this simple thing for me I guess I need to write these reviews myself.

    What's your experience? Is it hard for you to outsource content writing as well, when you want something "special", not just the usual 500-words article writing?
    I have done this before a few times without a problem via both odesk and freelancer. But if you only need 3000 words in one-off job then you will be better off doing it yourself as it would save you wasting time for testing many people to find someone suitable.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7790023].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kaposzta
      Originally Posted by Velant View Post

      I have done this before a few times without a problem via both odesk and freelancer. But if you only need 3000 words in one-off job then you will be better off doing it yourself as it would save you wasting time for testing many people to find someone suitable.
      I was thinking that if the content were awesome, I would stick with that content creator for my future plans. I've also planned that I have the reviews written, then I update the site with my own content later on.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7790278].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JCTorpey
    If you're wiling to pay $0.02 per word, why not try outsourcing to The Content Authority or Textbroker? If you don't like what you get, you can send it back for revisions.
    Signature

    JC Torpey ~ Freelance Writer for Hire
    Read samples and view my portfolio @ Virtual Copy
    Read the VCopy Blog before Sept. 30 and get a discount off all services

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7790403].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anton343
    iwriter is the best place to go
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7790430].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Curtis2011
    I regularly hire writers on Elance and finding good, cheap writers there is incredibly easy.

    Most jobs I post there get at least 20 responses, usually 10 of which will be qualified for the job and 3-5 of which will be qualified and within my price range. Every once in awhile, someone will be super-qualified for the job and bid an incredibly low price, which I jump on immediately.

    Maybe you should work on writing a better job description that attracts more bidders? The headline of your job description is also very important. For instance, if you include the word "cheap" in it, you will almost always get much lower bid prices from people who are accustomed to working for low prices.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7790655].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Broyde
    Kapostza you mentioned paying 2 cents per word in an earlier thread. I don't think you are going to find someone who WANTS to do your project at that rate.
    Even though it is a small amount of writing, the writer would still need to spend some time looking at /researching the products in order to write something that is on point.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7790671].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ymest
      Originally Posted by Broyde View Post

      Kapostza you mentioned paying 2 cents per word in an earlier thread. I don't think you are going to find someone who WANTS to do your project at that rate.
      Even though it is a small amount of writing, the writer would still need to spend some time looking at /researching the products in order to write something that is on point.
      Exactly!!!!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7790724].message }}
  • I'm just wondering, did you put a deadline on your job post? Quality writing takes time. When you don't give good writers enough time to do good work they usually turn down a job, no matter how much you pay them. That could be a reason why can't find a writer.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7792937].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kaposzta
      Originally Posted by John Jonas Phil VA View Post

      I'm just wondering, did you put a deadline on your job post? Quality writing takes time. When you don't give good writers enough time to do good work they usually turn down a job, no matter how much you pay them. That could be a reason why can't find a writer.
      Yes, I included a deadline, I think it was 2 weeks. It's not a serious deadline for 3000 words of content
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7793174].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BudaBrit
        Originally Posted by kaposzta View Post

        Yes, I included a deadline, I think it was 2 weeks. It's not a serious deadline for 3000 words of content
        No, it's not serious for 3000 words of content on the same product. But if it's on 30 products, it's crazy. That's something like 45 hours absolute minimum. More like 60 or more.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7793313].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author bighostchennai
          Originally Posted by BudaBrit View Post

          No, it's not serious for 3000 words of content on the same product. But if it's on 30 products, it's crazy. That's something like 45 hours absolute minimum. More like 60 or more.
          I outsourced a writer in fiverr, quality not so much good, he took nearly 20 days of time for writing a 800 words Article..
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7793378].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author BudaBrit
            Originally Posted by bighostchennai View Post

            I outsourced a writer in fiverr, quality not so much good, he took nearly 20 days of time for writing a 800 words Article..
            Ouch! I guess you never used him again

            I have been delayed with projects before, but I've always let the client know in advance.

            I even got stood up by a client, who disappeared before the final edit! He'd already paid, so it was his loss and it was ghost written, so my name wasn't attached. Strange.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7793438].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author agmccall
              I have had good luck outsourcing. I have a Golf Club ecommerce site and I needed some content.

              I went to Odesk and Elance and created my project, I set my projects up for invite only. Then I started searching for "Golf Writers". In elance you can set what country you want the provider to be from. When I find potential candidates I send them an invite and require a sample. It takes a bit more time and effort but I have had good results. The last writer, and the one I will be using from now on, I found was a golf pro, his profile image was of him wearing a golf hat and was taken on a golf course. This did not necessarily mean he was a good writer but it was a great start. And it turned out he was not only a good golf writer, but he is a good writer in general and I can use him in different niches.

              Like anything else in business or IM do not expect instant results. Apply yourself to the process

              al
              Signature

              Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?
              ~Jack Handey~

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7793565].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Icanwrite
    Wow ! Really ? I never knew any content provider who could be so unprofessional. I, for one, would never refuse work.
    I own a content creation biz and have been writing/managing content since 5 years now. So far, I have never ignored/ refused a job - no matter how small or how big. I was under the impression that all providers maintain this ethic.
    I know for a fact that people DO charge a bit more for articles which are less than 100-200 words each as it takes up more time in researching for every new piece. However, not accepting such orders.. thats plain sad. I really don't know why anyone would want to slash down their business and lose the competitive edge which they worked so hard to gain!
    HIT me up via PM whenever you need content You wont be let down, I promise We take care of our clients and value their business.
    Signature
    Adventure travel blogger & outreach expert - WanderWithJo.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7793136].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ymest
      Originally Posted by Icanwrite View Post

      Wow ! Really ? I never knew any content provider who could be so unprofessional. I, for one, would never refuse work.
      I own a content creation biz and have been writing/managing content since 5 years now. So far, I have never ignored/ refused a job - no matter how small or how big. I was under the impression that all providers maintain this ethic.
      I know for a fact that people DO charge a bit more for articles which are less than 100-200 words each as it takes up more time in researching for every new piece. However, not accepting such orders.. thats plain sad. I really don't know why anyone would want to slash down their business and lose the competitive edge which they worked so hard to gain!
      HIT me up via PM whenever you need content You wont be let down, I promise We take care of our clients and value their business.
      Maybe that's your ethics, but it's called low-balling!! Why not write for free, then?? There is no such thing as a free lunch and writing reviews that aren't mere copy and paste types take research, originality and proper writing...That is, if you want to make a difference and stand out from the rest of the crowd! The competition is FIERCE, as you probably know, so you want to really make a difference! Readers are fed up with stupid re-hashed content! Some charge up to 50 bucks per page and there is nothing wrong with that! Value, value, value and quality and not just churning out articles for the sake of it is what is going to help a marketer!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7793285].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BudaBrit
      Originally Posted by Icanwrite View Post

      Wow ! Really ? I never knew any content provider who could be so unprofessional. I, for one, would never refuse work.
      I own a content creation biz and have been writing/managing content since 5 years now. So far, I have never ignored/ refused a job - no matter how small or how big. I was under the impression that all providers maintain this ethic.
      I know for a fact that people DO charge a bit more for articles which are less than 100-200 words each as it takes up more time in researching for every new piece. However, not accepting such orders.. thats plain sad. I really don't know why anyone would want to slash down their business and lose the competitive edge which they worked so hard to gain!
      HIT me up via PM whenever you need content You wont be let down, I promise We take care of our clients and value their business.
      Err... You seem to have it backwards.

      It's more ethical to refuse work. You cannot spare the time to give the client something that meets your own standards by their deadline.

      By refusing work you're also reinforcing the fact that people DO want your business.

      It's how you represent that to your clients that matters. Not responding is poor, but emailing saying "What is your deadline as, unforunately, I am fully booked up for the next 7 weeks. I can recommend someone else if you need it done before then." is far better than taking on work you cannot complete.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7793302].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ymest
        Originally Posted by BudaBrit View Post

        Err... You seem to have it backwards.

        It's more ethical to refuse work. You cannot spare the time to give the client something that meets your own standards by their deadline.

        By refusing work you're also reinforcing the fact that people DO want your business.

        It's how you represent that to your clients that matters. Not responding is poor, but emailing saying "What is your deadline as, unforunately, I am fully booked up for the next 7 weeks. I can recommend someone else if you need it done before then." is far better than taking on work you cannot complete.
        Very good point!!!!!! Couldn't agree more!!! Long live ETHICS!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7793522].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author roberthughes
    Hi Kaposzta,

    I have used copywriters many times for SEO projects and also client related marketing campaigns.

    Your best bet is to try and find someone where the primary languege in their country is English. i.e Canada, US, UK, Australia....

    If your looking for something on the cheaper side then it has to be philipenes for me.

    However if your looking for very high quality then sadly you either do it yourself or pay a premium for this!

    Hope that helps and goodluck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7793342].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ymest
      Originally Posted by roberthughes View Post

      Hi Kaposzta,

      I have used copywriters many times for SEO projects and also client related marketing campaigns.

      Your best bet is to try and find someone where the primary languege in their country is English. i.e Canada, US, UK, Australia....

      If your looking for something on the cheaper side then it has to be philipenes for me.

      However if your looking for very high quality then sadly you either do it yourself or pay a premium for this!

      Hope that helps and goodluck!
      Yes, sadly..or not so sadly! I compare it to travelling business or first class!! Unless you find a charitable person willing to write OUTSTANDING articles for free ( ahhaa it's probably just a concept)))), you'll have to pay some more! That's one of the reasons why I never really tried Elance, Odesk etc! You can build your profile and credentials but you have to start LOOOOOOWWWW! So, why not set up your site and spend that time building it up, writing articles for your portfolio and building an audience! It's modern slavery and I can't stand it!!!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7793554].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author textbroker
    Kaposta, I have a different suggestion. Since you have tons of short items, go to an article writing service and spread them out amongst the writers. Then you don't have author burnout, you have a higher liklihood of an author being passionate or excited about the review, and you get your reviews back as they're complete, instead of waiting for all of them to be done at once. We can do that for you within your budget.
    Signature
    http://www.textbroker.com
    Custom Content Creation
    Starting at 1.2 cents per word
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7795867].message }}

Trending Topics