Sales Funnel Question

26 replies
Hey Warriors,
I'm going to create a three step sales funnel and would like to get your opinions to make sure I'm not missing any of the pieces. I mainly wanted to get feedback on the mechanics of the process. Your input will be greatly appreciated!

Step one: Will be Craigslist ads. Both text and image ads will be used and have a clickable link (Which will send visitors to my primary domain)
Q?- Not real sure how to make a "Click Here" button on the ads. Don't want to have an URL visible, want to mask it with a button.

Step two: Once the link is clicked it takes the viewer to my primary domain which will be a YouTube Video. Need to imbed/ad another clickable link (Either in the video or in the description box or both) Again, not sure of the mechanics of this.

Step three: The link on the video/description box needs to drive the viewer to a hoplink (Again I want to mask the link somehow, not crazy about those tiny url or bit.ly links either) This will lead viewer to final destination.
Q?- I believe I need to set-up a redirect on my cpanel from my primary domain "step two" to the hoplink but would like confirmation please.

I understand this is kind of sales funnel 101 stuff but I have yet to do it quite this way and want to make sure I'm wrapped around this.

Thanks,

Bill
#funnel #question #sales
  • Profile picture of the author proguy7
    Just one thing about a youtube video, I would be careful because a prospective customer can always click the "youtube" button to go back to youtube.

    Before you know it, they are watching other videos and have forgotten about your site!
    Signature
    www.roulettegod.com
    Roulette Strategy From A Professional Player.
    Number/pattern system do not work...interested to learn how a professional gambler has been winning for years?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7811655].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author redoak98012
      Good Point, maybe I'll put the video on a WordPress Site

      Originally Posted by proguy7 View Post

      Just one thing about a youtube video, I would be careful because a prospective customer can always click the "youtube" button to go back to youtube.

      Before you know it, they are watching other videos and have forgotten about your site!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7812025].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author khooster1
      I strongly agreed on this. You can direct your traffic to YouTube after they opt-in. So that you can continue to sell in your follow-up messages.


      Originally Posted by proguy7 View Post

      Just one thing about a youtube video, I would be careful because a prospective customer can always click the "youtube" button to go back to youtube.

      Before you know it, they are watching other videos and have forgotten about your site!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7812190].message }}
    • Originally Posted by proguy7 View Post

      Just one thing about a youtube video, I would be careful because a prospective customer can always click the "youtube" button to go back to youtube.

      Before you know it, they are watching other videos and have forgotten about your site!
      If it must be Youtube you can use a plugin like TrafficPlayer to block the click. Other option most of my clients use is Amazons3 then they can't leave your site you just need a player to embed like a JW Player for example.
      Signature
      soon people... Relax...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7830284].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Warrior X
    Might want to add an email capture step in there somewhere
    Signature
    #1 In WHITEBOARD VIDEOS - Great Way To Tell Your Story!
    Available Here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7811840].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brad Berry
    how about using tinyurl for shortening the hoplink in the YouTube video description box, I suggest to put the hoplink in the first line of the video description box to make sure it is visible without making people to click the "read more" because some people just want to see the product quickly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7812049].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paul nicholls
    don't forget to set up your external annotations within your youtube videos so that you can create clickable links from actually within your video going to another website that you own of your own choice.

    I did a post about it here showing how to set it up

    Paul
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7812068].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author redoak98012
      Thanks for information Paul!

      I read your blog post where you point out that a clickable link within the video can still be used as long as it leads to a site I own. The problem is that I will be directing people to an affiliate site so it sounds like this will not work.

      Can you still put a hoplink to an affiliate site in the description box? Also what about putting a message in the video that tells people to make sure and click the link below? (In description box)

      It's always great getting feedback from others, helps shorten the learning curve!

      Originally Posted by paul nicholls View Post

      don't forget to set up your external annotations within your youtube videos so that you can create clickable links from actually within your video going to another website that you own of your own choice.

      I did a post about it here showing how to set it up

      Paul
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7812331].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yakim1
        Originally Posted by redoak98012 View Post

        Thanks for information Paul!

        I read your blog post where you point out that a clickable link within the video can still be used as long as it leads to a site I own. The problem is that I will be directing people to an affiliate site so it sounds like this will not work.

        You can use a redirect that goes to your site and then redirects to the affiliate program link. That's a good reason why you should be redirecting from your domain instead of using these tiny url services.

        You can also redirect through your tracker which will track your hits.

        That is what the software that I will be sending will do.

        I hope this is helpful,
        Steve Yakim
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7812972].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author redoak98012
          Yes, very helpful...thank you!
          Will you PM me or Post the software on this thread?

          Originally Posted by yakim1 View Post

          You can use a redirect that goes to your site and then redirects to the affiliate program link. That's a good reason why you should be redirecting from your domain instead of using these tiny url services.

          You can also redirect through your tracker which will track your hits.

          That is what the software that I will be sending will do.

          I hope this is helpful,
          Steve Yakim
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7813104].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cyber Star
    Sorry mate but I am not here to help with your current problem.
    I understand that you are using sales funnel like this:
    Craigslist ads > Youtube > product page

    I just want to tell you an alternative way to make sales page if your product can be more appealing by using picture, instead of video, which is basically the same, except video is low res, need time to load, and some people don't like ad noise. My other solution is tumblr.
    Craigslist ads > Tumblr > product page
    I have Product Reviews tumblr page linking to an affiliate product. I've already got a girl-gaming themed tumblr page with 700 followers in 30 days (i dont follow anyone), about 1,000 page-views a day.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7812113].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Warrior X
      Originally Posted by Cyber Star View Post

      I have Product Reviews tumblr page linking to an affiliate product. I've already got a girl-gaming themed tumblr page with 700 followers in 30 days (i dont follow anyone), about 1,000 page-views a day.
      How many sales has that led to?
      Signature
      #1 In WHITEBOARD VIDEOS - Great Way To Tell Your Story!
      Available Here
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7812120].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Cyber Star
        Originally Posted by Warrior X View Post

        How many sales has that led to?
        umm ... teen-girl gaming niche has a low competitor, but also low customer rate. from 1000 traffic, less than 200 plays the demo game, and 2% - 8% convert to buy the premium game. :p
        I have a WordPress blog to write a product review, which basically is a game review.
        maybe I can improve my sales by writing a better game review, which is easy to read for teen girl.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7853366].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author redoak98012
      Thanks for your input CS. Although I've heard of Tumblr I'm not familiar with what the site is used for or it's benefits, I'll look into it. For what I'm doing a video is the best way to create the social proof and trust needed to get the viewer to advance to the final page.

      Originally Posted by Cyber Star View Post

      Sorry mate but I am not here to help with your current problem.
      I understand that you are using sales funnel like this:
      Craigslist ads > Youtube > product page

      I just want to tell you an alternative way to make sales page if your product can be more appealing by using picture, instead of video, which is basically the same, except video is low res, need time to load, and some people don't like ad noise. My other solution is tumblr.
      Craigslist ads > Tumblr > product page
      I have Product Reviews tumblr page linking to an affiliate product. I've already got a girl-gaming themed tumblr page with 700 followers in 30 days (i dont follow anyone), about 1,000 page-views a day.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7812174].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yakim1
    Why not use an auto refresh redirect. I have a simple software that I give away for free. but I'm not at home now and don't know the download link to the software.

    pm me if you want it so I will remember to post the download link.

    If you used a squeeze page to get access to the video you would be able to build a list.

    Best regards,
    Steve Yakim
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7812127].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author redoak98012
      Yakim.... Thanks so much for your offer, I will PM you on this! The videos only job is to get people to the 3rd step. I need to make getting to the last step as easy as possible, This is why the opt in is actually part of the 3rd step. A little hard to explain but there's a very specific reason for this.

      Originally Posted by yakim1 View Post

      Why not use an auto refresh redirect. I have a simple software that I give away for free. but I'm not at home now and don't know the download link to the software.

      pm me if you want it so I will remember to post the download link.

      If you used a squeeze page to get access to the video you would be able to build a list.

      Best regards,
      Steve Yakim
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7812197].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yakim1
    I was not at home when I said I would give you guys my EZ-Redirect Generator software. I use to use it every day. I have made a much bigger program that I use that has a redirect module in it, so I almost forgot I had this thing.

    Here is the link to my squeeze page for this Redirect Generator...

    Squeeze Page Secrets Explained!

    Here is the link to the zip file so you don't have to join my list if you don't want...

    http://EZasMagic.com/EZ-RedirectGen.zip

    There are instructions on the generator. The Generator makes html code for the redirect. Copy that code an paste it in a notepad file. Then save the file as htm instead of txt.

    I always put all my redirects in the same folder on my website. I always named the folder 'r', which stands for redirects. This way I know where all my redirects are.

    When you same the file as htm instead of txt, save it using the title or part of the title of the product you are redirecting to. This way when you have to locate a redirect to reuse you will know by the name of the file. Upload that file to the 'r' folder on your server.

    An example of a redirect that promoted some kind of hotdog cooker might look like this...

    http://YourDomain.com/r/HotDog.htm

    So, the name of the redirect file that the generator created for you in this example would be HotDog.htm.

    When you use the sample link above it would end up at the hotdog cooker sales letter.

    The squeeze page link gives several reasons why you should redirect through your own domain.

    Let me know if you have any questions.

    Best regards,
    Steve Yakim
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7814310].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yakim1
    I understand that people who are just beginning to build their list want to get the traffic to the money page. My thought process on this is...

    Why would anyone pull out their wallet and pay for a product that I recommend if they are not willing to give me their name and email address that does not cost them anything.

    So as a Master List Builder, I always get them on my list before sending them to the money page. Once I have them on my list, I can promote to them until they unsubscribe.

    My #1 Rule is...

    Everything I do online must in someway build my list. My lists are the foundation of my business.

    Best regards,
    Steve Yakim
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7814392].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author redoak98012
      All of your thoughts, inputs, and suggestions are very much appreciated today. Best to you all
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7814839].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Troy_Phillips
    Originally Posted by redoak98012 View Post

    Hey Warriors,
    I'm going to create a three step sales funnel and would like to get your opinions to make sure I'm not missing any of the pieces. I mainly wanted to get feedback on the mechanics of the process. Your input will be greatly appreciated!

    Step one: Will be Craigslist ads. Both text and image ads will be used and have a clickable link (Which will send visitors to my primary domain)
    Q?- Not real sure how to make a "Click Here" button on the ads. Don't want to have an URL visible, want to mask it with a button.

    Step two: Once the link is clicked it takes the viewer to my primary domain which will be a YouTube Video. Need to imbed/ad another clickable link (Either in the video or in the description box or both) Again, not sure of the mechanics of this.

    Step three: The link on the video/description box needs to drive the viewer to a hoplink (Again I want to mask the link somehow, not crazy about those tiny url or bit.ly links either) This will lead viewer to final destination.
    Q?- I believe I need to set-up a redirect on my cpanel from my primary domain "step two" to the hoplink but would like confirmation please.

    I understand this is kind of sales funnel 101 stuff but I have yet to do it quite this way and want to make sure I'm wrapped around this.

    Thanks,

    Bill
    This is not really a sales funnel It is a promotional funnel(or at least a leg of one) that leads to a hop link. Never go to the hop link before the email capture ... or at least that is my take on it.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7814964].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lucidbs
    I second to that email capture. Maybe if it's appropriate to capture cell number, you can sms them using twillo too?
    Signature

    Revolutionary WP Plugin Helps You Acquire, Manage, Showcase Your Reviews In a One-time 15 Minute Setup. Attract Facebook Viral Traffic Passively. Click here to learn more.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7815487].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author redoak98012
      Troy,

      You are correct, it is a lead capture funnel. The third step is where the visitors contact info is captured (among other things) and then a follow up call is made where the sale is closed.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7816433].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yakim1
    In my opinion, there is no such thing as a lead capture funnel! The beginning of a sales funnel begins with you putting as many people into the funnel as possible. The very first step is to get people onto your list by offering a low cost or better yet a no cost product.

    This is with the idea that the visitor must join your list in order to get to your offer. A sales funnel has everything to do with building a list. because if you are not building a list, you don't even have a way to easily contact your buyers with out using spam.

    The whole idea of the sales funnel is to be able to promote higher and higher priced products to the people in your funnel until they get out of your funnel.

    So the first page to your funnel must always be some kind of lead capture page.

    It it is not, your are trying to reinvent the wheel and will not be near as successful because the current system is a proven system.

    I hope this helps,
    Steve Yakim
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7830015].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Evocess
    I just want to suggest that instead of going to your youtube video why don't land them first in your landing and get their emails then give them value (in return). After that you can now promote your video as well your products.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7853464].message }}

Trending Topics