This video is 8 minutes long. Now, you might think this is a bit long, but read
Those who watched the entire 8 minute video converted to sales at 1:54,
vs 1:92 for those who did NOT watch the entire video.
Now, I took that same video and added over 20 more minutes to it.
Yes - a 30 minute video for a product review.
- Those people who do not watch the entire video convert to sales at 1:69.
- Those people who do watch the entire video convert at 1:11
- 70% of my sales came from those who watched the entire 30 minute video.
I used the same ppc campaign for all of this, so the traffic was equally
So, here's some random thoughts I have on this:
- Video is no different then any other sales copy. When asked "who reads
all of that copy", Dan Kennedy's reply: buyers do.
- having all the extra copy in the video increased sales regardless
of whether or not it was actually watched completely.
- I did not lose any sales by going with longer copy, I sold a LOT more.
So, here's the big question:
Who are YOU going to try to accomodate?
The serious buyers, or the "not likely to buy"?