Is selling (MRR & PLR) products lucrative?

22 replies
Hello, This is my first post in the main section.

I'm a IM newbie but have experience building websites and am generally pretty savvy when it comes to computers/web.

I am curious to know if anyone has had any luck with selling master resale rights products or Private label rights products? (making a living off it or close to!)

I recently purchased a PLR e-bookl in the health niche.. and I have to be honest.. Being somewhat of a health freak myself.... the book was bad, and it had typos!

Which leads to my following questions,

Has anyone bought a great plr/mrr product?

What are the pros/cons to these prodcuts?

and if there IS money to be made in this market.. is it good to focus on 1 product or many?
#lucrative #mrr #plr #products #selling
  • Profile picture of the author Chri5123
    Originally Posted by thagoodlife View Post

    Hello, This is my first post in the main section.

    I'm a IM newbie but have experience building websites and am generally pretty savvy when it comes to computers/web.

    I am curious to know if anyone has had any luck with selling master resale rights products or Private label rights products? (making a living off it or close to!)

    I recently purchased a PLR e-bookl in the health niche.. and I have to be honest.. Being somewhat of a health freak myself.... the book was bad, and it had typos!

    Which leads to my following questions,

    Has anyone bought a great plr/mrr product?

    What are the pros/cons to these prodcuts?

    and if there IS money to be made in this market.. is it good to focus on 1 product or many?
    Yes, there are different quality PLR/MRR products same as everything else, if you know how to use it - it can be very profitable as it is an awesome time saver.

    Yes, bought loads of PLR articles as I am in lots of different niches.

    Cons, in my mind seem to be that some people think you just resell the content as is, or use it exactly as you bought it and this is not the case.

    If you use PLR properly, rewrite it, strip it down , offer as a bonus it can save you money and be a great time saver.

    To answer your question though:

    Yes, it is lucrative!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7794171].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author onSubie
    Hi

    You do have to examine products carefully as there is a wide gap in quality among PLR and MRR products.

    I tend to find (in general) that MRR are a bit better quality because you are simply reselling, not rewriting or claiming authorship.

    Be sure to read the rights you have. Some MRR allow you to change graphics and others do not.

    As for money to be made, it depends on traffic. If you can put a good offer together and drive traffic you can make sales.

    Rewritten PLR is not allowed in the WSO forum but I think products created originally from PLR can be sold here in the classified ads forum.

    Mahlon
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7794186].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thagoodlife
    Thanks for the comments guys, If I was able to thank you i would!

    solid information
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7794343].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author roblawrence
    Before you buy any PLR stuff, ask yourself: "Why would anybody else buy this?" If you're buying it to resell, you are just competing with everybody else out there. You can create your OWN content and own all the rights and profits to it. It's not hard but you have to have a desire to create something useful that meets a need, and that people will PAY for.

    Yes, there's big money in the information business. Membership websites are a great idea. So is marketing online seminars, ebooks, etc. But, make yours unique. There's a market for quality information that actually gets results. The PLR stuff just isn't up to snuff!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7794396].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tina Golden
      Originally Posted by roblawrence View Post

      There's a market for quality information that actually gets results. The PLR stuff just isn't up to snuff!
      You clearly don't know how to buy or use PLR properly or you wouldn't say this.
      Signature
      Discover how to have fabulous, engaging content with
      Fast & Easy Content Creation
      ***Especially if you don't have enough time, money, or just plain HATE writing***
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7794480].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yakim1
      Originally Posted by roblawrence View Post

      Before you buy any PLR stuff, ask yourself: "Why would anybody else buy this?" If you're buying it to resell, you are just competing with everybody else out there.
      The problem with the above statement is that many people buy the PLR stuff but never take any action to sell the PLR stuff. So the competition is much less than you would think.

      I use PLR and I go a step further and host the product with special software that I created that automatically brands the sales letter for the member. The member can change the price on his products, that I'm hosting, with a click of their mouse.

      They can change the sales letters into OTOs with a No Thanks link at the bottom and the member controls the redirect of the No Thanks.

      I even supply ready made and hosted squeeze pages in many different niches that the members can connect to their autoresponder with copy and paste. They also can control the redirect to a product page after the form is submitted.

      Plus the special report given away is automatically branded with the member's affiliate links.

      If they want, they can download the PLR and do all the work their selves and put them on their own server. But that usually is where all the computer dust accumulates.

      I have one site that puts together complete sales funnels including squeeze page, main product sales page, Upsell and downsell products. Another done for you solution that uses new products.

      You have to come up with different ideas to sell these products. but the answer is yes, you can make some good money with PLR and Resell Rights products.

      I hope this has been helpful,
      Steve Yakim
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7802845].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kennytan
    It's definitely lucrative.

    You just have to be creative, re-purpose the PLR content and make new graphics with some added content from your own research then you should be doing good for long term.

    If it's not lucrative, why would the warriors want to offer PLR in the wso.
    Signature

    Get 2 Brand New Top Quality PLR Niche Products on Each Month!
    Check Out >> http://www.niche4wealth.us

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7794467].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author weigemeiser
    The quality of the MRR/PLR products is important, but so is the sales funnel. If you only own the MRR/PLR of the product without the squeeze page, sales page, graphics, banners, etc., you have to do all that on your own.

    Since I am not the design kind of person, I only buy MRR/PLR products that come with the sales funnel.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7794656].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author john01a
    Originally Posted by thagoodlife View Post

    ...I am curious to know if anyone has had any luck with selling master resale rights products or Private label rights products? (making a living off it or close to!)

    I recently purchased a PLR e-bookl in the health niche.. and I have to be honest.. Being somewhat of a health freak myself.... the book was bad, and it had typos!...

    ...Which leads to my following questions,

    Has anyone bought a great plr/mrr product?

    What are the pros/cons to these prodcuts?
    ...
    Reselling PLR and MRR
    When you're talking about selling MRR or PLR products, I'm assuming you're talking about reselling MRR or PLR products and not creating your own PLR or MRR products.

    As far as reselling MRR or PLR products... I doubt it will be worth your time because you're going to have to deal with loads of competition reselling the exact same PLR or MRR product as you.

    With MRR products and Transferable PLR products, at least some of your customers will end up being your competition.

    And, since PLR and MRR products are aimed at Internet Marketers, most Internet Marketers who buy Transferable PLR products and MRR products, buy from established Resellers or get their products from memberships... or they'll shop around for the cheapest price.

    So, the pie is pretty small and if you try to compete on price, I doubt you'll make much.

    Okay, then what if you create your own Transferable PLR products or MRR products to sell?

    Creating and Selling MRR and Transferable PLR products
    Well, as I mentioned earlier, your customers become your competition. So, you may make some sales initially, but the more time that passes, the more competition you'll have and the harder it is to make sales. This applies to both MRR products and Transferable PLR products.

    Master Resell Rights
    I don't think sales should be your motivation for creating a MRR product. I think exposure is a better motive for creating a MRR product. Because customers become resellers and distributors (assuming bonus/give away rights are given as well), a MRR product could end up in the hands of a lot of people.

    So, one reason for creating a MRR product, could be for exposure.

    Private Label Rights
    If you're going to create PLR, then I think it's better to license your content under a Non Transferable PLR license.

    If you're selling Non Transferable PLR, then the only place where someone can get that exact PLR product, would be from you. Since it's Non Transferable PLR, your customers are not allowed to pass on Private Label Rights to others.


    MRR from a Reseller's Perspective, who's selling to the Niche Targeted by the Product
    If you have a MRR product and sell it to the niche being targeted, then you may be able to make more money, than if you were reselling it as a MRR product to the Internet Marketing niche.

    However, then your competition won't be other Internet Marketers reselling the same MRR product as you. Instead, your competition will be all the similar products out there. Which means that the quality of the product is incredibly important.

    To add to this, there will be other people who have MRR to that product, who are also targeting the targeted niche instead of the Internet Marketing niche. But unlike with the Internet Marketing niche, those within the targeted niche are not that likely to look for the cheapest price of that particular product.

    Either way, you're going to have a lot of competition.

    PLR from a PLR User's Perspective
    As far as using PLR content goes, I'd say that Non Transferable PLR content is better than Transferable PLR content, because less people are likely to have it.

    With Transferable PLR content, there's multiple people selling it.

    With Non Transferable PLR content, there's only one seller.

    The less people who are using the same PLR content as you, the less changes that are required to make a unique version of the content.

    Now, some people who use PLR content aren't too concerned about whether it's Transferable or Non Transferable PLR, because they plan on completely rewriting the content. So, in that case, it may not matter.

    But, there's another reason why you'd want to buy Non Transferable PLR content.

    Non Transferable PLR Content
    As pointed out, with Non Transferable PLR content, you have to buy it directly from the source, the creator of that PLR content (i.e. the PLR Content Provider).

    In other words, you know where the PLR content came from. So, if there is any issue with the content, like if there is any uncertainty about whether the PLR content is genuine PLR, you know where to complain. It's a lot harder to trace the origin of the PLR content if you're buying Transferable PLR content through a reseller.

    You also know what level of quality to expect from a PLR content provider. Most PLR Content Providers will have samples of their content on their site. So, you can get an idea of the quality to expect from that.

    The quality of the content from PLR Content Providers is likely to be consistent. So, if you bought from them before, then you have an even better idea of the quality to expect.

    Quality of PLR Content
    The quality of PLR content will vary from one PLR content provider to the next.

    So, does high quality PLR exist? Yes. It's just a matter of finding a PLR content provider that sells high quality PLR content.

    If you bought bad PLR content from one source, then just don't buy from them again. But, I think it's a mistake to assume that all PLR content is of low quality, based on a few bad experiences from certain PLR Content Providers.

    Well researched and well written PLR content does exist.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7794705].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author thagoodlife
      Appreciate your reply.

      Really great information here, Thank you!

      Originally Posted by john01a View Post

      Reselling PLR and MRR
      When you're talking about selling MRR or PLR products, I'm assuming you're talking about reselling MRR or PLR products and not creating your own PLR or MRR products.

      As far as reselling MRR or PLR products... I doubt it will be worth your time because you're going to have to deal with loads of competition reselling the exact same PLR or MRR product as you.

      With MRR products and Transferable PLR products, at least some of your customers will end up being your competition.

      And, since PLR and MRR products are aimed at Internet Marketers, most Internet Marketers who buy Transferable PLR products and MRR products, buy from established Resellers or get their products from memberships... or they'll shop around for the cheapest price.

      So, the pie is pretty small and if you try to compete on price, I doubt you'll make much.

      Okay, then what if you create your own Transferable PLR products or MRR products to sell?

      Creating and Selling MRR and Transferable PLR products
      Well, as I mentioned earlier, your customers become your competition. So, you may make some sales initially, but the more time that passes, the more competition you'll have and the harder it is to make sales. This applies to both MRR products and Transferable PLR products.

      Master Resell Rights
      I don't think sales should be your motivation for creating a MRR product. I think exposure is a better motive for creating a MRR product. Because customers become resellers and distributors (assuming bonus/give away rights are given as well), a MRR product could end up in the hands of a lot of people.

      So, one reason for creating a MRR product, could be for exposure.

      Private Label Rights
      If you're going to create PLR, then I think it's better to license your content under a Non Transferable PLR license.

      If you're selling Non Transferable PLR, then the only place where someone can get that exact PLR product, would be from you. Since it's Non Transferable PLR, your customers are not allowed to pass on Private Label Rights to others.


      MRR from a Reseller's Perspective, who's selling to the Niche Targeted by the Product
      If you have a MRR product and sell it to the niche being targeted, then you may be able to make more money, than if you were reselling it as a MRR product to the Internet Marketing niche.

      However, then your competition won't be other Internet Marketers reselling the same MRR product as you. Instead, your competition will be all the similar products out there. Which means that the quality of the product is incredibly important.

      To add to this, there will be other people who have MRR to that product, who are also targeting the targeted niche instead of the Internet Marketing niche. But unlike with the Internet Marketing niche, those within the targeted niche are not that likely to look for the cheapest price of that particular product.

      Either way, you're going to have a lot of competition.

      PLR from a PLR User's Perspective
      As far as using PLR content goes, I'd say that Non Transferable PLR content is better than Transferable PLR content, because less people are likely to have it.

      With Transferable PLR content, there's multiple people selling it.

      With Non Transferable PLR content, there's only one seller.

      The less people who are using the same PLR content as you, the less changes that are required to make a unique version of the content.

      Now, some people who use PLR content aren't too concerned about whether it's Transferable or Non Transferable PLR, because they plan on completely rewriting the content. So, in that case, it may not matter.

      But, there's another reason why you'd want to buy Non Transferable PLR content.

      Non Transferable PLR Content
      As pointed out, with Non Transferable PLR content, you have to buy it directly from the source, the creator of that PLR content (i.e. the PLR Content Provider).

      In other words, you know where the PLR content came from. So, if there is any issue with the content, like if there is any uncertainty about whether the PLR content is genuine PLR, you know where to complain. It's a lot harder to trace the origin of the PLR content if you're buying Transferable PLR content through a reseller.

      You also know what level of quality to expect from a PLR content provider. Most PLR Content Providers will have samples of their content on their site. So, you can get an idea of the quality to expect from that.

      The quality of the content from PLR Content Providers is likely to be consistent. So, if you bought from them before, then you have an even better idea of the quality to expect.

      Quality of PLR Content
      The quality of PLR content will vary from one PLR content provider to the next.

      So, does high quality PLR exist? Yes. It's just a matter of finding a PLR content provider that sells high quality PLR content.

      If you bought bad PLR content from one source, then just don't buy from them again. But, I think it's a mistake to assume that all PLR content is of low quality, based on a few bad experiences from certain PLR Content Providers.

      Well researched and well written PLR content does exist.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7794824].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Networking_now
      Originally Posted by john01a View Post

      Reselling PLR and MRR
      When you're talking about selling MRR or PLR products, I'm assuming you're talking about reselling MRR or PLR products and not creating your own PLR or MRR products.

      As far as reselling MRR or PLR products... I doubt it will be worth your time because you're going to have to deal with loads of competition reselling the exact same PLR or MRR product as you.

      With MRR products and Transferable PLR products, at least some of your customers will end up being your competition.

      And, since PLR and MRR products are aimed at Internet Marketers, most Internet Marketers who buy Transferable PLR products and MRR products, buy from established Resellers or get their products from memberships... or they'll shop around for the cheapest price.

      So, the pie is pretty small and if you try to compete on price, I doubt you'll make much.

      Okay, then what if you create your own Transferable PLR products or MRR products to sell?

      Creating and Selling MRR and Transferable PLR products
      Well, as I mentioned earlier, your customers become your competition. So, you may make some sales initially, but the more time that passes, the more competition you'll have and the harder it is to make sales. This applies to both MRR products and Transferable PLR products.

      Master Resell Rights
      I don't think sales should be your motivation for creating a MRR product. I think exposure is a better motive for creating a MRR product. Because customers become resellers and distributors (assuming bonus/give away rights are given as well), a MRR product could end up in the hands of a lot of people.

      So, one reason for creating a MRR product, could be for exposure.

      Private Label Rights
      If you're going to create PLR, then I think it's better to license your content under a Non Transferable PLR license.

      If you're selling Non Transferable PLR, then the only place where someone can get that exact PLR product, would be from you. Since it's Non Transferable PLR, your customers are not allowed to pass on Private Label Rights to others.


      MRR from a Reseller's Perspective, who's selling to the Niche Targeted by the Product
      If you have a MRR product and sell it to the niche being targeted, then you may be able to make more money, than if you were reselling it as a MRR product to the Internet Marketing niche.

      However, then your competition won't be other Internet Marketers reselling the same MRR product as you. Instead, your competition will be all the similar products out there. Which means that the quality of the product is incredibly important.

      To add to this, there will be other people who have MRR to that product, who are also targeting the targeted niche instead of the Internet Marketing niche. But unlike with the Internet Marketing niche, those within the targeted niche are not that likely to look for the cheapest price of that particular product.

      Either way, you're going to have a lot of competition.

      PLR from a PLR User's Perspective
      As far as using PLR content goes, I'd say that Non Transferable PLR content is better than Transferable PLR content, because less people are likely to have it.

      With Transferable PLR content, there's multiple people selling it.

      With Non Transferable PLR content, there's only one seller.

      The less people who are using the same PLR content as you, the less changes that are required to make a unique version of the content.

      Now, some people who use PLR content aren't too concerned about whether it's Transferable or Non Transferable PLR, because they plan on completely rewriting the content. So, in that case, it may not matter.

      But, there's another reason why you'd want to buy Non Transferable PLR content.

      Non Transferable PLR Content
      As pointed out, with Non Transferable PLR content, you have to buy it directly from the source, the creator of that PLR content (i.e. the PLR Content Provider).

      In other words, you know where the PLR content came from. So, if there is any issue with the content, like if there is any uncertainty about whether the PLR content is genuine PLR, you know where to complain. It's a lot harder to trace the origin of the PLR content if you're buying Transferable PLR content through a reseller.

      You also know what level of quality to expect from a PLR content provider. Most PLR Content Providers will have samples of their content on their site. So, you can get an idea of the quality to expect from that.

      The quality of the content from PLR Content Providers is likely to be consistent. So, if you bought from them before, then you have an even better idea of the quality to expect.

      Quality of PLR Content
      The quality of PLR content will vary from one PLR content provider to the next.

      So, does high quality PLR exist? Yes. It's just a matter of finding a PLR content provider that sells high quality PLR content.

      If you bought bad PLR content from one source, then just don't buy from them again. But, I think it's a mistake to assume that all PLR content is of low quality, based on a few bad experiences from certain PLR Content Providers.

      Well researched and well written PLR content does exist.
      What are the main difference between 'Resell rights' RR and PLR ?

      one is a the rigths to sell the product (RR)? and the other is a licence? :confused:
      Signature
      Joint venture With Me in the
      CREDIT REPAIR Niche or the...

      GOVERNMENT GRANT Niche
      (Private Message me)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7796050].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author stanleychong
        Originally Posted by Networking_now View Post

        What are the main difference between 'Resell rights' RR and PLR ?

        one is a the rigths to sell the product (RR)? and the other is a licence? :confused:
        Resell rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

        Hope this helps
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7796120].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author john01a
        Originally Posted by Networking_now View Post

        What are the main difference between 'Resell rights' RR and PLR ?

        one is a the rigths to sell the product (RR)? and the other is a licence? :confused:
        Resell Rights (RR), Master Resell Rights (MRR) and Private Label Rights (PLR) are licenses that product creators use to pass on certain rights to their customers.

        The terms of any of these licenses depend on the product creator. So, the terms of one license may be very different from the next, even though they are both licensed under the same type of license. There is no standard PLR, MRR or RR license.

        That said, generally there are certain common points for each type of license.

        Private Label Rights
        Generally, a Private Label Rights license allows the holder of the license the right to edit, change and add to the product and to use the product for profit.

        Resell Rights
        A Resell Rights license allows the holder the right to resell the product to others. However, they cannot make any changes to the product.

        Furthermore, their customers only get Personal Use Rights to the product. In other words, the holder cannot pass on The Right to Resell on to others.

        Master Resell Rights
        Just like under a Resell Rights license, the holder of a Master Resell Rights license has the right to resell the product to others. But, they also have the right to pass on The Right to Resell on to others.

        The license will specify whether they can pass on Master Resell Rights to others, or whether they can only pass on Resell Rights. Also, just like with a Resell Rights product, you can't make any changes to a Master Resell Rights product.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7796826].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Networking_now
          Originally Posted by john01a View Post

          Private Label Rights
          Generally, a Private Label Rights license allows the holder of the license the right to edit, change and add to the product and to use the product for profit.

          Resell Rights
          A Resell Rights license allows the holder the right to resell the product to others. However, they cannot make any changes to the product.

          Furthermore, their customers only get Personal Use Rights to the product. In other words, the holder cannot pass on The Right to Resell on to others.

          Master Resell Rights .
          So I suppose these are 3 additional ways to make money for a product which is why we see people offering them correct ?

          What one would for an ebook product, is worth more?

          offering the PLR of the ebook,
          offering the RR of the ebook,
          offering the MRR of the ebook,

          and what are the advantages and disadvantages of both ?
          Signature
          Joint venture With Me in the
          CREDIT REPAIR Niche or the...

          GOVERNMENT GRANT Niche
          (Private Message me)
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7799277].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author john01a
            Originally Posted by Networking_now View Post

            ...What one would for an ebook product, is worth more?

            offering the PLR of the ebook,
            offering the RR of the ebook,
            offering the MRR of the ebook,

            and what are the advantages and disadvantages of both ?
            I'd say Private Label Rights to an eBook is worth more than Resell Rights or Master Resell Rights to that same eBook.

            Private Label Rights is the Best
            Private Label Rights allows you to make changes to, and add to, the eBook. In other words, you have the ability to improve the eBook or even use it as a starting point to create something new. There's also rebranding opportunities.

            With both Resell Rights and Master Resell Rights, you can't make any changes to the product. So, PLR is a lot more flexible and has a lot more potential than MRR or RR.

            Then between Master Resell Rights and Resell Rights, I'd say Resell Rights is better from a Reseller's perspective.

            Why Resell Rights is better than Master Resell Rights
            Some may disagree with me on this and argue that because the holder of a MRR license can pass on the right to sell on to others, it must be better than RR.

            But, I think that because customers can pass on the right to resell, the only thing it really does well, is increase competition. Think about it. Customers can become resellers, and customers of those resellers, can also become resellers.

            At this point I'd like to point out that when I talk about Resell Rights here, I'm referring to the eBook creator selling Resell Rights instead of Master Resell Rights.

            There are instances where the eBook creator sells the eBook under a Master Resell Rights license that allows the holder of that MRR eBook, to pass on either MRR or just RR. So, I'm talking about when the eBook is originally sold under a RR license instead of a MRR license.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7799452].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bigjara
    Almost everything is lucrative; however, that does not mean you will make money.
    Signature

    Want an uncensored look into the life of an internet marketer? Check out my blog The Chronicle of a Dropout

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7795835].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DotComBum
    Yes, I have bought a PLR/MRR product before, the pros of it is it's low cost and have something to call it your own if you bought a PLR product, the cons is everyone else is selling it so it's not totally unique or one of kind, I suggest you can use it as a free giveaway to build a list.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7796033].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Simmeon
    Providing you know how to use PLR it can be lucrative.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7799406].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yakim1
    I just have one more thing to add. When I buy PLR products, I usually buy PLR that only the direct buyer of the PLR has the right to change and sell and can't pass any kind resell rights on to others.

    These are products that everyone and their cousin don't already have and they can be given a good price.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7802864].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TimCastleman
    I made $500 from selling a PLR product to my list the other day.

    No it does not work.

    Tim
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7802967].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RogueOne
      Banned
      #1 - There is a ton of high quality MRR/PLR available.

      #2 - DO NOT try to sell MMO/IM PLR. For obvious reasons.

      #3 - There is as much money to be made as from any info. product.

      #4 - High quality providers normally sell a limited number of licenses, and they let you know how many are sold.

      #5 - Most people who buy PLR for resale never do anything with it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7803477].message }}

Trending Topics