How much should one charge for solo email blasts? 100,000 List, Investing Niche

by tsx
11 replies
I am not sure if this the right place to post this, however I am not sure what Internet Marketers are used to paying for solo ads, how much should I expect to pay? Thank you.
#100 #blasts #charge #email #investing #list #niche #solo
  • Profile picture of the author impulse
    I may depend on how you acquired your list.. which will affect conversion rates.
    Signature

    RankPush

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7800241].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FirstSocialApps
    I think you charge per click you send. Not by the size of your list. A list of 100,000 means nothing if there dead emails. I list of 10,000 with a 40% constant CTR would be much more valuable.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7800263].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author entry

      but it depends on how this list was made, the traffic source, how warm the list is, and other things mentioned by others.

      Are you offering other people to purchase solo ads from your list?

      is this just to provide you another income stream?

      Signature
      I Have to say a Massive...THANK YOU to every Warrior who has helped me, and thanks to every warrior who helps me in the future...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7800334].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tsx
        Thanks guys. Can you throw some numbers around? For a real, clean email list, with lets say 2% click through rate, what rate should I expect to pay for a solo ad?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7800436].message }}
        • Are you trying to provide this service or looking for someone that offers it?
          Signature

          Join A Top Affiliate Program About Penny Stock Trading: Earn 50% Commissions!

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7800471].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author entry
            Originally Posted by beatstockpromoters View Post

            Are you trying to provide this service or looking for someone that offers it?
            Perhaps he is looking for ways to make more money,
            Signature
            I Have to say a Massive...THANK YOU to every Warrior who has helped me, and thanks to every warrior who helps me in the future...
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7800479].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author tsx
            In the future both. Right now neither. I am just trying to understand the IM market better. In the stock market niche, we charge $10,000 per email blast to a real email list with 100,000 real investors, who provide full name, net worth, etc. That might be too high though for the IM niche. In the stock market niche, the click through rate depends on what offer/opportunity you send out. A good opportunity will get a lot more clicks than a run of the mill news release.

            Originally Posted by beatstockpromoters View Post

            Are you trying to provide this service or looking for someone that offers it?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7800505].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author FirstSocialApps
          Originally Posted by tsx View Post

          Thanks guys. Can you throw some numbers around? For a real, clean email list, with lets say 2% click through rate, what rate should I expect to pay for a solo ad?
          Again as I said. Generally you dont charge per email for solo ads, you charge per click. IE Ill send you 100 clicks for $60. How many emails you have to send out to generate that 100 clicks is irrelevant.

          Here is a fairly popular directory of solo ad providers.

          Reed Floren's Solo Ad Directory

          Check out some of the providers and what they charge. Normally between $50 and $75 per 100 clicks. Also notice that as I said when people hire you they will pay for the number of clicks they want. So its not "Ill send out 100K emails with a 2% CTR" its ill get you 300 clicks for $150.

          Hope that helps

          PS) If your list is only getting 2% CTR its not a good list.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7800590].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author tsx
            Thank you. I have seen many people offering solo ads on that basis. It might work. I would have to be very strict though on selecting clients, to make sure they have a good offer to mail out.

            With our lists, the great value lies in the type of subscribers we have. There are very high net worth individuals, worth over $500K each. So with 2,000 clicks the email reaches at least $1Billion in net worth.

            The click through is lower in the stock market mail outs because all communications are strictly regulated and we are not allowed to recommend any specific investment. We can only make people aware of it, but cannot endorse it. Only financial advisers are allowed to do that after careful evaluation of the financial situation of the investor on a one by one individual basis. What we do is to make the latest news available to the investors for consideration.

            The IM niche the situation is much more relaxed and list owner can in fact endorse and recommend a specific product (as long as it is not an investment). We would expect a much higher click through rate.

            Originally Posted by FirstSocialApps View Post

            Again as I said. Generally you dont charge per email for solo ads, you charge per click. IE Ill send you 100 clicks for $60. How many emails you have to send out to generate that 100 clicks is irrelevant.

            Here is a fairly popular directory of solo ad providers.

            Reed Floren's Solo Ad Directory

            Check out some of the providers and what they charge. Normally between $50 and $75 per 100 clicks. Also notice that as I said when people hire you they will pay for the number of clicks they want. So its not "Ill send out 100K emails with a 2% CTR" its ill get you 300 clicks for $150.

            Hope that helps

            PS) If your list is only getting 2% CTR its not a good list.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7800747].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author AndrewBris
              tsx, could I ask you how and where you got those stock market email leads? Do company's actually buy that high of an email blast often? Thanks.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7939960].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lucidbs
    Originally Posted by tsx View Post

    I am not sure if this the right place to post this, however I am not sure what Internet Marketers are used to paying for solo ads, how much should I expect to pay? Thank you.
    Normally, I'd consider the following before committing a solo purchase:

    1. double optin?
    2. how to get email? web form? email swap? Social media?

    For the first time test run, I would always negotiate a PPC rate instead of paying on a volume basis. A non responsive 1 million email blasts means nothing. If you have a converting offer, you can also offer a certain % of the revenue with the list owners after you get the stats for a cheaper blast down the road.

    Hope this helps.
    Toby
    Signature

    Revolutionary WP Plugin Helps You Acquire, Manage, Showcase Your Reviews In a One-time 15 Minute Setup. Attract Facebook Viral Traffic Passively. Click here to learn more.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7800484].message }}

Trending Topics