To Spin or Not to Spin Articles?

78 replies
I am big into writing and submitting my articles once instead of spinning it because I am big into unique content. I have about 600 articles on my computer and some business partners are telling me to spin them at least twice so I can save money from hiring a writer to do so.

Should I spin or not spin?
#articles #spin
  • Profile picture of the author Soren
    To spin is to spam, so ask yourself if you're awesome - or a spammer? Spam is "black hat" and pollutes the web, and waste peoples precious time. This is the wrong way to make money and it will eventually bite you in the ass (thank you Google)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7956055].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ymest
      Originally Posted by Soren View Post

      To spin is to spam, so ask yourself if you're awesome - or a spammer? Spam is "black hat" and pollutes the web, and waste peoples precious time. This is the wrong way to make money and it will eventually bite you in the ass (thank you Google)
      Ah, so true! Love the "to spin is to spam"! Brilliant! Yes, it's internet pollution so, just like Soren, I'd advise you not to spin! Remain as awesome as you are! Unique content ONLY...because you're worth it!

      Have a great day!

      Yoan
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7959085].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author wingman7
        I vote for not spinning.

        There is already too much dialogue on the net.

        What everybody wants is current, usable, information.

        However, you cannot post the same article in 100 different places! Because its duplicate content. So, how do you have an impact on traffic?

        Probably using social media. Clips directing to blogs.

        Pull in traffic with provocative challenges.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7959431].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author rjames
        i spin and will always spin....
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7960140].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Anne0521
        Why spin? It's not worth it. I don't spin my articles. Is there a spinner that can spin an article without requiring you to correct some grammar. I always came upon spun articles and noticed that they made no sense at all. If you spin your article then rewrite it again so that it made sense, you're wasting your time! Spend your precious time writing original contents.

        However, rewriting is a different story.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7960217].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lcombs
    By all means spin.
    It is not SPAM.
    How many articles are on the 'net that say say the same thing using different language?
    One of the first books I read by a prominent marketer said "Cheating is allowed. Lying is not".
    At worst, spinning an article is cheating.
    My personal opinion is it is not cheating. It is a perfectly legitimate and very common part of marketing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7956085].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author thedark
      Originally Posted by lcombs View Post

      By all means spin.
      It is not SPAM.
      How many articles are on the 'net that say say the same thing using different language?
      One of the first books I read by a prominent marketer said "Cheating is allowed. Lying is not".
      At worst, spinning an article is cheating.
      My personal opinion is it is not cheating. It is a perfectly legitimate and very common part of marketing.

      I completely disagree.

      First, if I write about a topic that was discussed before ( every post I make probably was discussed before ), I come with my own opinion. There can be few different kinds of opinions on every subject. The opinion can be totally pro, moderate pro, somewhat pro, neutral, somewhat negative, moderate negative, totally negative.

      Then, it is the arguments I bring in to sustain my opinion. There are a lot of arguments that I can bring.

      Then, I can share my experiences about the subject. Experiences are somewhat different.

      For example, closing down of Google Reader. Most people will be against, but some of them only moderate, while others are completely rude to Google for doing this. Some of them will agree that google servers were overwhelmed by the amount of information.

      Then, there are the arguments, alternatives, why they closed, how much space they use, what is the impact, they are losing fans, etc.

      Then, there are ideas that comes from this: they should have put ads instead of closing it, they should have announced with 1 year advance, etc, etc.

      Then, there are experiences. Every user have a different experience.


      Spinning some of these articles will not add anything new, but the same positions, arguments, opinions, ideas and experiences. THE SAME. This is why they are not even ranked in google.

      More, spinned articles are hard to read because they are using "sinonyms" who are not 100% fit to that place.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7958477].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yjtung
    DO NOT SPIN Google's algorithms are so good now that they can tell original, unique content from spun content. they are pretty harsh on cracking down because they value the user experience so much. you will be penalized and your site will never rank well for your keywords.

    always write quality, unique content. its the only way to go if you want to survive long term.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7956094].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Devin X
    Banned
    Originally Posted by betterwtveter View Post

    Should I spin or not spin?
    DO NOT spin. There is no need to do that, and whoever told you that there is a need for that is quite an amateur.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7956095].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nightrider85
    Originally Posted by betterwtveter View Post

    I am big into writing and submitting my articles once instead of spinning it because I am big into unique content. I have about 600 articles on my computer and some business partners are telling me to spin them at least twice so I can save money from hiring a writer to do so.

    Should I spin or not spin?
    YES you should MANUALLY spin if you want to make backlinks...but make sure it's readable...With 600 article you can produce hundred of thousand articles that could be used in many ways...

    That's my practice with Magic Submitter...Feel free to watch how I spin article, images and videos in my video #4 below...

    Blackhat ?? everyone does that anyway to gain authority and ranking..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7956100].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    No don't spin. Just use them as inspiration to create your own unique articles. Spun articles are unreadable, laughable, and will make your readers not like you. By the time you get finish editing a spun article, you could have written two 500-word articles from scratch.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7956124].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lcombs
      Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

      No don't spin. Just use them as inspiration to create your own unique articles. Spun articles are unreadable, laughable, and will make your readers not like you. By the time you get finish editing a spun article, you could have written two 500-word articles from scratch.
      Apparently you're using spin software.
      Software spits out garbage.
      I attained Expert author status on Ezines by re-writing plr articles.
      And, obtained a top 5 ranking on Google for all of my sites from the back links.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7956437].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
    Originally Posted by betterwtveter View Post

    I have about 600 articles on my computer and some business partners are telling me to spin them at least twice so I can save money from hiring a writer to do so.
    You could also print them out and fold them into paper planes yourself to save hiring an origamist to do so.

    It would be just as pointless, but at least you'd have some fun in the park.
    Signature
    TOP TIP: To browse the forum like a Pro, select "View Classic" from the drop-down menu under your user name.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7956137].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GrahamHobbs
    I'd say it depends on what you're trying to accomplish and how you feel about spinning. My first thought is that if you have any doubts or reservations (which it sounds like you do) don't do it. I can tell that deep down inside you really don't want to do it. So why compromise your own reality to accommodate other people's views. Just know what you know and keep forging ahead. Slow and steady, in your case, I think will win the day...!
    Signature
    Want to make $100 a day on Clickbank? Simple, fast method using Free or Paid resources.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7956163].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lonnie 4
    I do both and i cant seem to see any difference in the rankings with are affiliate sites. One thing im sure of that google probably will crack down in the future more on it. So i guess if you can afford not to spin its better but sometimes its just not that time productive.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7956470].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Charles AK
    I can spin an article that's more unique than most articles out nowadays, because most people rehash their stuff, so in the end their article is only like 30% unique, although google is smart enough to know the difference between a spun article and a rehashed one.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7956549].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
      Originally Posted by Charles AK View Post

      I can spin an article that's more unique than most articles out nowadays
      How exactly did you arrive at that conclusion?

      ....because most people rehash their stuff
      How exactly did you arrive at that conclusion?

      ...so in the end their article is only like 30% unique
      How on Earth did you arrive at that statictic?

      ...although google is smart enough to know the difference between a spun article and a rehashed one.
      So why do you spin them?
      Signature

      Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7956889].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author betterwtveter
        Originally Posted by Richard Van View Post

        How exactly did you arrive at that conclusion?



        How exactly did you arrive at that conclusion?



        How on Earth did you arrive at that statictic?



        So why do you spin them?
        Good point with that responds because I think the ones that made the most sense to me are the ones that do not want to spin. I really do not want to put my blog in danger, especially with its ranking and subscribers. The only way I was going to submit these spun articles was on another blog so it does not interfer with my subscribers, I would be mainly doing this to get the back linkes. I appreciate those that tell me that the back links will not make a difference, so I will most likely not spin.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7957510].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author tpw
          Originally Posted by betterwtveter View Post

          I really do not want to put my blog in danger, especially with its ranking and subscribers. The only way I was going to submit these spun articles was on another blog so it does not interfer with my subscribers

          That is why it is called Black Hat.

          You wouldn't do it to your own site, but you were more than happy to do it to other people's sites!!

          If you are honestly willing to trash up someone else's site for your benefit, what does that say about you?
          Signature
          Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
          Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7957677].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author betterwtveter
            Originally Posted by Richard Van View Post

            How exactly did you arrive at that conclusion?



            How exactly did you arrive at that conclusion?



            How on Earth did you arrive at that statictic?



            So why do you spin them?
            Originally Posted by tpw View Post

            That is why it is called Black Hat.

            You wouldn't do it to your own site, but you were more than happy to do it to other people's sites!!

            If you are honestly willing to trash up someone else's site for your benefit, what does that say about you?
            Good Point
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7957709].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Charles AK
        Originally Posted by Richard Van View Post

        How exactly did you arrive at that conclusion?



        How exactly did you arrive at that conclusion?



        How on Earth did you arrive at that statictic?



        So why do you spin them?
        face it, everyone thinks they know more than everyone else about everything, even original articles are not unique in the end, If I can spin an article the right way it will definitely be more original than most of the articles out there, everything on the internet is rehashed, even the top media outlets online rehash news stories off of one another, so a good portion of the internet is duplicate content.

        spinning got a bad rep because people think they can just put an article in the best spinner and spin on the word level without even looking at it.

        I usually spin my stuff on the paragraph, sentence, and word level, and I do this manually, which is a lot better than generated spins.

        also my spun variations look totally different from the article they originated from.

        if it didn't work, there wouldn't be so many people doing it, and google wouldn't be trying to stop it.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7959503].message }}
        • if it didn't work, there wouldn't be so many people doing it, and google wouldn't be trying to stop it.
          Charles, you make some dadgum valid points but does the fact that somethin works make it right? Google wants one dadburn thing and that is to provide folks with the answers to their questions. IF your spun articles can do that then I won't ground you for reckless postin!
          Signature
          Thaddaeus T. Hogg, The Hillbilly Marketeer
          http://www.hillbillymarketer.com
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7959571].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Charles AK
            Originally Posted by Thaddaeus T. Hogg View Post

            Charles, you make some dadgum valid points but does the fact that somethin works make it right? Google wants one dadburn thing and that is to provide folks with the answers to their questions. IF your spun articles can do that then I won't ground you for reckless postin!
            It's something everyone can do if they spend more than 5 minutes to do it, it's those push button spammers that give spinning a bad rap, isn't going to the thesaurus to rewrite a college paper, or something like that considered spinning?

            the sad thing, push button spamming works, and that's why people do it, in the end there spun articles gets their "real content" seen as a result.

            I think when it comes down to it, if you write an original article in your niche, and check it in copyscape it won't be 100% unique since how you can't say anything that hasn't already been said.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7959668].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author tpw
              Originally Posted by Charles AK View Post

              I think when it comes down to it, if you write an original article in your niche, and check it in copyscape it won't be 100% unique since how you can't say anything that hasn't already been said.

              Any article that contains the word "the" can never be 100% unique, unless you write entirely in Klingon. :rolleyes:
              Signature
              Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
              Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7959810].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jchengery
    Hello betterwtveter,

    I agree with the many who say that writing your own articles will work better long term, as Google will just crack down more and more on spun articles. I also agree with lcombs: PLR articles can be a great way to get the creative juices flowing- you can often rewrite PLR articles to make quality articles in less time than if you write those articles from scratch. That is one shortcut to making quality articles.

    Therefore, while it MIGHT be possible to get away with spun articles if you really work it, those chances will become less and less in the future as Google gets smarter. You're much better off writing quality articles from scratch or using PLR articles and REWRITING them to make brand new articles from the material in those PLR articles. Always be willing to use Copyscape to make sure your articles are unique as well before you post them and/or submit them to article directories (such as EzineArticles.com, etc.).

    Hope this helps- good luck!

    Take care,

    Joe Chengery
    Signature

    My free ebook on pancreatic cancer: http://ow.ly/nPVhm Let's help my friend Courtney Reagan strike out cancer!

    Are you WORRIED about what wheat is doing to your waistline and your health? You SHOULD be! http://ow.ly/jSIY9 Internet marketer, copyeditor, copywriter, content creator, author - http://www.joechengery.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7956577].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagr79
    Do not spin, rewrite maybe... what I would suggest is to read the article you want to spin and instead write it in a different perspective. You'll end up with a quality, unique article this way while utilizing your old articles.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7956586].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lcombs
      Originally Posted by tagr79 View Post

      Do not spin, rewrite maybe... what I would suggest is to read the article you want to spin and instead write it in a different perspective. You'll end up with a quality, unique article this way while utilizing your old articles.
      Define "spin" as opposed to rewrite.

      As far as Google getting smarter and being able to detect rewritten articles;
      So, according to that logic, there will come a day when Google won't accept anymore dog training articles, or weight loss articles, or make money articles, or IM articles, etc., etc.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7959113].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tpw
        Originally Posted by lcombs View Post

        Define "spin" as opposed to rewrite.

        As far as Google getting smarter and being able to detect rewritten articles;
        So, according to that logic, there will come a day when Google won't accept anymore dog training articles, or weight loss articles, or make money articles, or IM articles, etc., etc.

        Spin = Computer Generated
        Rewrite = Done Manually
        Signature
        Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
        Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7959120].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author jason1985
          Originally Posted by tpw View Post

          Spin = Computer Generated
          Rewrite = Done Manually


          The thing is that SPIN can be: Computer Generated , OR USER Generated.

          if its USER generated/Done Manually then the only thing the computer is doing really is just activly reading between the lines aka brackets and breaks that you Told it to use, while using the words that you choosed in the 1st place. All the spinner is doing from then on is just spitting out the possible combinations. Garbage in garbage out, Good in ....the double triple check.., then Good comes out. It just depends what kind of input you have really. And agreed above, that would me every niche and subject is almost saturated, especially with all the results Google has in its listings data base.

          At the end of the day the reasons Im building web 2.0s or articles is just to simulate others talking 'in their own words' about something and pointing back to that relevent page. And to me sometimes if its a mass number and I want to diverse it then Im spinning when needed.

          As a matter of fact when I 1st start. i always rewrite each paragraph and title from an original article from scratch. Then I throw it in the spinner and start hand creating the spintax, and only using the software to help come up with sylobols if I cant come with something that flows on my own. But thats the samething you can sometimes run into when even writing manually, or having writers block. its just that when your spinning properly your going deeper, and deeper in to the syntax and nesting.

          And thats because the software will never think as dynamically or on the fly as best as we can. Its the same as why windows office spell check or even when im texting, that spell check isnt always perfect , or some grammer checking tools.

          As long is the original article is a good reading one, the continuity will transfer over for the most part.

          If you can master the art of retelling , then I would suggust getting something called dragon if you use a MAC. its a speech to text program. I dont have a mac but i could get something similar. basically its a faster way of Re-writing instead of typing. in the end software is only good of what you make it and an article is good as you make it even when not using spinning either. We invented languages and grammer, not computers , so it all depends on how you set things up from the very beginning anyway. software isnt flawed , its usally the instructions we give it.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7959262].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author tpw
            Originally Posted by jason1985 View Post

            If you can master the art of retelling, then I would suggust getting something called dragon if you use a MAC. its a speech to text program. I dont have a mac but i could get something similar. basically its a faster way of Re-writing instead of typing. in the end software is only good of what you make it and an article is good as you make it even when not using spinning either. We invented languages and grammer, not computers , so it all depends on how you set things up from the very beginning anyway. software isnt flawed , its usally the instructions we give it.

            Are you trying to convince me that I could probably also be an excellent article spinner and story teller like you are?
            Signature
            Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
            Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7959315].message }}
            • To spin or not to spin, THAT be the dadburn question! Well, if you was a spider that would be a very good question but if you ain't a spider then that ain't no question at all! NEVER spin them articles!

              Let me ask you somethin there young fellar. Are you tryin to provide your customers with the bestest product, the bestest knowledge or the bestest service? If you is then give them folks quality and original information.

              When you go spinnin articles it is proof positive that it is all about you. If you give them folks quality content then it shows it is all about them. I ain't talkin about showin other people what your intent is, I am talkin about showin YORESELF what your intent is. I would hate to think that my objective in life was to make money at other folks expense. Most folks with a conscience would feel the same way.

              I would say that most folks like ole Thad and you wanna know why? It's cause I don't go tryin to take advantage of folks, I don't go tryin to give folks somethin what is sub-quality and I try to put folks first in my dealins with them.

              Son, it is all about reputation and brand. People are gonna be rememberin you for their dealins with you. What kind of name do you want for yourself? It's like a steak served on a garbage can lid... it's all in the presentation!

              Ya'll take care now!
              Signature
              Thaddaeus T. Hogg, The Hillbilly Marketeer
              http://www.hillbillymarketer.com
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7959374].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webtolight
    I personally would never spin my own articles.

    I am not saying you couldn't but think about this for a second.

    I would much rather be spending the time spinning my article in using social media, list building, excellent link building and so many more...

    You know what I mean?

    Let's not get caught up in the craze of link building and forgetting so many other important aspects of promoting a blog.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7956863].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rebeccha Haase
    There are different qualities in spinning articles. When you will be spinning the articles with synonyms with a good spinner, it will not create a meaningless article but a unique one. I have used Spinrewriter.com and it produced very good quality spun articles. If are in article marketing, you should spin your articles and post them into article syndicating site to get the maximum value of each article. 600 articles can be used in at least 3000 sites.

    The thing is not the same if you are willing to submit those articles into your own website. There, every time post manually written articles. Spinning is recommended for article submission.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7956875].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shifat
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7956915].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7956967].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Spinning is based on a fundamental misunderstanding.

        It's a "solution" to a problem that doesn't actually exist.

        A solution of benefit only to people selling spinning software and services.

        "Spinning" is without value. It can damage your business, but it can't help you. Everyone who actually makes a living from article marketing (rather than from supplying spinning software or services) says the same things about spinning. And there are reasons for that.

        The whole thing is based on a fallacy, and a misunderstanding about what "duplicate content" and "syndicated content" mean and signify.

        The value of a backlink doesn't depend on whether the content to which it's attached is "unique" or "previously published": it depends on many other things, but that isn't one of them, and Google says so openly.

        http://www.warriorforum.com/adsense-...ml#post6021235

        http://www.warriorforum.com/adsense-...d-tactics.html

        For people open-minded enough to read them, the following six items explain much more, at greater length and in greater detail.
        • this post explains the benefits of spinning
        • the first half (or so) of this thread contains a good discussion of what you can gain from spinning articles
        • the advice on this subject given by so many people throughout most of this thread has been really helpful to many people here
        • on the meaning and significance of "duplicate content", in this context, this little post from expert article marketer Anne Pottinger includes direct quotations from Google's WebMaster Central Blog on the subject (not easy to find a more authoritative source than that!)
        • this little article is also a very useful and accurate explanation of the subject
        • this post, and its links, explain in detail the closely related subject of how article directories really work and why they exist
        There's a further potential problem, too, which arises for anyone intending to use "mass/automated submission" of articles to article directories.

        When used for that purpose, these tools are effective enough to get your site heavily penalized by Google. What they're not effective enough to do is to give you any benefits worth having (and that was the case even before the recent Google updates).

        Take a look in the SEO Forum here. You'll find plenty of threads started off by people whose sites have been heavily penalized, and many of them have been openly told by Google that using automated submission software was the reason.

        Using this stuff this has no real benefits anyway: backlinks from article directories are worthless, for all the reasons explained in this and many other "article marketing" threads: How do Article Directories work? Even for a year or so before all the Panda updates of 2011 devalued article directory backlinks so much, SEO textbook writers were saying that you'd need literally tens of thousands of those "backlinks" to give you same linkjuice as that arising from one good backlink on a quality site specifically relevant to your niche.

        Something to keep well away from!

        This thread might also help anyone imagining that mass article directory submission might be a "good" thing to do: A problem with Article Marketing robot
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7957268].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AndyBlackSEO
    The internet these days particularly since this last years Google updates is all about quality.

    Poorly spun content basically produces bad grammar. That is what Google identifies and doesn't like.

    By all means take different sections of your articles and create new ones... and maybe add new comments or info to them. If it's good content and well structured then Google will only reward you for it.

    Think of content curation. When done correctly Google is big on this because it increases user experience and also showcases "good content" whether it exists already or not.

    When you see the same news report or article on lots of different sites, this is syndication or curation at play. Use what you have to create new content and article and add to it. This will save you time and allow you to maximize the content you already have.

    Hope that helps.
    Signature
    The Worlds Most Effective Video Creation and Marketing Software... CLICK HERE ...
    ... Create and rank professional marketing videos fast and efficiently.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7957339].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cashcow
    Spinning is so 2010. It's unnecessary and has the potential to do more harm to your business than help. Actually it probably won't help you at all.

    Just say no to spinning.
    Signature
    Gone Fishing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7957409].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tpw
    ton...nips ton ro nips I dluohs.
    Signature
    Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
    Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7957447].message }}
  • Nobody will read a spun article. You want people to enjoy reading your post. If they do they will read more or click on a link.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7957465].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author glooft
      I think spinning is fine as long as you do a good job of it. Don't just take the output of a spinner and throw it out there. It's usually pretty crappy. Take the spun article and then massage it by hand so that it reads better. Change the order of things. Add something extra.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7957478].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TimothyTorrents
    I think this thread should have a poll on it.

    I also think it is a good idea not to spin articles.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7957471].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jason1985
    YES YOU CAN SPIN. HERES WHY.
    1st I think it depends on what you want . If you only want few articles like 3 - 4, i would just rewrite it myself.

    BUTTTTTT, if its like u want 20+ or something like that I would SPIN , MANUAL SPIN!

    Reguardless what people are saying you CAN spin. But by that I mean MANUAL spinning. Not hitting some button to auto spin from software.

    BUT only using software to help orginaize the Bracets "{ , } , and | " as it can get confusing. Also for sylbol ideas. As its quicker to click them in then type them 1 by 1. Also use Nested spinning. then you can add pictures, you can. can Spin the picture titles, the picture html, and spin the HTML codes too. so you can have pictures randomly show on top, bottom, middle left or right. or if you insert blank spin, you can have sometimes no pic show up at all too. even random the size of the pic, random the pic its even using all together.

    sometimes Spin what to Underline, or bold. etc.

    alternate using bullet points, vs not using them.
    Spinning CAN be still done. but most ppl here probaly dont do that. The only down side is that it can by MIND NUMBING! took me like 6hours to do 1 500word article. the 1st time i did that because I had to take repeated breaks. But its QUALITY and NO one could tell if it was spun or not. yes even google cant tell. If you do it right. MANUALLY.

    Its better then rerighting 500 word articles yourself if your looking for alot of articles. you can get hundreads if not thousands of READABLE unique quality articles. with out a VA or expenice. just some time.

    so its up to you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7957768].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author faisalmaximus
    So far your spinning is good, its not spam and it is at the same time helpful for people and also useful for your own site. But, if spinning is of bad quality, then it is spam and you should always avoid it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7957783].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tomerep
    Do not spin your articles. I agree that whatever created by software is a "trash". Apparently, it also applies to spun articles. Better to play on the safe side than ending up with all your efforts and money being wasted.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7958134].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jakejoh10
    I never spin articles.

    I feel that freshly produced content is best for your overall business, and it's better for readers as well.

    Jake
    Signature
    If you have any fitness or nutrition related issues, head over to
    JJStrength for tips on getting fit and staying healthy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7958145].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jason1985
    Agreed @faisalmaximus
    but u see guys why Im saying why you CAN spin? read my post at #31

    think about what you all are saying when u oppose it. your saying that your letting the software create the syntax/spintax for you...but obviously it gives you non readable junk. what im telling you is, for YOUUUUUUUUUUU, and not the SOFTWARE, to decide what the syntax is. instead YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU put in the spintax yourself as YOU would know what would be readable , and NOT the program.

    That means MANUALLY adding the brackets and words YOUURRRRSELF....adding picture links yourself , using nesting, Spinning More then just words. But spinning sentences, and the words with in them, there are many techniques. sure it takes some work to do what i mentioned, but then thats the POINT. if you do the typical, 5 second thing like pasting the content in then hit favorites or auto spin, YOUR DOING IT WRONG . if done by mixing things up, and making sure your combinations read carfully you can have hundreads to thousands of great articles.

    but like i mentioned before , thats if you want ALOT of articles in the 1st place. Spinning does wonders but leaving it on complete AUTO pilot is the WRONG way to go about it. just like you can use SENUKE or GSA or MagitSubmitter on auto pilot, but ull just get spam and etc, you have to put your input and make it how you want it to come out how you would want it. thats the whole point. you can automate things but TOTAL automation is never good. theres no way im personally gonna hire someone to write hundreads and hundreds of articles by hand and expect them to be done is a quick fasion like in the same day or so. for like 100-1000s of articles. it will take them a while.

    if you know how to spin CORRECTLY with YOUUURRRRR input then it makes much sense. It can be done. But theres more then 1 way to skin a cat. but no way im gonna hire multiple VAs to do something like that, I mean if you have tons of money for it then cool. but they will never be as fast as taking the time to create the spintax yourself and get the huge amount of quality post in quick time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7958408].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tpw
      Originally Posted by jason1985 View Post

      Agreed @faisalmaximus
      but u see guys why Im saying why you CAN spin? read my post at #31

      think about what you all are saying when u oppose it. your saying that your letting the software create the syntax/spintax for you...but obviously it gives you non readable junk. what im telling you is, for YOUUUUUUUUUUU, and not the SOFTWARE, to decide what the syntax is. instead YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU put in the spintax yourself as YOU would know what would be readable , and NOT the program.

      Most people are too lazy to put effort into their article spinning activities.

      They are spinning because they are too lazy to write. So, they take whatever comes out of the software, and throw it on the web somewhere.

      So, although YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU spin better content, most people won't.
      Signature
      Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
      Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7958654].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CyberSEO
    Depends on what exactly you are going to spin. Spinning real articles is not a good idea for many reason. On the other hand, spinning of short (a few words - to one sentence) descriptions, video/image titles etc works just perfect.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7958424].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webcosmo
    Article spinning is Black hat Seo , so by doing so you will be penalized by Google, so it won`t make you any good.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7958518].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CyberSEO
      Originally Posted by webcosmo View Post

      Article spinning is Black hat Seo
      It's even not a grey one actually Black SEO is a way different thing (se cloaking, pr faking, traffic hijacking, gluing, site hacking/doorways etc...)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7958659].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Every "spinning discussion" in this forum goes about the same way.

        Threads always include a proportion of posts based entirely on fallacies of misattributed causation.

        People who want (for commercial or - even worse - emotional reasons of their own) to defend spinning point out that some of the disadvantages of spinning, mentioned by others, needn't necessarily apply. Sometimes even correctly ... but the point they almost invariably miss is that the "benefits" from spinning are actually misattributed, and would have arisen if everything had been done exactly the same, but without the "spinning" stage being included.

        I can't really add anything significant to the facts presented and linked to in post #19, above.

        But there are always two groups of posters who ignore (or even try to dispute) those facts: people promoting spinning software and/or services, and people who have a set of mistaken, misguided beliefs, who simply don't understand the basics of "duplicate content" and "syndicated content", imagine that if a backlink is attached to something that's previously published elsewhere and/or happens to be indexed in the "supplemental index", that somehow, magically, makes it "worth less", and a whole stack of other nonsense of this kind.

        Typically, the ill-informed beliefs on which their impressions are based aren't even stated in their posts.

        And you just can't debate the issue intelligently with people who are full of beliefs of that kind - not without trying to re-educate them from the ground up, anyway, and (perhaps understandably) they're just as unwilling to subject themselves to that as other, better informed people are to offer the service!

        So these threads wind on, in their ever-repetitive ways, until eventually a moderator closes them, sometimes around page 2 - 3, and then the matter gets put to bed until a few weeks later, when someone yet again asks "should I/shouldn't I spin?".

        There are hundreds of threads just like this. This was January's: http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...-not-spin.html (You'll notice the person vociferously pro-spinning is also advertising it in his signature-file!).
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7958715].message }}
    • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7958820].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ephrils
    Looks like what you're doing is working fine. Keep up with original content and don't spin. As was said before Google is getting better at finding spun content. Since this is really a time investment I'd use your time to do it right the first time so you don't have to make up for any spun content you make that Google might penalize.
    Signature

    Two Signature lines for rent.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7958631].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author operationoffers
    spinning articles is a very enticing method to churn out a lot of articles but it will only hurt you. Google has a lot of scripting that will seek out spun articles and ding you for it if not completely remove you from the search engine.

    My advice? Write original articles. take a feww articles and make a few articles from them if you must, just make sure they have a different feel and they don't sound unnatural which any spun article will sound like
    Signature

    OperationOffers Affiliate Network. Academy Quiz Exclusive No Scrub / No Reverse
    http://www.operationoffers.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7958701].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jason1985
    @TPW lol
    thank yoouuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7958710].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tyronne78
    I actually spin my content but I use a program called SpinRewriter. Most of your spinners basically substitute synonyms so the meaning of the article remains unchanged. What I like about SpinRewriter is that it actually adds sentences to your article and rewrites your paragraphs at a level I've never seen before. Yes article marketing (if done right) is one of the best strategies out there. But to really be effective you have to create a lot of unique content, and when I mean a lot I mean a lot. It's a numbers game. The more articles you publish the more ezines your article will show up in.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7958866].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SEOExpert999
    It is nothing wrong with using a spinner to help you edit but your content needs to be 100% unique. Take the topic/article find something in it you would like to point out and make an original article. You can not just spin a article and put it up it does not work anymore.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7958912].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kenetix
      Originally Posted by SEOExpert999 View Post

      It is nothing wrong with using a spinner to help you edit but your content needs to be 100% unique. Take the topic/article find something in it you would like to point out and make an original article. You can not just spin a article and put it up it does not work anymore.
      true that. Google is getting a lot smarter these days. You could try using sicksubmitter to submit your site to multiple PR7++ sites.
      Signature

      Free advertising for your services - beam.biz

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7958941].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author garyisonline
    Whenever you say the word "spin" a FLOOD of assumptions start beating down the threads.

    1) That spun articles are crap. <-- Assumption based on the crap easily found in the wild that was spun by lazy amateurs.

    However it is impossible to identify a truly high-quality spun article in the wild. So it's just easier to say they don't exist - and that spinning is as lazy does. <-- Another Assumption

    A high-quality spun article can not be detected as spun. AND along those same lines, who is to say that the original article wasn't the garbage and it was spun into a rose? You would never know...because it would be impossible to find.

    2) Big G penalizes spun articles and they will hurt your site <-- Assumption again based on #1 above...and also regurgitated theory from reading posts in forums.

    I laugh while reading threads where people say what Mr G will or won't do. We know what they want based on what they say...but we also know they don't always get what they want. And we know that regular Joes are getting whacked all the time for doing nothing "wrong" at all.

    So why are you building your business around a glorified directory of URLS anyway? No wonder they treat you like they own you. Stand up, brush the dust off your face and stop bowing at their feet waiting for your next crumb of bread in exchange for obeying their every ambiguous command.

    3) There is never a reason to spin articles for marketing. And that the only point to article marketing is link building.<-- Assuming that spinning is ONLY used for distributing articles to directories for the purpose of trying to get link juice.

    Believe it or not there is a reason to distribute (not syndicate) unique content besides getting links. And that is to get and have (some) control over a presence on as many other web properties that will allow it. It does not make sense in cost or effort to write or have written this content from scratch. And that does not mean that an article that is re-written (re-purposed) and spun correctly is spam or black-hat. Pfff PUH-LEASE!!

    There are a TON of properties to post your message on in all kinds of ways, re-purposed or not. This is about presence expansion. These properties are not to replace your main self-hosted property, but instead to piggy back your message onto other properties to expand your brand...through recognition and authority. And YES even without a link back at all! Spray your brand and authority as far and wide as you can and you won't need links.

    And believe it or not, in this case if you WERE to use duplicate content on those other brand expanding properties your duplicate content would be hidden under the supplemental results link...and that = sucks.

    Yes there is a high quality, safe way to do that using articles carefully written and spun and distributed to each of these properties WITHOUT those properties (who all rank differently) ending up in the supplemental results <--- which is a duplicate content penalty.

    Another HUGE reason to spin content is in the case of retail physical products. One SKU may fit thousands of different washing machines etc. and each part number has its own page but uses the same title and description. Spinning titles and descriptions and even images, again, can keep those other part numbers' pages out of the supplemental results.

    And if you REALLY know what you're doing, spinning can also be used for a LOT of high end inventory marketing through part number and database management etc.

    Even spinning code (html PHP) -- try your hand at developing thousands of fully unique, complete and uniquely coded websites <--- That is, if you've got it in ya.

    - YES there are crappy ways and reasons to spin articles that are easy to spot and whack.

    - YES There are very legitimate ways and reasons to spin articles and OTHER REALLY COOL stuff if you take the time to learn it...and put the effort into making your own rules instead of letting behemoths and theories control you.

    -YES Running your business through the assumptive eyes of prejudiced, legalistic purists is extremely limiting to say the least.

    Blaze your own trails!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7958939].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jason1985
    Lol , i wouldnt know! i guess it would depend on the subject! muhahahaha! lol. also by story telling, i mean re-writing.

    Remember though, If I had a blog, that I wanted to build over time to grow etc, of course I would have no need for spinning, I would just post daily or every few days, also the topics could be different from time to time and stuff.

    but for ranking purposes personally and for tiers 1 and maybe above when im doing pyramids then im spinning all the way, IF i can that is. just all depends on the situation.

    Im spinning when I want a faster way to re-write about something in mass quantiy but while keeping it readable and still have pictures and other stuff in it. theres just no way to do that many in 6 hours or less with out tons of va's or super human speed. but give me 6 or less hours and I can great just as good stuff but that can be in the mass quantity.

    but obviously i wouldnt need like 20 30 new blog post a day all on re-writing the same exact topic. it makes no sense. because me mentioning a topic on my page just ONCE would be enough. Its On page. anything off page, if im trying to emulate tons of people talking 'creating buzz' about what I wrote on my blog, based on THAT article, then thats where spinning can be of some use. nothing wrong with that
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7959344].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author khaloo
    And the conclusion is???

    Spin or No Spin??

    Cheers,
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7959395].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tpw
      Originally Posted by khaloo View Post

      And the conclusion is???

      Spin or No Spin??

      Cheers,

      People who believe that they should always present the best content for their reader believe that you should not spin.

      People who believe the only purpose for article marketing is to win Google's approval and rankings believe that article spinning is a-okay.

      The conclusion is... Which side of the fence do you sit on? Do you serve your readers or Google?
      Signature
      Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
      Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7959414].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jason1985
      my answer is this: based on effort and the time it takes

      if your doing it for tiers for example or web 2.0s for ranking reasons, then I see no reason you cant spin, mainly if you need lots of content for the exact topic, whether drip feed or just for the future of adding more buzz around something you want.

      but if its just say handful of content i would just write it as the effort would be wasted on spinning.
      -------------------------
      I would see no reason to use it on my page as usually 1 article per topic would of been enough in the 1st place. like i wouldnt have 300 articles on my own site to explain how to jump over a log, when 1 article would been all. instead it would just be a new topic.

      but my final answer is if its something that you know needs to be retalked about over and over and over again, for the same exact subject and you DONT have the energy to keep re-rewiting that, then technically you can spin.

      the only down side i see to spinning is that your personality may get lost from the new content. It will still be readable and stuff but each output may most likley feel like a different person wrote it.

      but then again, thats what your simulating when spinning most of the time anyway!

      also agreed above "serve your readers or google". It would just 1st decide also based on time and output for the main goal your acheving.

      @tpw, btw if your natually a better writer then me from scratch, then you would always Spin better then me too. Naturally if you did deep spinning as well, you would beat me on both.

      if the ideas made sense from the start and flowed from the start vs one that sucked or didnt flow right, then the better one would of been the best, no matter how much you re-write or spin(manual spin)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7959426].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tpw
        Originally Posted by jason1985 View Post

        I would see no reason to use it on my page

        If you don't want to use a spun article on your own site, then you should show as much courtesy to others.

        It is not enough to create a "readable article". Instead, we should strive to create articles that "people want to read."


        Originally Posted by wingman7 View Post

        However, you cannot post the same article in 100 different places! Because its duplicate content. So, how do you have an impact on traffic?

        It only qualifies as "duplicate content" if you allow Google to dictate to you how to promote your business, instead of you doing what needs to be done to find new audiences for your content and website.
        Signature
        Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
        Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7959439].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MartinPlatt
        Originally Posted by jason1985 View Post

        my answer is this: based on effort and the time it takes

        if your doing it for tiers for example or web 2.0s for ranking reasons, then I see no reason you cant spin, mainly if you need lots of content for the exact topic, whether drip feed or just for the future of adding more buzz around something you want.

        but if its just say handful of content i would just write it as the effort would be wasted on spinning.
        -------------------------
        I would see no reason to use it on my page as usually 1 article per topic would of been enough in the 1st place. like i wouldnt have 300 articles on my own site to explain how to jump over a log, when 1 article would been all. instead it would just be a new topic.

        but my final answer is if its something that you know needs to be retalked about over and over and over again, for the same exact subject and you DONT have the energy to keep re-rewiting that, then technically you can spin.

        the only down side i see to spinning is that your personality may get lost from the new content. It will still be readable and stuff but each output may most likley feel like a different person wrote it.

        but then again, thats what your simulating when spinning most of the time anyway!

        also agreed above "serve your readers or google". It would just 1st decide also based on time and output for the main goal your acheving.

        @tpw, btw if your natually a better writer then me from scratch, then you would always Spin better then me too. Naturally if you did deep spinning as well, you would beat me on both.

        if the ideas made sense from the start and flowed from the start vs one that sucked or didnt flow right, then the better one would of been the best, no matter how much you re-write or spin(manual spin)
        Hey Jason,

        Those links you create with spun articles are generally pretty low quality links, almost to the point where it isn't worth your while to create the posts.

        I stopped actively doing SEO a time back, it just isn't worth it, and along with that ceasing of work came the fact that spinning was also pointless as it didn't really help anything any more.

        The problem with spinning is that the deeper the spin, the more likely it is to sound rubbish on a large majority of the spins.

        Manual rewrite is the only way to go, so people can read it properly. Anything else is lazy, and poor quality, even if you do manage to fool search engines (which I'd expect will only be for so long)
        Signature

        Martin Platt

        martin-platt.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7959483].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author tpw
          Originally Posted by MartinPlatt View Post

          Manual rewrite is the only way to go, so people can read it properly. Anything else is lazy, and poor quality, even if you do manage to fool search engines (which I'd expect will only be for so long)

          Two notepad documents opened side-by-side is an excellent tool for re-writing. I use that technique often. :p
          Signature
          Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
          Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7959499].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author jason1985
          Originally Posted by MartinPlatt View Post

          Hey Jason,

          Those links you create with spun articles are generally pretty low quality links, almost to the point where it isn't worth your while to create the posts.

          I stopped actively doing SEO a time back, it just isn't worth it, and along with that ceasing of work came the fact that spinning was also pointless as it didn't really help anything any more.

          The problem with spinning is that the deeper the spin, the more likely it is to sound rubbish on a large majority of the spins.

          Manual rewrite is the only way to go, so people can read it properly. Anything else is lazy, and poor quality, even if you do manage to fool search engines (which I'd expect will only be for so long)
          yes theres some truth to that, but then i would only do it to a point if it can make sense in the 1st place though. because technically, there are some spin programs where it has infinite nesting, but just case you can doesnt mean you should either? know what i mean. so that what u said is infact true, but you can still get readable and great content too. just like you shouldnt keyword stuff, you shouldnt over nest or spin everything just cause you can. its where you need to and if you need to and if it would make sense. like if my achors were all the same for example. spinning could of helped me fixed that to add to the mix. but at the same time

          Im not gonna just focus and the anchors and say its over. I still want to make sure its readable also. although no one may even be reading it in the 1st place, but just incase they were. and also from those spiders.

          main thing is that is getting quality from spinning or readable content?
          is that possible or impossible? and I say its possible. and to be honest i never used article dirs and stuff. but i have used for web 2.0s before. if i use for article dirs its just for anchors.

          like they say, having all pr9s isnt a good thing either. nothing wrong with mix of prs. for the sake of mixing as well.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7959598].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author garyisonline
      Originally Posted by khaloo View Post

      And the conclusion is???

      Spin or No Spin??

      Cheers,
      Purists will always believe they are aware of every possible situation on earth and have the final say. They carry a HUGE rubber stamp to blot you if you say certain buzz words like "spin", "automate" or "tool".

      They make the ultimate decision in "write" and spin...I mean wrong. And that decision is to never question or work around the "great and powerful" and never abbreviate your text messages or drink expired soy milk. And there is never a pure-pose to use any other method than a hammer, chisel and a very large rock (larger for more than 500 word articles). Any other variation of that rock that is placed on any others' land is always, without exception spam. And spam is bad. :rolleyes:

      Don't question it...just take the pill and obey.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7959456].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tpw
        Originally Posted by garyisonline View Post

        Purists will always believe they are aware of every possible situation on earth and have the final say. They carry a HUGE rubber stamp to blot you if you say certain buzz words like "spin", "automate" or "tool".

        They make the ultimate decision in "write" and spin...I mean wrong. And that decision is to never question or work around the "great and powerful" and never abbreviate your text messages or drink expired soy milk. And there is never a pure-pose to use any other method than a hammer, chisel and a very large rock (larger for more than 500 word articles). Any other variation of that rock that is placed on any others' land is always, without exception spam. And spam is bad. :rolleyes:

        Don't question it...just take the pill and obey.

        This purist is not opposed to using software to create content...

        This purist is only concerned with providing good content to the public and not trashing the web in order to make Google like you.
        Signature
        Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
        Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7959469].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author jason1985
          Originally Posted by tpw View Post

          This purist is not opposed to using software to create content...

          This purist is only concerned with providing good content to the public and not trashing the web in order to make Google like you.
          agreed. thing is spin isnt instant trash, unless you infact DO hit the instant button. it can be both, its how you do it.

          will you let a 2 yr old write about something who barly can write at an adult level or would you do it? it will always read at a 2 yr level. spin or no spin

          thats what im saying. I know for a fact that the autospinning will be crap. but if you dont do that then you can make it spit out great stuff.

          as long as its readable , enjoyable for readers then its a win. thats the point, if spinning manual couldnt allow me to do that then I wouldnt of done it at times. but it can be done if you wanted. but it doesnt mean i do it all the time. only were it would benifit me. but like you said, it should always be enjoyable for the reader at the end of the day. if its not then no ones coming to the page. spinning or not.



          at the end of the day, everything is almost a paraphrase.

          just like theres a saying that every song is a remix, or was inspidered by something before it.

          you can use actual instruments or sound packs from software.
          cds have better quality then mp3s. but cd sales are going down.

          books are selling less then digital ones now. they all will sell if its enjoyable in the 1st place

          oh and about those low quality links. if those links are low quality then what makes it low quality? 9 of 10 its not the content , it would of been the type of site in the 1st place.

          ppl say article marketing isnt as effective, but it has its uses. but, the reason is because of the type of site it is in the 1st place. its domain and what ever google thinks of it and its trust. so even if u didnt spin, if that site is low quality, then nothing would change that. spinning or manual writing on a low quality site is another issue. only the site itself is to blaim.
          just like you would put ANY content on a site that google thinks is bad or blacklisted.

          the content would be irrelevant. but if its a site that google liked, even if it was devalued, you can still benifit from the anchor variations or possible left over juice it may have if its dofollow. even if it was nofollow its still natural to have in the profile.

          A non seo person wouldnt even know what most sites are linking to him.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7959607].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MartinPlatt
    I'd say no. You can only create junk links by spinning, since the output is usually still pretty poor.

    The best spinner I've found is spin rewriter, it does a pretty good job, but you still have to proof read a few of the versions.

    To me this then becomes pretty much the same thing as rewriting it manually, only you get a much better result in the end if you do (mostly!)
    Signature

    Martin Platt

    martin-platt.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7959467].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jason1985
    @hog, i agree yes . quality IS important and it is about the readers. But in my case if its something that has be done over and over so many times, theres nothing wrong with spinning. sure you can get traffic from readers through the links too. but im saying honestly thats what my main site is for. as for using tiers theres no way im gonna spend the same amount of time from scratch offpage just to pump out 2 articles. I dont want to come back tommorow, and write another 2+ more, day in and out. im mainly. If my site alone and backlinks didnt exist and I had to only focus on my blog or money site then I wouldnt need the spinning. i only spin offsite stuff when needed. for example, i DONT spin blog commenting. I do all of that after reading the post and doing a legit comment about it. thats my point. it has its uses, and what im trying to say is that you can STILL have GREAT spun content. Spin can = sucky , or good.

    it just saves time, when I need time to be saved or used efficiantly. its not 1 size fits all. but lets say im doing tons of tiers or so to rank something quickly, theres no way im gonna write MANUAL articles or web 2.0s etc for EACH tier. are you really going to write hundreds of articals maybe thousands on tier 3+? thats crazy. its time wasted at that level. but for sure on the main site like Ill say again, i dont spin. because 1st off it makes no sense to repeat yourself talking about the samething. Even if manually writing from scratch.

    If your making each blog post a new topic or sub topic then spinning or paraphrasing are both errelevent at that main level. Unless your updating something that has data thats outdated, then you can write something updated from scratch. What Im getting at is posting something that needs to be posted tons of times of a topic? are you really going to re-write, why bill gates likes icecream 500 times for each new domain or unique subdomain? no way your not. at the end of the day it depends on the situation and the numbers vs time. But , as for things being readable, it depends on YOU. spining or no spinning. Some people like re-writing things from scratch, but I dont, i have other things to do sometimes. i have no problem writing 5 articles that Each talk of something DIFFERENT. but if you have to write about 500 articles for 5 different topics. theres no reason why you should sit down and redo the same EXACT topic and SAME refrence 500 times each.

    if someone depends on a computer to decide what the content is then you have no chance of having something of quality which is obvious. but if you make it work and follow YOUR rules , knowing the pros and cons, time vs effort vs output, and various other reasons then by all means.

    its like why use calculators or use spreadsheets when we can count by hand and use paper? you just use it when it justifies sometimes. im not gonna goto my calculator and do 1+1 when i would of solved it instantly in my head. nothing is always static, things can be dynamic. its just how you do things.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7959575].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author greenowl123
    Most people don´t know how to spin the right way. I have lots of "spun" articles all over the place and you would never know they were "spun".

    As a small example :

    Today, I took a PLR article and opened it in notepad. I found 7 repetitions of the word "people" which I changed to the word "folks" or "individuals" using the find / replace function in Notepad.

    I found 3 repetitions of the word "many" which I changed to "a lot" or "numerous" using the find / replace function in Notepad.

    I quickly changed about 10 other words which had 3 or more repetitions in the PLR article

    I also changed the main keyword of the article, which was "saw palmetto for hair loss" to "saw palmetto for hair regrowth".

    So, as an example, one sentence of the PLR article was :

    Many people are looking for more details about saw palmetto for hair loss as a natural solution to avoid becoming bald.

    After "spinning" it or re-writing it, using search and replace function in Notepad and synonyms from my own brain :

    A lot of folks are searching for more info on saw palmetto for hair regrowth as a natural remedy to escape the condition of baldness.

    Now, does that look "spun" ?

    And, I don´t care about "spinning" articles to get link juice, SEO benefits or to avoid "duplicate content" and the wrath of G00gle.

    I divorced G00gle and most SEO efforts anyway, after the Penguin update.

    I spin or re-write articles for very different reasons, which have nothing to do with G00gle.
    Signature
    Free 40-page eBook "How To Earn With CPA Offers"
    + 14 Free Traffic Training Videos -
    Click here now. (no opt-in required)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7960108].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Charles AK
    see it's that spinning is for the lazy why spinning is looked down upon, I spent 5 hours once spinning a super article, and that's the most time I spent on any article, with these articles you can see 100%-130% uniqueness, you can't find a true spun article on fiverr these days, and most outsourcers don't know how to do it properly.

    it's funny how all these penalties come along but I still see sites on the top that use those tactics.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7960170].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mayagh
    If something is good information then why not SPIN it or re-write it... good and valuable information should be shared
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7960177].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author greenowl123
      Originally Posted by mayagh View Post

      If something is good information then why not SPIN it or re-write it... good and valuable information should be shared
      Well said.

      And if the article is re-written in a slightly different way, but still conveys the same basic information or idea, some people might relate to or understand the new version even better than the original.
      Signature
      Free 40-page eBook "How To Earn With CPA Offers"
      + 14 Free Traffic Training Videos -
      Click here now. (no opt-in required)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7960198].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RedShifted
    "Its not worth it"? What the hell are you people talking about?

    I feel like I'm on a contractor forum and people are saying "don't use a hammer.. its not worth it! You might break a window!!"

    Look, google doesn't care if you use spun articles and nor do your readers if you have half a clue what you're doing. You can follow all the rules and google will still find a reason to penalize your site.

    I've been working on my last spintax 2 hours a day for the last 10 days straight. Spun 7 paragraphs deep per paragraph, 10 sentences per sentence, and as many words as make sense. When this beast is done it will give me a few thousand perfectly written articles, for about 20-25 hours worth of work. I put a lot of time into my spintaxes so they come out perfect on every spin. Its really not hard if you practice. Same way you should PRACTICE swinging a hammer if you've never done it before.

    But to sit around and say "its not worth it"? Seriously. Your brain will work a lot better if you spend less time using it in such a convenient/simplistic fashion. Try thinking about things in more than 1 context. I know it might be hard, but its definitely "worth it". Same as spinning.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7960255].message }}

Trending Topics