Where to find Kindle Writers ?

14 replies
I have finally figured out that Kindle Publishing is hot ! I have purchased 1-2 Kindle related WSO. The strategy was to turn PLR to kindle. I don't like that idea and i think that Kindle is banning such kind of content.

Do I just research a niche and look for a writer on freelance websites ? Is there a better strategy or any other places to find good writers ?

Thanks for any suggestion
#find #kindle #writers
  • Profile picture of the author betterwtveter
    I found my writer on Fiverr, but check out the reviews first and test and see what works best with you and see if you can privately hire them outside of Fiverr, that is what I have done.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7955258].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SandraLarkin
    Banned
    Have you tried odesk and the freelancing sites?


    You can hire a writer to put together an ebook for you with no problem.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7955295].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wesd22
      Drop a dollar on the sidewalk and wait 5 seconds.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7955308].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by freotech View Post

    The strategy was to turn PLR to kindle. I don't like that idea and i think that Kindle is banning such kind of content.
    Yes indeed.

    If people are selling WSO's whose method revolves around breaching Kindle's terms of service, please report their WSO posts, using the red triangle in the bottom left-hand corner of the sales post, saying something like "I think this method breaches Kindle's TOS" in the "report box" and give the moderators the opportunity to decide whether some action is indicated over it (I suspect it may be, from what you say!). It won't help you to get a refund (have you asked?) but it may protect other Warriors.

    It's also possible to leave a polite but clear review comment in the WSO thread concerned stating that in your opinion the method isn't legitimate and involves breaching Kindle's TOS. This can also help others here, if you will.

    Originally Posted by freotech View Post

    Do I just research a niche and look for a writer on freelance websites ? Is there a better strategy or any other places to find good writers ?
    There are many writers here who can produce books for Kindle.

    The "Warriors For Hire" forum is one place to look: Warriors For Hire

    Here are three very good Warrior writers who do e-books, etc., for a start - and there are plenty more, too (I'm not one of them) ...

    Professional Article Writer, Web Content Writer and Blogger (James Logan - View Profile: LetsGoViral )

    Zabrina: Quality Articles Every Time! (Zabrina - View Profile: Zabrina )

    Ebooks - Engaging, interesting, well-researched - and your name as author (Rose Anderson - View Profile: Rose Anderson )
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7955315].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JSL Publishing
    We can help you if you want to JV to get your WSO published on Kindle, or Amazon. Send me a PM and we can talk.

    Good Luck

    Originally Posted by freotech View Post

    I have finally figured out that Kindle Publishing is hot ! I have purchased 1-2 Kindle related WSO. The strategy was to turn PLR to kindle. I don't like that idea and i think that Kindle is banning such kind of content.

    Do I just research a niche and look for a writer on freelance websites ? Is there a better strategy or any other places to find good writers ?

    Thanks for any suggestion
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7955698].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MartinPlatt
    You don't have to use PLR directly, you can re-write it, split it up and expand upon it.

    Even if you outsource this work, you still have to ensure that the quality is there, so you will need to know what the process is first so that you can manage it.
    Signature

    Martin Platt

    martin-platt.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7955712].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Gram
    Oh my, definitely don't use PLR. Don't even start with PLR and re-write it. Why start with regurgitated "junk" that a million other people also have? Bad idea, especially on the Kindle.

    Fiverr for writers is not good either, not even close.

    You could either write a book yourself or find a reputable writer from Odesk or elsewhere but make sure they are REPUTABLE...many are not.

    Ask to see their samples, make sure they sign a contract that states everything they write for you will be 100% unique and you will own it and it can't be used anywhere else.

    Most people get burned when outsourcing their writing. You won't find a good writer for your book for under $500 either, you'll have to pay for reputation and most importantly, quality.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7955763].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author vtotheyouknow
      +1.

      Writing a book is tough. Writing a good book is really hard! Especially if you're asked to write on a topic you're not familiar with. $500 for a book that potentially brings you income month after month is a fair trade in my world.

      Originally Posted by Paul Gram View Post

      Oh my, definitely don't use PLR. Don't even start with PLR and re-write it. Why start with regurgitated "junk" that a million other people also have? Bad idea, especially on the Kindle.

      Fiverr for writers is not good either, not even close.

      You could either write a book yourself or find a reputable writer from Odesk or elsewhere but make sure they are REPUTABLE...many are not.

      Ask to see their samples, make sure they sign a contract that states everything they write for you will be 100% unique and you will own it and it can't be used anywhere else.

      Most people get burned when outsourcing their writing. You won't find a good writer for your book for under $500 either, you'll have to pay for reputation and most importantly, quality.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7956705].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author travlinguy
    Some of the sites mentioned might work for you and they might not. This gal is a sure thing and she's right here Rose Anderson

    Not only that but she has a sale going on 20,000-word ghostwritten ebooks right now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7955776].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seobro
    I have found some great writers on FIVERR, so please pm me. There are approx nine we can rec. Most are very pro. Quality is high at a nice price.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7956257].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7956294].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sherrill R
    Try:
    freelancer.com
    odesk.com
    elance.com

    Or just google: "freelance writer"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7956354].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jchengery
    Hello freotech,

    As mentioned by others, there are plenty of places to find good writers- it will take some diligence on your part to find them and test them to ensure they can write at a high quality. I know I found some quality writers on both Elance and ODesk.

    You have to make sure the quality of the writing is up there- good, fluent English and quality information that isn't rehashed (i.e. passes Copyscape, etc.). That will take time and some money to accomplish.

    Hope this helps- good luck!

    Thank you to everyone for the great information on Kindle writers- I always keep an eye out for good Kindle writers- now I have some more options to consider! :-)

    Take care,

    Joe Chengery
    Signature

    My free ebook on pancreatic cancer: http://ow.ly/nPVhm Let's help my friend Courtney Reagan strike out cancer!

    Are you WORRIED about what wheat is doing to your waistline and your health? You SHOULD be! http://ow.ly/jSIY9 Internet marketer, copyeditor, copywriter, content creator, author - http://www.joechengery.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7956737].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mianfarhanraza
    Try oDesk and/or Fiverr but make sure you are going to contract the right one. See the reviews/feedbacks, make sure they have the skills, capabilities and experience in your niche. Ask them for a test drive. Many on oDesk offer free trial of few 100 words or you may pay for it to see the quality rather then throwing your dollar in dark.

    Make sure you don't rely on the people bid on your projects on oDesk but use the advance search filter to find the right one and invite. The potential contractors mostly don't bid but needs to be invited.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7963816].message }}

Trending Topics