First 7 Days on Kindle... ==> Encouraging Results!

by vtotheyouknow 14 replies
Kindle Success- "See what had happened was..."

  1. I Published 2 eBooks on Kindle, one book in the Six Pack Abs niche, the other in the Seduction niche
  2. Did a 5-day 'free' promotion for each book
  3. 7 days later, $34.98 royalties earned (and some opt-ins on the respective websites..)

Who knows if this income will increase, dwindle or remain steady. I suppose that depends on how much love I put into it. Still... these are encouraging results.

Now it's clear to me, whence this allure for kindle publishing..?

Cuz it's easy as fizzle!!

Bravo to the folks at Amazon...they make publishing your own books online an elegant process...

[B]Thoughts? Advices?
#main internet marketing discussion forum #&gt #> #days #encouraging #kindle #results
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Sandra Martinez
    If you started like this, I think it will grow on time. Amazon has a great internal system that pushes winning books up (and losing books down...)

    My non fiction book has been growing in sales steadily, and the niche is small. Got my first deposit this month, around 30 bucks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7921631].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
      Vic, first off, congrats on getting going and seeing some results. Well done, now keep it going.

      Second, you might want to back off on the wild formatting. Some might mistake it for a sales letter and report it without reading.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7921664].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Evocess
    Hey Vic,

    Firstly, let me congratulate you for your achievements in just 7 days.
    Well your total earning will definitely be increasing as long as you got to do what you gonna do.

    Amazon is really good source of income.

    Keep it up buddy!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7921683].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Gonzosan
      Good luck man. I have a free ebook on Kindle and have been getting a consistent 20-30 downloads per week since it's been online in October of last year. I hope to have similar results when I create a few more ebooks for sale soon.

      Also, don't limit yourself to just Amazon. I suggest uploading it to multiple distributors using places like lulu.com or smashwords.com. You'll be able to reach a bigger audience that way.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7921691].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author johnmags
        Originally Posted by Gonzosan View Post

        Good luck man. I have a free ebook on Kindle and have been getting a consistent 20-30 downloads per week since it's been online in October of last year. I hope to have similar results when I create a few more ebooks for sale soon.

        Also, don't limit yourself to just Amazon. I suggest uploading it to multiple distributors using places like lulu.com or smashwords.com. You'll be able to reach a bigger audience that way.
        Are you saying to distribute the same ebook in Amazon to these networks.? Is this allowed in Amazon?
        Signature


        Professional Content Writer for Hire
        Interested? Shoot me a PM
        Work Sample Here
        Real Estate CDO blog
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7923841].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Gram
    $35 and some opt-ins is certainly better than nothing so that's a good start for sure.

    Now, if you want to make some big money (unless you are just going for a little passive affiliate income) it's time to start promoting and marketing your books and brand because that is where the big profits are.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7921703].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BamaGuy
    Congrats on the earnings. Take the time to put out good quality books and you can easily increase your monthly income. Set a goal in mind to have X amount of good quality books published by the end of 2013. This way you are not relying on 2 books to make you money. If possible, put a link in for an affiliate product that is related to your niche.

    Good luck.
    Signature

    Affiliate templates are not allowed in signatures

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7921715].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author vtotheyouknow
      I think affiliate links aren't allowed in Kindle books (and frankly, it's kind of tacky). But I do have links back to the respective websites with a nice opt in bribe and follow up emails that promote good related aff products.

      It seems to me that even if you don't want to get into the Kindle game, you could really boost your personal brand and authority in your niche if you publish a book. Even if it's a small one.

      Originally Posted by BamaGuy View Post

      Congrats on the earnings. Take the time to put out good quality books and you can easily increase your monthly income. Set a goal in mind to have X amount of good quality books published by the end of 2013. This way you are not relying on 2 books to make you money. If possible, put a link in for an affiliate product that is related to your niche.

      Good luck.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7922592].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Pradeep Bhagwat
        Hi,

        First I congrats you for your success. I think you are going to rock.

        But I want to caution you to take care little. I have also published few books and got some sells and it was really going good, but suddenly I got email from Amazon stating that prove that my published books are written by me! For that they asked to submit where I have published that content before (On my website). I had created that books by searching all the web and I published it at Amazon only. That is why I could not submit the proof and they deleted my books from my account. I was so disappointed that I never publish any book after that.

        - Pradeep
        Signature
        FREE GIFT! Finally Discover How To Create Your Very Own Hot Selling Information Product In The Next 7 Days or Less.Subscribe at my blog : PradeepBhagwat.com
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7922649].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author benzwm02
    Originally Posted by vtotheyouknow View Post

    Kindle Success- "See what had happened was..."

    1. I Published 2 eBooks on Kindle, one book in the Six Pack Abs niche, the other in the Seduction niche
    2. Did a 5-day 'free' promotion for each book
    3. 7 days later, $34.98 royalties earned (and some opt-ins on the respective websites..)

    Who knows if this income will increase, dwindle or remain steady. I suppose that depends on how much love I put into it. Still... these are encouraging results.

    Now it's clear to me, whence this allure for kindle publishing..?

    Cuz it's easy as fizzle!!

    Bravo to the folks at Amazon...they make publishing your own books online an elegant process...

    [B]Thoughts? Advices?

    Great job man.

    Indie publishing is really becoming the future of getting your message and brand out there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7923245].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jakejoh10
    Congrats on the success!

    I'm thinking about going the Kindle route in the health and fitness niche as well. It's good to see someone doing the same and having success.

    Keep up the good work!

    Jake
    Signature
    If you have any fitness or nutrition related issues, head over to
    JJStrength for tips on getting fit and staying healthy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7923258].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author t3cn1c0
    I don't know the exact details of how you came up with the ebooks you published. But I guess, the next phase should be slowly scaling up the system you made. Since you were able to get results on your current process, you can start outsourcing the part that can be outsourced and manage the whole process from business perspective.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7923267].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author teqqy
      I knww someone who made good money with uploading eBooks like you are doing, it becomes a number's game at a certain point in terms of increasing revenue earned by the sales.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7923404].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics