What should I do with articles?

19 replies
I have a few articles that I don't want to send to my subscribers and I'm wondering what to do with them? Should I submit them to article directories or ask someone else to publish them in their newsletter or blog or...??? Should I create videos/slideshows from these articles?
#articles
  • Profile picture of the author CDawson
    Banned
    If you can submit them to other websites in your niche with a link, that would probably be your best bet. If not, you could submit them to the directories or make a link wheel with them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7841086].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brad Berry
    wait, why don't you just send it to your subscriber? even if you submit it to an article directories, we know it is not very effective anymore. If you want to find someone who will buy your article, I wonder how will you find that person. I think you should just save it, until you have run out of idea, then you can post it your subscriber.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7841095].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CDawson
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Brad Berry View Post

      wait, why don't you just send it to your subscriber? even if you submit it to an article directories, we know it is not very effective anymore. If you want to find someone who will buy your article, I wonder how will you find that person. I think you should just save it, until you have run out of idea, then you can post it your subscriber.
      Who said article directories weren't effective? There are some people that still rely on them today. It's all about doing it the right way.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7841098].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Originally Posted by sivricmarijan View Post

        I'm wondering what to do with them?
        If they're of good enough quality, and relevant enough to your business and your visitors/subscribers, to publish them on your own site/blog, then I'd do that first, whatever else you might decide to do with them later.

        If they're not, then it doesn't really much matter what you use them for anyway, I think? :confused:

        Originally Posted by Brad Berry View Post

        even if you submit it to an article directories, we know it is not very effective anymore.
        Whether article directories are "effective" depends on what you try to use them for: if you use them for their intended purpose, then they're very highly effective indeed, probably more so now than ever before.

        If you try to misuse them for their own traffic and/or for their own backlinks, as many people do who don't understand how they work, then of course they're a waste of time.

        http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post5068872

        Originally Posted by CDawson View Post

        Who said article directories weren't effective? There are some people that still rely on them today. It's all about doing it the right way.
        This. Exactly.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7841113].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Lucian Lada
          Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

          If they're of good enough quality, and relevant enough to your business and your visitors/subscribers, to publish them on your own site/blog, then I'd do that first, whatever else you might decide to do with them later.
          Would you trade the SEO benefits resulting from having the article published first on your website for targeted traffic coming from a 50,000-subscriber newsletter in your niche? I'm not talking offering an article just for them, but let them have it published first.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7841229].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
            Banned
            Originally Posted by Lucian Lada View Post

            Would you trade the SEO benefits resulting from having the article published first on your website for targeted traffic coming from a 50,000-subscriber newsletter in your niche? I'm not talking offering an article just for them, but let them have it published first.
            I'd want to know the open-rate and responsiveness of those alleged 50,000 subscribers, and talk independently to other people who had done that in the same place about their experiences of it. It's something I've never done, but I'd probably be willing to consider it, if I were really satisfied that more benefits were genuinely more likely from doing that than from what I'd do instead of it.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7841271].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Lucian Lada
              Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

              I'd want to know the open-rate and responsiveness of those alleged 50,000 subscribers, and talk independently to other people who had done that in the same place about their experiences of it. It's something I've never done, but I'd probably be willing to consider it, if I were really satisfied that more benefits were genuinely more likely from doing that than from what I'd do instead of it.
              Hmmm, are those indexation rights so important? :confused: I really thought it would be a "no-brainer" and give them the rights to publish it first.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7841333].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
                Banned
                Originally Posted by Lucian Lada View Post

                Hmmm, are those indexation rights so important? :confused:
                To me, it isn't about only whether the initial indexation-rights are so important (I dare say they're not, for one individual article): it's more about the entire underlying principle of whether or not I'm willing to give someone previously unpublished content. Paul has made a number of posts on this subject, in earlier threads, explaining why he simply won't do it. I don't want to try to offer a filtered/second-hand summary of his thoughts on the subject, but I think those conversations will interest you, if you can find them (I can't, at the moment, I'm afraid ).

                Originally Posted by Lucian Lada View Post

                I really thought it would be a "no-brainer" and give them the rights to publish it first.
                Try it, if you want. For myself, I'd first want to know the open-rate and responsiveness of those alleged 50,000 subscribers, and to talk independently about their experiences of it to other people who had done that in the same place.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7841360].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Lucian Lada
                  After re-consulting with some threads dealing with this matter, and seeing other article marketers having their already published articles accepted despite this requirement, I've changed my mind: I will send them an already published article, and see what happens.

                  Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

                  The worst that can happen is that they'll reject it. End result? You don't have that article on that website - kind of like where you are now.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7841905].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author myob
                  Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

                  Paul has made a number of posts on this subject, in earlier threads, explaining why he simply won't do it.
                  There are a number of advantages for publishing new articles on your site first. Besides the SEO benefits as mentioned (which have no significance whatsoever in comparison to my syndication network), the leveraging potential extends far beyond "first indexation rights" to include increased credibility, authority, market positioning, more exposure for syndication, etc.

                  In my opinion, there is seldom any reason for offering first publication rights or unique "original content" to anyone. This link may be one of which Alexa may be referring to:
                  http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post5946526
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7842202].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author jenki1
                    I love to use good articles for to turn into video.
                    Use them also for article directories, have them re-written and use on your blog
                    or break up and drip feed to your subscribers and monetize them.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7842265].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
                      Banned
                      Originally Posted by jenki1 View Post

                      Use them also for article directories, have them re-written and use on your blog
                      No - sorry, but this one part of what you've said really isn't right at all. Two important things to be aware of, here ...

                      (i) Always publish them on your own blog/site first and have them indexed there before submitting them anywhere else (so that your site, not someone else's, is the beneficiary of the accumulated initial indexations), and ...

                      (ii) Don't have two different versions (one re-written from the other) on your blog and in article directories, but use exactly the same copy in both places (with the addition of just a resource-box, for the directory), because otherwise you're effectively giving an article directory initial indexation-rights to previously unpublished content, clearly not something you'd ever want to do (for all the reasons explained throughout this thread: http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...marketing.html ).

                      In other words, take the original for yourself and let the directory have only a syndicated copy: http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post5068872

                      Originally Posted by jenki1 View Post

                      or break up and drip feed to your subscribers and monetize them.
                      Yes - very useful way of re-using the material, here: certainly worth doing.
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7842322].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jachu2
    Publish articles on your blog or website. Submit them to ezine articles, squidoo, hubpages etc to try get some free traffic. There is lots you can do with quality articles.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7841170].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cwonsley
    There are a number of things that you can do. You could join groups on Facebook that is connected to your articles and post them there. You could submit them to article directories. Be a guest blogger on a popular blog site that pertains to your niche. Post them on Webn 2.0 sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7857039].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KrisN
    Depending on the quality of the articles the best bet would be to publish them as guest posts on someones blog with a backlink to your site.
    Signature

    My journey to 1000 subscribers: Detailed Success - Traffic -> Subscribers -> Sales

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7859257].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aerm85
    There are two excelletn options>
    1) Send to several directories
    2) Make a Video and Podcast talking about your articles.
    If you see you will multiply the same information for three!!!

    Best Regards
    Signature

    Please do not use affiliate links in signatures

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7859435].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sysbase
    I would publish them somehow make a site around them or put them up on squidoo. I'm sure there some way that you could use them to make some money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7859478].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nitesh
    You can use these articles for article marketing.
    You can use these articles to create a new ebook.
    Lastly you can also sell these articles to earn some quick money.
    Signature

    Are you in need of Best Video Production Services? 2D and 3d Animation specializes in all types of Video Creation Services such as 2D and 3D Animated Explainer Videos, Typography Videos, Whiteboard Videos, and Instructional Videos.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7859728].message }}

Trending Topics