Better than Textbroker or The Content Authority...

17 replies
I'm looking for some article writing options other than The Content Authority and Textbroker.

I've used The Content Authority for over a year (maybe longer) and they have been "OK." The last few orders were offensively bad though, so I am ready to quit them.

I decided to try Textbroker yesterday and I haven't received my first article yet and I want to quit them. They waited 24 hours before "calling to confirm" whatever crazy nonsense they need to confirm in order to write articles. Thanks for wasting a day. Thanks for calling the wrong number. Thanks for emailing me after your hours to tell me I need to call you tomorrow, and after you confirm my sock size, phone number, name of my kids...you will privilege me by assigning my articles to writers so I can wait another 24-48 hrs to receive them. Apparently my identity form the Pay Pal isn't enough for you. What am I buying secret gold here some simple articles?

</rant>

I'm fine with $6 for a 300 word level 3 article and all of that (not trying to penny pinch here) and I order small (only about 15-20 articles at a time) a few times a month...but I need fast turnaround first and foremost.

I hire out a ton on Elance and ODESK for everything else...and would normally go there, but asking one person to turn over 15-20 articles in 24-36 hours isn't going to happen. Not to mention when you hire out you spend most of your day answering questions from the people you hired, and my goal is to free up more time.

I read good and bad about 99centarticles. What else is there?
#authority #content #textbroker
  • Profile picture of the author ashloren
    I recommend trying zerys.com. Pay for a five star writer, it will be worth every penny. You can negotiate with writers on an individual basis, create a list of favorites based on their work and it's the best option I've found so far. Good luck!

    P.S. Even if you're an independent marketer, I suggest signing up for an agency account when you register. PM me for more details on why.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7880269].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NicolaTewhare
    Hi I recommend articlemarketingco.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7880299].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jesus Perez
    Originally Posted by Jason Dittberner View Post

    I'm looking for some article writing options other than The Content Authority and Textbroker.

    I've used The Content Authority for over a year (maybe longer) and they have been "OK." The last few orders were offensively bad though, so I am ready to quit them.

    I decided to try Textbroker yesterday and I haven't received my first article yet and I want to quit them. They waited 24 hours before "calling to confirm" whatever crazy nonsense they need to confirm in order to write articles. Thanks for wasting a day. Thanks for calling the wrong number. Thanks for emailing me after your hours to tell me I need to call you tomorrow, and after you confirm my sock size, phone number, name of my kids...you will privilege me by assigning my articles to writers so I can wait another 24-48 hrs to receive them. Apparently my identity form the Pay Pal isn't enough for you. What am I buying secret gold here some simple articles?

    </rant>

    I'm fine with $6 for a 300 word level 3 article and all of that (not trying to penny pinch here) and I order small (only about 15-20 articles at a time) a few times a month...but I need fast turnaround first and foremost.

    I hire out a ton on Elance and ODESK for everything else...and would normally go there, but asking one person to turn over 15-20 articles in 24-36 hours isn't going to happen. Not to mention when you hire out you spend most of your day answering questions from the people you hired, and my goal is to free up more time.

    I read good and bad about 99centarticles. What else is there?
    Textbroker quality at the 5 star level is amazing. I'm very happy after 4 orders. Signing up sucked, but that was a 1 time thing and they're only trying to prevent fraud.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7882699].message }}
  • Hi Jason,

    Thanks for the feedback about where you feel The Content Authority is letting you down.

    I have to say that at the Basic quality articles, which is what it looks like you have been ordering, will not produce content that is "Amazing" or anywhere close to Tier 5 at Texbroker or the top tiers of zerys. Basic content is meant for 2nd tier backlinks where quality is not so much important as the link it may deliver.

    With that said, if you are willing to test us out at our higher quality levels, Excelent or Expert OR even try our Direct Orders, I would be more than willing to give you $25.00 to do so.

    I hate to see you leave disappointed over something I believe can be remedied by ordering content at the right quality level.

    Regards,

    Shawn
    Signature
    Outsource to the experts...

    We customize your Blog, eBook, Press Release and Sale Copy content with your message.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7883071].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jason Dittberner
      Originally Posted by TheContentAuthority View Post

      Hi Jason,

      Thanks for the feedback about where you feel The Content Authority is letting you down.

      I have to say that at the Basic quality articles, which is what it looks like you have been ordering, will not produce content that is "Amazing" or anywhere close to Tier 5 at Texbroker or the top tiers of zerys. Basic content is meant for 2nd tier backlinks where quality is not so much important as the link it may deliver.

      With that said, if you are willing to test us out at our higher quality levels, Excelent or Expert OR even try our Direct Orders, I would be more than willing to give you $25.00 to do so.

      I hate to see you leave disappointed over something I believe can be remedied by ordering content at the right quality level.

      Regards,

      Shawn
      Thanks Shawn. Sorry I am just now seeing this. You'll also note that I have ordered a few orders since then.

      My biggest concern, with the OP, was the lack of consistency. I tried level 2 and it was worse than the normal level 1 stuff...which didn't make me too confident to try the upper levels.

      I'll still order some stuff from you all for tier 2 and tier 3 link building...I just had a bad run with a few people and got a little frustrated.

      Thanks to the other replies as well. Will check them out.
      Signature

      Connect with me on Twitter @jdittber

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8075812].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author twistedpixel
        I have been on the same mission to find a consistent content source.
        I tried many different services (except for Zerys - thanx for the tip!) , but end up staying with Content Authority because they've been 20% better than the rest. I've tried all levels of writers and found inconsistencies in quality, but realized the more I put into the "instructions" for each article, the better the return. I started providing source links, ideas for the article "topic" beyond the keywords, etc.

        I recently started blocking writers from future projects who had poor structure, spelling or obviously used spinning software. Hopefully this will reduce my editing and post work.

        From all my tests, I've settled on using level 2 for off-site (500 words) and level 3 (750 words) for on-site articles.

        I syndicate off-site articles to high PR Blogs and do monthly Press Releases which has enabled me to crush ALL competitors in every niche we've tackled.

        We get average of $2500/mo per SEO client, so I HAVE to deliver big results and appreciate these threads discussing "best of class" in outsourcing seo services
        Signature
        Looking for Affiliates to promote the "World's Best Tasting Protein Bar!" (according to customers)
        Health, Lifestyle, Exercise, etc. Publishers/List Owners get 15% for first sale and re-orders (lots of repeat sales) PM ME!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8075871].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author pokerdawg
          Originally Posted by twistedpixel View Post

          I have been on the same mission to find a consistent content source.
          I tried many different services (except for Zerys - thanx for the tip!) , but end up staying with Content Authority because they've been 20% better than the rest. I've tried all levels of writers and found inconsistencies in quality, but realized the more I put into the "instructions" for each article, the better the return. I started providing source links, ideas for the article "topic" beyond the keywords, etc.

          I recently started blocking writers from future projects who had poor structure, spelling or obviously used spinning software. Hopefully this will reduce my editing and post work.

          From all my tests, I've settled on using level 2 for off-site (500 words) and level 3 (750 words) for on-site articles.

          I syndicate off-site articles to high PR Blogs and do monthly Press Releases which has enabled me to crush ALL competitors in every niche we've tackled.

          We get average of $2500/mo per SEO client, so I HAVE to deliver big results and appreciate these threads discussing "best of class" in outsourcing seo services
          Great tips there ... I never thought about blocking writers. I haven't tried most of these networks - I've been using eLance writers and paying decent rates to them - $20 for 500 word articles - to get the best quality.

          I've had the $3 and $5 articles done ... for the hour it takes me to get it workable, it just isn't worth it. The $20 articles are damn near perfect the first time, take 2-3 minutes to edit, and I'm done.

          If I can get top tier from some other sites for $10 range, I'd be happy to try it out - but you're right:

          - Hire the best tier
          - Choose the right keywords
          - Give direction, such as details on the topic, the prospective to write from, etc.

          ... and for those using oDesk / eLance ...

          - SET MILESTONES! When I hire a new writer for 10 articles, I set 3 milestones:

          2 Articles, then
          3 articles, then
          5 articles

          I get the first 2 back. If they suck, I cancel the rest (and pay for the 2).

          If they need some "course correction" I give them a real MS Word redline version, let them see what I chance and why, and 95% of the time, then next 8 articles are spot-on.

          FWIW...
          Signature

          Ask me any questions, and I'll do what I can to help with search engine optimization, pay per click bid management and lead generation. Your Long Island advertising agency in New York.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8103842].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Kay King
            The thread is a couple months old but I remember I discounted it for this comment:

            I decided to try Textbroker yesterday and I haven't received my first article yet and I want to quit them.
            That is so demanding I can't even wrap my mind around it and a a later comment by the OP about not getting work completed in 24-48 hrs added more to that feeling.

            Struck me if you are hiring cheap work and expecting 24 hr results - you are asking for problems with quality.

            If I have a long term client with a rush job - I accommodate him. If a client needs frequent "can I get this early tomorrow" - I charge him double for the work and no one has yet had a problem with that - but they do plan better going forward. If a new client asks me to drop work scheduled because he has a "rush" - I tell him to find someone else.

            As a buyer of articles - no matter where you make your buys or what you pay you will get better/faster service if you become a repeat, reliable buyer.
            Signature
            Due to the current pandemic I will no longer be shaking hands or giving hugs. You may wave, bow to me or give me the finger...your choice.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8103937].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author LadyHoldem
              Textbroker, level 4, 24 hours to complete, works great for me.

              Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

              The thread is a couple months old but I remember I discounted it for this comment:



              That is so demanding I can't even wrap my mind around it and a a later comment by the OP about not getting work completed in 24-48 hrs added more to that feeling.

              Struck me if you are hiring cheap work and expecting 24 hr results - you are asking for problems with quality.

              If I have a long term client with a rush job - I accommodate him. If a client needs frequent "can I get this early tomorrow" - I charge him double for the work and no one has yet had a problem with that - but they do plan better going forward. If a new client asks me to drop work scheduled because he has a "rush" - I tell him to find someone else.

              As a buyer of articles - no matter where you make your buys or what you pay you will get better/faster service if you become a repeat, reliable buyer.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8276348].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author LadyHoldem
      Originally Posted by TheContentAuthority View Post

      Hi Jason,

      Thanks for the feedback about where you feel The Content Authority is letting you down.

      I have to say that at the Basic quality articles, which is what it looks like you have been ordering, will not produce content that is "Amazing" or anywhere close to Tier 5 at Texbroker or the top tiers of zerys. Basic content is meant for 2nd tier backlinks where quality is not so much important as the link it may deliver.

      With that said, if you are willing to test us out at our higher quality levels, Excelent or Expert OR even try our Direct Orders, I would be more than willing to give you $25.00 to do so.

      I hate to see you leave disappointed over something I believe can be remedied by ordering content at the right quality level.

      Regards,

      Shawn
      It wasn't really that cool of you to blast his order history on the forum.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8276343].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TimothyTorrents
    You can also try Textmaster.com, Warriors for Hire, or me, lol.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7883140].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hugger38
    Purecontent.com for a more traditional approach. They are one of the originals and have been about for years. Fast response times as you get a dedicated account manager. No Interfaces!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7885714].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author opalfx
    man that would be the best contractor if they could write that many articles in 36 hours. that sounds like a cool challenge. it's definitely doable depending on the subjct.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8075943].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Devin X
    Banned
    Have you tried iWriter?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8103951].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lofiegos
    I have used textbroker with no problem at all. Very reliable service
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8104007].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bluebagger
    If you are after fast turnaround times, try i-writer. At the premium and elite levels the quality is a lot better than the standard level. If you don't like what they submit you can always reject it, so you only pay when you are happy with the article
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8105974].message }}

Trending Topics