I see a lot of threads where folks have spent huge sums on training courses, mentoring and training products.. Im curious to know if there are any 'boot-strappers' out there, who get by on free information alone?
I cruise the forum to glean info, use the search function for specific enquiries - and sometimes cross-check the info online. Sometimes I chat to likeminded warriors on skype to share general IM info. This seems to see me through ok, but Ive always been an independent kind of person.
I do invest in my business, but it's mainly for tools. Here is what I have spent money on over the past two years:
- Adobe Creative Suite Subscription (£15.00GBP per month - Teacher Concession)
- Aweber Autoresponder ($19.00 per month)
- Hosting & Domain (£37.00GBP per year)
One Off Purchases:
- TweetAdder (One off fee, 5 profiles $74.00USD)
- Blue Yeti Podcast Mic (£100.00GBP)
- Premium Wordpress Theme ($37.00USD)
- OptimizePress Theme (£97.00GBP)
..And that's pretty much it! My main investment has been time of course, but us freelance artists don't have a great deal of expendable income to throw around
Look forward to hearing your thoughts